Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Can't have same name, but also can????
Okay so I wanted to name one of my dragons Marrygo again because of lore and because it really reminds me of the previous dragon that had the same name.
But it told me that the name isn't allowed for some reason, while at the same time (just for experiment) I named three dragons 'rest' (couldn't think of something else for the attempt).

I think it's a bug.
Okay so I wanted to name one of my dragons Marrygo again because of lore and because it really reminds me of the previous dragon that had the same name.
But it told me that the name isn't allowed for some reason, while at the same time (just for experiment) I named three dragons 'rest' (couldn't think of something else for the attempt).

I think it's a bug.
1623183848670.png Clan Tainted shadows
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
"Don't forget to smile from time to time."
1617910529009-1.png Always interested in RPing!
Bio codes! (Free)
@ShadowWyvern15

There is a filter which blocks names, but I doubt there is even a check for dragons of the same name. Lots of dragons have the same name, and you demonstrated it is possible.

The most likely thing, without investigating further, is that the filter is catching the name for some reason, or there was a non-English letter, or some symbol, or a space in the submitted name by mistake.

However, and considering that I could name a dragon "Marrygo", it looks like user error. Though, I don't know what error message was actually received since it wasn't in the report. I suggest carefully trying again, making sure there are no stray characters in the submission box for the name.
@ShadowWyvern15

There is a filter which blocks names, but I doubt there is even a check for dragons of the same name. Lots of dragons have the same name, and you demonstrated it is possible.

The most likely thing, without investigating further, is that the filter is catching the name for some reason, or there was a non-English letter, or some symbol, or a space in the submitted name by mistake.

However, and considering that I could name a dragon "Marrygo", it looks like user error. Though, I don't know what error message was actually received since it wasn't in the report. I suggest carefully trying again, making sure there are no stray characters in the submission box for the name.