Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Moondust Loreshop [OPEN: WAITLIST]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
hi!! sorry for the delayed response! I haven't been able to get on a computer to type until now :)

I REALLY love how it turned out! I think you have such an incredible style of writing and I enjoyed every word of it!
I especially LOVED how you described Tuhkat
You really brough Aiona to life :)
I genuinely seriously love this story sm! I'm really excited to read Onyksi's!
also-- I don't know if this was intentional or not, but her sister's name Iodra is really similar to what Aiona's name was before I renamed her--Iodira! I thought that was cool

Sending payment now:)
hi!! sorry for the delayed response! I haven't been able to get on a computer to type until now :)

I REALLY love how it turned out! I think you have such an incredible style of writing and I enjoyed every word of it!
I especially LOVED how you described Tuhkat
You really brough Aiona to life :)
I genuinely seriously love this story sm! I'm really excited to read Onyksi's!
also-- I don't know if this was intentional or not, but her sister's name Iodra is really similar to what Aiona's name was before I renamed her--Iodira! I thought that was cool

Sending payment now:)
107bfb44c60c7129ba6aa5dbaf4d8420d8d99d1f.png
u p p i t i e s
u p p i t i e s
@Jemondial

Pff, it's fine, don't worry about late reponses. Apologies for my late response as well, aaah! Been a very busy weekend.
Agh, I'm so happy you like it, and that I was able to portray Tuhkat and Ainoa well! ^^
I read up on several dragons in your clan lore, and I'm going to try and encorporate at least a couple into Onyksi's lore, if that's okay. You have such a nice lore base, and it's really unique. I love clicking through a clan with extensive lore connections.

And ohh, cool! I actually looked through Ainoa's parent's kids and found an exalted dragon I'm not taking any risks with unhappy dragon owners breaking down my door about how I use their dragons in lore - and she turned out to be named Iodra, but that's so cool that the name Iodra was ALSO similar to the name Aiona had previously!

Thank you very much for the payment and the kind tip <3

I also had a couple questions about Onyksi's lore that I want to ask before I start writing (I've already written the prompt but there's a few additions I wanted to inquire about.)

I was thinking I would open up the scene with Onyski writing on the walls of her cell - maybe I'll have Tuhota tramp by, and maybe I could even mention something about scars on his arms (that Ainoa gave him) ~ and when he walks by Onyksi covers the symbols with her body and pretends like she's scribbling gibberish on another section of the wall; then Tuhota can toss a measly scrap of a meal in, maybe mutter something about insane prisoner skydancers and then tromp on his way, keys jingling.

Ainoa can come in later to clean the cell and then "accidentally" leave it open so Onyski can follow her (Onyski told her to in the symbols maybe?)

Here's where I come to a question - so is there some secret tunnel in the depths of the prison cells that I can write about? Perhaps Onyski can have a little bit of illusion magic that nobody but Ainoa knows about, and she used it to disguise a tunnel entrance in some obscure wall?

Also, another question - did you want them to just be really good friends, or develop a romantic relationship? I don't mind writing about either, just curious what you were going for.
@Jemondial

Pff, it's fine, don't worry about late reponses. Apologies for my late response as well, aaah! Been a very busy weekend.
Agh, I'm so happy you like it, and that I was able to portray Tuhkat and Ainoa well! ^^
I read up on several dragons in your clan lore, and I'm going to try and encorporate at least a couple into Onyksi's lore, if that's okay. You have such a nice lore base, and it's really unique. I love clicking through a clan with extensive lore connections.

And ohh, cool! I actually looked through Ainoa's parent's kids and found an exalted dragon I'm not taking any risks with unhappy dragon owners breaking down my door about how I use their dragons in lore - and she turned out to be named Iodra, but that's so cool that the name Iodra was ALSO similar to the name Aiona had previously!

Thank you very much for the payment and the kind tip <3

I also had a couple questions about Onyksi's lore that I want to ask before I start writing (I've already written the prompt but there's a few additions I wanted to inquire about.)

