Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Arcane Exile
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 79 80
@Kaial
This is great, I really love your writing style ;w;
Please add me to the ping list!
@Kaial
This is great, I really love your writing style ;w;
Please add me to the ping list!
Sorry for leaving it at that cliffhanger for a while, guys, I didn't get enough sleep for editing until last night. xnx
@ArgenteaMoon, @CyberNexus, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero, @LagMonster, @Chloraphyll, @Neige, @ChronicleCat, @simile, @keridwyn, @misplaced, @NinjaKitty
Also, thank you to all the new people who joined my pinglist since last update! I apologize for not saying so personally until now!
Entry 13

I felt panic grip me, and fought to think rationally.

All items were where I left them in the lair, the food I’d put out was still in place save for a few portions of meat. There was no blood, no mess, no struggle… and no bear.

They must have headed out on their own for a walk or something. That had to be it.

“Looks like we’re staying out a little longer,” I said to Nova, still tucked in my satchel.

I had no idea what her series of flat squeaks in response meant, but didn’t give it a second thought as I hurried out of the lair.

Soaring over the cave, there were no immediate signs of the mirrors. But after a bit of flying I began to notice strange grooves etched into the dirt and mud.

Realizing they were the right size to be Arc’s wheels, I followed them all the way to the outskirts of the Training Fields. I spotted the bear first, resting, and soon after, Arc and Lily. They were fighting against two of the moth creatures the area was swarming with.

As I circled to land I saw a great bolt of magic strike Arc. The impact knocked him back several feet, and he fell to the ground motionless. A mix of panic and rage filled me as I loosed a torrent of icy breath, tearing the foes apart before they could make another move.

Lily looked up and yelled something, but I was too frenzied to process what she said.

I reached the ground and landed in a run. As I dashed to the mirrors, I wanted to scream at them for leaving and being so foolish. I wanted to yell at the godsdamned bear for letting them wander off, I wanted to do a lot of things.

Instead, I channeled my anger and fear into magic and struck Arc with my most powerful healing spell, mending his wounds entirely.

I took a few deep breaths to compose my thoughts. I had to be rational. I reminded myself I hadn’t forbidden them leaving the cave, I hadn’t explained the risks of battling to them, I hadn’t explained the dynamics of a team to them. I reminded myself that everyone was okay—albeit barely.

I calmed myself down, and noticed Lily had been cowering.

I sat on my haunches and waited for Arc to right himself. Lily helped him up before sitting to face me. I could tell she was relieved to see my change in composure, but tears still welled in her eyes. She knew they’d messed up.

“Alright…” I began. “We’re going to have a talk.”

“Okay,” Arc croaked, still a bit dizzy from his recent injury.

I cocked my head to the side, looking between the two mirrors.
“First off, let me ask you: why did you decide to come here alone?”

“W-we uh, we were so tired and sore when we woke up today… but we realized that we also felt a lot stronger, a-and…” Lily clasped her front claws together tightly, sitting awkwardly on her hind legs.
“And uh… we realized that you must feel like that all the time, especially with how much you’ve been out—so we thought, we thought…”

“We thought we’d like to help you,” Arc interjected, though he didn’t dare look up at me. “So we decided to go look for food like you do every day.”

“And so you came here to fight for it?” I asked.

“Not at first,” Lily shook her head in a quick, erratic movement. “We tried to hunt for snakes and rabbits and stuff first, but we just couldn’t find anything.”

“You can only try for game like that so much in one day. They can tell when you’re hunting them after a while and go into hiding. I’d already done my searching for the day,” I replied simply.

“Oh,” she whispered before looking down at her talons sheepishly.
“We took Spike with us, too, because we knew you wouldn’t want us to go alone,” she added, glancing up at me nervously.

“Spike?” I mumbled questioningly, before recalling our bear resting nearby.

“Ah, right,” I shook my head. “It’s good you thought of that but, listen guys. He can’t help you here, and you aren’t fit to battle.”

“Why?” Arc asked hurriedly. His tone was something near challenging, but I chose to ignore it.

“You need a team of three to have a chance out here. You need a healer if you want a chance anywhere else. And, most importantly, you need to understand what you’re getting into. You came out here unprepared! You must realize that now!”

“We… we thought we would learn along the way?” Arc’s voice peaked with questioning.

