Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] April Fools "Fodd-Lore"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center]@lethaldaywalker[/center] [quote=Device]Device wasn’t sure when the books began to follow her. The Obelisk woke up one day with a pile of them on her! Imagine her shock when they began to float to follow her throughout her den. It began to annoy her that they would flutter in the air, around her, before slamming their pages into her face. The flowers were beginning to fall from their vines that she wore from them slamming into her. Though, she had to admit, the falling petals looked [i]gorgeous[/i] on her in the way that they fell. “Dumb books,” she called them as they flew around her. “What is it that you could possibly want?” The books didn’t speak to her. Of course they didn’t speak to her … they were books. The Obelisk knew books could not talk. Her eye twitched as a leather bound book slammed into the back of her head. Her fur ruffled underneath her clothes. Her claws dug into the ground as she turned her head to glare at the pile of books that began to land on top of each other. She walked toward them before placing a paw on the top book. “I’ve had enough of you!” she snarled. The books tried to move and flutter away, but her weight kept them on the ground. “Where’s the matches?”
Device wrote:
Device wasn’t sure when the books began to follow her. The Obelisk woke up one day with a pile of them on her! Imagine her shock when they began to float to follow her throughout her den. It began to annoy her that they would flutter in the air, around her, before slamming their pages into her face. The flowers were beginning to fall from their vines that she wore from them slamming into her. Though, she had to admit, the falling petals looked gorgeous on her in the way that they fell.

“Dumb books,” she called them as they flew around her. “What is it that you could possibly want?”

The books didn’t speak to her. Of course they didn’t speak to her … they were books. The Obelisk knew books could not talk. Her eye twitched as a leather bound book slammed into the back of her head. Her fur ruffled underneath her clothes. Her claws dug into the ground as she turned her head to glare at the pile of books that began to land on top of each other. She walked toward them before placing a paw on the top book.

“I’ve had enough of you!” she snarled. The books tried to move and flutter away, but her weight kept them on the ground. “Where’s the matches?”
DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
[b]Username:[/b] Abysea [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Lucas [b]Dragon Image/Link:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66978516][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/669786/66978516_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Optional One-Word:[/b] n/a
Username: Abysea
Dragon Name: Lucas
Dragon Image/Link: 66978516_350.png
Optional One-Word: n/a
2XruB4R.png
[center]@Wraith296[/center] [quote=Astrasia]Shapeshifter. Cunning. Aloof. Those are a few words that could describe Astrasia according to his clanmates. He did not interact with the others unless he [i]absolutely[/i] had to interact with them. The Tundra liked to keep to himself. Astrasia had no problem with it. The problem he had was with the others constantly invading his space. He shifted into the form of a bear. He thought it would have kept them away from him; however, the action had the opposite effect. The dragons were mystified and awestruck at his ability to transform. Shapeshifting wasn’t anything new to dragons. Astrasia knew a few dragons who could shapeshift better than him, yet these dragons were all over him when they realized the bear was [i]him[/i]. He definitely regretted shapeshifting into a bear.[/quote] [quote=Gavilar]Gavilar was a traveler. He told fortunes during his journey. He never stayed in one spot, and that was fine with him. He didn’t want to settle in one spot. The darkness might catch up with him. Rumors spread of the Obelisk that had been shade touched, but Gavilar scoffed at the rumor. He wasn’t shade touched. No, he had this darkness since he had been born. It followed him wherever he went in the world. Gavilar never could lose it. The darkness had caught up with him once. It blinded him and feathers of ink grew all over him. The Obelisk paused in his thoughts as he stumbled upon a caravan. “Hello traveler!” a caravan dragon said. “Are you in need of a rest?” “Yes,” Gavilar spoke. “I would like food, shelter and water. In return, I will read your fortune.” Gavilar’s fortunes were grim and unkind. He never had anything good to say. It was hard to figure if his fortunes came true to the unlucky dragons who were read by him. It didn’t bother Gavilar. He did what he had to do to survive. Most dragon groups ran him out of their group as soon as he gave a reading to a dragon. Misfortune, calamity and bad luck were what awaited them according to him. They couldn’t have somebody like Gavilar lurking in their midst. The Obelisk followed the dragon to gather his food, shelter and water. It wouldn’t be long until he was kicked from their group …[/quote]
Astrasia wrote:
Shapeshifter. Cunning. Aloof.

