Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Adventure's Lair of Lore (Open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@AdventureChaser

Thank you! It's alright, you can take your time. Is it ok if I alter the bio a bit? Did I pay for the grabbags already?
@AdventureChaser

Thank you! It's alright, you can take your time. Is it ok if I alter the bio a bit? Did I pay for the grabbags already?
XSA45qz.jpg3Dyszo8.jpg
@Ximena It is 100% okay to alter it! It's your property now. :) And no, you haven't paid for either of them. May I ask that you refrain from paying for Soren's until I finish? Then I'll be sure to get it done!
@Ximena It is 100% okay to alter it! It's your property now. :) And no, you haven't paid for either of them. May I ask that you refrain from paying for Soren's until I finish? Then I'll be sure to get it done!
windshieldl.png
@Ximena Second grab bag whoo! Once I actually sat down to do it, it came pretty fast. [quote][center][b]Grab Bag (Soren)[/b] He was emperor. [i]He[/i] was emperor. Mighty in battle, valiant ruler, powerful over all. Not these rebels - these scrawny, dirty little insurgents that sought to overthrow his kingdom. They were nothing compared to his grandeur! Yet there they were, destroying his throne of ice. And there he was, trapped under their ropes and shackles. He would see them all frozen for this outrage! He couldn’t clearly comprehend what happened next. A mage put him to sleep, and when he woke, his castle was gone. He was standing alone before an encroaching glacier. No, not alone - surrounded by mages. Very small mages. And he couldn’t move. Shackles of ice bound his feet to the snow. The mages began chanting. The glacier crept forwards at an alarming rate. But as the ice hit him, it didn’t crush his prone form; it softened. The cold enclosed around his feet, his wings, his back with deceptive gentleness, only to become unmoving a second later. The mages fled as the ice closed around his head, casting off with one last warning. “Until the glacier melts, you are trapped. May the deities grant you clarity when you wake.” He was awake but asleep, alive but dead, for thousands of years. Alone, dreaming in the cold of the ice. He saw his actions for what they were: tyranny. He saw the pain and suffering without filter. He saw his mistakes. And he began to regret. Yet he slumbered on. The ice melted. His head cleared, waking fully for the first time in millennia. The land was different - and he was, too. He sought, finally, to make up for his mistakes. To become a better leader. He wandered, learning the new land and its changes. His kingdom was gone - for the better. He met dragons from everywhere, seeking knowledge at every turn. Then he found Onoind. A fae, and the beginnings of a clan. Here, a chance to undo his crimes of the past. It would not be easy; there was a lot to learn. But it was possibility. And possibility was all that Soren needed.[/center][/quote]
@Ximena

Second grab bag whoo! Once I actually sat down to do it, it came pretty fast.
Quote:
Grab Bag (Soren)

He was emperor. He was emperor. Mighty in battle, valiant ruler, powerful over all. Not these rebels - these scrawny, dirty little insurgents that sought to overthrow his kingdom. They were nothing compared to his grandeur! Yet there they were, destroying his throne of ice. And there he was, trapped under their ropes and shackles. He would see them all frozen for this outrage!

He couldn’t clearly comprehend what happened next. A mage put him to sleep, and when he woke, his castle was gone. He was standing alone before an encroaching glacier. No, not alone - surrounded by mages. Very small mages. And he couldn’t move.

Shackles of ice bound his feet to the snow. The mages began chanting. The glacier crept forwards at an alarming rate. But as the ice hit him, it didn’t crush his prone form; it softened. The cold enclosed around his feet, his wings, his back with deceptive gentleness, only to become unmoving a second later. The mages fled as the ice closed around his head, casting off with one last warning.

“Until the glacier melts, you are trapped. May the deities grant you clarity when you wake.”

He was awake but asleep, alive but dead, for thousands of years. Alone, dreaming in the cold of the ice. He saw his actions for what they were: tyranny. He saw the pain and suffering without filter. He saw his mistakes. And he began to regret. Yet he slumbered on.

The ice melted. His head cleared, waking fully for the first time in millennia. The land was different - and he was, too. He sought, finally, to make up for his mistakes. To become a better leader.

He wandered, learning the new land and its changes. His kingdom was gone - for the better. He met dragons from everywhere, seeking knowledge at every turn. Then he found Onoind. A fae, and the beginnings of a clan. Here, a chance to undo his crimes of the past. It would not be easy; there was a lot to learn. But it was possibility.

