Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | PWYW Lore/Writing
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
@Rosoidela I'd love to get some lore for Eta11 here [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54601356] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/546014/54601356_350.png[/img] [/url] For context, here is the tab description for the tab she's stored in: [quote=Kirino's Lab]In Dragonhome there is a laboratory which many have heard of, but few have seen. It is rumored that in that mysterious place, a scientist and his assistants conduct experiments of dubious morality. Be wary if you should chance upon it, as a few experiments have allegedly been allowed to roam.[/quote] And here are some notes for her character in particular: [quote][LIST] [*]robot/construct [*]guard/sentry for a secret lab [*]vicious [*]due to a glitch in her system, certain sound frequencies and patterns cause her to become abnormally calm [*]she seems to be at least somewhat aware of this, as she is known to self-soothe from time to time with terrible imitations of songs she has stored in her database [/LIST] [/quote]
@Rosoidela

I'd love to get some lore for Eta11 here

54601356_350.png

For context, here is the tab description for the tab she's stored in:
Kirino's Lab wrote:
In Dragonhome there is a laboratory which many have heard of, but few have seen. It is rumored that in that mysterious place, a scientist and his assistants conduct experiments of dubious morality.
Be wary if you should chance upon it, as a few experiments have allegedly been allowed to roam.

And here are some notes for her character in particular:
Quote:
  • robot/construct
  • guard/sentry for a secret lab
  • vicious
  • due to a glitch in her system, certain sound frequencies and patterns cause her to become abnormally calm
  • she seems to be at least somewhat aware of this, as she is known to self-soothe from time to time with terrible imitations of songs she has stored in her database
@Rosoidela
likan is absolutely fine! take all the time you need :>
@Rosoidela
likan is absolutely fine! take all the time you need :>
CMK7soU.png
@tysm I finished it. ^-^ Let me know if it's alright. And if there's anything you want me to change or redo if need be. Or I could always do another dragon if this wasn't what you had in mind. ^^
Quote:
They were scared of her. She could see it in their eyes whenever she passed, saw it in their drawn eyes and thinned lips. “They aren’t scared of you,” Asteria said to her one day even as the other dragons gave them a wide berth. “You just… look different.”

Different. In her looks, her voice, in the way she moved. Floated more than walked, flirted more than stalked. Yet for all her differences, Likan didn’t mind. She smiled, small and oh so quiet and said, “Of course.”

In the twilight, everything looked different. There was a shimmer in the air that hadn’t been there before, a weightlessness and otherworldliness. A kaleidoscope of lights that drifted and glimmered, shadows shifting and the sun’s rays gentle and soft. She found them, then. Wandering past the pools of darkness and shadows, felt the cool shivering chill of reaching hands. She gathered them close like lost little lambs, voice honey and sweet, luminous eyes tender and soft. She warmed their frozen spirits, calmed their frantic hearts, showed them the key and let them rejoice.

“Come,” she murmured, voice but a soft whisper, no more than the rustle of leaves or the trickle of a brook. “Let us return.”

And they followed her, all neat in a line, shadowed figures bobbing and weaving, listening to her whispered sweet nothings. She led them away back towards their promised lands, back to their homes where they could be peaceful and fine. As the sun dipped beneath the horizon, the moon’s light shedding through the trees, Likan blinked, eyes empty and blank, and realized it was winter again.

“Where’ve you been?” asked the dragon guarding the caves, brows furowed and looking uneasy at the sight of her. Even so, he dutifully shifted aside as she stepped nearer. “It’s been months.”

Had it been? She hadn’t realized. But she gave him her greetings as though nothing were amiss, and returned to clan life with nary a word nor a care in the world.

@NotQuiteToxic Sure thing! I'll probably be finished writing around Saturday or so? So expect a ping around then when it's done. ^-^
@tysm I finished it. ^-^ Let me know if it's alright. And if there's anything you want me to change or redo if need be. Or I could always do another dragon if this wasn't what you had in mind. ^^
Quote:
They were scared of her. She could see it in their eyes whenever she passed, saw it in their drawn eyes and thinned lips. “They aren’t scared of you,” Asteria said to her one day even as the other dragons gave them a wide berth. “You just… look different.”