Those are a few words that could describe Astrasia according to his clanmates. He did not interact with the others unless he absolutely had to interact with them. The Tundra liked to keep to himself. Astrasia had no problem with it. The problem he had was with the others constantly invading his space.

He shifted into the form of a bear. He thought it would have kept them away from him; however, the action had the opposite effect. The dragons were mystified and awestruck at his ability to transform. Shapeshifting wasn’t anything new to dragons. Astrasia knew a few dragons who could shapeshift better than him, yet these dragons were all over him when they realized the bear was him.

He definitely regretted shapeshifting into a bear.
Gavilar wrote:
Gavilar was a traveler. He told fortunes during his journey. He never stayed in one spot, and that was fine with him. He didn’t want to settle in one spot. The darkness might catch up with him. Rumors spread of the Obelisk that had been shade touched, but Gavilar scoffed at the rumor. He wasn’t shade touched. No, he had this darkness since he had been born. It followed him wherever he went in the world. Gavilar never could lose it. The darkness had caught up with him once. It blinded him and feathers of ink grew all over him. The Obelisk paused in his thoughts as he stumbled upon a caravan.

“Hello traveler!” a caravan dragon said. “Are you in need of a rest?”

“Yes,” Gavilar spoke. “I would like food, shelter and water. In return, I will read your fortune.”

Gavilar’s fortunes were grim and unkind. He never had anything good to say. It was hard to figure if his fortunes came true to the unlucky dragons who were read by him. It didn’t bother Gavilar. He did what he had to do to survive. Most dragon groups ran him out of their group as soon as he gave a reading to a dragon. Misfortune, calamity and bad luck were what awaited them according to him. They couldn’t have somebody like Gavilar lurking in their midst. The Obelisk followed the dragon to gather his food, shelter and water.

It wouldn’t be long until he was kicked from their group …
noSD0w3.png
[center]@divitineo[/center] [quote=Azura][i]Boom![/i] A chorus of “Azura!” could be heard throughout the clan as a cloud of smoke rose up from a den. Dragons coughed and sputtered as they tried to find their way out of the haze. A Spiral twisted and turned as she swirled through the smoke. She laughed gleefully before landing on her legs. The Spiral’s tail had knotted itself in her excitement. Azura scoffed at the knot before beginning to untie it. “Stupid tail.” “Azura!” a dragon cried. “What’d you do [i]this[/i] time?” The dragon’s head turned to the dragon who had acknowledged her. She cackled before moving to twist and turn through the air. She grabbed a few bottles and test tubes before handing herself upside down in front of the dragon, careful not to spill anything, before she grinned. “I have done it!” Her tailcoats fluttered in the wind as they hung from her in her current position. She turned her body before zooming past the dragon. The tailcoats came to lay on her body as her many items in her bag clanged together from the momentum. The dragon gave her a look as they waited for an answer. Azura paused in her sky swimming before she held up a bottle to the dragon. It was white in color and had substance to it. “I created a paste that can hold things together!” “That’s glue, Azura.”
Azura wrote:
Boom!

A chorus of “Azura!” could be heard throughout the clan as a cloud of smoke rose up from a den. Dragons coughed and sputtered as they tried to find their way out of the haze. A Spiral twisted and turned as she swirled through the smoke. She laughed gleefully before landing on her legs. The Spiral’s tail had knotted itself in her excitement. Azura scoffed at the knot before beginning to untie it.

“Stupid tail.”

“Azura!” a dragon cried. “What’d you do this time?”

The dragon’s head turned to the dragon who had acknowledged her. She cackled before moving to twist and turn through the air. She grabbed a few bottles and test tubes before handing herself upside down in front of the dragon, careful not to spill anything, before she grinned.

“I have done it!”