And possibility was all that Soren needed.
windshieldl.png
@Tsuni Yeah I got Iskra's done, too! Lemme know if anything needs to change/feel free to change in yourself! [center][quote][b]Long Bio (Iskra)[/b] Iskra isn’t from the cold, hard land of ice that she grew up in. She didn’t inherit the fur or blubber that kept others warm in its long winters, and its brief summers were never warm enough. Not compared to the hot, dry climate of her home. Of course, she doesn’t remember much of the desert. Just the dry winds that would blow in from the Windswept Plateau, and the way the heat seemed to press on her scales like weights. Yet even those fade with the harsh cold of the ice. She was taken from that paradise, that tan landscape of the Shifting Expanse as a hatchling, traded by the very clan that hatched her to pay off debts, and brought to a very different kind of desert. Not that it was a bad life. The traveling caravan's leader raised her as his own - so long as she earned her keep. Stolen jewels, bartered information, anything worth selling - it all found its way to the caravan though her. Her light, colorful exterior hid a dangerous thief within; one who could steal anything, fight anyone, and carve a living anywhere. She grew hard and tough, surviving the cold by mere stubbornness. However, when her father took in Nohoko, a scrawny young skydancer born of the ice, Iskra lost some on her edge. She amused herself by attempting to teach him thievery, for which he showed great aptitude. However, he also seemed to have a nose for trouble; something Iskra was constantly digging him out of. As the two slowly grew closer, she felt a noose tightening. The caravan’s profits began to sink, their reputation to grow, despite the constant moving. Dragons caught onto the lies. She knew, any day, the noose would tighten enough, cutting off their life. And it did. The attack came on her watch. Dozens of dragons, too many to stop. They ransacked the wagons, destroyed the merchandise, and captured the inhabitants for trial. Unwilling to let her home burn, Iskra joined the fray. She would go down fighting, just as always. Then Nohoko was there. He wasn’t a fighter - never had been. But he could fly, and fly he did. With Iskra, far away from her family and burning home. Some small part of her was said to see it go. They went to a clan. She never liked clans - always too suspicious of getting swindled - yet Nohoko was certain this one would take them in. And, to her surprise, they did. But how did a lifelong thief start an honest, upright life? Very carefully. [/center][/quote]
@Tsuni

Yeah I got Iskra's done, too! Lemme know if anything needs to change/feel free to change in yourself!
Quote:
Long Bio (Iskra)

Iskra isn’t from the cold, hard land of ice that she grew up in. She didn’t inherit the fur or blubber that kept others warm in its long winters, and its brief summers were never warm enough. Not compared to the hot, dry climate of her home.

Of course, she doesn’t remember much of the desert. Just the dry winds that would blow in from the Windswept Plateau, and the way the heat seemed to press on her scales like weights. Yet even those fade with the harsh cold of the ice. She was taken from that paradise, that tan landscape of the Shifting Expanse as a hatchling, traded by the very clan that hatched her to pay off debts, and brought to a very different kind of desert.

Not that it was a bad life. The traveling caravan's leader raised her as his own - so long as she earned her keep. Stolen jewels, bartered information, anything worth selling - it all found its way to the caravan though her. Her light, colorful exterior hid a dangerous thief within; one who could steal anything, fight anyone, and carve a living anywhere. She grew hard and tough, surviving the cold by mere stubbornness.

However, when her father took in Nohoko, a scrawny young skydancer born of the ice, Iskra lost some on her edge. She amused herself by attempting to teach him thievery, for which he showed great aptitude. However, he also seemed to have a nose for trouble; something Iskra was constantly digging him out of.

As the two slowly grew closer, she felt a noose tightening. The caravan’s profits began to sink, their reputation to grow, despite the constant moving. Dragons caught onto the lies. She knew, any day, the noose would tighten enough, cutting off their life.

And it did.

The attack came on her watch. Dozens of dragons, too many to stop. They ransacked the wagons, destroyed the merchandise, and captured the inhabitants for trial. Unwilling to let her home burn, Iskra joined the fray. She would go down fighting, just as always.

Then Nohoko was there. He wasn’t a fighter - never had been. But he could fly, and fly he did. With Iskra, far away from her family and burning home. Some small part of her was said to see it go.

They went to a clan. She never liked clans - always too suspicious of getting swindled - yet Nohoko was certain this one would take them in. And, to her surprise, they did. But how did a lifelong thief start an honest, upright life?

Very carefully.
windshieldl.png
@AdventureChaser

Thank you! It's wonderfully made! Sending the payment for both!
@AdventureChaser

Thank you! It's wonderfully made! Sending the payment for both!
XSA45qz.jpg3Dyszo8.jpg
bump!
bump!
windshieldl.png
ahh would you be up for short stories? so not lore but like a snippit of an OCs life?
ahh would you be up for short stories? so not lore but like a snippit of an OCs life?
qiTymVx.png
Deer/Cassie - It/it's - Adult
FR+0
Rutilan City Lorebook
tumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
@AdventureChaser could i get grab bag bios for these two dergs? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15301546][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/153016/15301546.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1203737][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/12038/1203737.png[/img][/url]
@AdventureChaser could i get grab bag bios for these two dergs?

15301546.png 1203737.png
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After of course! I'll put them on the list!

@JaxnGrey Yeah, totally! PM me and we can talk further!
@After of course! I'll put them on the list!