Different. In her looks, her voice, in the way she moved. Floated more than walked, flirted more than stalked. Yet for all her differences, Likan didn’t mind. She smiled, small and oh so quiet and said, “Of course.”

In the twilight, everything looked different. There was a shimmer in the air that hadn’t been there before, a weightlessness and otherworldliness. A kaleidoscope of lights that drifted and glimmered, shadows shifting and the sun’s rays gentle and soft. She found them, then. Wandering past the pools of darkness and shadows, felt the cool shivering chill of reaching hands. She gathered them close like lost little lambs, voice honey and sweet, luminous eyes tender and soft. She warmed their frozen spirits, calmed their frantic hearts, showed them the key and let them rejoice.

“Come,” she murmured, voice but a soft whisper, no more than the rustle of leaves or the trickle of a brook. “Let us return.”

And they followed her, all neat in a line, shadowed figures bobbing and weaving, listening to her whispered sweet nothings. She led them away back towards their promised lands, back to their homes where they could be peaceful and fine. As the sun dipped beneath the horizon, the moon’s light shedding through the trees, Likan blinked, eyes empty and blank, and realized it was winter again.

“Where’ve you been?” asked the dragon guarding the caves, brows furowed and looking uneasy at the sight of her. Even so, he dutifully shifted aside as she stepped nearer. “It’s been months.”

Had it been? She hadn’t realized. But she gave him her greetings as though nothing were amiss, and returned to clan life with nary a word nor a care in the world.

@NotQuiteToxic Sure thing! I'll probably be finished writing around Saturday or so? So expect a ping around then when it's done. ^-^
banner_by_cats185-date5lu.png
@Rosoidela
thats absolutely perfect!! thank you so much, i love your writing style! sending payment now :>
@Rosoidela
thats absolutely perfect!! thank you so much, i love your writing style! sending payment now :>
CMK7soU.png
@GlitchingFlame A bit later than I expected to get this done, but I finished! I ended up writing it from an outside perspective as opposed to your character's, so I hope that's okay? If you'd like any changes, or want me to redo anything, just let me know. ^-^

Quote:
Pirates. It was something Alfred never thought he’d have to deal with, especially since he lived on a washed up old island that not even the fishermen bothered with, let alone anyone with sense.

Having been here for years, he knew these lands forwards and backwards. Even so, he always thought there was something odd about this island. He’d find new objects and tools even though he knew he had scoured that exact same spot five times already; shortcuts and paths would seem to appear when he doubled back; and once, he mused that he missed the taste of peaches, and not two days later he found a shipwreck with a stock of pickled peaches.

It was bizarre.

And now, to top it all off, pirates. Now, Alfred had never had much experience with pirates, but he’d heard the stories. Everyone had. Horrible people, hook-handed, eye patches, and the works. They ravaged ships and navies, stole from everyone, and was just a general nuisance. Criminals with a ship. He wasn’t looking forward to having to deal with them, and certainly didn’t want to get in their way. Yet still he watched them—from a safe distance, of course—curious despite himself.

The group was… disappointing. They didn’t look like sea-hardened criminals, no gnarled grins or scarred faces. In fact, sopping wet after their dive into the ocean, they looked more like drowned kittens than seafaring men. Their ship looked no less damaged. If anything, it was as if they’d gotten caught in a storm. But that’d be crazy, there hadn’t been a cloud in the sky for weeks.

“What now, Captain?” asked one of the crew, a woman with stern looking eyes and a no nonsense stance.

Captain? Alfred scanned the group. None of them looked particularly…

Wait. That one in the back? The man—or boy, he was so young looking—stood with the confidence he’d expect of a captain, hand on his hips as he surveyed the land and eyes shaded with a broad-rimmed hat. “Scout the area,” he said, “and let’s find a place for camp.”

So they would be staying the night then. That was a bit worrisome. How would Alfred cook his meals without any of them noticing the telltale signs of fire and smoke? Well, there was nothing to be done about that. He was about to disappear back into the depths of the island’s forest when the captain suddenly halted, his proud voice ringing loud and clear, “On second thought… Yuqa you’re in charge. I’ll be right back.”

The woman crossed her arms, looking utterly unimpressed. “And where are you off to in such a rush?”

The boy grinned, just a quick flash of teeth, a quirk of his lips. “To search the island, of course. Never know what kinds of monsters lurk within its depths.”

