Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Remnants -A PinkyLocke- (Finished)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25
[center][u][b]Day 34: Banner[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Jar of Vapors] Sentence: Drawing Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooks[/center] [center][IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/14deutl.png[/IMG][/center] A second trinket, and more motivation, means we've got a banner now! [s]Now I just need to think of a name for the group as a whole[/s]
Day 34: Banner
Pinkerton Pull: Jar of Vapors
Sentence: Drawing
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooks

14deutl.png

A second trinket, and more motivation, means we've got a banner now! Now I just need to think of a name for the group as a whole
kUUhGXb.pngACY5hfY.png2hQyM5Y.png
[center][u][b]Day 35: Ambush[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Ambush] Sentence: Death Streak Roll Roll: Death Streak with Pea, Silail, and Warpwind Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooks[/center] It looked like their move wasn't going to be as smooth as they had hoped. Barely a day in, and the group was ambushed by a small squad of monsters. Ryth protected Clover, while Gimel kept the familiars away from the conflict. Pea, Warpwind, and Silail stepped up to fight, although they had a few issues. At the end, there were several injuries, but nothing deadly, and the monsters had all been dispersed. The group decided that it might be best to rest where they were for the day...
Day 35: Ambush
Pinkerton Pull: Ambush
Sentence: Death Streak Roll
Roll: Death Streak with Pea, Silail, and Warpwind
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooks

It looked like their move wasn't going to be as smooth as they had hoped. Barely a day in, and the group was ambushed by a small squad of monsters. Ryth protected Clover, while Gimel kept the familiars away from the conflict. Pea, Warpwind, and Silail stepped up to fight, although they had a few issues.

At the end, there were several injuries, but nothing deadly, and the monsters had all been dispersed. The group decided that it might be best to rest where they were for the day...
[center][u][b]Day 36: Determination[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Scholar] Sentence: Death Streak Roll Roll: Death Streak with Ryth, Gimel, and Pea Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooks[/center] It was barely a day before the next attack came. Almost a flood of monsters poured into their temporary campsite, splitting the group into two. Silail, Warpwind, and Clover, along with Vee, Eve, Feather, and Starfish, were forced out of the camp. They fled quickly as Pea, Ryth, and Gimel were herded towards the center. Back to back, the dragons attacked the monsters intent on destroying them. It was a swarm of rabbits, too fast to kill off efficiently, that got to them. Ryth brought down the full might of Shadow onto one of them, but the other managed to get a burst of flames through to Gimel. She fell, the wound sizzling in the now quiet night. The monsters disappeared back to wherever they had come from, leaving the dragons staring at their friend. It didn't take long for the others to make their way back, but Gimel was too far gone for them to do anything. Silail threw potion after potion, spell after spell, at her in an attempt to save her life, but it did nothing. In her final moments, Gimel locked eyes with Silail, whispering, "Take care of Feather, will you?" When he nodded at her, tears streaking his feathers, she smiled. Then, she was gone.
Day 36: Determination
Pinkerton Pull: Scholar
Roll: Death Streak with Ryth, Gimel, and Pea

It was barely a day before the next attack came. Almost a flood of monsters poured into their temporary campsite, splitting the group into two. Silail, Warpwind, and Clover, along with Vee, Eve, Feather, and Starfish, were forced out of the camp. They fled quickly as Pea, Ryth, and Gimel were herded towards the center. Back to back, the dragons attacked the monsters intent on destroying them.

It was a swarm of rabbits, too fast to kill off efficiently, that got to them. Ryth brought down the full might of Shadow onto one of them, but the other managed to get a burst of flames through to Gimel. She fell, the wound sizzling in the now quiet night. The monsters disappeared back to wherever they had come from, leaving the dragons staring at their friend.

It didn't take long for the others to make their way back, but Gimel was too far gone for them to do anything. Silail threw potion after potion, spell after spell, at her in an attempt to save her life, but it did nothing. In her final moments, Gimel locked eyes with Silail, whispering, "Take care of Feather, will you?"

