Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Opal's Tarot, Lore and More! [Open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
aw, thank you so much! I only need one other thing from you, a question to ask the cards!
@providence
aw, thank you so much! I only need one other thing from you, a question to ask the cards!
@providence
d4nYyHf.png
Humm for my little Shyael? Let's see humm... How can she extend and exploit her training to its maximum potential and what element must she not neglect during the process? Is that a good question? ._.
Humm for my little Shyael? Let's see humm... How can she extend and exploit her training to its maximum potential and what element must she not neglect during the process? Is that a good question? ._.
RT0jpC7.giftumblr_oh9s8luc0d1t6limbo7_r2_540_by_alyssdream-dbm0n05.gif
that's great! i'll get right on it. do you want it posted here or pmed to you?
that's great! i'll get right on it. do you want it posted here or pmed to you?
d4nYyHf.png
Either way is fine with me! ^^ You could use it as example, as I might not be the only one unsure of what type of question we can ask for our little scaleys! :o
Either way is fine with me! ^^ You could use it as example, as I might not be the only one unsure of what type of question we can ask for our little scaleys! :o
@proveidence [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38588001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385881/38588001_350.png[/img] [/url] A young skydancer wandered the marketplace tentatively. She clutched in her claws a small leather satchel that jingled with coin. She was nervous here, around all these strange dragons with all the noise that accompanied any market. She much preferred the softer sounds of the forest, where the loudest sounds made were the rush of a waterfall or the sound of her own footsteps on the leaf-strewn ground. The skydancer grumbled quietly about the necessity of market trips. She was still learning her way in the world, only just having left her home clan a scant few months ago, but she found herself falling in love with the lush forests that were scattered through Sornieth. Fortunately another clan had found her wandering on her own and had taken her in, allowing her to learn the way of the huntress. She was the youngest, and as such was often tasked with the more remedial chores of grocery shopper. But now she'd finished her shopping and she still had a few coins that rattled around in her satchel. Surely no one would notice if she bought herself a little something, right? Besides, she felt like she'd earned it. Glancing around, a merchant's tent of rich purples and pinks caught her eye. Ambling up to it, she noticed the wooden sign propped up near the entrance. "Tarot?" She muttered to herself. She'd heard of the practice, but didn't know much about what it actually [i]did[/i]. Strangely, she felt called to enter, brushing aside the heavy velvet curtains that hid the inside of the tent. Inside was dimly lit with candles and smelled strongly of incense. A bogsneak whose own hide matched the colors of the tent greeted her from behind a small circular table. "Ah, hello young one. Seeking guidance are we?" The bogsneak smiled knowingly and gestured to the seat across from him at the table. "Come, sit, and I might tell you some answers." Hesitantly, the skydancer stepped lightly across the carpeted floor to sit in the aforementioned seat. The bogsneak across from her shuffled a deck of cards expertly, clearly very practiced and familiar with the motion. "Might I inquire your name, young miss?" The bogsneak asked softly. "You may call me Ivanova." "I'm Shyael...pleasure to meet you Mr. Ivanova." The skydancer replied politely. Ivanova chuckled softly to himself. "Ah such politeness! Don't fret about such formalities with me; I don't require them." Shyael found herself relaxing her nervously tensed shoulders as she spoke to Ivanova. The room was softly lit and smelled pleasant, and the cushioned seat under her was very soft. Strangely Shyael found herself feeling almost sleepy in such a calm environment. "Now Shyael, how may I be of assistance to you?" Ivanova stopped shuffling his cards and focused on the skydancer. "Um, I-I'm not sure. I don't really know what Tarot is..." She trailed off in embarrassment. "That's okay dear, I can explain. We use tarot cards to give us some guidance when we need it. Call it fate, but often times these cards can give us a better understanding of our lives." As he spoke, Ivanova gestured above his head, and Shyael noticed for the first time some small, floating stones that glittered almost like stars and constellations above their heads. "Ask the cards a question that perhaps requires some solving in your life." Shyael sat back in her seat a little, pondering what kind of question she might ask. What did she need help with? What questions did she have that needed to be answered? Ivanova sat patiently across from her as she thought about what she wanted to ask. "Um...I guess I'd really like to know what I should keep in mind as I train to be a huntress." She decided. "I see. Well then, let's see what advice the cards have for us." Ivanova smiled and started to shuffle his deck of cards again with such dexterity Shyael wondered how he was able to move so quickly. Then he spread the deck out before him, cards face down and motioned for Shyael to pick one. She hesitated over them for a moment before drawing one out of the middle. Turning it over and inspecting it, she read; "The Hermit." [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/3789/th/pre/i/2018/008/0/c/providence_reading_by_opalwhisker-dbzdttq.jpg[/img] Before she handed the card back to Ivanova. "Ah, yes. The Hermit. An appropriate card for a young dragon first setting out on her own." Ivanova mused, setting the card in the middle of the table and sweeping the rest away. "The Hermit represents solitude, introspection and meditation. You are out on your own for the first time, and things are new and scary and perhaps you are questioning the status quo. The Hermit says that now is the best time to be doing some soul-searching. The answers to the questions you have are not found externally, for you already hold the answers within you. You're likely to thrive and learn the most if you seek your own truth. Become comfortable and seek solace in your own company, and you will never be alone. At the same time, however, remember to remain compassionate to others. These are the lessons the Hermit teaches." Ivanova smiled and looked back at Shyael. "You are strong, and will become stronger still. Remember these lessons and they will serve you well." Shyael felt her heart swell with strange, mixed emotions she couldn't describe, and she knew Ivanova was right. She thanked the bogsneak sincerely and paid him for his services, leaving the tent feeling more at ease in the large crowd than before and not quite knowing why. Shyael left the market, smiling to herself as she pondered the information she'd been given on the way home.
@proveidence

38588001_350.png

A young skydancer wandered the marketplace tentatively. She clutched in her claws a small leather satchel that jingled with coin. She was nervous here, around all these strange dragons with all the noise that accompanied any market. She much preferred the softer sounds of the forest, where the loudest sounds made were the rush of a waterfall or the sound of her own footsteps on the leaf-strewn ground. The skydancer grumbled quietly about the necessity of market trips.