@JaxnGrey Yeah, totally! PM me and we can talk further!
windshieldl.png
@After Well I had a CRAP ton of muse today, so here are your bios! [center][quote][b]Grab Bag (Seija)[/b] Hatched among the frantic electricity of the Shifting Expanse, it was no surprise to anyone when Seija showed the same tireless work ethic and shocking energy as her birthplace. And while her name may mean ‘serene’, it is but the hopeless wish of tired parents; the nocturne hasn’t slowed down since cracking the eggshell, and shows no signs of doing so anytime soon. Seija spent her hatchling-hood like many of her kind, pulling pranks and imitating any dragon she could find. Her games of copy-cat drove more than one dragon crazy, especially after she found a very intriguing imperial to copy. Adachi wasn’t the most tolerant of her pranks, but allowed her around based on skill; the little nocturne had a remarkable ability with lightning spires. She could endure any storm, dodge any lightning strike with intimidating precision. Her knack for mimicry let her pick up the procedures that Adachi performed with ease, and a sharp mind translated them from the ground to the sky. In her entire career as a Spirekeeper, Seija hasn’t once been electrocuted - by lightning or machinery. She works in a frantic dance, battling the sky and wires in a fight for power. And, though the nocturne may one day lose this fight, she has no plans to do so anytime soon. [/quote] [quote][b]Grab Bag (Nexus)[/b] Though he is far from the largest or longest of the lair, Nexus is by far the most intimidating. His all-black scales speak of years spent in the world, enduring both its joys and dangers; yet despite his intimidating air, he is always waiting with a toothy grin. He has a story for every occasion, and is a definite favorite of the hatchlings. The dapper old-timer may seem dim-witted at times, but he has yet to lose his sense of humor. From Shadow, born-and-raised, his tricks can fool even the sharpest warrior. And he has tricks. Pranks, magic tricks, jokes of all sorts. Nexus believes in living life with a bang, a matra he’s held true to since youth. However, the slim imperial isn’t without his dark side. He lived through some questionable choices in his youth, and bears the scars to show for it. You don’t get out of a gang easily, and he wasn’t part of just any gang. It took years of saving and scheme to flee to Lightning territory, where he was only trapped by his ghosts. And though they still haunt him, they fade with each day. His new clan is where life is - not in the dregs of the past. [/quote][/center] Admittedly, I didn't notice the one line of lore in Nexus' bio until I already had the first two paragraphs...So I kinda threw something together? Eh, I hope you like them!
@After

Well I had a CRAP ton of muse today, so here are your bios!

Quote:
Grab Bag (Seija)

Hatched among the frantic electricity of the Shifting Expanse, it was no surprise to anyone when Seija showed the same tireless work ethic and shocking energy as her birthplace. And while her name may mean ‘serene’, it is but the hopeless wish of tired parents; the nocturne hasn’t slowed down since cracking the eggshell, and shows no signs of doing so anytime soon.

Seija spent her hatchling-hood like many of her kind, pulling pranks and imitating any dragon she could find. Her games of copy-cat drove more than one dragon crazy, especially after she found a very intriguing imperial to copy. Adachi wasn’t the most tolerant of her pranks, but allowed her around based on skill; the little nocturne had a remarkable ability with lightning spires.

She could endure any storm, dodge any lightning strike with intimidating precision. Her knack for mimicry let her pick up the procedures that Adachi performed with ease, and a sharp mind translated them from the ground to the sky. In her entire career as a Spirekeeper, Seija hasn’t once been electrocuted - by lightning or machinery. She works in a frantic dance, battling the sky and wires in a fight for power. And, though the nocturne may one day lose this fight, she has no plans to do so anytime soon.

Quote:
Grab Bag (Nexus)

Though he is far from the largest or longest of the lair, Nexus is by far the most intimidating. His all-black scales speak of years spent in the world, enduring both its joys and dangers; yet despite his intimidating air, he is always waiting with a toothy grin. He has a story for every occasion, and is a definite favorite of the hatchlings.

The dapper old-timer may seem dim-witted at times, but he has yet to lose his sense of humor. From Shadow, born-and-raised, his tricks can fool even the sharpest warrior. And he has tricks. Pranks, magic tricks, jokes of all sorts. Nexus believes in living life with a bang, a matra he’s held true to since youth.

However, the slim imperial isn’t without his dark side. He lived through some questionable choices in his youth, and bears the scars to show for it. You don’t get out of a gang easily, and he wasn’t part of just any gang. It took years of saving and scheme to flee to Lightning territory, where he was only trapped by his ghosts. And though they still haunt him, they fade with each day. His new clan is where life is - not in the dregs of the past.

Admittedly, I didn't notice the one line of lore in Nexus' bio until I already had the first two paragraphs...So I kinda threw something together? Eh, I hope you like them!
windshieldl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8