Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Arcane Exile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
@HazelJade
Thank you so much! You sure can. c:
@HazelJade
Thank you so much! You sure can. c:
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial oh man these hatchlings are pretty cute! also your writing is pretty good! (unlike mine wow - I have little faith in my skill, but I'm still writing a Nuzlocke)
@Kaial oh man these hatchlings are pretty cute! also your writing is pretty good! (unlike mine wow - I have little faith in my skill, but I'm still writing a Nuzlocke)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Oh. My glub.

This is so amazing! Please please PLEASE put me on the ping list? I cant wait to see more!
Oh. My glub.

This is so amazing! Please please PLEASE put me on the ping list? I cant wait to see more!
Pp5cWtu.png
I love this story so much!~ :3 May I be added as well?
I love this story so much!~ :3 May I be added as well?
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
@JadeMagic @Ecuria @ArgenteaMoon @DragonsThunder @HazelJade
Thank you so much, guys, I can't express how much your support means to me!
I'm working on an entry right now, so here's a little tidbit:

-Cleared due to the full update!-
Thank you so much, guys, I can't express how much your support means to me!
I'm working on an entry right now, so here's a little tidbit:

-Cleared due to the full update!-
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

Ahhh!~ So exiiitteed!!!
@Kaial

Ahhh!~ So exiiitteed!!!
Pp5cWtu.png
[center][b]Entry 6[/b][/center] It was a short and uneventful walk to the beach—that is, if you don’t count being climbed like a tree by a tiny, slimy baby as eventful. I plucked the hatchling from its perch on my head and dropped it into the shallow water at the shore. Salt water isn’t ideal for bathing, but I wasn’t about to go through the forest with an infant in the hopes of finding a lake or stream. I thought I could avoid encountering any more enemies if I stayed away from the forest. I was wrong. Thing were fine at first—adorable, really. The hatchling seemed to enjoy the water greatly and didn’t fuss at all when I washed the reeking remnants of the egg off. I finally got to see her colours beneath all that muck: a lovely mix of blues. I stayed for a while after I got her cleaned up, just to let her play and splash about in the water since she seemed to enjoy it so much. I wasn’t thinking. It should have occurred to me that the noise could attract attention, but I’d let my guard down. I noticed motion out of the corner of my eye, and turned just in time to see a maren darting through the water toward us. Her head was just above the waves, eyes focused on the hatchling. A viciously hooked blade broke the surface of the water, clutched in her hand and poised to strike. I grabbed the infant and dashed along the shore, taking flight the moment I picked up enough speed. I looked down to the water and saw that our attacker wasn’t alone. Countless other maren had surfaced and were staring up at us. My heart fluttered with panic at the realization of just how close a call that had been. The hatchling let out a curious squeak, unaware of the danger the creatures posed. I clutched her close to my chest and flew back to the cave. When I got “home”, Arc let out an excited squeak and dragged himself to the edge of his bed to see me. I noticed the webwing was absent, but didn’t pay much mind to it at that time. “Hello, Arc,” I said shakily, heading to his bedside with the newest hatchling still clutched to my chest. “This is… Lily, she’s going to stay with us now.” I carefully placed the newly christened Lily in the bed next to him, and the two sniffed each other curiously before returning their attention to me. “What is it?” I asked, before figuring out the obvious. “Oh! You’re both hungry, aren’t you? Just let me grab you some dinner….” It hit me as I rummaged through my satchels for their food. If I hadn’t gotten away from those maren, it wouldn’t have been just me and Lily who died. Arc had nobody else to rely on either. He would have starved to death. The realization was chilling, and at once a feeling of duty—one I’d never felt anything like before—overwhelmed me. A questioning squeak snapped me back to reality, and I returned to the hatchlings with a generous helping of meat in tow. The two devoured it in what seemed like seconds before curling up together and falling asleep. I should have eaten as well, but my stomach was tied in anxious knots and I couldn’t stand the thought of trying just then. Instead, I lay down next to the bed the two mirrors shared and rested my head against it. It stung to realize how sheltered I had been in Pepper’s clan; I had never feared for my life. I had no clue how dangerous things were outside of the lair’s walls, and my time in a team had felt more like a game than anything else. Now I was thrown into reality with two infants’ lives on the line. I sighed, shut my eyes and focused on the soft, even breaths of the two sleeping hatchlings. It was at least a comfort to know that there, at that moment, we were all safe together. Eventually, I dozed off. It felt like I’d barely shut my eyes, but it was dark by the time I received a rather rude awakening. A rock hit me on the head. I snapped awake and stared about in a confused daze. I saw nothing amiss in the cave, dimly lit by moonlight. The hatchlings were still sleeping peacefully and there was no sign of disturbance. I felt another tap on my head, this time from directly above. I craned my neck and looked up to see that the webwing had returned and was perched on a ledge just above. When it saw it had my attention, it grabbed an object beside it with its beak and dropped it down. I caught this one, thankfully. Another rock. “What the hell are you doing?” I asked flatly. The bird cocked its head to the side and let out a strange trill. I felt it was insulted by my reaction, so I looked over the rock more carefully. When I turned it toward the moonlight I found it had a great crack in one side, revealing glittering crystal. [item=deepearth geode] “…A geode?” I puzzled for a moment, and then it hit me. “The holiday! Of course…” I had forgotten it was so near with everything that had happened recently. I took the geodes—the one passed to me, and the one dropped on me—and put them in my satchels. I retrieved a few bits of insects and offered them to the webwing, which happily pecked them from my hands. “Please stay here and make sure these two don’t try to leave the cave, okay?” I asked. The bird cocked its head to the side and let out a squawk. “Please stay here,” I repeated, pleading at that point. I backed toward the mouth of the cave, my eyes still on the webwing. It hadn’t moved from its spot and was staring back quizzically. “Stay here,” I repeated, before turning and taking flight. I’ve been out searching for those geodes since then. The sun’s risen and I’ve yet to find many. I’ll keep trying, though… it’ll be a long time before I have another chance to earn favor with a god. And with how things have been, I’ll need all the help I can get.
Entry 6

