Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | [NATDOM] Public Buy
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 42 43
Edit: Okay, my post was a bit big. Sorry. I like cooking! Cutting back a bit.

Breads are good. I like making kneaded, no-kneaded, flat, tortilla, basically any bread. Here are some of the easy bread recipes:
A few treats:
Otherwise, for real food, I like making stews and soups, including curry and chili. Most of those don't follow a recipe, though. It's very easy to make enough for a few days.
Edit: Okay, my post was a bit big. Sorry. I like cooking! Cutting back a bit.

Breads are good. I like making kneaded, no-kneaded, flat, tortilla, basically any bread. Here are some of the easy bread recipes:
A few treats:
Otherwise, for real food, I like making stews and soups, including curry and chili. Most of those don't follow a recipe, though. It's very easy to make enough for a few days.
LxbWmll.png
I've come to realize that I am kind of a terrible cook. On the other hand, my son has stepped up and become a truly wonderful cook! I do have a few good recipes, though - usually things that make a HUGE pot and can feed the family for days. Here is one that's especially good when the weather starts getting chilly.

Potato/Cheese/Corn Chowder

2 Tbsp Butter or margarine
1 med Onion; minced
3/4 cup Celery; diced
5 pound Potatoes 1 lb grated; 4 lbs diced
1 cup Carrots; diced
1 quart Chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp Black pepper
1 Tbsp Seasoned salt
2 tsp Basil +
(garlic salt, allspice, dash of cinnamon)

1 pound sliced sausage (optional)
1 can Cream of mushroom soup
1 can Cream of chicken soup

1 cup Powdered milk NOT mixed up
2 bags (8oz) Grated cheddar cheese

2 cans Creamed corn (or 2 more cans regular corn & a bit of sugar/sweetener)
2 cans Whole corn (or frozen)
  • In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until softened but not brown.
  • Add potatoes, broth, liquid from corn, carrots, S&P, basil. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
  • Brown sliced sausage pieces in a fry pan (if using), add to chowder.
  • Add cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup.
  • Simmer until potatoes and carrots are done to your desired level of mushiness.
  • Adjust seasonings if desired.
  • Add some of the grated cheese and the milk powder to portions of soup/potatoes in the blender. If the chowder is too thin, you can put more through the blender to thicken, if it is too thick, add broth/water. (As an alternative to the blender, you can use an immersion blender. They work wonders!)
  • Finally, stir in the corn. Serve with loaf of good bread.
I've come to realize that I am kind of a terrible cook. On the other hand, my son has stepped up and become a truly wonderful cook! I do have a few good recipes, though - usually things that make a HUGE pot and can feed the family for days. Here is one that's especially good when the weather starts getting chilly.

Potato/Cheese/Corn Chowder

2 Tbsp Butter or margarine
1 med Onion; minced
3/4 cup Celery; diced
5 pound Potatoes 1 lb grated; 4 lbs diced
1 cup Carrots; diced
1 quart Chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp Black pepper
1 Tbsp Seasoned salt
2 tsp Basil +
(garlic salt, allspice, dash of cinnamon)

1 pound sliced sausage (optional)
1 can Cream of mushroom soup
1 can Cream of chicken soup

1 cup Powdered milk NOT mixed up
2 bags (8oz) Grated cheddar cheese

2 cans Creamed corn (or 2 more cans regular corn & a bit of sugar/sweetener)
2 cans Whole corn (or frozen)
  • In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until softened but not brown.
  • Add potatoes, broth, liquid from corn, carrots, S&P, basil. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
  • Brown sliced sausage pieces in a fry pan (if using), add to chowder.
  • Add cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup.
  • Simmer until potatoes and carrots are done to your desired level of mushiness.
  • Adjust seasonings if desired.
  • Add some of the grated cheese and the milk powder to portions of soup/potatoes in the blender. If the chowder is too thin, you can put more through the blender to thicken, if it is too thick, add broth/water. (As an alternative to the blender, you can use an immersion blender. They work wonders!)
  • Finally, stir in the corn. Serve with loaf of good bread.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
[quote=Goldia]I am so excited to get a few new recipes from this today - can anyone say ulterior motive?! [/quote] I keep periodically re-checking this thread throughout the day for the same reasons HAHAHA
Goldia wrote:
I am so excited to get a few new recipes from this today - can anyone say ulterior motive?!

I keep periodically re-checking this thread throughout the day for the same reasons HAHAHA
dxxTHL0.png __ Striation
Any Pronouns
FR+3
The Lightning Farm
Skins and Accents
Just started learning the art of sourdough, so have been a bakery in my own kitchen lately!!
Just started learning the art of sourdough, so have been a bakery in my own kitchen lately!!
[quote]What do you like to brew up in the kitchen?! Favourite food / recipe etc - feel free to share![/quote] My favorite go-to that isn't like. One of the quick, throw it together in 20 min meals is Autumn Medley! I'll link to it [url=https://www.budgetbytes.com/oven-roasted-autumn-medley/]here[/url] but its basically just throw some sausage and fall produce on a sheet pan, season it all, throw it in the oven for 20 minutes, take it out and slice the sausages, then throw it back in for another 20 and serve over rice or potatoes! The recipe calls for sweet potato, apple, and red onion, but I don't like onion myself. Just sweet potato and apple is REALLY good, but since my sister doesn't like baked apples, our go-to is usually sweet potato and squash, which is SO good. The squash has an amazing taste when baked and I definitely recommend it!
Quote:
What do you like to brew up in the kitchen?! Favourite food / recipe etc - feel free to share!

