Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Lagging BAD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Also still experiencing this. Can we at least get some acknowledgement or something that this is clearly a legit issue that is with macbooks/Mac OS? It feels like we're screaming into the void.
Also still experiencing this. Can we at least get some acknowledgement or something that this is clearly a legit issue that is with macbooks/Mac OS? It feels like we're screaming into the void.
they/them
Selling 2015 and on festival items and more HERE
Hello everyone -- I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing! We are attempting to reproduce this issue but we need more information.

If possible can you please provide us the following info:
  • Browser and browser version number
  • macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)
  • Type of mac and how old it is (if known)
  • What coliseum venues you are typically playing
  • Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
  • Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)
  • Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue

Thanks!
Hello everyone -- I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing! We are attempting to reproduce this issue but we need more information.

If possible can you please provide us the following info:
  • Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
  • Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)
  • Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue

Thanks!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Mutron Browser and browser version number: macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac): Type of mac and how old it is (if known): [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/3f9388ab24b4c23cb145614238df81ec/tumblr_osy3hauF0z1rctbqqo1_400.png[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/989655d0f45c16502c321b8bb30cc05c/tumblr_osy3hauF0z1rctbqqo2_1280.png[/img] What coliseum venues you are typically playing: Typically I try the Mire. I've tried other venues but I never can even make it through an entire battle at that speed. Anything else I do is fine - switching Coli party/dragons or abilities works fine. Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time? It's immediate as in everyone comes out slow/lagging, but gets even slower after an action or two. That said, the venue itself and everything loads perfectly at speed. Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out): Frame rate is high, animations are smooth. Just suuuuuuper slow for both actions I click to carry out as well as monster movements/turns. Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue I can't think of anything. As said, it's purely in the venues that I am having the issue. I've had no trouble with fairgrounds or anything else. Safari is useless due to the whole two click then nothing responds so I've not even bothered with there. But it's just frustrating that I can't do anything to work around it right now, so hoping you guys can fix this! I appreciate the follow up!
@Mutron

Browser and browser version number:
macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac):
Type of mac and how old it is (if known):
tumblr_osy3hauF0z1rctbqqo1_400.png
tumblr_osy3hauF0z1rctbqqo2_1280.png

What coliseum venues you are typically playing:
Typically I try the Mire. I've tried other venues but I never can even make it through an entire battle at that speed. Anything else I do is fine - switching Coli party/dragons or abilities works fine.

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
It's immediate as in everyone comes out slow/lagging, but gets even slower after an action or two. That said, the venue itself and everything loads perfectly at speed.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out):
Frame rate is high, animations are smooth. Just suuuuuuper slow for both actions I click to carry out as well as monster movements/turns.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue
I can't think of anything. As said, it's purely in the venues that I am having the issue. I've had no trouble with fairgrounds or anything else. Safari is useless due to the whole two click then nothing responds so I've not even bothered with there. But it's just frustrating that I can't do anything to work around it right now, so hoping you guys can fix this!

I appreciate the follow up!
they/them
Selling 2015 and on festival items and more HERE
@Mutron Thank you for acknowledging our issue! Here is all the information I have (I hope it helps): [LIST] [*][b]Browser and browser version number[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/XP9W3Mx.png[/img] [*][b]macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/tJRkpiz.png[/img] [*][b]Type of mac and how old it is (if known)[/b] MacBook Pro (late 2011) [*][b]What coliseum venues you are typically playing[/b] Redrock Cove, Training Fields, and Kelp Beds, but I have checked every Venue and all have the same issue for me. [*][b]Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?[/b] Immediately upon entering a Venue [*][b]Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)[/b] High frame rate but very slow movements and actions, including enemies entering the screen and any attacks/using of potions [*][b]Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue[/b] None that I can think of, as simply entering a venue seems to initiate the problem. [/LIST]
@Mutron
Thank you for acknowledging our issue! Here is all the information I have (I hope it helps):

XP9W3Mx.png
    tJRkpiz.png
    MacBook Pro (late 2011)
    Redrock Cove, Training Fields, and Kelp Beds, but I have checked every Venue and all have the same issue for me.
    Immediately upon entering a Venue
    High frame rate but very slow movements and actions, including enemies entering the screen and any attacks/using of potions
    None that I can think of, as simply entering a venue seems to initiate the problem.
+ Gen1 Clearance Sale and Trade +