Her tailcoats fluttered in the wind as they hung from her in her current position. She turned her body before zooming past the dragon. The tailcoats came to lay on her body as her many items in her bag clanged together from the momentum. The dragon gave her a look as they waited for an answer. Azura paused in her sky swimming before she held up a bottle to the dragon. It was white in color and had substance to it.

“I created a paste that can hold things together!”

“That’s glue, Azura.”
noSD0w3.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63797605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/637977/63797605_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Username:[/b] mgcltwo [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Greenwood [b]Dragon Image/Link:[/b] [b]Optional One-Word:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74556840][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/745569/74556840_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Username:[/b] mgcltwo [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Selarn [b]Dragon Image/Link:[/b] [b]Optional One-Word:[/b]
63797605_350.png

Username: mgcltwo
Dragon Name: Greenwood
Dragon Image/Link:
Optional One-Word:

74556840_350.png

Username: mgcltwo
Dragon Name: Selarn
Dragon Image/Link:
Optional One-Word:

MreCscM.png
[font=Candara]@Luunadragon | [b][i]Oh?[/i][/b] Polite, is he? Have I stumbled across a gentleman? Well, with a name like Micah... [s]I actually love your floof, he is beautiful, and I hope you like this little piece of fluff I wrote for your polite boy.[/s] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/19968186][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/199682/19968186_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]It’s the small pile of pieces of paper at the wildclaw’s feet that gives her away. Pastel colors and shredded good intentions, what had once meant to be origami for the newest nest of hatchlings… well… a small pile of pieces of paper at her talons. She’s trying, he can tell - - - it’s clear as day, with the way she’s huffing in frustration and her eyes are narrowed in determination. But she’s flustered, her plumage fluffing up around her neck and ears as her claws once again shred the delicate paper. He can’t help but smile at the sight; a mixture of fondness at her determination and respect for her intention. As she drops yet another massacred pastel crane he uses his tail to sweep away the mess from her feet, stretching out a furry paw in offering. “My apologies if this is out of line but… would you like help with that?” She looks over at Micah gratefully and passes him the next [s]victim[/s] sheet of paper. His claws are careful as they fold, over and over, until one - - - then two - - - then four - - - delicate paper cranes are made. He is equally as gentle as he arranges the origami toys around the unhatched eggs, then steps back to stand next to her. She lets out a hiss through her fangs, feathers fluffing out momentarily as she admires his work before settling down – relaxed, approving, grateful. “Thank you.” He can’t help but smile back in return, genuine and pleased with his work. “My pleasure.” [/quote]
@Luunadragon | Oh? Polite, is he? Have I stumbled across a gentleman? Well, with a name like Micah...

I actually love your floof, he is beautiful, and I hope you like this little piece of fluff I wrote for your polite boy.

Quote:
19968186_350.png
It’s the small pile of pieces of paper at the wildclaw’s feet that gives her away. Pastel colors and shredded good intentions, what had once meant to be origami for the newest nest of hatchlings… well… a small pile of pieces of paper at her talons. She’s trying, he can tell - - - it’s clear as day, with the way she’s huffing in frustration and her eyes are narrowed in determination. But she’s flustered, her plumage fluffing up around her neck and ears as her claws once again shred the delicate paper.

He can’t help but smile at the sight; a mixture of fondness at her determination and respect for her intention. As she drops yet another massacred pastel crane he uses his tail to sweep away the mess from her feet, stretching out a furry paw in offering. “My apologies if this is out of line but… would you like help with that?”

She looks over at Micah gratefully and passes him the next victim sheet of paper. His claws are careful as they fold, over and over, until one - - - then two - - - then four - - - delicate paper cranes are made. He is equally as gentle as he arranges the origami toys around the unhatched eggs, then steps back to stand next to her.

She lets out a hiss through her fangs, feathers fluffing out momentarily as she admires his work before settling down – relaxed, approving, grateful. “Thank you.”