I was thinking I would open up the scene with Onyski writing on the walls of her cell - maybe I'll have Tuhota tramp by, and maybe I could even mention something about scars on his arms (that Ainoa gave him) ~ and when he walks by Onyksi covers the symbols with her body and pretends like she's scribbling gibberish on another section of the wall; then Tuhota can toss a measly scrap of a meal in, maybe mutter something about insane prisoner skydancers and then tromp on his way, keys jingling.

Ainoa can come in later to clean the cell and then "accidentally" leave it open so Onyski can follow her (Onyski told her to in the symbols maybe?)

Here's where I come to a question - so is there some secret tunnel in the depths of the prison cells that I can write about? Perhaps Onyski can have a little bit of illusion magic that nobody but Ainoa knows about, and she used it to disguise a tunnel entrance in some obscure wall?

Also, another question - did you want them to just be really good friends, or develop a romantic relationship? I don't mind writing about either, just curious what you were going for.
NfI3Xeq.pngmkYLRsj.png
[center][emoji=crescent moon 2 size=5]
NfI3Xeq.pngmkYLRsj.png
[center][emoji=crescent moon 2 size=5]
NfI3Xeq.pngmkYLRsj.png
@Dragonglimmer hiii so sorry I forgot to reply to this!! I really love the concepts you have come up with! I would love onyski to have some sort of magic powers because she is a lot more intelligent than she leads others to believe! I think a romantic relationship would be nice, you don't have to write a whole lot about that but more so hint or suggest it! [emoji=music notes size=1]
@Dragonglimmer

hiii so sorry I forgot to reply to this!!
I really love the concepts you have come up with! I would love onyski to have some sort of magic powers because she is a lot more intelligent than she leads others to believe!
I think a romantic relationship would be nice, you don't have to write a whole lot about that but more so hint or suggest it!
@Jemondial

Deepest apologies for the late reply. Seems to be a running trend here X,D
I was dealing with some family/emotional issues for a few days - then, I thought I responded to this, but apparently it didn't go through and I didn't realize that till now~

And ooh, okay. Cool, glad you like my ideas! :D I've been working on it over the past few days, here's a little preview of some I've got done:

"You're so beautiful, Ainoa," murmured Onyksi. The tundra ducked her head and shuffled her feet, embarassed. After a moment, she looked back up, her eyes glistening with the hints of tears. Swirls of nightmarish memories seemed to slam themselves rabidly against the bars that the tundra had locked around her heart. **probably gonna edit that line later** Onyski furrowed her brow in concern as Ainoa winced, raising a paw to the scars stretching over half of her face. She smoothed over the cloth covering her missing eye before lowering her paw with a sigh.

"Thank you, Onyski. Really. But... really, with these scars, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the ugliest things down in this prison."

"Ainoa-"

"Not just the scars on my face," interrupted the tundra. "The physical ones twist my features, yes. They make me look unnatural, unseemly." Onyksi clenched her teeth, willing herself not to interrupt, to let Ainoa finish. The other dragon didn't seem to notice Onyksi's frustration,which was both with and for Ainoa. She was staring off blankly at an empty spot a bit to the left of Onyski's shoulder, the muscles in her jaws working as she watched memories play inside of her mind. After a tense moment, Ainoa continued haltingly.

"Those scars on the outside... they're obvious. Everyone can see them. It's... it's a reminder. Just like... T-Tu-" Ainoa swallowed hard, her tail swishing across the dirt as Onyksi studied her face. After a moment, when it was obvious that Ainoa wasn't going to finish her sentence, the skydancer finished it for her.

"Just like Tuhkat said." Onyski spat out Tuhkat like it was a piece of rotten meat, the anger continuing to build inside her as she watched Ainoa flinch at the name. What he had done to her... the damage he had inflicted on this gentle, loving soul... it was unforgivable. He would pay. Someday, he would pay. Onyksi took a step closer to Ainoa, reaching out a hand to lift her chin. The tundra met her eyes, and Onyksi's heart nearly broke at the pain and sadness in her gaze. She brought her other hand up, cupping Ainoa's face, willing her to listen.

"Ainoa... I hurt for you. I do. And I am angry for you. What he did is terrible. He's a tyrant. Twisted. He has no mercy, no compassion. He's heartless. And whatever happened to him in his past, if anything happened at all, is no excuse for what he's done, what he's become. No excuse for the lives he's taken and destroyed. He's empty, soulless. So what does it matter what he tells you? Don't let him get inside your head."

