Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [WAIT][L&A] The Writ of Writing Shoppe
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@nabal - I have you moved to the List, thank you!!

@Kalistys - I have one of your dragons moved to the List and the other on the Wait List.

I'm entering my work week (and should already be in bed, heh), so it may take me upwards of a week to get to your requests depending on how tired I am after the workdays and the progress I make on the requests before you.

If this is alright then no need to do anything. I will make a request for payment when I'm finished and update you via Ping on this thread! :D

Thank you so much~!
@nabal - I have you moved to the List, thank you!!

@Kalistys - I have one of your dragons moved to the List and the other on the Wait List.

I'm entering my work week (and should already be in bed, heh), so it may take me upwards of a week to get to your requests depending on how tired I am after the workdays and the progress I make on the requests before you.

If this is alright then no need to do anything. I will make a request for payment when I'm finished and update you via Ping on this thread! :D

Thank you so much~!
OABZqDF.png D1ao30e.png MoL: Hatchery
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
@nabal Thank you so much for your patience! I hope that this will suit your running theme, and it was rather fun to work on (when I finally had the time). Please send your payment. :) [quote=Mushroom Madness] "Do you think we can eat it?" "No, I don't. You think everything is edible." "And you think nothing is edible!" And thus began the bickering, as it often began. Clear conversation faded away into the chiming peals of escalated Pixie speech as the siblings all set about attempting to decide who was right through a series of insults, backhanded compliments, truths, half-truths and so on. If he left them to it then it would be a decade before anything was accomplished. In truth, that was practically nothing for Fae Folk like them, but he had other things he wanted to do. With a sigh, he leaned down to examine the oddly glowing fungi. Unlike other bioluminescent plants within the depths of the Tangled Wood this one held a slightly different color. It was not gigantic, but it was nearly the length of his forearm, which was something to speak of. The fungi grew in a little cluster colony and if examined at precisely the right angle it resembled the crude castles and towers younger children often delighted in crafting for the sheer purpose of destroying. The varying scales along the bulb certainly did not look appealing with a slightly more... viscous quality than the usual edible [i]bisporus[/i]. His nose wrinkled in distaste. Reaching out as his siblings continued to bicker away he poked one of the surprisingly taught caps with a claw. It did not bounce or spring and did very little swaying from the first touch so he poked it again. That was the mistake. With a sudden quickness that surprised Obliti the shroom leaped out of the soil. Trap triggered, the mycelium of the odd... thing... skittered quickly up his limb even as he flailed in an attempt to dislodge it from his limb. It clambered up to his shoulder and try as he might to push at the invading thing it managed to sprout as quickly as he brushed pieces away. The chunks that did fall to the ground withered quickly or scattered into the forest in various directions. Silence might have reigned if not for his distressed grunts and snorts and the various "ooohs" and "ahhhs" of his siblings as the mushroom took root in his shoulder. He could feel the fungal roots growing deep into muscle and bone before a new colony began to assert itself upon his form. He dropped, sick to his stomach, and relinquished his most recent meal as a cold sweat overtook him before consciousness fleed. When he did finally awake, he was momentarily unable to find his siblings. When he did finally locat one of them it was because they emerged from the largest of the mushrooms that was sprouting from his shoulder, to his dismay. It seemed that once the [i]things[/i] found a suitable host they were little more trouble than that. Over the next few days they all discovered that Obliti needed to eat more to make up for the extra energy the [i]biporus[/i] extracted from his body, but as he could not find a way to remove the mycelium -- and also that his siblings had managed to hollow one out into a suitable place for napping and hiding tiny treasures -- he resigned himself to the new addition of their "family" with the pragmatism of the long-lived. He did, at least, decide he would not be poking any other strange plants or creatures unless it was with his sword. [/quote]
@nabal

Thank you so much for your patience! I hope that this will suit your running theme, and it was rather fun to work on (when I finally had the time).

Please send your payment. :)

Mushroom Madness wrote:
"Do you think we can eat it?"

"No, I don't. You think everything is edible."

"And you think nothing is edible!"

And thus began the bickering, as it often began. Clear conversation faded away into the chiming peals of escalated Pixie speech as the siblings all set about attempting to decide who was right through a series of insults, backhanded compliments, truths, half-truths and so on. If he left them to it then it would be a decade before anything was accomplished. In truth, that was practically nothing for Fae Folk like them, but he had other things he wanted to do.