He can’t help but smile back in return, genuine and pleased with his work. “My pleasure.”
i've known you for forever and a day . . .
[font=Candara]@vangeance | I heard there were three shady-looking characters hanging around these parts yesterday... Hope you don't mind, but I've been sent to investigate... [s]But seriously your dragons have so much personality in just their appearance, this was a ton of fun. Let's also ignore that one of them went over the word limit.[/s] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47540949][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/475410/47540949_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]“I don’t think [i][b]this[/b][/i] is what he meant when he told us to beautify the lair, Marina.” The emphasis of the other’s nerves is stressed on each word, eyes flitting between her and… well… the complete and utter chaos she’d created. He looks so tightly strung that he’s about to vibrate out of his own skin, periodically shifting from foot to foot while she stands still, claws dripping in paint and strings of neon lights tangled around her forearm. No imagination, this one. None at all, if he can’t appreciate [i]this[/i] as beautiful. Really, why they sent this [i]bore[/i] to work alongside her she doesn’t know. Oh wait - - - now that she’s thinking about it, didn’t he assign this bore to [i]watch over her and make sure she didn’t go off script[/i]? Hah - - - as if someone could stop [i][b]her[/b][/i] once she’d decided on something. Especially this. His fretting is only worth a snort from her in response as she takes a step back, bubblegum pink eyes surveying the product of her efforts. Across the cliffs that had once been barren, boring rock - - - is vibrant pinks and purples, light blues and dark blues, splashed across the in chaotic disarray, as if someone had dipped their talons in paint and [i][b]splattered[/b][/i]. And that’s exactly what she had done. Empty spray cans litter the grass at her feet, responsible for the bold lines of neon paint cutting across the splashes. It’s a mess of graffiti in the form of space and constellations; the abstract chaos of the universe, infected with madness. Satisfied with her work, she turns to him with a victorious smile - - - and if it’s laced with a bit of madness in the pulsing neon lights she’s still got wrapped around her forearm (she’s thinking these will look [i]fantastic[/i] strung up in the trees), can you blame her? “[i]It’s a [b]masterpiece.[/b][/i]” [/quote] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30509228][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/305093/30509228_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4][i]Legends tell of the lone wanderer of the sand swept dunes; he who braved the desolate lands in search of something all other seekers had given up on. Hymns sing of the warrior with the tattered linen and dust-covered wing guards; he who sought not material pleasures, he who was not deterred by arduous tasks.[/i] [i]Oh yes, it is written in the myths of old, those fraying tombs that hold the greatest stories of the century. Every hatchling knows the tale of he who traveled far and wide with only a toad for companionship, in pursuit of that which nobody else had - - -[/i] “Serifys, are you daydreaming again?” With a startle the wildclaw’s inner monologue cuts off, the mirage in his mind of sandy dunes and a lone traveler fading from existence as he blinks once and she comes into focus. She’s smirking - - - amused and smug at having caught him. “No…” He mumbles, and he’s awful glad that most of his face is hidden from the bemused look of his clanmate. [/quote] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74844098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748441/74844098_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]Sometimes - - - just sometimes - - - nature has an idea and thinks it’s grand. It’s [i]the new best thing[/i]. It’ll even out the scales between predator and prey, give those who rely on identifying danger before it identifies them as a next meal a better chance to survive. And what was her grand idea this time? Aposematism. A genetic characteristic displayed by prey that signals that they will be difficult to kill and eat - - - that they have some sort of defense, such as toxicity, venom, or sharp spines, that makes them a less-than-ideal target for predators. After all, it’s only those who are weak that rely on camouflage, right? How could this possibly go wrong, with the Plaguebringer seething at this new invention that has imitated her very children’s beautiful, deadly markings? Well, nature failed to consider that a lot of the very creatures she’d created were inherently attracted to [i]bright, vibrant[/i] objects. Because [i]vibrance[/i] also signals [i]life[/i]. And now the Plaguebringer’s toxic children were mixed with her sister’s, and prey was passed off as predator, and predator mistaken for prey. The Plaguebringer’s retaliation? Add gold to her vicious daughters and sons. Of course, this simple addition will solve [i]everything[/i] - - - because, inherently, aren’t most creatures also attracted to shiny objects as well? Why hunt prey, when prey can come to you? [/quote]
@vangeance | I heard there were three shady-looking characters hanging around these parts yesterday... Hope you don't mind, but I've been sent to investigate...