Click HERE!
@Mutron [b]Browser and browser version number:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/HGI6wFI.png[/img] [b]macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac) and type of mac and how old it is (if known):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Iv9ijZ1.png[/img] [b]What coliseum venues you are typically playing:[/b] Usually the Mire, Harpy's Roost, Ghostlight Ruins and the Crystal Pools but it is happening across all venues. [b]Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?[/b] It appears immediately, as soon as I attempt to get onto the coliseum it loads slowly and continues into the venue. [b]Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out):[/b] Frame rates are high and animation is smooth but the latency is hellish and it can take up to ten seconds for the turn to occur. [b]Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue:[/b] As far as enemies is concerned, there's none but I have attempted to use my iPad and laptop at university with its fast internet and at home with my iPad being the only device that works and only on my university network. [i](I have recently upgraded my internet service to cable but this was not an issue prior to the Google Chrome/Adblocker update issue that you have resolved which left me unable to access the coliseum at all in its entirety.)[/i]
@Mutron

Browser and browser version number:
HGI6wFI.png

macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac) and type of mac and how old it is (if known):
Iv9ijZ1.png

What coliseum venues you are typically playing:
Usually the Mire, Harpy's Roost, Ghostlight Ruins and the Crystal Pools but it is happening across all venues.

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
It appears immediately, as soon as I attempt to get onto the coliseum it loads slowly and continues into the venue.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out):
Frame rates are high and animation is smooth but the latency is hellish and it can take up to ten seconds for the turn to occur.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue:
As far as enemies is concerned, there's none but I have attempted to use my iPad and laptop at university with its fast internet and at home with my iPad being the only device that works and only on my university network.

(I have recently upgraded my internet service to cable but this was not an issue prior to the Google Chrome/Adblocker update issue that you have resolved which left me unable to access the coliseum at all in its entirety.)
37rb42a.png
horse
» he / him
» +17 fr time
@Mutron I've also been having the same issues - not on mac or chrome, but didn't want to clog the forums with a separate report. [LIST] [*][b]Browser:[/b] Firefox 54.0.1 [*][b]OS Info:[/b] [/LIST] [img]https://image.ibb.co/hEXEvF/diag.jpg[/img] [LIST] [*][b]Venue:[/b] Kelp Beds. [*][b]Symptom Time:[/b] Within a couple of turns. [*][b]Frame/Latency Issue:[/b] Latency. Frames are fine but waits on "ready" after choosing action (usually scratch, don't get into enough turns to use anything else) until timeout. [*][b]Other Info:[/b] Have tried playing on safe mode and normal, as well as clearing cache. Also have had this graphical error, though only once: [/LIST] [img]https://preview.ibb.co/nrnm9a/kelpbeds.jpg[/img] Thanks for looking into this!
@Mutron
I've also been having the same issues - not on mac or chrome, but didn't want to clog the forums with a separate report.
  • Browser: Firefox 54.0.1
  • OS Info:
diag.jpg
  • Venue: Kelp Beds.
  • Symptom Time: Within a couple of turns.
  • Frame/Latency Issue: Latency. Frames are fine but waits on "ready" after choosing action (usually scratch, don't get into enough turns to use anything else) until timeout.
  • Other Info: Have tried playing on safe mode and normal, as well as clearing cache. Also have had this graphical error, though only once:
kelpbeds.jpg