With a sigh, he leaned down to examine the oddly glowing fungi. Unlike other bioluminescent plants within the depths of the Tangled Wood this one held a slightly different color. It was not gigantic, but it was nearly the length of his forearm, which was something to speak of. The fungi grew in a little cluster colony and if examined at precisely the right angle it resembled the crude castles and towers younger children often delighted in crafting for the sheer purpose of destroying. The varying scales along the bulb certainly did not look appealing with a slightly more... viscous quality than the usual edible bisporus. His nose wrinkled in distaste.

Reaching out as his siblings continued to bicker away he poked one of the surprisingly taught caps with a claw. It did not bounce or spring and did very little swaying from the first touch so he poked it again.

That was the mistake.

With a sudden quickness that surprised Obliti the shroom leaped out of the soil. Trap triggered, the mycelium of the odd... thing... skittered quickly up his limb even as he flailed in an attempt to dislodge it from his limb. It clambered up to his shoulder and try as he might to push at the invading thing it managed to sprout as quickly as he brushed pieces away. The chunks that did fall to the ground withered quickly or scattered into the forest in various directions.

Silence might have reigned if not for his distressed grunts and snorts and the various "ooohs" and "ahhhs" of his siblings as the mushroom took root in his shoulder. He could feel the fungal roots growing deep into muscle and bone before a new colony began to assert itself upon his form. He dropped, sick to his stomach, and relinquished his most recent meal as a cold sweat overtook him before consciousness fleed.

When he did finally awake, he was momentarily unable to find his siblings. When he did finally locat one of them it was because they emerged from the largest of the mushrooms that was sprouting from his shoulder, to his dismay. It seemed that once the things found a suitable host they were little more trouble than that. Over the next few days they all discovered that Obliti needed to eat more to make up for the extra energy the biporus extracted from his body, but as he could not find a way to remove the mycelium -- and also that his siblings had managed to hollow one out into a suitable place for napping and hiding tiny treasures -- he resigned himself to the new addition of their "family" with the pragmatism of the long-lived.

He did, at least, decide he would not be poking any other strange plants or creatures unless it was with his sword.
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
@GalaxySketcher

Tomorrow I'll be ready to start on the Lore you requested. You seem to have a pretty good concept of the character already, so I'd like to ask if there was a particular ending you had already envisioned? Also, could you please tell me one or two dragons in particular that he'd interact with toward his "summary" story? It would save me a LOT of time. Finally, are you wanting the story to end with any romantic qualities (if so, with whom)?
@GalaxySketcher

Tomorrow I'll be ready to start on the Lore you requested. You seem to have a pretty good concept of the character already, so I'd like to ask if there was a particular ending you had already envisioned? Also, could you please tell me one or two dragons in particular that he'd interact with toward his "summary" story? It would save me a LOT of time. Finally, are you wanting the story to end with any romantic qualities (if so, with whom)?
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
@wystaria
Hello! If you have havent started yet, would it be possible to turn it into a solo quest? I’m really sorry to 180 this as it’s not what I had requested originally and I understand that could bring difficulties. As for the ending I can’t say I have any ending in mind other than perhaps being able to obtain some sort of reversal and settling in/cleaning up his office? I don’t think any romantic events need to happen as I haven’t settled on anyone yet for him, but maybe some remorse for his actions could do well? He also has an older brother who’s a little shorter than he is and they are pretty close, so maybe some sort of small reunion? His brother is a paladin, if that helps too (think of more of a white-knight, lawful good)

I hope this enough content, as far as any adventures or struggles and such I give you the world to do whatever you choose- and I hope this is enough content? If you’re struggling we could talk about it too, I understand this is a longer piece and don’t want to trouble you.
@wystaria
Hello! If you have havent started yet, would it be possible to turn it into a solo quest? I’m really sorry to 180 this as it’s not what I had requested originally and I understand that could bring difficulties. As for the ending I can’t say I have any ending in mind other than perhaps being able to obtain some sort of reversal and settling in/cleaning up his office? I don’t think any romantic events need to happen as I haven’t settled on anyone yet for him, but maybe some remorse for his actions could do well? He also has an older brother who’s a little shorter than he is and they are pretty close, so maybe some sort of small reunion? His brother is a paladin, if that helps too (think of more of a white-knight, lawful good)