But seriously your dragons have so much personality in just their appearance, this was a ton of fun. Let's also ignore that one of them went over the word limit.

Quote:
47540949_350.png
“I don’t think this is what he meant when he told us to beautify the lair, Marina.” The emphasis of the other’s nerves is stressed on each word, eyes flitting between her and… well… the complete and utter chaos she’d created. He looks so tightly strung that he’s about to vibrate out of his own skin, periodically shifting from foot to foot while she stands still, claws dripping in paint and strings of neon lights tangled around her forearm.

No imagination, this one. None at all, if he can’t appreciate this as beautiful. Really, why they sent this bore to work alongside her she doesn’t know. Oh wait - - - now that she’s thinking about it, didn’t he assign this bore to watch over her and make sure she didn’t go off script? Hah - - - as if someone could stop her once she’d decided on something.

Especially this.

His fretting is only worth a snort from her in response as she takes a step back, bubblegum pink eyes surveying the product of her efforts. Across the cliffs that had once been barren, boring rock - - - is vibrant pinks and purples, light blues and dark blues, splashed across the in chaotic disarray, as if someone had dipped their talons in paint and splattered. And that’s exactly what she had done. Empty spray cans litter the grass at her feet, responsible for the bold lines of neon paint cutting across the splashes. It’s a mess of graffiti in the form of space and constellations; the abstract chaos of the universe, infected with madness.

Satisfied with her work, she turns to him with a victorious smile - - - and if it’s laced with a bit of madness in the pulsing neon lights she’s still got wrapped around her forearm (she’s thinking these will look fantastic strung up in the trees), can you blame her?

It’s a masterpiece.
Quote:
30509228_350.png
Legends tell of the lone wanderer of the sand swept dunes; he who braved the desolate lands in search of something all other seekers had given up on. Hymns sing of the warrior with the tattered linen and dust-covered wing guards; he who sought not material pleasures, he who was not deterred by arduous tasks.

Oh yes, it is written in the myths of old, those fraying tombs that hold the greatest stories of the century. Every hatchling knows the tale of he who traveled far and wide with only a toad for companionship, in pursuit of that which nobody else had - - -

“Serifys, are you daydreaming again?”

With a startle the wildclaw’s inner monologue cuts off, the mirage in his mind of sandy dunes and a lone traveler fading from existence as he blinks once and she comes into focus. She’s smirking - - - amused and smug at having caught him.

“No…” He mumbles, and he’s awful glad that most of his face is hidden from the bemused look of his clanmate.
Quote:
74844098_350.png
Sometimes - - - just sometimes - - - nature has an idea and thinks it’s grand. It’s the new best thing. It’ll even out the scales between predator and prey, give those who rely on identifying danger before it identifies them as a next meal a better chance to survive.

And what was her grand idea this time?

Aposematism. A genetic characteristic displayed by prey that signals that they will be difficult to kill and eat - - - that they have some sort of defense, such as toxicity, venom, or sharp spines, that makes them a less-than-ideal target for predators. After all, it’s only those who are weak that rely on camouflage, right?

How could this possibly go wrong, with the Plaguebringer seething at this new invention that has imitated her very children’s beautiful, deadly markings?

Well, nature failed to consider that a lot of the very creatures she’d created were inherently attracted to bright, vibrant objects. Because vibrance also signals life. And now the Plaguebringer’s toxic children were mixed with her sister’s, and prey was passed off as predator, and predator mistaken for prey.

The Plaguebringer’s retaliation?

Add gold to her vicious daughters and sons. Of course, this simple addition will solve everything - - - because, inherently, aren’t most creatures also attracted to shiny objects as well?