It was a short and uneventful walk to the beach—that is, if you don’t count being climbed like a tree by a tiny, slimy baby as eventful. I plucked the hatchling from its perch on my head and dropped it into the shallow water at the shore.
Salt water isn’t ideal for bathing, but I wasn’t about to go through the forest with an infant in the hopes of finding a lake or stream.

I thought I could avoid encountering any more enemies if I stayed away from the forest.

I was wrong.

Thing were fine at first—adorable, really. The hatchling seemed to enjoy the water greatly and didn’t fuss at all when I washed the reeking remnants of the egg off. I finally got to see her colours beneath all that muck: a lovely mix of blues.

I stayed for a while after I got her cleaned up, just to let her play and splash about in the water since she seemed to enjoy it so much.

I wasn’t thinking. It should have occurred to me that the noise could attract attention, but I’d let my guard down. I noticed motion out of the corner of my eye, and turned just in time to see a maren darting through the water toward us. Her head was just above the waves, eyes focused on the hatchling. A viciously hooked blade broke the surface of the water, clutched in her hand and poised to strike.

I grabbed the infant and dashed along the shore, taking flight the moment I picked up enough speed. I looked down to the water and saw that our attacker wasn’t alone. Countless other maren had surfaced and were staring up at us. My heart fluttered with panic at the realization of just how close a call that had been.

The hatchling let out a curious squeak, unaware of the danger the creatures posed. I clutched her close to my chest and flew back to the cave.

When I got “home”, Arc let out an excited squeak and dragged himself to the edge of his bed to see me. I noticed the webwing was absent, but didn’t pay much mind to it at that time.

“Hello, Arc,” I said shakily, heading to his bedside with the newest hatchling still clutched to my chest. “This is… Lily, she’s going to stay with us now.”

I carefully placed the newly christened Lily in the bed next to him, and the two sniffed each other curiously before returning their attention to me.

“What is it?” I asked, before figuring out the obvious. “Oh! You’re both hungry, aren’t you? Just let me grab you some dinner….”

It hit me as I rummaged through my satchels for their food. If I hadn’t gotten away from those maren, it wouldn’t have been just me and Lily who died. Arc had nobody else to rely on either. He would have starved to death.

The realization was chilling, and at once a feeling of duty—one I’d never felt anything like before—overwhelmed me.

A questioning squeak snapped me back to reality, and I returned to the hatchlings with a generous helping of meat in tow. The two devoured it in what seemed like seconds before curling up together and falling asleep.

I should have eaten as well, but my stomach was tied in anxious knots and I couldn’t stand the thought of trying just then. Instead, I lay down next to the bed the two mirrors shared and rested my head against it.

It stung to realize how sheltered I had been in Pepper’s clan; I had never feared for my life. I had no clue how dangerous things were outside of the lair’s walls, and my time in a team had felt more like a game than anything else. Now I was thrown into reality with two infants’ lives on the line.

I sighed, shut my eyes and focused on the soft, even breaths of the two sleeping hatchlings. It was at least a comfort to know that there, at that moment, we were all safe together.

Eventually, I dozed off.

It felt like I’d barely shut my eyes, but it was dark by the time I received a rather rude awakening.

A rock hit me on the head.

I snapped awake and stared about in a confused daze. I saw nothing amiss in the cave, dimly lit by moonlight. The hatchlings were still sleeping peacefully and there was no sign of disturbance.

I felt another tap on my head, this time from directly above. I craned my neck and looked up to see that the webwing had returned and was perched on a ledge just above. When it saw it had my attention, it grabbed an object beside it with its beak and dropped it down.

I caught this one, thankfully. Another rock.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked flatly.

The bird cocked its head to the side and let out a strange trill. I felt it was insulted by my reaction, so I looked over the rock more carefully. When I turned it toward the moonlight I found it had a great crack in one side, revealing glittering crystal.

Deepearth Geode

“…A geode?” I puzzled for a moment, and then it hit me.

“The holiday! Of course…” I had forgotten it was so near with everything that had happened recently. I took the geodes—the one passed to me, and the one dropped on me—and put them in my satchels. I retrieved a few bits of insects and offered them to the webwing, which happily pecked them from my hands.

“Please stay here and make sure these two don’t try to leave the cave, okay?” I asked.

The bird cocked its head to the side and let out a squawk.

“Please stay here,” I repeated, pleading at that point.

I backed toward the mouth of the cave, my eyes still on the webwing. It hadn’t moved from its spot and was staring back quizzically.

“Stay here,” I repeated, before turning and taking flight.

I’ve been out searching for those geodes since then. The sun’s risen and I’ve yet to find many. I’ll keep trying, though… it’ll be a long time before I have another chance to earn favor with a god.

And with how things have been, I’ll need all the help I can get.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Updaate~
Updaate~
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
This story just keeps getting better. :3
This story just keeps getting better. :3
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
@Kaial hooh I'll say it again, you pretty good at this :3
@Kaial hooh I'll say it again, you pretty good at this :3