Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Lagging BAD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][size=6][b]UPDATE[/b][/size][/center] [quote name="Mutron" date=2017-07-11 14:12:25] [color=crimson]Hello everyone -- I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing! We are attempting to reproduce this issue but we need more information. If possible can you please provide us the following info:[/color] [LIST] [*]Browser and browser version number [*]macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac) [*]Type of mac and how old it is (if known) [*]What coliseum venues you are typically playing [*]Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time? [*]Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out) [*]Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue [/LIST] [color=crimson]Thanks![/color] [/quote] ----- [center][quote name="xanswerxthatx" date=2017-07-04 10:14:33] I found this post on a different thread--- [quote name="Nightwind" date=2017-07-04 03:24:12] Sorry, you've run into the latest set of incompatibilities. The latest update to Chrome for Mac is bugged. Here's the longest thread on it: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2224037 No fix available unless you roll back to the previous version of Chrome or wait for the next update to Chrome that will hopefully fix this. Google: Chrome, Mac, unresponsive, 2017 for general complaining and to see if anyone has a work around. As for Safari, I think it was August or September last year that it started rolling out updates that rendered the coli unusable past 1-3 battles. It's only the most recent update or two that allows the coli to work but it's also bugged as you can see by it's inability to correctly line up images and click coordinates. It might be fixable by going into either Safari or your OS settings and futzing with the display settings--if it's optimizing the display it might be optimizing the display but not also changing the click coordinates to match. Manually setting it to something or resetting it to default might help here. Again, it would depend on your version and how it interacts with your OS and your devices. Firefox rolled out a new version the same month as Safari last fall and it also killed the coli. I don't use it so I'm not sure if there's a work around or not. Version 48 is the last one I know that worked but rolling back that far isn't exactly safe. Not really good news or good work arounds but there's hope for the future. Good luck! [/quote] [/quote][/center] ----- I've been trying to play in the Coliseum for that last half hour or so and it loads just fine until I get into any venue (such as the Arena and Volcanic Vents). It seems to work okay, but it lags VERY badly. Each click takes a few seconds to register, then even longer to execute the action. The framerate is at an all-time low as well with everything seeming to move in super slow motion. I've tried reloading the Coliseum many times but I always get the same result. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm using Chrome on a Mac laptop with the latest OS. I've never had this problem before, so I assume the Coli is either super bogged down with players or glitching out. [b]EDIT[/b]: Forgot to mention that I just cleared my cache this morning so that's not the issue.
UPDATE
Mutron wrote on 2017-07-11:
Hello everyone -- I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing! We are attempting to reproduce this issue but we need more information.

If possible can you please provide us the following info:

• Browser and browser version number
  • macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)
  • Type of mac and how old it is (if known)
  • What coliseum venues you are typically playing
  • Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
  • Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)
  • Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue

Thanks!

xanswerxthatx wrote on 2017-07-04:
I found this post on a different thread---
Nightwind wrote on 2017-07-04:

Sorry, you've run into the latest set of incompatibilities. The latest update to Chrome for Mac is bugged. Here's the longest thread on it:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2224037

No fix available unless you roll back to the previous version of Chrome or wait for the next update to Chrome that will hopefully fix this. Google: Chrome, Mac, unresponsive, 2017 for general complaining and to see if anyone has a work around.

As for Safari, I think it was August or September last year that it started rolling out updates that rendered the coli unusable past 1-3 battles. It's only the most recent update or two that allows the coli to work but it's also bugged as you can see by it's inability to correctly line up images and click coordinates. It might be fixable by going into either Safari or your OS settings and futzing with the display settings--if it's optimizing the display it might be optimizing the display but not also changing the click coordinates to match. Manually setting it to something or resetting it to default might help here. Again, it would depend on your version and how it interacts with your OS and your devices.

Firefox rolled out a new version the same month as Safari last fall and it also killed the coli. I don't use it so I'm not sure if there's a work around or not. Version 48 is the last one I know that worked but rolling back that far isn't exactly safe.

Not really good news or good work arounds but there's hope for the future. Good luck!

I've been trying to play in the Coliseum for that last half hour or so and it loads just fine until I get into any venue (such as the Arena and Volcanic Vents). It seems to work okay, but it lags VERY badly. Each click takes a few seconds to register, then even longer to execute the action. The framerate is at an all-time low as well with everything seeming to move in super slow motion.