I hope this enough content, as far as any adventures or struggles and such I give you the world to do whatever you choose- and I hope this is enough content? If you’re struggling we could talk about it too, I understand this is a longer piece and don’t want to trouble you.
@GalaxySketcher Your lore is completed! I hope that it suits your tastes and that you enjoy it. If you want/need something changed, please let me know! [rule] [quote=Viktor: Time For Everything] The thing with some spells and chemicals is that, eventually, they can wear off. Time, after all, is the ultimate cure for nearly anything. A single drop alone could not alter a continent, but if enough droplets were to band together - then apply time - an ocean could utterly swallow an island or irrevocably alter the appearance of an even larger land mass. Time could mend grudges, cure wounds, ease burdens, alleviate fears. Yes, time was by far the most powerful force to be found. Viktor stumbled out of the draconian tavern, his claws scrabbling beneath his form for purchase as his head reeled and his fuzzy eyes tried to make out where he was going. Had he his senses he might have thought about needing to cut back on the drinking a little since his tail and wings were things he had never quite gotten used to. No - sadly - rather than helping him to keep his balance and provide some staying power to his current challenge of remaining vertical, they were a hindrance. His wings flapped about, twitching and stretching and folding in a horribly odd manner while his tail did a strange sort of loop-and-whip that sometimes skimmed the ground. Other dragons watching were likely keen to think him far, far more intoxicated than the normal standards for drunkenness, but what they did not know was that Viktor was not actually a dragon. At least, he hadn't started out as one and he really did not have any intentions of staying as one. It was only that time had gotten a little fuzzy on him as he had struggled to learn how to move and eat and talk with a very peculiar new shape. After he had managed at least a little of that he had tried to start correcting his "dragon problem" as it were. Thus far he had not been successful and when his birthday had rolled around for the... fifth? Yes, fifth time. He had been so miserable at his lack of progress that he had decided a drink was in order. The evening had started out well, actually. He was charming in his way and keeping his sourness at bay had allowed him to strike friendly with a group of travelers. The addition of a Bard to the Tavern had been incredibly welcome and while Viktor hadn't known any of the lyrics he hadn't cared after enough rounds of drunks. Yes, by that point they had all been hanging or leaning against one another and bellowing out in joyful, drunken chorus the senseless babbling of the intoxicated. That had lasted until the Bard had gotten hungry and thirsty and had taken a break, retiring for the night. Laughing, Viktor had stumbled his way into getting the group a new round of drinks, but by the time he had returned the group had been breaking up. Some had wandered off, but a few had passed out against the worn, wooden tables as if the filthy surface had been the most luxurious of beds. He couldn't really fault them that. His spirits had waned and Viktor found he no longer wanted to drink if he had to do it alone. He somehow had the capacity to dump out some treasure on the table from what he'd earned working as a physician, but his head swam fiercely as he made his way for the door. First, he found one that mocked him by refusing to open. It felt rather like a wall actually, and when he finally kiltered toward the right his claws had found open air to beckon him forward. As he tottered his way in a direction he assumed was home - relatively speaking of course - the cold night air brushed against his scales. He was numbed and warmed by his activities, his mind blissfully free of his worries and the memories and desires that normally haunted him. He was most concerned with locating his bed, so even when it started to drizzle, droplets of rain blotting out the overhead sky, he didn't mind too terribly. If anything, he had a mental image that his dampened frills and clothing would likely make him all the more dashing and persuasive to any passerbys. Somehow, at some point, he managed to find the bed he had been offered years ago, falling blissfully into the soft piles still fully clothed before he closed his eyes and snuggled in for a rest. When morning came, Viktor groaned and pressed his snout into the blankets. His constitution might have been improved as a two-legged carnivore, but when he drank dragon-sized mugs of liquors then of course he was still going to be afflicted by the afflictions that came with too much imbibing. He roused himself slowly and fumbled his way toward the water bowl to pour himself a drink, his vision still a little blurry. No amount of blinking proved to be of any use, so he found a stool and lowered onto it while studying his work station. The stone table had been polished smooth and its surface was stacked neatly with a number of jars and urns and vials that all had labels announcing their contents. In his haze he quite missed the small gift wrapped in large, colorful leaves on the edge of the table. Instead, he found some bark to crush up that had pain-relieving qualities. He smeared the bitter, acrid powder along his gums, drank a little more water and then pushed himself to his feet. Despite aching all over and wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep, he was a physician and he had patients to check on. On his way out the door he muttered, "Happy birthday, indeed." While the day wore on in sunshine and bird song and the chipper spirits of those around him, Viktor felt himself sinking deeper and deeper into misery. Rather than lessen his headache grew with every heartbeat until the pounding and throbbing in his ears had his eyes squinted nearly shut. His body aches turned into random, intense pains that made him twitched and stretch and gain a general irritability despite his best efforts to put on his normal charming routine. He hide had started to itch here and there at some point, but the worst was the back and forth between the sweats and the chills, to the point that he started feeling a little breathless and arrhythmic. Finally, a little after mid-day, he had enough. Returning to his chambers, Viktor attempted