Why hunt prey, when prey can come to you?
[b]Username:[/b] StarDay [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Viktoria [b]Dragon Image/Link:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70661906][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/706620/70661906_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Optional One-Word:[/b] Nerd [b]Username:[/b] StarDay [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Cattleya [b]Dragon Image/Link:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57369169][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/573692/57369169_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Optional One-Word:[/b] Chef [b]Username:[/b] StarDay [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Sunflower [b]Dragon Image/Link:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74676767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746768/74676767_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Optional One-Word:[/b] N/A What can go wrong with crack lore?
Username: StarDay
Dragon Name: Viktoria
Dragon Image/Link: 70661906_350.png
Optional One-Word: Nerd

Dragon Name: Cattleya
Dragon Image/Link: 57369169_350.png
Optional One-Word: Chef

Dragon Name: Sunflower
Dragon Image/Link: 74676767_350.png
Optional One-Word: N/A

What can go wrong with crack lore?
x72ysXo.png
[font=Candara]@lizzytiki | What a beautiful lady... [s]the Greek Goddess of Harvest, Demeter, had a bit of a temper, right? Genuine though, your lady is beautiful. I also got cut off, this is exactly 250 words rip.[/s] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75530973][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/755310/75530973_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]Gentle paws sink into spongy, freshly tilled dirt, turning it up with a delicate motion. Her tools hang at her hip, glittering and brand new - - - a gift from her clan in recognition of her hard work. Yet she prefers to feel the dirt as it slips through her claws, the moisture against her palms, the texture breaking up in her grasp. There’s something that feels distinctly like [i]home[/i] as she uses her paws to tend to the land. It’s a soft, serene feeling connecting her to the natural world around her. It reminds her of lush, green forests and meadows of flowers, of the smell of summer and the warmth of her mother’s embrace. [i]It’s a beautiful day[/i], she thinks, as vermilion eyes gaze out across the symmetrical rows of wheat, swaying in the gentle autumn breeze. Her relaxed sigh carries on the breeze, drifting over the golden fields to where the fruit vines stretch. If she tilts her head to the side, she can [i]almost[/i] hear the singing of the birds, somewhere distant and far above, signaling the change of the season - - - “Melon, we were wondering - - -” “Shh.” They gaze at her with wide, curious eyes, awaiting the knowledge she is surely about to pass on to them - - - “if I wanted to hear you speak over the voices of nature, I’d have slept in and dragged my tail at breakfast along with the rest of you lazy lot.” [/quote]
@lizzytiki | What a beautiful lady... the Greek Goddess of Harvest, Demeter, had a bit of a temper, right? Genuine though, your lady is beautiful.

I also got cut off, this is exactly 250 words rip.

Quote:
75530973_350.png
Gentle paws sink into spongy, freshly tilled dirt, turning it up with a delicate motion. Her tools hang at her hip, glittering and brand new - - - a gift from her clan in recognition of her hard work. Yet she prefers to feel the dirt as it slips through her claws, the moisture against her palms, the texture breaking up in her grasp. There’s something that feels distinctly like home as she uses her paws to tend to the land. It’s a soft, serene feeling connecting her to the natural world around her.

It reminds her of lush, green forests and meadows of flowers, of the smell of summer and the warmth of her mother’s embrace.

It’s a beautiful day, she thinks, as vermilion eyes gaze out across the symmetrical rows of wheat, swaying in the gentle autumn breeze. Her relaxed sigh carries on the breeze, drifting over the golden fields to where the fruit vines stretch. If she tilts her head to the side, she can almost hear the singing of the birds, somewhere distant and far above, signaling the change of the season - - -

“Melon, we were wondering - - -”