“You’d have died if I hadn’t found you right then!” I shouted, emotion getting the best of me for a moment. I shook my head and took another steadying breath. “You didn’t even take potions…” I exhaled, regaining composure.

“Potions?” Lily questioned nervously.

“They heal you. Cheap as anything. We have a bunch back in the cave I took with me from the old lair—but those aren’t enough as I said. You need a team of three. You need a designated healer, and you can’t just slash at monsters willy-nilly.”

“You’re a healer, aren’t you, Wafer? Why can’t you fight with us?” Arc asked.

“Because if I start to carry you both through battle now, you’ll never get strong on your own—and when something happens to me you’d both be good as dead too!” I responded quickly.

In hindsight, I sounded much harsher than I meant to. The two mirrors seemed to wilt at my response, and remembering just how tentative my freedom was had rendered me speechless.

Soft shuffling from within my satchels snapped me back to reality, and I reached to retrieve Nova.

“It’s alright, though,” I began, holding out the tiny fae for the mirrors to see. “When she grows up, you’ll have your healer and you can all train together. Until then, I’ll tell you everything you need to know.”

“I, uh. Alright… thank you,” Arc responded tentatively, looking over Nova with a rather doubtful expression.

Lily simply nodded, her eyes darting between me and the ground.

“Alright,” I started simply. “But, for now, it’s time to go home.”
Sorry for leaving it at that cliffhanger for a while, guys, I didn't get enough sleep for editing until last night. xnx
@ArgenteaMoon, @CyberNexus, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero, @LagMonster, @Chloraphyll, @Neige, @ChronicleCat, @simile, @keridwyn, @misplaced, @NinjaKitty
Also, thank you to all the new people who joined my pinglist since last update! I apologize for not saying so personally until now!
Entry 13

I felt panic grip me, and fought to think rationally.

All items were where I left them in the lair, the food I’d put out was still in place save for a few portions of meat. There was no blood, no mess, no struggle… and no bear.

They must have headed out on their own for a walk or something. That had to be it.

“Looks like we’re staying out a little longer,” I said to Nova, still tucked in my satchel.

I had no idea what her series of flat squeaks in response meant, but didn’t give it a second thought as I hurried out of the lair.

Soaring over the cave, there were no immediate signs of the mirrors. But after a bit of flying I began to notice strange grooves etched into the dirt and mud.

Realizing they were the right size to be Arc’s wheels, I followed them all the way to the outskirts of the Training Fields. I spotted the bear first, resting, and soon after, Arc and Lily. They were fighting against two of the moth creatures the area was swarming with.

As I circled to land I saw a great bolt of magic strike Arc. The impact knocked him back several feet, and he fell to the ground motionless. A mix of panic and rage filled me as I loosed a torrent of icy breath, tearing the foes apart before they could make another move.

Lily looked up and yelled something, but I was too frenzied to process what she said.

I reached the ground and landed in a run. As I dashed to the mirrors, I wanted to scream at them for leaving and being so foolish. I wanted to yell at the godsdamned bear for letting them wander off, I wanted to do a lot of things.

Instead, I channeled my anger and fear into magic and struck Arc with my most powerful healing spell, mending his wounds entirely.

I took a few deep breaths to compose my thoughts. I had to be rational. I reminded myself I hadn’t forbidden them leaving the cave, I hadn’t explained the risks of battling to them, I hadn’t explained the dynamics of a team to them. I reminded myself that everyone was okay—albeit barely.

I calmed myself down, and noticed Lily had been cowering.

I sat on my haunches and waited for Arc to right himself. Lily helped him up before sitting to face me. I could tell she was relieved to see my change in composure, but tears still welled in her eyes. She knew they’d messed up.

“Alright…” I began. “We’re going to have a talk.”

“Okay,” Arc croaked, still a bit dizzy from his recent injury.

I cocked my head to the side, looking between the two mirrors.
“First off, let me ask you: why did you decide to come here alone?”

“W-we uh, we were so tired and sore when we woke up today… but we realized that we also felt a lot stronger, a-and…” Lily clasped her front claws together tightly, sitting awkwardly on her hind legs.
“And uh… we realized that you must feel like that all the time, especially with how much you’ve been out—so we thought, we thought…”

“We thought we’d like to help you,” Arc interjected, though he didn’t dare look up at me. “So we decided to go look for food like you do every day.”

“And so you came here to fight for it?” I asked.