to lie down, but found he was too miserable to truly take advantage of his bed. It certainly was not restful with the constant hum of chatter and activity outside. At moments he would have sworn that he could hear the rocks deep below churning and grating. Panting, he roused himself, and that was when he noticed the bundle of leaves. Despite his misery he pocketed the item and felt a bit of smug satisfaction that someone clearly couldn't resist expressing their affections toward him. He would open it later. With that, he stumbled his way clear of the room, the territory, and into the woodlands in search of something that might bring him relief -- or at least a quiet enough location that he might be able to rest. The idea of a soak in a hot spring was marvelous and he knew just the place. The trek was a long one, but when Viktor had an idea he pursued it doggedly. Even when he shouldn't. With his awkward gait and movements it always took a little more energy for things than it should have. With his condition worsening by the minute it was only to be expected that one moment he was following a fairly familiar trail, but in the next moment he was slipping. His claws attempted to dig in for purchase, but all they discovered was slippery mud and lichen that offered nothing to grip whatsoever. He careened sideways with a hard lurch that twisted something rather painfully, and then down he went. He crashed down the steep side of the ravine with all the grace of an awkwardly shaped boulder. Wings and tail went flying and whipping around as he tried to latch onto something, anything. Yet his senses were knocked clean out of him as he bashed into a half-rotted log that was stubbornly clinging to its spot in the wilderness and he went limp as he slid and skidded the rest of the way down. Graciously, the final drop was only a few meters and covered mostly in foliage and mud. His unexpected trip at an end, Viktor tried to get up, but his world exploded with odd colors and sensations. Weakened, overwhelmed, the Not-Dragon succumbed to unconsciousness. "Fella... ... Oy... ... Ya think he's a'ight?" Words fell into Viktor's ears in a muffled fashion, fading in and out as if his head were being dunked under water and then drawn upward once more. Consciousness flickered in and out and his entire body was wracked from head to toe in soreness. Something poked him in the side and he realized it was that annoyance that had woken him rather than the calling out. He turned his head to see a pair of figures bent over to study him, their faces concerned. "Ya live after all, eh? Sorry luck for us, but suppose that's the gods favorin' ya then, fella. Did ya take a tumble down the hill?" "Yeah," Viktor croaked out. He reached for his face to scrub some of the mud off. At first, it did not register. It took him a minute of brushing mud and debris from his person before the gradual epiphany settled over him. Hands. Not claws, but fingers. Feet. Not claws, but toes. Concentrating, he tried to feel his wings. Nothing. Tail? Nope. At least not the one in the back. Gingerly, and with help from the man that had poked him with a traveling staff, he clambered to his feet. The clothes he had worn as a dragon draped heavily around his body and offered modesty, but he was certainly receiving some dubious looks. He didn't bother to explain a thing. Joy was too busy spreading through his limbs. "Ya really shouldn't get into the pints that much if this is where ya end up, fella." "Yes, yes. As you say. Tell me, though--" It took much coaxing and finagling to get information out of the pair of travelers, but coins had still lined the pockets of his coat and Viktor, overjoyed, was quite free with them. Within a few days he had been guided to the closest town, exchanged his odd pieces for normal garb and sent a letter to one of the Holy Guilds so that word might reach the one person he felt sure would have never given up looking for him. A simple enough letter instructing the recipient to find him at Home. Home, of course, felt odd after he arrived. There were a number of questions about where he had been and what he'd been doing; more still about why he would bother coming back to such a small town, if he intended to stay, was he still a physician, and if so would he be able to come look at-- Viktor had never been happier. It took some time to get his place in order. It had been abandoned after his disappearance. The townsfolk with their fierce superstitions had been too afraid to go near the place after he had up and vanished, the place left a bit of a wreck in his haste to escape and depart without people seeing him in his altered condition. It was while he was working on fixing his laboratory that his brother arrived, fresh from an adventure of his own. The two spent weeks catching up, working on the house, making plans. They shared many late nights over drinks and more than a few days through the town and surrounding dwellings and communities (though much of it was at his brother's insistence, as was the wont of the righteous). When his brother did finally depart, declaring that the wickedness of the world needed his attention now that all was right with Viktor once again, the Ex-Non-Dragon settled down at his desk in his workspace and smiled. It was good to be home, even if a faint part of him regretted that he wasn't able to say goodbye to those that had shown him kindness in his years with them. Very briefly he mused on how perhaps he had matured a little as a person. The thought was fleeting, though, as ideas of how much more attention would be due to him with his new maturity and appealing nature. For the moment, though, work called and he rose to begin his research and preparations. A glint of color slightly out of place caught his eye and Viktor remembered the present that he had pocketed on his birthday. He took it from the shelf and placed it on the table, examining the once vibrant foliage; someone had taken a lot of care to wrap the contents, though the lumpy shape made it hard to guess the contents. With a shrug, he tore open the gift wrapping. Then, he laughed. Nestled within the leaves was a copy of the very tome that had held the potion that had started the entire debacle of an adventure. A smile on his face Viktor placed the tome on the shelf with care. Then, he snagged his coat and headed to work. After all, it was only one adventure of many and he was not done yet. --The End [/quote]
@GalaxySketcher