I've tried reloading the Coliseum many times but I always get the same result. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm using Chrome on a Mac laptop with the latest OS. I've never had this problem before, so I assume the Coli is either super bogged down with players or glitching out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I just cleared my cache this morning so that's not the issue.
+ Gen1 Clearance Sale and Trade +

Click HERE!
@SenayDragon

I was with lag too and I use the same browser and operating system as yours. I opened the coliseum in another browser and the lag disappeared
@SenayDragon

I was with lag too and I use the same browser and operating system as yours. I opened the coliseum in another browser and the lag disappeared
assinatiura_copy_zpslrmmnbg8.jpg
Saaaame. Though for me it's been the last 3 days, and I've cleared cache multiple times. Oddly it worked fine for me at work, on Windows 10 in Firefox.

At home, not so much. Definitely lag. Using Chrome on Mac OSX El Capitan, 10.11.6
Also tried safe mode with the same result.
Saaaame. Though for me it's been the last 3 days, and I've cleared cache multiple times. Oddly it worked fine for me at work, on Windows 10 in Firefox.

At home, not so much. Definitely lag. Using Chrome on Mac OSX El Capitan, 10.11.6
Also tried safe mode with the same result.
they/them
Selling 2015 and on festival items and more HERE
I've got the same issue! Also using Chrome, on a Mac, same operating system... so that seems to be the common denominator. Yeah, I noticed it about 3 days ago as well, when it was working totally fine beforehand.
I've got the same issue! Also using Chrome, on a Mac, same operating system... so that seems to be the common denominator. Yeah, I noticed it about 3 days ago as well, when it was working totally fine beforehand.
Thank you for your responses everyone! It seems this started three days ago for everyone else, but it just started today for me. Maybe it was BECAUSE I cleared my cache?? That doesn't make much sense though... Any mods have a response to this yet?
Thank you for your responses everyone! It seems this started three days ago for everyone else, but it just started today for me. Maybe it was BECAUSE I cleared my cache?? That doesn't make much sense though... Any mods have a response to this yet?

Click HERE!
Just want to update that I'm still having this issue. It seems I'm able to play in the Coli fine on other browsers (as other users have stated) but it still lags terribly on Chrome. Has anyone found a solution yet?
Just want to update that I'm still having this issue. It seems I'm able to play in the Coli fine on other browsers (as other users have stated) but it still lags terribly on Chrome. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Click HERE!
@SenayDragon
Unfortunately I haven't, since safe mode doesn't work and I downloaded Chrome after Safari stopped working. That was my solution. I haven't tried today but crossing my fingers that since the festival is over it might be better now? Maybe something they added for the festival is what messed it up.

edit - tried now that I am home and still lag.
@SenayDragon
Unfortunately I haven't, since safe mode doesn't work and I downloaded Chrome after Safari stopped working. That was my solution. I haven't tried today but crossing my fingers that since the festival is over it might be better now? Maybe something they added for the festival is what messed it up.

edit - tried now that I am home and still lag.
they/them
Yesterday I only needed to change the browser that the lag stopped however today the coliseum is extremely slow in any browser that I use ... In firefox the buttons don't even work.
Yesterday I only needed to change the browser that the lag stopped however today the coliseum is extremely slow in any browser that I use ... In firefox the buttons don't even work.
assinatiura_copy_zpslrmmnbg8.jpg
Another update:

I tried using Safari just now and the buttons in the Coliseum just stop working after a few turns into the first battle. Also it's still just as laggy in Chrome.
Another update:

I tried using Safari just now and the buttons in the Coliseum just stop working after a few turns into the first battle. Also it's still just as laggy in Chrome.

Click HERE!
@SenayDragon
The safari issue is known and has been for a couple of months, unfortunately. That's why I downloaded chrome as a workaround, which is now not working. So frustrating.

Same here, still experiencing lag in Chrome.
@SenayDragon
The safari issue is known and has been for a couple of months, unfortunately. That's why I downloaded chrome as a workaround, which is now not working. So frustrating.

Same here, still experiencing lag in Chrome.
they/them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8