"It's a bit too late for that," Aiona said, giving Onyksi a wobbly, tearstained smile.

"Lock him out. Don't listen to his poisonous voice, whispering suffocating lies."

Ainoa's eyes darkened with some unreadable emotion Onyksi couldn't identify. "He killed Iodra."

"And he deserves to boil for eternity inside of the Wyrmwound for that. For all of the innocent dragons he's killed, tortured, and made examples of. For what he did to you." Anger tinged Onyksi's voice, and she tried to shove it down, tried to be strong. I need to tell her what she needs to hear. She stepped in closer to Ainoa, close enough that Onyski could feel the vibrations as the tundra shivered uncontrollably. She hated herself for bringing this up, for causing more pain, but she had to.

Sorry for the wait, I'll try to get it done asap!
@Jemondial

Deepest apologies for the late reply. Seems to be a running trend here X,D
I was dealing with some family/emotional issues for a few days - then, I thought I responded to this, but apparently it didn't go through and I didn't realize that till now~

And ooh, okay. Cool, glad you like my ideas! :D I've been working on it over the past few days, here's a little preview of some I've got done:

"You're so beautiful, Ainoa," murmured Onyksi. The tundra ducked her head and shuffled her feet, embarassed. After a moment, she looked back up, her eyes glistening with the hints of tears. Swirls of nightmarish memories seemed to slam themselves rabidly against the bars that the tundra had locked around her heart. **probably gonna edit that line later** Onyski furrowed her brow in concern as Ainoa winced, raising a paw to the scars stretching over half of her face. She smoothed over the cloth covering her missing eye before lowering her paw with a sigh.

"Thank you, Onyski. Really. But... really, with these scars, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the ugliest things down in this prison."

"Ainoa-"

"Not just the scars on my face," interrupted the tundra. "The physical ones twist my features, yes. They make me look unnatural, unseemly." Onyksi clenched her teeth, willing herself not to interrupt, to let Ainoa finish. The other dragon didn't seem to notice Onyksi's frustration,which was both with and for Ainoa. She was staring off blankly at an empty spot a bit to the left of Onyski's shoulder, the muscles in her jaws working as she watched memories play inside of her mind. After a tense moment, Ainoa continued haltingly.

"Those scars on the outside... they're obvious. Everyone can see them. It's... it's a reminder. Just like... T-Tu-" Ainoa swallowed hard, her tail swishing across the dirt as Onyksi studied her face. After a moment, when it was obvious that Ainoa wasn't going to finish her sentence, the skydancer finished it for her.

"Just like Tuhkat said." Onyski spat out Tuhkat like it was a piece of rotten meat, the anger continuing to build inside her as she watched Ainoa flinch at the name. What he had done to her... the damage he had inflicted on this gentle, loving soul... it was unforgivable. He would pay. Someday, he would pay. Onyksi took a step closer to Ainoa, reaching out a hand to lift her chin. The tundra met her eyes, and Onyksi's heart nearly broke at the pain and sadness in her gaze. She brought her other hand up, cupping Ainoa's face, willing her to listen.

"Ainoa... I hurt for you. I do. And I am angry for you. What he did is terrible. He's a tyrant. Twisted. He has no mercy, no compassion. He's heartless. And whatever happened to him in his past, if anything happened at all, is no excuse for what he's done, what he's become. No excuse for the lives he's taken and destroyed. He's empty, soulless. So what does it matter what he tells you? Don't let him get inside your head."

"It's a bit too late for that," Aiona said, giving Onyksi a wobbly, tearstained smile.

"Lock him out. Don't listen to his poisonous voice, whispering suffocating lies."

Ainoa's eyes darkened with some unreadable emotion Onyksi couldn't identify. "He killed Iodra."

"And he deserves to boil for eternity inside of the Wyrmwound for that. For all of the innocent dragons he's killed, tortured, and made examples of. For what he did to you." Anger tinged Onyksi's voice, and she tried to shove it down, tried to be strong. I need to tell her what she needs to hear. She stepped in closer to Ainoa, close enough that Onyski could feel the vibrations as the tundra shivered uncontrollably. She hated herself for bringing this up, for causing more pain, but she had to.