Your lore is completed! I hope that it suits your tastes and that you enjoy it. If you want/need something changed, please let me know!

Viktor: Time For Everything wrote:
The thing with some spells and chemicals is that, eventually, they can wear off. Time, after all, is the ultimate cure for nearly anything. A single drop alone could not alter a continent, but if enough droplets were to band together - then apply time - an ocean could utterly swallow an island or irrevocably alter the appearance of an even larger land mass. Time could mend grudges, cure wounds, ease burdens, alleviate fears. Yes, time was by far the most powerful force to be found.

Viktor stumbled out of the draconian tavern, his claws scrabbling beneath his form for purchase as his head reeled and his fuzzy eyes tried to make out where he was going. Had he his senses he might have thought about needing to cut back on the drinking a little since his tail and wings were things he had never quite gotten used to. No - sadly - rather than helping him to keep his balance and provide some staying power to his current challenge of remaining vertical, they were a hindrance. His wings flapped about, twitching and stretching and folding in a horribly odd manner while his tail did a strange sort of loop-and-whip that sometimes skimmed the ground.

Other dragons watching were likely keen to think him far, far more intoxicated than the normal standards for drunkenness, but what they did not know was that Viktor was not actually a dragon. At least, he hadn't started out as one and he really did not have any intentions of staying as one. It was only that time had gotten a little fuzzy on him as he had struggled to learn how to move and eat and talk with a very peculiar new shape. After he had managed at least a little of that he had tried to start correcting his "dragon problem" as it were. Thus far he had not been successful and when his birthday had rolled around for the... fifth? Yes, fifth time. He had been so miserable at his lack of progress that he had decided a drink was in order.

The evening had started out well, actually. He was charming in his way and keeping his sourness at bay had allowed him to strike friendly with a group of travelers. The addition of a Bard to the Tavern had been incredibly welcome and while Viktor hadn't known any of the lyrics he hadn't cared after enough rounds of drunks. Yes, by that point they had all been hanging or leaning against one another and bellowing out in joyful, drunken chorus the senseless babbling of the intoxicated. That had lasted until the Bard had gotten hungry and thirsty and had taken a break, retiring for the night. Laughing, Viktor had stumbled his way into getting the group a new round of drinks, but by the time he had returned the group had been breaking up. Some had wandered off, but a few had passed out against the worn, wooden tables as if the filthy surface had been the most luxurious of beds. He couldn't really fault them that.