She was still learning her way in the world, only just having left her home clan a scant few months ago, but she found herself falling in love with the lush forests that were scattered through Sornieth. Fortunately another clan had found her wandering on her own and had taken her in, allowing her to learn the way of the huntress. She was the youngest, and as such was often tasked with the more remedial chores of grocery shopper. But now she'd finished her shopping and she still had a few coins that rattled around in her satchel. Surely no one would notice if she bought herself a little something, right? Besides, she felt like she'd earned it. Glancing around, a merchant's tent of rich purples and pinks caught her eye. Ambling up to it, she noticed the wooden sign propped up near the entrance.

"Tarot?" She muttered to herself. She'd heard of the practice, but didn't know much about what it actually did. Strangely, she felt called to enter, brushing aside the heavy velvet curtains that hid the inside of the tent. Inside was dimly lit with candles and smelled strongly of incense. A bogsneak whose own hide matched the colors of the tent greeted her from behind a small circular table.

"Ah, hello young one. Seeking guidance are we?" The bogsneak smiled knowingly and gestured to the seat across from him at the table. "Come, sit, and I might tell you some answers." Hesitantly, the skydancer stepped lightly across the carpeted floor to sit in the aforementioned seat. The bogsneak across from her shuffled a deck of cards expertly, clearly very practiced and familiar with the motion. "Might I inquire your name, young miss?" The bogsneak asked softly. "You may call me Ivanova."

"I'm Shyael...pleasure to meet you Mr. Ivanova." The skydancer replied politely. Ivanova chuckled softly to himself.

"Ah such politeness! Don't fret about such formalities with me; I don't require them." Shyael found herself relaxing her nervously tensed shoulders as she spoke to Ivanova. The room was softly lit and smelled pleasant, and the cushioned seat under her was very soft. Strangely Shyael found herself feeling almost sleepy in such a calm environment.

"Now Shyael, how may I be of assistance to you?" Ivanova stopped shuffling his cards and focused on the skydancer.

"Um, I-I'm not sure. I don't really know what Tarot is..." She trailed off in embarrassment.

"That's okay dear, I can explain. We use tarot cards to give us some guidance when we need it. Call it fate, but often times these cards can give us a better understanding of our lives." As he spoke, Ivanova gestured above his head, and Shyael noticed for the first time some small, floating stones that glittered almost like stars and constellations above their heads. "Ask the cards a question that perhaps requires some solving in your life."

Shyael sat back in her seat a little, pondering what kind of question she might ask. What did she need help with? What questions did she have that needed to be answered? Ivanova sat patiently across from her as she thought about what she wanted to ask.

"Um...I guess I'd really like to know what I should keep in mind as I train to be a huntress." She decided.

"I see. Well then, let's see what advice the cards have for us." Ivanova smiled and started to shuffle his deck of cards again with such dexterity Shyael wondered how he was able to move so quickly. Then he spread the deck out before him, cards face down and motioned for Shyael to pick one. She hesitated over them for a moment before drawing one out of the middle. Turning it over and inspecting it, she read;

"The Hermit."
providence_reading_by_opalwhisker-dbzdttq.jpg

Before she handed the card back to Ivanova.

"Ah, yes. The Hermit. An appropriate card for a young dragon first setting out on her own." Ivanova mused, setting the card in the middle of the table and sweeping the rest away. "The Hermit represents solitude, introspection and meditation. You are out on your own for the first time, and things are new and scary and perhaps you are questioning the status quo. The Hermit says that now is the best time to be doing some soul-searching. The answers to the questions you have are not found externally, for you already hold the answers within you. You're likely to thrive and learn the most if you seek your own truth. Become comfortable and seek solace in your own company, and you will never be alone. At the same time, however, remember to remain compassionate to others. These are the lessons the Hermit teaches." Ivanova smiled and looked back at Shyael. "You are strong, and will become stronger still. Remember these lessons and they will serve you well."

Shyael felt her heart swell with strange, mixed emotions she couldn't describe, and she knew Ivanova was right. She thanked the bogsneak sincerely and paid him for his services, leaving the tent feeling more at ease in the large crowd than before and not quite knowing why. Shyael left the market, smiling to herself as she pondered the information she'd been given on the way home.
d4nYyHf.png
@providence

The lore comes out to approx~ 750 words, but I'll round down since you also bought a card reading. The total for this I think comes out to 225g or 170kt :) I hope you like it!
@providence

The lore comes out to approx~ 750 words, but I'll round down since you also bought a card reading. The total for this I think comes out to 225g or 170kt :) I hope you like it!
d4nYyHf.png
OMG yes yes yes that piece of lore is so good and the tarot card adds a little extra spice! Sending the payment now on CR! ^~^ I will come back sometime soon for sure hehe!
OMG yes yes yes that piece of lore is so good and the tarot card adds a little extra spice! Sending the payment now on CR! ^~^ I will come back sometime soon for sure hehe!
@providence Thank YOU for asking for this! It was cute, and really fun to do <3
@providence Thank YOU for asking for this! It was cute, and really fun to do <3
d4nYyHf.png
^
^
d4nYyHf.png
^
^
d4nYyHf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7