Sorry for the wait, I'll try to get it done asap!
NfI3Xeq.pngmkYLRsj.png
@Dragonglimmer oooh this is gorgeous! again I really love your style of writing ;v; I'm really excited to read the rest of it!! ^-^ tysm again!! [emoji=tundra happy size=1][emoji=skydancer winking size=1]
@Dragonglimmer

oooh this is gorgeous! again I really love your style of writing ;v; I'm really excited to read the rest of it!! ^-^ tysm again!!
@Kaminome hello there! Thanks for ordering! Those are two very pretty dragons :o
Would you like the scene in a particular setting/them talking about a particular subject, or just anything?

@Jemondial

Cough ahem here's another preview, I know I said I'd be finished a couple days ago but something came up ;v; plus it's turning out longer than I thought, but if you like, you can pay for this snippet here!

I'll start working on the rest once you confirm it doesn't need any changes :>

Word count of preview given: 1,865

Payment: Around 250g

(if you like, you can also just wait for the full thing, just lmk. I can also give you the code if you like but keep in mind this isn't the full thing yet!)
Also let me know if you would like any changes in the current example!!

SCARS AND SHADOWS

A STORY OF ONYSKI

"There is no light for those who do not know darkness." -Takehiko Inoue

>> story written by dragonglimmer <<

The snowcovered mountains glittered gently in the sunlight, thousands of tiny ice crystals reflecting the brilliant light of the sun. She looked up at the behemoths, feeling so infinitely small, as a chill breeze blew through her feathers. Not a cloud marred the expanse of the sapphire sky, and a peaceful silence hung in the air. The pristine landscape was untouched, covered completely with rolling hills of snow, unbroken by trees or brush or rocks. Just... white. Cold, cold white.

A deeper chill skittered through her bones, a lingering dread strengthening as her gaze trailed across the perfection. Something was wrong. It was too good to be true. Nothing could be this unscarred, this pure. The snow seemed to shine even brighter, twinkling cheerfully, almost as if it was mocking her fear, her dread. She whirled desperately, searching for... what was she searching for? It all seemed to be slipping away, melting like the snow on the mountains, the hills. The sun pounded relentlessly on her back as the terror overwhelmed her. The cold would not leave her, yet the heat accosted her fur and her feathers, burning away ruthlessly at the small piece of sanity she had left. The snow dripped, dripped, dripped from the towering mountains above; like a nightmarish torrential downpour, the water cascaded down toward her. She tried to run, but her feet slogged through the water. It was hot now, rising in temperature by the second.

Cold. Hot. Fear. Need to get away, away... away!

The roar of the tsunami filled her ears as she struggled to flee. The water underneath her talons crept up her legs, leaving burning trails as it seeped across her scales. Her screams of pain were lost in the cacophony as the water of the mountains grew ever closer. Like a frenzied wave of boiling death, it came at her, faster and faster, rearing its monstrous head into the sky. The creeping claws pulled her down, under the raging waves, locking burning shackles around her limbs as she struggled frantically. She was losing air. Losing air, she couldn't breathe, it burned, it burned.

The gentle pattering of water droplets echoed in her ears as the wave hit her, pushed her further down, pinned her against the hard ground as she writhed. The pressure was too much, and as she was crushed beneath the boiling flood, she opened her mouth with an inaudible cry of sorrow. The liquid flooded her lungs, taking her remaining breath, burning her as everything faded to black, her pain agonizing. She could still hear the drip... drip... drip...

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Onyski flew awake with a terrified gasp.

Her heartbeat slowed as she realized where she was. In her cell. Where she had always been, it seemed, and where she always would be. There was no boiling wave of water baking her insides, no towering mountains, no rolling hills of snow.

The skydancer twisted her head, regarding the left corner of her little stone prison with slight annoyance. A small crack threaded through the ceiling, and from it dripped a steady supply of water droplets, pattering upon the stone floor incessantly.

Drip. Drip.