His spirits had waned and Viktor found he no longer wanted to drink if he had to do it alone. He somehow had the capacity to dump out some treasure on the table from what he'd earned working as a physician, but his head swam fiercely as he made his way for the door. First, he found one that mocked him by refusing to open. It felt rather like a wall actually, and when he finally kiltered toward the right his claws had found open air to beckon him forward.

As he tottered his way in a direction he assumed was home - relatively speaking of course - the cold night air brushed against his scales. He was numbed and warmed by his activities, his mind blissfully free of his worries and the memories and desires that normally haunted him. He was most concerned with locating his bed, so even when it started to drizzle, droplets of rain blotting out the overhead sky, he didn't mind too terribly. If anything, he had a mental image that his dampened frills and clothing would likely make him all the more dashing and persuasive to any passerbys.

Somehow, at some point, he managed to find the bed he had been offered years ago, falling blissfully into the soft piles still fully clothed before he closed his eyes and snuggled in for a rest.

When morning came, Viktor groaned and pressed his snout into the blankets. His constitution might have been improved as a two-legged carnivore, but when he drank dragon-sized mugs of liquors then of course he was still going to be afflicted by the afflictions that came with too much imbibing. He roused himself slowly and fumbled his way toward the water bowl to pour himself a drink, his vision still a little blurry. No amount of blinking proved to be of any use, so he found a stool and lowered onto it while studying his work station.

The stone table had been polished smooth and its surface was stacked neatly with a number of jars and urns and vials that all had labels announcing their contents. In his haze he quite missed the small gift wrapped in large, colorful leaves on the edge of the table. Instead, he found some bark to crush up that had pain-relieving qualities. He smeared the bitter, acrid powder along his gums, drank a little more water and then pushed himself to his feet. Despite aching all over and wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep, he was a physician and he had patients to check on. On his way out the door he muttered, "Happy birthday, indeed."

While the day wore on in sunshine and bird song and the chipper spirits of those around him, Viktor felt himself sinking deeper and deeper into misery. Rather than lessen his headache grew with every heartbeat until the pounding and throbbing in his ears had his eyes squinted nearly shut. His body aches turned into random, intense pains that made him twitched and stretch and gain a general irritability despite his best efforts to put on his normal charming routine. He hide had started to itch here and there at some point, but the worst was the back and forth between the sweats and the chills, to the point that he started feeling a little breathless and arrhythmic. Finally, a little after mid-day, he had enough.

Returning to his chambers, Viktor attempted to lie down, but found he was too miserable to truly take advantage of his bed. It certainly was not restful with the constant hum of chatter and activity outside. At moments he would have sworn that he could hear the rocks deep below churning and grating. Panting, he roused himself, and that was when he noticed the bundle of leaves. Despite his misery he pocketed the item and felt a bit of smug satisfaction that someone clearly couldn't resist expressing their affections toward him. He would open it later. With that, he stumbled his way clear of the room, the territory, and into the woodlands in search of something that might bring him relief -- or at least a quiet enough location that he might be able to rest. The idea of a soak in a hot spring was marvelous and he knew just the place.

The trek was a long one, but when Viktor had an idea he pursued it doggedly. Even when he shouldn't.

With his awkward gait and movements it always took a little more energy for things than it should have. With his condition worsening by the minute it was only to be expected that one moment he was following a fairly familiar trail, but in the next moment he was slipping. His claws attempted to dig in for purchase, but all they discovered was slippery mud and lichen that offered nothing to grip whatsoever. He careened sideways with a hard lurch that twisted something rather painfully, and then down he went. He crashed down the steep side of the ravine with all the grace of an awkwardly shaped boulder. Wings and tail went flying and whipping around as he tried to latch onto something, anything. Yet his senses were knocked clean out of him as he bashed into a half-rotted log that was stubbornly clinging to its spot in the wilderness and he went limp as he slid and skidded the rest of the way down. Graciously, the final drop was only a few meters and covered mostly in foliage and mud.

His unexpected trip at an end, Viktor tried to get up, but his world exploded with odd colors and sensations. Weakened, overwhelmed, the Not-Dragon succumbed to unconsciousness.

