Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | ♥ FREE IMP RAFFLE - drawn!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22
Well hi there Empire! ^^ Here's my favorite quote. It's actually an entire poem that I can quote from memory. We learned it in my high school days, and it kind of struck a chord with me.
Quote:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-Published in "Book of Verses", written by William Ernest Henley.
Well hi there Empire! ^^ Here's my favorite quote. It's actually an entire poem that I can quote from memory. We learned it in my high school days, and it kind of struck a chord with me.
Quote:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-Published in "Book of Verses", written by William Ernest Henley.
newsignature_by_zelanthair-d7hardd.png
As I´m at university I love the most now "Credits will do fine." by Qui-Gon Star Wars Episode 1
As I´m at university I love the most now "Credits will do fine." by Qui-Gon Star Wars Episode 1
Shadow_zps206beb20.jpg
I am 9 hours ahead of FR time
“Are you kidding me? I love the outdoors. Every time I’m not indoors that is where you’ll find me.” Frank (M.A.S.H.)
“Are you kidding me? I love the outdoors. Every time I’m not indoors that is where you’ll find me.” Frank (M.A.S.H.)
0406456baa.pngc92ffdd3-82ad-4e8d-9746-c91626b635ce_zpsf90263e6.png
I can't really pick a favorite quote, but one that I heard recently while rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer made me happy.

Spike: " I know that I'm a monster, but you treat me like a man, and that's..."

Just the way he says it, and the emotions James Marsters portrays. It gave me goosebumps!
I can't really pick a favorite quote, but one that I heard recently while rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer made me happy.

Spike: " I know that I'm a monster, but you treat me like a man, and that's..."

Just the way he says it, and the emotions James Marsters portrays. It gave me goosebumps!
iKaBlyq.png
I have a list of quotes, not a favourite one! :\ XD

I'll just go with this one from Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series:

“Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed!”
I have a list of quotes, not a favourite one! :\ XD

I'll just go with this one from Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series:

“Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed!”
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
"Dogs, lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and the mistakes we make because of those illusions."

- Dean Koontz, from 'The Darkest Evening of the Year'
"Dogs, lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and the mistakes we make because of those illusions."

- Dean Koontz, from 'The Darkest Evening of the Year'
“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.” - Oscar Wilde from The Importance of Being Earnest
“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.” - Oscar Wilde from The Importance of Being Earnest
My favorite quote.... 'Veni, vidi, vici' - Supposedly written by Julius Caesar, during one of his charges/wars
My favorite quote.... 'Veni, vidi, vici' - Supposedly written by Julius Caesar, during one of his charges/wars
I am not active here, and am selling all of my items & dragons!
My messages are always open!
Ugh, so many favourite quotes, it's so hard to pick one. I'll go with this one:

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."

-Aristotle
Ugh, so many favourite quotes, it's so hard to pick one. I'll go with this one:

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."

-Aristotle
Mirkanshade_zpsd9d8d26c.png
Haha wow, this is an awesome idea for a contest. I've read so many quotes that make me happy. Haven't thought about Invisible Monsters or Dean Koontz in a while.. or how much I used to cry at the first pokemon movie.. @Faedandris Fallout New Vegas had some great quotes/writing, didn't it? "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. "

I don't know if this quote is my favorite, but I do think about it a lot-
" The same as if some drunken lout started bawling that 'Vanka's gone to Petersburg,' but I'd give a quadrillion quadrillions for two seconds of joy. "

It's a quote from the Brother Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. You don't get the full effect without having read the rest of it, but there's these great fever dreams the speaker has and all these references to how relative time is, what time actually means compared to how we rationalize things and then what we feel in spite of reality, and then too it reminds me of what happens to my favorite character, Svidrigailov, in Crime & Punishment by the same author uvu The way he wrote all this beautiful stuff about the dregs of society, that so many other authors treated as a joke... I really love that author! I read the book years ago and I still think about those scenes.
Haha wow, this is an awesome idea for a contest. I've read so many quotes that make me happy. Haven't thought about Invisible Monsters or Dean Koontz in a while.. or how much I used to cry at the first pokemon movie.. @Faedandris Fallout New Vegas had some great quotes/writing, didn't it? "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. "

I don't know if this quote is my favorite, but I do think about it a lot-
" The same as if some drunken lout started bawling that 'Vanka's gone to Petersburg,' but I'd give a quadrillion quadrillions for two seconds of joy. "

It's a quote from the Brother Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. You don't get the full effect without having read the rest of it, but there's these great fever dreams the speaker has and all these references to how relative time is, what time actually means compared to how we rationalize things and then what we feel in spite of reality, and then too it reminds me of what happens to my favorite character, Svidrigailov, in Crime & Punishment by the same author uvu The way he wrote all this beautiful stuff about the dregs of society, that so many other authors treated as a joke... I really love that author! I read the book years ago and I still think about those scenes.
sigg_zpsc0a9cb30.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22