“Never know what kind of idiocy you’ll find yourself in next,” she said, but she was smiling. Yuqa shook her head. “Have fun, Captain. Don’t let those savages keep you.”

Alfred was careful to keep his distance as he followed the captain deeper into the woods. Mostly because he was worried the boy would find his hut, and secondly, there weren’t any monsters or hostile creatures on this island, so what possibly could the captain be getting up to?

A lot, it seemed.

Not fifteen meters in and the captain stumbled across a cave that Alfred had never seen before, hidden beneath a curtain of ivy and its rock wall craggy, chipped, and weathered. It looked, in Alfred’s humble opinion, like a death trap. Yet still, the captain ventured in after only spending a few minutes surveying the outside, checking the integrity of the stone walls with a few sharp taps and seeming satisfied when only a few pebbles fell.

Well. If this lunatic wanted to risk his life exploring a crazy cave, then so be it.

Alfred left without a backwards glance, already putting the pirate out of his mind.

That night, he was just settling in front of the fire with a nice cup of tea when he heard a strange rumbling noise coming from beneath his house. Odd, he thought, but the island always made strange noises, so this wasn’t all that out of the ordinary. It was only when his favorite tea set began rattling that Alfred stood to take a gander out the window.

Nothing. Everything looked ordinary. Just the same trees that always stood outside his quaint little hut. If anything, it almost felt like…

Crash!

With an earth-shattering shake and a large plume of smoke, Alfred stared open-mouthed as his back wall collapsed in a pile of cinders and planks. There was a cough, a sputter, and the boy captain shoved his way through, pushing aside a piece of what had once been Alfred’s favorite painting.

“Um,” said Alfred, wondering if there was something in his tea.

“Is this another part of the test?” asked the pirate, covered in soot but otherwise fine. He was holding some strange glowing golden object in his hands, but that wasn’t what drew Alfred’s attention.

“Uh…” said Alfred, trying and failing not to stare at the strange creature on top of the pirate’s hat. Was that a… monkey? Holding a sword? It chattered at him, brandishing the sword angrily. Alfred blinked. “I… I think I’m going to bed,” he decided. There was definitely something wrong with his tea. Maybe his herb stash had gone bad or been contaminated somehow. “You just… go do your pirate things. Try not to break more stuff, yeah?”

And with that, Alfred resolutely shut his bedroom door and hoped that tomorrow would make more sense.

The next morning dawned with the pirates getting ready to set sail once more. The crew were loading supplies and boxes back onto the ship, and the captain lounged on the deck, leaning over the railing to watch their progress and occasionally call out useful tidbits.

“Where did you go?” asked the woman, Yuqa, as she stepped up beside him. “You gave the crew quite a scare coming out of the darkness like that.”

“Eh”—Kaiyoku waved a hand dismissively—”just a cave. It had a few trials and tribulations to supposedly test someone’s worth, but it was all a scam.”

Yuqa raised an eyebrow disbelievingly.

“Okay,” he admitted, “so I did get a weird orb out of the whole thing. But it’s not even that cool. Doesn’t even work. It’s supposed to show the way to the next big adventure, but watch.” He pulled out the orb from his pocket, and even in the daylight it shone with an unearthly glow. With a quick flick of his hand, he tossed it to the ground and they both watched as it spun idly a few times before rolling to a stop at their feet, its glow fading. Kaiyoku shrugged. “See? We can sell it in the next port. Someone’s bound to be interested.”

“That still doesn’t explain how you came back covered in soot.”

“So maybe the cave caught fire in the end. And I might have broken into someone’s house. But it’s fine. Everything’s cool. The guy didn’t even care.”

“You broke into someone’s house?”

“Hey!” he argued. “I almost died in that cave. Don’t you care any about that? Your poor ol’ Captain, left all alone to fend for himself.” Yuqa levelled him with a look, and Kaiyoku just grinned. “Aww, don’t be like that. You know you love me.”

“I’m liking you less and less with every second,” Yuqa said, but she was smiling too. “Where to next, Captain?” she threw over her shoulder, already walking towards the bow to help the other crew members.

“Ah. I was thinking Rama,” Kaiyoku said. “Heard there’s treasure there. Might be worth another look.”