My favorite go-to that isn't like. One of the quick, throw it together in 20 min meals is Autumn Medley! I'll link to it here but its basically just throw some sausage and fall produce on a sheet pan, season it all, throw it in the oven for 20 minutes, take it out and slice the sausages, then throw it back in for another 20 and serve over rice or potatoes!

The recipe calls for sweet potato, apple, and red onion, but I don't like onion myself. Just sweet potato and apple is REALLY good, but since my sister doesn't like baked apples, our go-to is usually sweet potato and squash, which is SO good. The squash has an amazing taste when baked and I definitely recommend it!
tSKOR3g.png
- Wind Subspecies Hub
- Painted Clouds
- Foo's Eye Guardians
- Wishlist
- Clan Lore

I love cooking, this is the question for me! I want to share some links to my favorite recipes. Limiting myself to three, so I don't go on forever. I like soup! And rice things!
I love cooking, this is the question for me! I want to share some links to my favorite recipes. Limiting myself to three, so I don't go on forever. I like soup! And rice things!
Gexm3qY.png
Oh this whole question has me hungry. I love stealing everyones recepies getting inspiration for my own kitchen!
Oh this whole question has me hungry. I love stealing everyones recepies getting inspiration for my own kitchen!
L8ZP3eM.png Check out
BLOSSOM BUDDIES
by clicking the badge!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
[quote]What do you like to brew up in the kitchen?! Favourite food / recipe etc - feel free to share![/quote] Favorite recipe #1, fall centric: [b]Pumpkin Oat Bars[/b] - [url=https://thenaturalnurturer.com/wprm_print/20331]link to adjustable recipe here[/url] Ingredients [LIST] [*]olive oil or avocado oil for greasing [*]2 cups rolled oats use certified gluten free if needed [*]2 teaspoons pumpkin spice [*]1 teaspoon baking powder [*]1/4 teaspoon salt [*]1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) [*]1 1/4 cup milk of choice - I use soy milk! [*]2 large eggs (can sub flax eggs to make egg-free) [*]2 teaspoons vanilla [*]1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey - maple syrup is a better end texture for me) [*]chocolate chips (my choice usually), nuts, raisins, or topping of choice. optional! [/LIST] Instructions [LIST=1] [*]Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with oil. [*]In a medium bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine. [*]Add pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup to bowl. Stir to combine. [*]Spread into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Oatmeal is done baking when it is puffed up on the edges, set in the middle and top is golden. [*]Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. It will be soft at first but will firm up as it cools. Enjoy warm or cold. Let cool completely and store in fridge for up to 4 days. [/LIST] I'm looking for my other ones, so I may post more later!
Quote:
What do you like to brew up in the kitchen?! Favourite food / recipe etc - feel free to share!

Favorite recipe #1, fall centric:

Pumpkin Oat Bars - link to adjustable recipe here
Ingredients
  • olive oil or avocado oil for greasing
  • 2 cups rolled oats use certified gluten free if needed
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 1/4 cup milk of choice - I use soy milk!
  • 2 large eggs (can sub flax eggs to make egg-free)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey - maple syrup is a better end texture for me)
  • chocolate chips (my choice usually), nuts, raisins, or topping of choice. optional!

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with oil.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
  3. Add pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup to bowl. Stir to combine.
  4. Spread into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Oatmeal is done baking when it is puffed up on the edges, set in the middle and top is golden.
  5. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. It will be soft at first but will firm up as it cools. Enjoy warm or cold. Let cool completely and store in fridge for up to 4 days.

I'm looking for my other ones, so I may post more later!
P9aWhak.png
eswSnrS.png
J7D1quC.png
qml57Um.png
3nFPpYa.png
VP2q7rm.png
95dAMMr.png
What do you like to brew up in the kitchen?! Favourite food / recipe etc - feel free to share! TACOSSSSSSSSSSS
What do you like to brew up in the kitchen?! Favourite food / recipe etc - feel free to share! TACOSSSSSSSSSSS
BU1_MEC4_M0_PR3_CC_Pearl_MintLight_ACH44_ACG9_50.png6Slg7Vv.pngZxDfQ1Z.png

Lately I've been on a big honey kick. So honey lattes for alllll the coffee needs! Just a basic latte, but stir in some honey with the espresso when it's piping hot. Delicious.

Lately I've been on a big honey kick. So honey lattes for alllll the coffee needs! Just a basic latte, but stir in some honey with the espresso when it's piping hot. Delicious.
jt3PpxV.png
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 42 43