"Fella... ... Oy... ... Ya think he's a'ight?"

Words fell into Viktor's ears in a muffled fashion, fading in and out as if his head were being dunked under water and then drawn upward once more. Consciousness flickered in and out and his entire body was wracked from head to toe in soreness. Something poked him in the side and he realized it was that annoyance that had woken him rather than the calling out. He turned his head to see a pair of figures bent over to study him, their faces concerned.

"Ya live after all, eh? Sorry luck for us, but suppose that's the gods favorin' ya then, fella. Did ya take a tumble down the hill?"

"Yeah," Viktor croaked out. He reached for his face to scrub some of the mud off. At first, it did not register. It took him a minute of brushing mud and debris from his person before the gradual epiphany settled over him.

Hands. Not claws, but fingers. Feet. Not claws, but toes.

Concentrating, he tried to feel his wings. Nothing. Tail? Nope. At least not the one in the back. Gingerly, and with help from the man that had poked him with a traveling staff, he clambered to his feet. The clothes he had worn as a dragon draped heavily around his body and offered modesty, but he was certainly receiving some dubious looks. He didn't bother to explain a thing. Joy was too busy spreading through his limbs.

"Ya really shouldn't get into the pints that much if this is where ya end up, fella."

"Yes, yes. As you say. Tell me, though--"

It took much coaxing and finagling to get information out of the pair of travelers, but coins had still lined the pockets of his coat and Viktor, overjoyed, was quite free with them. Within a few days he had been guided to the closest town, exchanged his odd pieces for normal garb and sent a letter to one of the Holy Guilds so that word might reach the one person he felt sure would have never given up looking for him. A simple enough letter instructing the recipient to find him at Home.

Home, of course, felt odd after he arrived. There were a number of questions about where he had been and what he'd been doing; more still about why he would bother coming back to such a small town, if he intended to stay, was he still a physician, and if so would he be able to come look at--

Viktor had never been happier. It took some time to get his place in order. It had been abandoned after his disappearance. The townsfolk with their fierce superstitions had been too afraid to go near the place after he had up and vanished, the place left a bit of a wreck in his haste to escape and depart without people seeing him in his altered condition. It was while he was working on fixing his laboratory that his brother arrived, fresh from an adventure of his own. The two spent weeks catching up, working on the house, making plans. They shared many late nights over drinks and more than a few days through the town and surrounding dwellings and communities (though much of it was at his brother's insistence, as was the wont of the righteous).

When his brother did finally depart, declaring that the wickedness of the world needed his attention now that all was right with Viktor once again, the Ex-Non-Dragon settled down at his desk in his workspace and smiled. It was good to be home, even if a faint part of him regretted that he wasn't able to say goodbye to those that had shown him kindness in his years with them. Very briefly he mused on how perhaps he had matured a little as a person. The thought was fleeting, though, as ideas of how much more attention would be due to him with his new maturity and appealing nature. For the moment, though, work called and he rose to begin his research and preparations.

A glint of color slightly out of place caught his eye and Viktor remembered the present that he had pocketed on his birthday. He took it from the shelf and placed it on the table, examining the once vibrant foliage; someone had taken a lot of care to wrap the contents, though the lumpy shape made it hard to guess the contents. With a shrug, he tore open the gift wrapping. Then, he laughed.

Nestled within the leaves was a copy of the very tome that had held the potion that had started the entire debacle of an adventure. A smile on his face Viktor placed the tome on the shelf with care. Then, he snagged his coat and headed to work. After all, it was only one adventure of many and he was not done yet.

--The End
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
[center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6f3c3315577907f25eb08b5c2ab6780f/tumblr_pk8dn7mw0X1uyn897_640.jpg[/img][/center] Tiferet, for the amazing and lovely @Disillusionist :D
tumblr_pk8dn7mw0X1uyn897_640.jpg

Tiferet, for the amazing and lovely @Disillusionist :D
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
@Kalistys - You're next on my list. Please let me know if you still would like me to fulfill your order! :D
@Kalistys - You're next on my list. Please let me know if you still would like me to fulfill your order! :D
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
@wystaria
It’s perfect, thank you SO much!!! <3
@wystaria
It’s perfect, thank you SO much!!! <3
Bump
Bump
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
Up we go, yo~!
Up we go, yo~!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9