In the distance, he could just make out the small wooden hut of the one inhabitant of this island. The man’s door was open, his dark figure standing solidly in the doorway. At his feet, a small, sandy colored blob sat, no doubt chittering irately and waving around a small blade.

Captain Kaiyoku smiled, and as the last of the supplies were loaded onto the ship, he turned away. “Ready to set sail,” he called as he strode across the deck, “and set a course to Rama.”
@GlitchingFlame A bit later than I expected to get this done, but I finished! I ended up writing it from an outside perspective as opposed to your character's, so I hope that's okay? If you'd like any changes, or want me to redo anything, just let me know. ^-^

Quote:
Pirates. It was something Alfred never thought he’d have to deal with, especially since he lived on a washed up old island that not even the fishermen bothered with, let alone anyone with sense.

Having been here for years, he knew these lands forwards and backwards. Even so, he always thought there was something odd about this island. He’d find new objects and tools even though he knew he had scoured that exact same spot five times already; shortcuts and paths would seem to appear when he doubled back; and once, he mused that he missed the taste of peaches, and not two days later he found a shipwreck with a stock of pickled peaches.

It was bizarre.

And now, to top it all off, pirates. Now, Alfred had never had much experience with pirates, but he’d heard the stories. Everyone had. Horrible people, hook-handed, eye patches, and the works. They ravaged ships and navies, stole from everyone, and was just a general nuisance. Criminals with a ship. He wasn’t looking forward to having to deal with them, and certainly didn’t want to get in their way. Yet still he watched them—from a safe distance, of course—curious despite himself.

The group was… disappointing. They didn’t look like sea-hardened criminals, no gnarled grins or scarred faces. In fact, sopping wet after their dive into the ocean, they looked more like drowned kittens than seafaring men. Their ship looked no less damaged. If anything, it was as if they’d gotten caught in a storm. But that’d be crazy, there hadn’t been a cloud in the sky for weeks.

“What now, Captain?” asked one of the crew, a woman with stern looking eyes and a no nonsense stance.

Captain? Alfred scanned the group. None of them looked particularly…

Wait. That one in the back? The man—or boy, he was so young looking—stood with the confidence he’d expect of a captain, hand on his hips as he surveyed the land and eyes shaded with a broad-rimmed hat. “Scout the area,” he said, “and let’s find a place for camp.”

So they would be staying the night then. That was a bit worrisome. How would Alfred cook his meals without any of them noticing the telltale signs of fire and smoke? Well, there was nothing to be done about that. He was about to disappear back into the depths of the island’s forest when the captain suddenly halted, his proud voice ringing loud and clear, “On second thought… Yuqa you’re in charge. I’ll be right back.”

The woman crossed her arms, looking utterly unimpressed. “And where are you off to in such a rush?”

The boy grinned, just a quick flash of teeth, a quirk of his lips. “To search the island, of course. Never know what kinds of monsters lurk within its depths.”

“Never know what kind of idiocy you’ll find yourself in next,” she said, but she was smiling. Yuqa shook her head. “Have fun, Captain. Don’t let those savages keep you.”

Alfred was careful to keep his distance as he followed the captain deeper into the woods. Mostly because he was worried the boy would find his hut, and secondly, there weren’t any monsters or hostile creatures on this island, so what possibly could the captain be getting up to?

A lot, it seemed.

Not fifteen meters in and the captain stumbled across a cave that Alfred had never seen before, hidden beneath a curtain of ivy and its rock wall craggy, chipped, and weathered. It looked, in Alfred’s humble opinion, like a death trap. Yet still, the captain ventured in after only spending a few minutes surveying the outside, checking the integrity of the stone walls with a few sharp taps and seeming satisfied when only a few pebbles fell.

Well. If this lunatic wanted to risk his life exploring a crazy cave, then so be it.

Alfred left without a backwards glance, already putting the pirate out of his mind.

That night, he was just settling in front of the fire with a nice cup of tea when he heard a strange rumbling noise coming from beneath his house. Odd, he thought, but the island always made strange noises, so this wasn’t all that out of the ordinary. It was only when his favorite tea set began rattling that Alfred stood to take a gander out the window.

Nothing. Everything looked ordinary. Just the same trees that always stood outside his quaint little hut. If anything, it almost felt like…

Crash!