She sighed, dragging her palms wearily down her snout. She would probably never be free of that sound. It was most likely going to drive her insane eventually, or turn her into a rambling mess of a beast screeching about water and dripping and headaches and other forms of suffering. Onyksi huffed, shifting on her small pallet so that she was facing away from the corner, and closed her eyes. She was terribly tired, and had been for quite a while. Whenever she tried to get a decent amount of rest, the dreams would come, haunting and terrifying. She hadn't had a normal dream in ages, or a good night's rest in twice as long. So was the life of an imprisoned dragon inside of the Chainvine Enclave.

With a sudden outburst of jabbering, the dragon in the cell on her right started to slam something against the ground, babbling and making strange noises. Onkysi groaned, debating wearily whether to turn and face the stupid dripping or listen to the ear-shattering nonsense coming from her right. The walls were plenty thin, and she was usually able to hear everything around her. That was probably purposeful, ordered by Tuhkat or whoever had dug out the place, designed to never let a prisoner get a moment of peace and quiet. Onyksi half-believed the dripping water in her cell had been placed there on purpose, just to make her go bonkers after hours and hours of listening to it.

The gibberish increased in volume, and the racket increased as the prisoner across from her - a dark, broody pearlcatcher - yelled at the prisoner as he went on and on. And on.

"Shut UP, would you! Some of us are trying to sleep here, you toad-faced slugbrain!"

Onyski sighed again, turned her head fully into her talons, and prepared herself to suffer.

Another prisoner, two cells away from the pearlcatcher and barely visible to Onyski, coughed loudly, groaned, snored, and rolled over with a thump, the impact shaking little motes of dust from the tightly packed earthen ceiling of Onyksi's cell. She sneezed, her wings vibrating as she attempted to shake away the remainder of the dirt that had settled upon her feathers. It was useless.

The pearlcatcher groaned loudly, throwing her talons dramatically in the air as she leaned her head back. "WHY, oh WHY must I deal with your INSUFFERABLE SNORING?!" She yelled at the ceiling. Onyski rolled her eyes, returning her snout to her paws as she laid her head on the floor. Just don't say anything. Be quiet. Ignore it. You'd be an ornery, irritating idiot too if you got stuck here for as long as she's been.

"SHUUUUUUT! UPPPPP!" Roared the pearlcatcher. Onyski couldn't even tell who she was talking to, the gibbering dragon or the snoring dragon (who still hadn't woken up.)

"REEennakkakkaka," exclaimed the gibberer.

The dragon two cells down snored even louder.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I'm going to go insane, thought Onyski resignedly.

>>>some time later<<<

Onyski jerked awake to the sound of keys jingling at her cell door, the tinkling of metal like the peal of a warning bell echoing in the silence. She had been dreaming again - of what she couldn't remember, for the details were quickly fleeing her consciousness - but she was fairly certain it had been yet another nightmare. She brushed it aside like troublesome cobwebs clogging her mind as she squinted in the dark, attempting to make out the front bars of her cell. It took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the dim lighting, but after a few moments, the small shadow of a dragon manifested, a ring of keys dangling from its claws.

She cautiously peered closer, attempting to make out the facial features of the dragon, but the light behind it cast its head into deep shadow. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Onyski rose from her little corner. The ever-present dripping of water droplets emanated from behind her as she took a quiet step toward the cell bars, careful to unbend her limbs slowly so she wouldn't cause any loud joint cracking.

As she paced slowly closer, the shape moved, shadows shifting and dancing across its body. The keys dangling from its clawtips clacked together again, and the sound caused both the shape and Onyski to freeze. The silence hung in the air, thick and almost potent. After a moment, the mystery dragon moved again, and Onyski craned her head, squinting to make sure...

The female tundra smiled weakly at Onyski, the dim light from the glowshrooms on the ceiling and walls revealing the sweet face that Onyski knew so well. Relief flowed through her as she smiled back at Ainoa. She hadn't seen her in over three days, and had started to worry if anything had happened to her - but she was here, and she was alright, and that was all that mattered. Onyski had the sudden impulse to run to the bars and grab Ainoa's hands with her own, but she knew she couldn't. At least, not now. It would be too dangerous. They had a procedure, and they had to follow it. Patience, Ainoa's remaining eye seemed to murmur. The cloth that wound around the left side of her face rippled slightly as she tilted her head, nodding slightly at Onyski's little pallet.