Thanks for looking into this!
334p15f.gif
Kia | she/her | FRT+8
@Mutron Thank you so much for addressing this issue - or at least trying to!!! I hope I submit all the right data: [b]Browser and browser version number[/b] Google Chrome: Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit) [b]macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)[/b] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/23179b24d4077b71783f578e86a9e3c7.png[/img] [b]Type of mac and how old it is (if known)[/b] MacBook Pro, 17-inch, mid 2009 (it works great - but it's nearly ancient in computer years, lol) [b]What coliseum venues you are typically playing[/b] Predominantly leveling fodder in the Mire. Endlessly. Also playing some in the Vents. [b]Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?[/b] Symptoms appear immediately after loading the venue - up until the Beastkin slowly float into the frame in slow motion the coli loads quickly, smoothly, and with no issue. This includes changing Coli party members, assigning stats, or refreshing the page. [b]Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)[/b] High frame rate (very very smooth animation) but VERY SLOW actions - great hang time on delivering a slash to the beastkin; it looks like the fiery pits of hell are swallowing the Shellions as they prepare for an attack. [b]Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue[/b] The lag time is consistent across all enemies, actions, and members of the coli - whether it's my coli team or the beastkin it's all the same. eta: switched to using Chrome because I can't get Safari to work with the Coli at all - it will load the venue, allow me to Rally my first dragon and then NOTHING. no refresh, no button recognition, nada. So I moved to Chrome. which at least works, if very very slowly.
@Mutron

Thank you so much for addressing this issue - or at least trying to!!!

I hope I submit all the right data:

Browser and browser version number
Google Chrome: Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)
23179b24d4077b71783f578e86a9e3c7.png

Type of mac and how old it is (if known)
MacBook Pro, 17-inch, mid 2009 (it works great - but it's nearly ancient in computer years, lol)

What coliseum venues you are typically playing
Predominantly leveling fodder in the Mire. Endlessly. Also playing some in the Vents.

Symptoms appear immediately after loading the venue - up until the Beastkin slowly float into the frame in slow motion the coli loads quickly, smoothly, and with no issue. This includes changing Coli party members, assigning stats, or refreshing the page.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)
High frame rate (very very smooth animation) but VERY SLOW actions - great hang time on delivering a slash to the beastkin; it looks like the fiery pits of hell are swallowing the Shellions as they prepare for an attack.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue
The lag time is consistent across all enemies, actions, and members of the coli - whether it's my coli team or the beastkin it's all the same.

eta: switched to using Chrome because I can't get Safari to work with the Coli at all - it will load the venue, allow me to Rally my first dragon and then NOTHING. no refresh, no button recognition, nada. So I moved to Chrome. which at least works, if very very slowly.
Thank you for investigating, Mutron!

Browser and browser version number: Safari Version 10.1.1 (12603.2.4)
macOS version number: 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is: Early 2013 model

What coliseum venues you are typically playing: all venues

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time? They appear randomly. Sometimes I can get through a battle or two, sometimes only one attack.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? Most often it is smooth (at least it was when I tried it early this week), but last fall there would be a latency issue.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue. It seems to be unrelated to types of attacks on my end: I've tried magic, I've tried just scratching, I've tried defending. All will cause it to freeze up. Usually the battle does not get to the enemy's attack, but the freezing always seems to be after I try to do something. Dragon/monster animation will continue to function (floating, moving a little, etc), but buttons are not useable.
Thank you for investigating, Mutron!

Browser and browser version number: Safari Version 10.1.1 (12603.2.4)
macOS version number: 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is: Early 2013 model

What coliseum venues you are typically playing: all venues

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time? They appear randomly. Sometimes I can get through a battle or two, sometimes only one attack.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? Most often it is smooth (at least it was when I tried it early this week), but last fall there would be a latency issue.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue. It seems to be unrelated to types of attacks on my end: I've tried magic, I've tried just scratching, I've tried defending. All will cause it to freeze up. Usually the battle does not get to the enemy's attack, but the freezing always seems to be after I try to do something. Dragon/monster animation will continue to function (floating, moving a little, etc), but buttons are not useable.
Just popping in to report that I'm still experiencing the same issues.
Just popping in to report that I'm still experiencing the same issues.
+ Gen1 Clearance Sale and Trade +

Click HERE!
@SenayDragon

Just to provide an update, based on these reports it seems most likely that messages sent from your browser are having significantly delayed responses from the server. There shouldn't be delays that long under normal circumstances so we are going to investigate what could be causing them. This is going to require collecting some logs with detailed timing data. I will update the thread when we have something substantial!
@SenayDragon

Just to provide an update, based on these reports it seems most likely that messages sent from your browser are having significantly delayed responses from the server. There shouldn't be delays that long under normal circumstances so we are going to investigate what could be causing them. This is going to require collecting some logs with detailed timing data. I will update the thread when we have something substantial!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8