“Not at first,” Lily shook her head in a quick, erratic movement. “We tried to hunt for snakes and rabbits and stuff first, but we just couldn’t find anything.”

“You can only try for game like that so much in one day. They can tell when you’re hunting them after a while and go into hiding. I’d already done my searching for the day,” I replied simply.

“Oh,” she whispered before looking down at her talons sheepishly.
“We took Spike with us, too, because we knew you wouldn’t want us to go alone,” she added, glancing up at me nervously.

“Spike?” I mumbled questioningly, before recalling our bear resting nearby.

“Ah, right,” I shook my head. “It’s good you thought of that but, listen guys. He can’t help you here, and you aren’t fit to battle.”

“Why?” Arc asked hurriedly. His tone was something near challenging, but I chose to ignore it.

“You need a team of three to have a chance out here. You need a healer if you want a chance anywhere else. And, most importantly, you need to understand what you’re getting into. You came out here unprepared! You must realize that now!”

“We… we thought we would learn along the way?” Arc’s voice peaked with questioning.

“You’d have died if I hadn’t found you right then!” I shouted, emotion getting the best of me for a moment. I shook my head and took another steadying breath. “You didn’t even take potions…” I exhaled, regaining composure.

“Potions?” Lily questioned nervously.

“They heal you. Cheap as anything. We have a bunch back in the cave I took with me from the old lair—but those aren’t enough as I said. You need a team of three. You need a designated healer, and you can’t just slash at monsters willy-nilly.”

“You’re a healer, aren’t you, Wafer? Why can’t you fight with us?” Arc asked.

“Because if I start to carry you both through battle now, you’ll never get strong on your own—and when something happens to me you’d both be good as dead too!” I responded quickly.

In hindsight, I sounded much harsher than I meant to. The two mirrors seemed to wilt at my response, and remembering just how tentative my freedom was had rendered me speechless.

Soft shuffling from within my satchels snapped me back to reality, and I reached to retrieve Nova.

“It’s alright, though,” I began, holding out the tiny fae for the mirrors to see. “When she grows up, you’ll have your healer and you can all train together. Until then, I’ll tell you everything you need to know.”

“I, uh. Alright… thank you,” Arc responded tentatively, looking over Nova with a rather doubtful expression.

Lily simply nodded, her eyes darting between me and the ground.

“Alright,” I started simply. “But, for now, it’s time to go home.”
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial Awwwwww he's such a fatherly figure its adorable! .....Do people actually use healers cause I just use 3 glass cannons......
@Kaial Awwwwww he's such a fatherly figure its adorable! .....Do people actually use healers cause I just use 3 glass cannons......
+3 hrs
@CyberNexus
I love these nerds so much, especially Wafer, the "main nerd".
I always use healers, it makes coli grinding way easier.

Aaaand I'm definitely using one in this nuzlocke. *clings to beloved dragons*
@CyberNexus
I love these nerds so much, especially Wafer, the "main nerd".
I always use healers, it makes coli grinding way easier.

Aaaand I'm definitely using one in this nuzlocke. *clings to beloved dragons*
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial I'd love to be added to the pinglist for this!
@Kaial I'd love to be added to the pinglist for this!
You're addressing Captain mintSMASH, the Airbright Explorer, The Green Typhoon of the Swooping Swarm and Charter of Far Currents!
@mintSMASH

Added, thank you!
@mintSMASH

Added, thank you!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
"He fell to the ground motionless"

I almost like freaked out with that

I thought Arc was dead

like, dead dead like forever dead

thank goodness Wafer can heal
"He fell to the ground motionless"

I almost like freaked out with that

I thought Arc was dead

like, dead dead like forever dead

thank goodness Wafer can heal
Pp5cWtu.png
@Ecuria

Yeahhh he took a nasty critical hit in there when I took the two mirrors in for one battle.
I was going to base how Wafer found them based on how they fared in that one battle... so yeah. It was a scary result, but not the worst. .n.
@Ecuria

Yeahhh he took a nasty critical hit in there when I took the two mirrors in for one battle.
I was going to base how Wafer found them based on how they fared in that one battle... so yeah. It was a scary result, but not the worst. .n.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial Please add me to your pinglist :-)
@Kaial Please add me to your pinglist :-)
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@kaial
Me too! It's been a while since I've found a good story!
@kaial
Me too! It's been a while since I've found a good story!
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 79 80