With an earth-shattering shake and a large plume of smoke, Alfred stared open-mouthed as his back wall collapsed in a pile of cinders and planks. There was a cough, a sputter, and the boy captain shoved his way through, pushing aside a piece of what had once been Alfred’s favorite painting.

“Um,” said Alfred, wondering if there was something in his tea.

“Is this another part of the test?” asked the pirate, covered in soot but otherwise fine. He was holding some strange glowing golden object in his hands, but that wasn’t what drew Alfred’s attention.

“Uh…” said Alfred, trying and failing not to stare at the strange creature on top of the pirate’s hat. Was that a… monkey? Holding a sword? It chattered at him, brandishing the sword angrily. Alfred blinked. “I… I think I’m going to bed,” he decided. There was definitely something wrong with his tea. Maybe his herb stash had gone bad or been contaminated somehow. “You just… go do your pirate things. Try not to break more stuff, yeah?”

And with that, Alfred resolutely shut his bedroom door and hoped that tomorrow would make more sense.

The next morning dawned with the pirates getting ready to set sail once more. The crew were loading supplies and boxes back onto the ship, and the captain lounged on the deck, leaning over the railing to watch their progress and occasionally call out useful tidbits.

“Where did you go?” asked the woman, Yuqa, as she stepped up beside him. “You gave the crew quite a scare coming out of the darkness like that.”

“Eh”—Kaiyoku waved a hand dismissively—”just a cave. It had a few trials and tribulations to supposedly test someone’s worth, but it was all a scam.”

Yuqa raised an eyebrow disbelievingly.

“Okay,” he admitted, “so I did get a weird orb out of the whole thing. But it’s not even that cool. Doesn’t even work. It’s supposed to show the way to the next big adventure, but watch.” He pulled out the orb from his pocket, and even in the daylight it shone with an unearthly glow. With a quick flick of his hand, he tossed it to the ground and they both watched as it spun idly a few times before rolling to a stop at their feet, its glow fading. Kaiyoku shrugged. “See? We can sell it in the next port. Someone’s bound to be interested.”

“That still doesn’t explain how you came back covered in soot.”

“So maybe the cave caught fire in the end. And I might have broken into someone’s house. But it’s fine. Everything’s cool. The guy didn’t even care.”

“You broke into someone’s house?”

“Hey!” he argued. “I almost died in that cave. Don’t you care any about that? Your poor ol’ Captain, left all alone to fend for himself.” Yuqa levelled him with a look, and Kaiyoku just grinned. “Aww, don’t be like that. You know you love me.”

“I’m liking you less and less with every second,” Yuqa said, but she was smiling too. “Where to next, Captain?” she threw over her shoulder, already walking towards the bow to help the other crew members.

“Ah. I was thinking Rama,” Kaiyoku said. “Heard there’s treasure there. Might be worth another look.”

In the distance, he could just make out the small wooden hut of the one inhabitant of this island. The man’s door was open, his dark figure standing solidly in the doorway. At his feet, a small, sandy colored blob sat, no doubt chittering irately and waving around a small blade.

Captain Kaiyoku smiled, and as the last of the supplies were loaded onto the ship, he turned away. “Ready to set sail,” he called as he strode across the deck, “and set a course to Rama.”
@Rosoidela hello again! id like to order lore for two more dragons if thats okay? theyve both got some stuff written in their bios already [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44746563] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/447466/44746563_350.png[/img] [/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57041270] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/570413/57041270_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Rosoidela
hello again! id like to order lore for two more dragons if thats okay?
theyve both got some stuff written in their bios already

44746563_350.png

57041270_350.png
CMK7soU.png
Opening this back up ^^
Opening this back up ^^
Boop!
Boop!
Boop!
Boop!
@Rosoidela Love your work! Can I please order some lore for Glimmer and Frizz? They have some notes in their bios [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65193632][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/651937/65193632_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70199687][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701997/70199687_350.png[/img][/url]
@Rosoidela Love your work! Can I please order some lore for Glimmer and Frizz? They have some notes in their bios

65193632_350.png

70199687_350.png
BEJVO.gif a3qxG.gif 7GQVm.gif 8SORr.gif T2BwT.gif
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15