With an inaudible sigh, Onyski looked one last time at the tundra's kind face before she turned and trudged back to the corner. She lay down, settling her wings to tent over her head, creating the appearance that she was yet again asleep. Ainoa raised the keyring to the cell lock, selected the correct key, and inserted it. She pulled the door open, the quiet creak of the hinges barely audible. Reaching behind her, she pulled in a small cart of supplies, along with a little lantern. After another moment, she walked into where Onyski spent the vast majority of her time, quiet footsteps barely making a sound on the stone floor.

The lantern served to cast a warm light over Ainoa and the rest of the cell. Ainoa's figure had been blocking it before, but she wasn't in front of it any longer, and Onyski was able to fully take her in. The tundra looked tired. Ragged. Her wings drooped farther down her sides than they usually did, and a thin layer of dust coated the thick fur by her feet. The silky hair there was knotted and tangled, as well as the tuft on the end of her tail, which dragged on the cave floor as she walked further into the space. The light glimmered over the whitish scars down the side of her neck and snout as Onyski's gaze was pulled back to Ainoa's face. Little flickers of rage started to stir in her gut. They always did, whenever she saw those scars. But she forced the flickers down sternly, suffocating them before they could be stoked into a bonfire that she would be unable to stop.

This is not the time for anger, she thought softly to herself as she watched Ainoa's back. The tundra had started to clean the floor, turning away so that her face wasn't visible. The collection of cleaning tools behind her rattled as she pulled it along, and the dragon two cells down snorted as the contraption bumped over a particularly large lump in the stone, eliciting a rattling noise from the poorly constructed handcart.

To any other dragon, guard or otherwise, it would appear as if Ainoa was simply doing her job. She was the cell cleaner, after all. She visited regularly, usually every couple of days, and went one by one down the rows and rows of prisoners. Most of them had grown used to her by now, and they usually ignored her whenever she appeared with her ring of keys and clacking cart of cleaning supplies. How foolish they were, to casually flick aside such a shimmering, bright hope in the depths of darkness.

--to be continued soon!

@Kaminome hello there! Thanks for ordering! Those are two very pretty dragons :o
Would you like the scene in a particular setting/them talking about a particular subject, or just anything?

@Jemondial

Cough ahem here's another preview, I know I said I'd be finished a couple days ago but something came up ;v; plus it's turning out longer than I thought, but if you like, you can pay for this snippet here!

I'll start working on the rest once you confirm it doesn't need any changes :>

Word count of preview given: 1,865

Payment: Around 250g

(if you like, you can also just wait for the full thing, just lmk. I can also give you the code if you like but keep in mind this isn't the full thing yet!)
Also let me know if you would like any changes in the current example!!

SCARS AND SHADOWS

A STORY OF ONYSKI

"There is no light for those who do not know darkness." -Takehiko Inoue

>> story written by dragonglimmer <<

The snowcovered mountains glittered gently in the sunlight, thousands of tiny ice crystals reflecting the brilliant light of the sun. She looked up at the behemoths, feeling so infinitely small, as a chill breeze blew through her feathers. Not a cloud marred the expanse of the sapphire sky, and a peaceful silence hung in the air. The pristine landscape was untouched, covered completely with rolling hills of snow, unbroken by trees or brush or rocks. Just... white. Cold, cold white.

A deeper chill skittered through her bones, a lingering dread strengthening as her gaze trailed across the perfection. Something was wrong. It was too good to be true. Nothing could be this unscarred, this pure. The snow seemed to shine even brighter, twinkling cheerfully, almost as if it was mocking her fear, her dread. She whirled desperately, searching for... what was she searching for? It all seemed to be slipping away, melting like the snow on the mountains, the hills. The sun pounded relentlessly on her back as the terror overwhelmed her. The cold would not leave her, yet the heat accosted her fur and her feathers, burning away ruthlessly at the small piece of sanity she had left. The snow dripped, dripped, dripped from the towering mountains above; like a nightmarish torrential downpour, the water cascaded down toward her. She tried to run, but her feet slogged through the water. It was hot now, rising in temperature by the second.

Cold. Hot. Fear. Need to get away, away... away!