When he nodded at her, tears streaking his feathers, she smiled. Then, she was gone.
Oh no :(
Oh no :(
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Oh nooooo! :(
Oh nooooo! :(
tumblr_ooxrbyz5Dw1w5t2t1o1_250.png
tumblr_o5jegpuEaR1v9fmlwo5_r1_250.png
[center][u][b]Day 37: Moving Onward[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Warbeast Tusk] Sentence: Writing Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooks[/center] The next day of the trip was spent in silence, the group still numb from what happened to Gimel yesterday. They had buried her where she fell, along with a single feather from Feather as a sendoff gift. Clover had been hurt the most by her death, barely doing anything besides moving along with everyone else. She wouldn't talk, she would barely eat anything, she wouldn't even smile. Staring out into the forest around her, Clover could almost see movement in the leaves. But whenever she tried to look closer, there was nothing. Monsters or spirits, it didn't matter to her anymore. Nothing did. Her friend had died, while she wasn't even there to help, and there wasn't anything that could bring Gimel back. Turning away from the seemingly endless trees, she realized she was alone. Beginning to panic, she tried to figure out which way everyone had gone, but she couldn't spot any kind of trail. She was alone. Clover spun frantically around, trying to figure out where to go. Should she go back, or should she press on. A fog had descended, making it hard to see more than several feet in front of her, and the trees certainly weren't helping. She was lost. Tears starting to fall, Clover collapsed to the ground. This was her punishment for not being able to help Gimel, wasn't it? To die here, alone, without her family knowing what happened to her. She deserved this. "What's this? A lost little child? Well, maybe not little in size, but certainly in spirit," a voice said, ringing out through the fog. Clover jerked up, searching for the source of the voice. It wasn't anyone she had heard before, having almost a sickly sweetness to it. Red eyes shown through the fog, soon revealing a blue Spiral. "Are you okay, sweetie? You're crying." Before Clover could respond, the Spiral spun around, hissing at someone behind her. "Yes, I know! I can feel it on her, but don't you think the focus should be on the child right now?" There wasn't any audible reply, but the Spiral smirked, so Clover assumed there had been some kind of reply. "M-my friend... She just died recently." Why was she telling this stranger anything? It's not like the mysterious Spiral could bring Gimel back, death wasn't something that could be undone with the wave of a claw. "You blame yourself, sweetie?" Clover paused, how could the Spiral have known? Maybe she was just grieving, although maybe her guilt was that obvious. "Yes, that's what I thought. Not that I'm surprised, many dragons feel guilt for things out of their control. And you wouldn't be here if you didn't, now would you?" "...Where is here?" "Oh, neither here nor there. It's wherever you were last, but also not. A bit like limbo, if you would like to think of it like that, deary." The Spiral flicked back and forth examining her as it did so. "I would send you back, but I feel there's something you should hear first. My... acquaintance here can help with that." The Spiral seemed to fade into the fog ever so slightly, and as it did, a Wildclaw became just visible. Pure white, besides bright red markings, they spoke quickly. "I want you to remember something, if you didn't kill your friend, it isn't your fault. Thing happen outside of a single dragon's control, and that is okay. I'm not saying to get over it, but just please. Remember this." Just as quickly as they appeared, the Wildclaw was gone and the Spiral was back in full focus. "Now them, sweetie, let's get you back to your friends. I'm sure they'll be wondering about you by now..." It chuckled as the fog receded, and although the dragons themselves were already starting to fade from her memory, their message did not. Running after her family, Clover had a new-found hope in her heart.
Day 37: Moving Onward
Pinkerton Pull: Warbeast Tusk
Sentence: Writing

The next day of the trip was spent in silence, the group still numb from what happened to Gimel yesterday. They had buried her where she fell, along with a single feather from Feather as a sendoff gift. Clover had been hurt the most by her death, barely doing anything besides moving along with everyone else. She wouldn't talk, she would barely eat anything, she wouldn't even smile.

Staring out into the forest around her, Clover could almost see movement in the leaves. But whenever she tried to look closer, there was nothing. Monsters or spirits, it didn't matter to her anymore. Nothing did. Her friend had died, while she wasn't even there to help, and there wasn't anything that could bring Gimel back.

Turning away from the seemingly endless trees, she realized she was alone. Beginning to panic, she tried to figure out which way everyone had gone, but she couldn't spot any kind of trail. She was alone. Clover spun frantically around, trying to figure out where to go. Should she go back, or should she press on. A fog had descended, making it hard to see more than several feet in front of her, and the trees certainly weren't helping. She was lost.

Tears starting to fall, Clover collapsed to the ground. This was her punishment for not being able to help Gimel, wasn't it? To die here, alone, without her family knowing what happened to her. She deserved this.

"What's this? A lost little child? Well, maybe not little in size, but certainly in spirit," a voice said, ringing out through the fog. Clover jerked up, searching for the source of the voice. It wasn't anyone she had heard before, having almost a sickly sweetness to it.

Red eyes shown through the fog, soon revealing a blue Spiral. "Are you okay, sweetie? You're crying." Before Clover could respond, the Spiral spun around, hissing at someone behind her. "Yes, I know! I can feel it on her, but don't you think the focus should be on the child right now?"

There wasn't any audible reply, but the Spiral smirked, so Clover assumed there had been some kind of reply. "M-my friend... She just died recently." Why was she telling this stranger anything? It's not like the mysterious Spiral could bring Gimel back, death wasn't something that could be undone with the wave of a claw.

"You blame yourself, sweetie?" Clover paused, how could the Spiral have known? Maybe she was just grieving, although maybe her guilt was that obvious. "Yes, that's what I thought. Not that I'm surprised, many dragons feel guilt for things out of their control. And you wouldn't be here if you didn't, now would you?"

"...Where is here?"