“Shh.” They gaze at her with wide, curious eyes, awaiting the knowledge she is surely about to pass on to them - - - “if I wanted to hear you speak over the voices of nature, I’d have slept in and dragged my tail at breakfast along with the rest of you lazy lot.”
[quote name="Koutarou" date="2022-03-28 18:19:12" ] [font=Candara]@/vangeance | I heard there were three shady-looking characters hanging around these parts yesterday... Hope you don't mind, but I've been sent to investigate... [s]But seriously your dragons have so much personality in just their appearance, this was a ton of fun. Let's also ignore that one of them went over the word limit.[/s] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47540949][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/475410/47540949_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]“I don’t think [i][b]this[/b][/i] is what he meant when he told us to beautify the lair, Marina.” The emphasis of the other’s nerves is stressed on each word, eyes flitting between her and… well… the complete and utter chaos she’d created. He looks so tightly strung that he’s about to vibrate out of his own skin, periodically shifting from foot to foot while she stands still, claws dripping in paint and strings of neon lights tangled around her forearm. No imagination, this one. None at all, if he can’t appreciate [i]this[/i] as beautiful. Really, why they sent this [i]bore[/i] to work alongside her she doesn’t know. Oh wait - - - now that she’s thinking about it, didn’t he assign this bore to [i]watch over her and make sure she didn’t go off script[/i]? Hah - - - as if someone could stop [i][b]her[/b][/i] once she’d decided on something. Especially this. His fretting is only worth a snort from her in response as she takes a step back, bubblegum pink eyes surveying the product of her efforts. Across the cliffs that had once been barren, boring rock - - - is vibrant pinks and purples, light blues and dark blues, splashed across the in chaotic disarray, as if someone had dipped their talons in paint and [i][b]splattered[/b][/i]. And that’s exactly what she had done. Empty spray cans litter the grass at her feet, responsible for the bold lines of neon paint cutting across the splashes. It’s a mess of graffiti in the form of space and constellations; the abstract chaos of the universe, infected with madness. Satisfied with her work, she turns to him with a victorious smile - - - and if it’s laced with a bit of madness in the pulsing neon lights she’s still got wrapped around her forearm (she’s thinking these will look [i]fantastic[/i] strung up in the trees), can you blame her? “[i]It’s a [b]masterpiece.[/b][/i]” [/quote] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30509228][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/305093/30509228_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4][i]Legends tell of the lone wanderer of the sand swept dunes; he who braved the desolate lands in search of something all other seekers had given up on. Hymns sing of the warrior with the tattered linen and dust-covered wing guards; he who sought not material pleasures, he who was not deterred by arduous tasks.[/i] [i]Oh yes, it is written in the myths of old, those fraying tombs that hold the greatest stories of the century. Every hatchling knows the tale of he who traveled far and wide with only a toad for companionship, in pursuit of that which nobody else had - - -[/i] “Serifys, are you daydreaming again?” With a startle the wildclaw’s inner monologue cuts off, the mirage in his mind of sandy dunes and a lone traveler fading from existence as he blinks once and she comes into focus. She’s smirking - - - amused and smug at having caught him. “No…” He mumbles, and he’s awful glad that most of his face is hidden from the bemused look of his clanmate. [/quote] [quote][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74844098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748441/74844098_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]Sometimes - - - just sometimes - - - nature has an idea and thinks it’s grand. It’s [i]the new best thing[/i]. It’ll even out the scales between predator and prey, give those who rely on identifying danger before it identifies them as a next meal a better chance to survive. And what was her grand idea this time? Aposematism. A genetic characteristic displayed by prey that signals that they will be difficult to kill and eat - - - that they have some sort of defense, such as toxicity, venom, or sharp spines, that makes them a less-than-ideal target for predators. After all, it’s only those who are weak that rely on camouflage, right? How could this possibly go wrong, with the Plaguebringer seething at this new invention that has imitated her very children’s beautiful, deadly markings? Well, nature failed to consider that a lot of the very creatures she’d created were inherently attracted to [i]bright, vibrant[/i] objects. Because [i]vibrance[/i] also signals [i]life[/i]. And now the Plaguebringer’s toxic children were mixed with her sister’s, and prey was passed off as predator, and predator mistaken for prey. The Plaguebringer’s retaliation? Add gold to her vicious daughters and sons. Of course, this simple addition will solve [i]everything[/i] - - - because, inherently, aren’t most creatures also attracted to shiny objects as well? Why hunt prey, when prey can come to you? [/quote] [/quote] lol thx this is brilliant XD [s]I spoil my dragons with uma's so I'm glad you fun with it[/s]
Koutarou wrote on 2022-03-28 18:19:12:
@/vangeance | I heard there were three shady-looking characters hanging around these parts yesterday... Hope you don't mind, but I've been sent to investigate...