The roar of the tsunami filled her ears as she struggled to flee. The water underneath her talons crept up her legs, leaving burning trails as it seeped across her scales. Her screams of pain were lost in the cacophony as the water of the mountains grew ever closer. Like a frenzied wave of boiling death, it came at her, faster and faster, rearing its monstrous head into the sky. The creeping claws pulled her down, under the raging waves, locking burning shackles around her limbs as she struggled frantically. She was losing air. Losing air, she couldn't breathe, it burned, it burned.

The gentle pattering of water droplets echoed in her ears as the wave hit her, pushed her further down, pinned her against the hard ground as she writhed. The pressure was too much, and as she was crushed beneath the boiling flood, she opened her mouth with an inaudible cry of sorrow. The liquid flooded her lungs, taking her remaining breath, burning her as everything faded to black, her pain agonizing. She could still hear the drip... drip... drip...

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Onyski flew awake with a terrified gasp.

Her heartbeat slowed as she realized where she was. In her cell. Where she had always been, it seemed, and where she always would be. There was no boiling wave of water baking her insides, no towering mountains, no rolling hills of snow.

The skydancer twisted her head, regarding the left corner of her little stone prison with slight annoyance. A small crack threaded through the ceiling, and from it dripped a steady supply of water droplets, pattering upon the stone floor incessantly.

Drip. Drip.

She sighed, dragging her palms wearily down her snout. She would probably never be free of that sound. It was most likely going to drive her insane eventually, or turn her into a rambling mess of a beast screeching about water and dripping and headaches and other forms of suffering. Onyksi huffed, shifting on her small pallet so that she was facing away from the corner, and closed her eyes. She was terribly tired, and had been for quite a while. Whenever she tried to get a decent amount of rest, the dreams would come, haunting and terrifying. She hadn't had a normal dream in ages, or a good night's rest in twice as long. So was the life of an imprisoned dragon inside of the Chainvine Enclave.

With a sudden outburst of jabbering, the dragon in the cell on her right started to slam something against the ground, babbling and making strange noises. Onkysi groaned, debating wearily whether to turn and face the stupid dripping or listen to the ear-shattering nonsense coming from her right. The walls were plenty thin, and she was usually able to hear everything around her. That was probably purposeful, ordered by Tuhkat or whoever had dug out the place, designed to never let a prisoner get a moment of peace and quiet. Onyksi half-believed the dripping water in her cell had been placed there on purpose, just to make her go bonkers after hours and hours of listening to it.

The gibberish increased in volume, and the racket increased as the prisoner across from her - a dark, broody pearlcatcher - yelled at the prisoner as he went on and on. And on.

"Shut UP, would you! Some of us are trying to sleep here, you toad-faced slugbrain!"

Onyski sighed again, turned her head fully into her talons, and prepared herself to suffer.

Another prisoner, two cells away from the pearlcatcher and barely visible to Onyski, coughed loudly, groaned, snored, and rolled over with a thump, the impact shaking little motes of dust from the tightly packed earthen ceiling of Onyksi's cell. She sneezed, her wings vibrating as she attempted to shake away the remainder of the dirt that had settled upon her feathers. It was useless.

The pearlcatcher groaned loudly, throwing her talons dramatically in the air as she leaned her head back. "WHY, oh WHY must I deal with your INSUFFERABLE SNORING?!" She yelled at the ceiling. Onyski rolled her eyes, returning her snout to her paws as she laid her head on the floor. Just don't say anything. Be quiet. Ignore it. You'd be an ornery, irritating idiot too if you got stuck here for as long as she's been.

"SHUUUUUUT! UPPPPP!" Roared the pearlcatcher. Onyski couldn't even tell who she was talking to, the gibbering dragon or the snoring dragon (who still hadn't woken up.)

"REEennakkakkaka," exclaimed the gibberer.

The dragon two cells down snored even louder.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I'm going to go insane, thought Onyski resignedly.

>>>some time later<<<

Onyski jerked awake to the sound of keys jingling at her cell door, the tinkling of metal like the peal of a warning bell echoing in the silence. She had been dreaming again - of what she couldn't remember, for the details were quickly fleeing her consciousness - but she was fairly certain it had been yet another nightmare. She brushed it aside like troublesome cobwebs clogging her mind as she squinted in the dark, attempting to make out the front bars of her cell. It took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the dim lighting, but after a few moments, the small shadow of a dragon manifested, a ring of keys dangling from its claws.