"Oh, neither here nor there. It's wherever you were last, but also not. A bit like limbo, if you would like to think of it like that, deary." The Spiral flicked back and forth examining her as it did so. "I would send you back, but I feel there's something you should hear first. My... acquaintance here can help with that."

The Spiral seemed to fade into the fog ever so slightly, and as it did, a Wildclaw became just visible. Pure white, besides bright red markings, they spoke quickly. "I want you to remember something, if you didn't kill your friend, it isn't your fault. Thing happen outside of a single dragon's control, and that is okay. I'm not saying to get over it, but just please. Remember this."

Just as quickly as they appeared, the Wildclaw was gone and the Spiral was back in full focus. "Now them, sweetie, let's get you back to your friends. I'm sure they'll be wondering about you by now..."

It chuckled as the fog receded, and although the dragons themselves were already starting to fade from her memory, their message did not. Running after her family, Clover had a new-found hope in her heart.
@Kyrinasha You're terrible, yknow that? Gimel's death hurrrrrrts. Ow.

And Clover seems like such a sweetie, so innocent and pure, I love her and really hope nothing bad happens to her. How I haven't read this before, I'll never know, but please ping me with updates!
@Kyrinasha You're terrible, yknow that? Gimel's death hurrrrrrts. Ow.

And Clover seems like such a sweetie, so innocent and pure, I love her and really hope nothing bad happens to her. How I haven't read this before, I'll never know, but please ping me with updates!
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo5_500.png
@SilentWiccan

Oh wow, thank you! ;-; You've been added, and thank you for reading
@SilentWiccan

Oh wow, thank you! ;-; You've been added, and thank you for reading
[center][u][b]Day 38: New Additions[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Iron Filigree Wing Guard] Sentence: Breed Two Dragons Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooksk, @SilentWiccan[/center] Today, the caravan had decided to take a rest. Gimel's death still sat heavily on everyone, and they had been travelling for a while now. The campfire roared as Pea summoned everyone, looking almost sheepish as she started to speak. "So, I'm not entirely sure how to explain this, but we now have three eggs to take care of." Everyone, besides Silail, stared up at Pea, erily silent. Ryth was the first one to break it, assuring Pea that they wouldn't be leaving the eggs, and that he was sure there was a warm spot in the packs for them. The tension visibly melted out of Pea and she smiled. Everyone resumed what they were doing, although with most of the chatter now directed at what the hatchlings would end up looking like. They were happy, if only for a little bit.
Day 38: New Additions
Pinkerton Pull: Iron Filigree Wing Guard
Sentence: Breed Two Dragons
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooksk, @SilentWiccan

Today, the caravan had decided to take a rest. Gimel's death still sat heavily on everyone, and they had been travelling for a while now. The campfire roared as Pea summoned everyone, looking almost sheepish as she started to speak. "So, I'm not entirely sure how to explain this, but we now have three eggs to take care of."

Everyone, besides Silail, stared up at Pea, erily silent. Ryth was the first one to break it, assuring Pea that they wouldn't be leaving the eggs, and that he was sure there was a warm spot in the packs for them. The tension visibly melted out of Pea and she smiled. Everyone resumed what they were doing, although with most of the chatter now directed at what the hatchlings would end up looking like.

They were happy, if only for a little bit.
[center][u][b]Day 39: Close Call[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Scholar] Sentence: Death Streak Roll Roll: Tails, no death streak Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooksk, @SilentWiccan[/center] The company of dragons trudged onward through the woods, feeling they were nearly at their destination. Their chatting stopped suddenly when Ryth jolted to a stop, causing a pileup of dragons behind him. Sniffing the air carefully, no one dared breathe. With the other ambushes, even Ryth halting put everyone on edge. Afer only a moment, everyone could hear rustling in the nearby brush. They bolted. Everyone sprinted at top speed away from the possible ambush, keeping very close together. Even after they had outran it by a mile, no one could calm down. It was still too soon, so no one was able to settle back into the simple plodding along that they had been doing. At least they felt like they were nearly there.
Day 39: Close Call
Pinkerton Pull: Scholar
Roll: Tails, no death streak
Pinglist: @kayswimmer, @Leopardmask, @MystriDragon, @Perelandria, @Cryptodraco, @SpaceSnake, @WaterWolf600, @flyawaybooksk, @SilentWiccan

The company of dragons trudged onward through the woods, feeling they were nearly at their destination. Their chatting stopped suddenly when Ryth jolted to a stop, causing a pileup of dragons behind him. Sniffing the air carefully, no one dared breathe. With the other ambushes, even Ryth halting put everyone on edge.

Afer only a moment, everyone could hear rustling in the nearby brush. They bolted. Everyone sprinted at top speed away from the possible ambush, keeping very close together. Even after they had outran it by a mile, no one could calm down. It was still too soon, so no one was able to settle back into the simple plodding along that they had been doing.

At least they felt like they were nearly there.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25