But seriously your dragons have so much personality in just their appearance, this was a ton of fun. Let's also ignore that one of them went over the word limit.

Quote:
47540949_350.png
“I don’t think this is what he meant when he told us to beautify the lair, Marina.” The emphasis of the other’s nerves is stressed on each word, eyes flitting between her and… well… the complete and utter chaos she’d created. He looks so tightly strung that he’s about to vibrate out of his own skin, periodically shifting from foot to foot while she stands still, claws dripping in paint and strings of neon lights tangled around her forearm.

No imagination, this one. None at all, if he can’t appreciate this as beautiful. Really, why they sent this bore to work alongside her she doesn’t know. Oh wait - - - now that she’s thinking about it, didn’t he assign this bore to watch over her and make sure she didn’t go off script? Hah - - - as if someone could stop her once she’d decided on something.

Especially this.

His fretting is only worth a snort from her in response as she takes a step back, bubblegum pink eyes surveying the product of her efforts. Across the cliffs that had once been barren, boring rock - - - is vibrant pinks and purples, light blues and dark blues, splashed across the in chaotic disarray, as if someone had dipped their talons in paint and splattered. And that’s exactly what she had done. Empty spray cans litter the grass at her feet, responsible for the bold lines of neon paint cutting across the splashes. It’s a mess of graffiti in the form of space and constellations; the abstract chaos of the universe, infected with madness.

Satisfied with her work, she turns to him with a victorious smile - - - and if it’s laced with a bit of madness in the pulsing neon lights she’s still got wrapped around her forearm (she’s thinking these will look fantastic strung up in the trees), can you blame her?

It’s a masterpiece.
Quote:
30509228_350.png
Legends tell of the lone wanderer of the sand swept dunes; he who braved the desolate lands in search of something all other seekers had given up on. Hymns sing of the warrior with the tattered linen and dust-covered wing guards; he who sought not material pleasures, he who was not deterred by arduous tasks.

Oh yes, it is written in the myths of old, those fraying tombs that hold the greatest stories of the century. Every hatchling knows the tale of he who traveled far and wide with only a toad for companionship, in pursuit of that which nobody else had - - -

“Serifys, are you daydreaming again?”

With a startle the wildclaw’s inner monologue cuts off, the mirage in his mind of sandy dunes and a lone traveler fading from existence as he blinks once and she comes into focus. She’s smirking - - - amused and smug at having caught him.

“No…” He mumbles, and he’s awful glad that most of his face is hidden from the bemused look of his clanmate.
Quote:
74844098_350.png
Sometimes - - - just sometimes - - - nature has an idea and thinks it’s grand. It’s the new best thing. It’ll even out the scales between predator and prey, give those who rely on identifying danger before it identifies them as a next meal a better chance to survive.

And what was her grand idea this time?

Aposematism. A genetic characteristic displayed by prey that signals that they will be difficult to kill and eat - - - that they have some sort of defense, such as toxicity, venom, or sharp spines, that makes them a less-than-ideal target for predators. After all, it’s only those who are weak that rely on camouflage, right?

How could this possibly go wrong, with the Plaguebringer seething at this new invention that has imitated her very children’s beautiful, deadly markings?

Well, nature failed to consider that a lot of the very creatures she’d created were inherently attracted to bright, vibrant objects. Because vibrance also signals life. And now the Plaguebringer’s toxic children were mixed with her sister’s, and prey was passed off as predator, and predator mistaken for prey.

The Plaguebringer’s retaliation?

Add gold to her vicious daughters and sons. Of course, this simple addition will solve everything - - - because, inherently, aren’t most creatures also attracted to shiny objects as well?

Why hunt prey, when prey can come to you?

lol thx this is brilliant XD

I spoil my dragons with uma's so I'm glad you fun with it
3dl8TjK.png
CpFdYgG.png
JvUa9ma.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
FObX7rS.png
a0f71f0b64618ebbdcdf275c93d7d067ef8f7632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13