She cautiously peered closer, attempting to make out the facial features of the dragon, but the light behind it cast its head into deep shadow. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Onyski rose from her little corner. The ever-present dripping of water droplets emanated from behind her as she took a quiet step toward the cell bars, careful to unbend her limbs slowly so she wouldn't cause any loud joint cracking.

As she paced slowly closer, the shape moved, shadows shifting and dancing across its body. The keys dangling from its clawtips clacked together again, and the sound caused both the shape and Onyski to freeze. The silence hung in the air, thick and almost potent. After a moment, the mystery dragon moved again, and Onyski craned her head, squinting to make sure...

The female tundra smiled weakly at Onyski, the dim light from the glowshrooms on the ceiling and walls revealing the sweet face that Onyski knew so well. Relief flowed through her as she smiled back at Ainoa. She hadn't seen her in over three days, and had started to worry if anything had happened to her - but she was here, and she was alright, and that was all that mattered. Onyski had the sudden impulse to run to the bars and grab Ainoa's hands with her own, but she knew she couldn't. At least, not now. It would be too dangerous. They had a procedure, and they had to follow it. Patience, Ainoa's remaining eye seemed to murmur. The cloth that wound around the left side of her face rippled slightly as she tilted her head, nodding slightly at Onyski's little pallet.

With an inaudible sigh, Onyski looked one last time at the tundra's kind face before she turned and trudged back to the corner. She lay down, settling her wings to tent over her head, creating the appearance that she was yet again asleep. Ainoa raised the keyring to the cell lock, selected the correct key, and inserted it. She pulled the door open, the quiet creak of the hinges barely audible. Reaching behind her, she pulled in a small cart of supplies, along with a little lantern. After another moment, she walked into where Onyski spent the vast majority of her time, quiet footsteps barely making a sound on the stone floor.

The lantern served to cast a warm light over Ainoa and the rest of the cell. Ainoa's figure had been blocking it before, but she wasn't in front of it any longer, and Onyski was able to fully take her in. The tundra looked tired. Ragged. Her wings drooped farther down her sides than they usually did, and a thin layer of dust coated the thick fur by her feet. The silky hair there was knotted and tangled, as well as the tuft on the end of her tail, which dragged on the cave floor as she walked further into the space. The light glimmered over the whitish scars down the side of her neck and snout as Onyski's gaze was pulled back to Ainoa's face. Little flickers of rage started to stir in her gut. They always did, whenever she saw those scars. But she forced the flickers down sternly, suffocating them before they could be stoked into a bonfire that she would be unable to stop.

This is not the time for anger, she thought softly to herself as she watched Ainoa's back. The tundra had started to clean the floor, turning away so that her face wasn't visible. The collection of cleaning tools behind her rattled as she pulled it along, and the dragon two cells down snorted as the contraption bumped over a particularly large lump in the stone, eliciting a rattling noise from the poorly constructed handcart.

To any other dragon, guard or otherwise, it would appear as if Ainoa was simply doing her job. She was the cell cleaner, after all. She visited regularly, usually every couple of days, and went one by one down the rows and rows of prisoners. Most of them had grown used to her by now, and they usually ignored her whenever she appeared with her ring of keys and clacking cart of cleaning supplies. How foolish they were, to casually flick aside such a shimmering, bright hope in the depths of darkness.

--to be continued soon!

NfI3Xeq.pngmkYLRsj.png
@Dragonglimmer
Not really, as long as it's wholesome/sweet I'll be good <3 (Btw thank you!!)

Also, should I send the gems now?
@Dragonglimmer
Not really, as long as it's wholesome/sweet I'll be good <3 (Btw thank you!!)

Also, should I send the gems now?
Lights!Kamera!Action!
the skeletons in my closet are having a party w/o me

FR+15 | Any Prns | ENG/ZH-TW
- Art Shop
- Adopts/Customs
- TH Purge
[img]reworkin banner have this text for now[/img]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13