Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Adjustments & New Familiars
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 50 51
I didn't get any new spaces. Is this typical if you're under a certain amount? I just have to ask, it wasn't super clear to me.
I didn't get any new spaces. Is this typical if you're under a certain amount? I just have to ask, it wasn't super clear to me.
I did just drop a whole lot of money on the 50-dragon expansion, which is unfortunate, but at least it'll be better for me the next time I expand. Thank you guys so much!!
I did just drop a whole lot of money on the 50-dragon expansion, which is unfortunate, but at least it'll be better for me the next time I expand. Thank you guys so much!!
I was about to be mad since I dropped 1 mil on a lair upgrade just yesterday but now I see I actually saved about 25k. :D Thanks team!
I was about to be mad since I dropped 1 mil on a lair upgrade just yesterday but now I see I actually saved about 25k. :D Thanks team!
fire_rune_50x50.png _ Voslen | she/her | FR+3
Art Thread
Skin Thread (wip)
FR Tumblr
This has soooo made my day. Thanks so much guys.
This has soooo made my day. Thanks so much guys.
d1b7b7a1c5278765c9a5d2f524063c3a.jpg
Not to complain or anything, but why weren't lower tiers also bumped up to account for the new costs? I literally missed out on a bump by 5 spots, but I've paid the same treasure as they did, less 300k. I think everyone should have been adjust accordingly =(
Not to complain or anything, but why weren't lower tiers also bumped up to account for the new costs? I literally missed out on a bump by 5 spots, but I've paid the same treasure as they did, less 300k. I think everyone should have been adjust accordingly =(
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
For the confused among us, when exactly does our purchase match up with our lair slots? Say, for example, I have 50 slots at 200K. The new price is 185K for 55 slots. Will my lair get upgraded now, or at what # of slots will mine level out again?

I'm still quite happy about the price drop for the next tier, I'm just confusered! :P Ping me!

Lol, I'm a derp, I get it now. Still grateful for the cheaper future lair expansions! :3
For the confused among us, when exactly does our purchase match up with our lair slots? Say, for example, I have 50 slots at 200K. The new price is 185K for 55 slots. Will my lair get upgraded now, or at what # of slots will mine level out again?

I'm still quite happy about the price drop for the next tier, I'm just confusered! :P Ping me!

Lol, I'm a derp, I get it now. Still grateful for the cheaper future lair expansions! :3
Ex5pnCI.png
I spent 150k last night to upgrade my lair to 45 spaces, but I'm still at 45 spaces. It makes me wish I didn't upgrade my lair last night as I've essentially lost treasure over this update.
I spent 150k last night to upgrade my lair to 45 spaces, but I'm still at 45 spaces. It makes me wish I didn't upgrade my lair last night as I've essentially lost treasure over this update.
qDavPTk.png
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/knelayout/larichart.png[/img] Someone made this chart to explain why the 5 spaces were awarded the old 60+ lair space prices. ----------- Look at the chart... For those at 55 lair space: You spent: 875k total cost under the old system. 700k total cost is the new system to get to 55 lair space. To get to 60 lair space: 915k total cost under the new system. Puts you out of pocket by 40k in total costs, and so they won't give you 5 extra spaces, simply because the total amount you paid under the old system is still under the 60 lair expansion. However, it costs 85k less to get 60 spaces under the new system. So in a way, as you upgrade, your out of pocket loss becomes weighted out by the total price overall. People at 60 space and above are also out of pocket by 15k-245k depending where they are in lair expansions.
larichart.png

Someone made this chart to explain why the 5 spaces were awarded the old 60+ lair space prices.

Look at the chart... For those at 55 lair space:

You spent:

875k total cost under the old system.
700k total cost is the new system to get to 55 lair space.

To get to 60 lair space:

915k total cost under the new system.

Puts you out of pocket by 40k in total costs, and so they won't give you 5 extra spaces, simply because the total amount you paid under the old system is still under the 60 lair expansion.

However, it costs 85k less to get 60 spaces under the new system. So in a way, as you upgrade, your out of pocket loss becomes weighted out by the total price overall.

People at 60 space and above are also out of pocket by 15k-245k depending where they are in lair expansions.
DoubleImpMagic_zpsb5f81788.png
@papergoodbyes if the difference between the total spent in the new and old system was enough to buy the next lair expansion in the new system you got that lair expansion (or expansions). If the difference wasn't enough to buy the next expansion nothing changed.
@papergoodbyes if the difference between the total spent in the new and old system was enough to buy the next lair expansion in the new system you got that lair expansion (or expansions). If the difference wasn't enough to buy the next expansion nothing changed.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-11-12 02:32:55"]This was our main philosophy in going forward with these changes. We opted to not provide treasure reimbursement for this update, as doing so would put millions, if not billions of treasure into the economy (risking inflation) for users with lairs below 60+, which may not have been used by everyone on lair expansions. [/quote] But isn't inflation what's needed here? More people spending money on dragons, increasing demand, increasing prices? [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-11-12 02:32:55"]Users with lower level lairs may not be receiving tangible 'refunds' via this change, but they are receiving a much sweeter deal on lair expansions going forward, keeping the benefits of the lair adjustments solely within the lair expansion system, and not creating a huge (potentially risky) stimulus.[/quote] Okay, let's look at two users. User A has 55 spaces. User B has 60 spaces. User B now has more spaces and will get a better deal going forward. User A has the same spaces and will get a better deal going forward. So, based on an arbitrary mark, both User A and User B will be reaping the exact same benefits going forward - cheaper lair expansions - but User A has 175,000 treasure floating around in the ether, compared to User B, who is now enjoying full value for the treasure expended. What are you thinking? No, really? You couldn't've given us a day's warning, to allow people to upgrade their lairs to prepare for the change? Congrats, FR. This is literally the first "OMG unfairness" post I have ever made on any forums, and I play MMOs.
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-11-12 02:32:55:
This was our main philosophy in going forward with these changes. We opted to not provide treasure reimbursement for this update, as doing so would put millions, if not billions of treasure into the economy (risking inflation) for users with lairs below 60+, which may not have been used by everyone on lair expansions.

But isn't inflation what's needed here? More people spending money on dragons, increasing demand, increasing prices?
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-11-12 02:32:55:
Users with lower level lairs may not be receiving tangible 'refunds' via this change, but they are receiving a much sweeter deal on lair expansions going forward, keeping the benefits of the lair adjustments solely within the lair expansion system, and not creating a huge (potentially risky) stimulus.

Okay, let's look at two users. User A has 55 spaces. User B has 60 spaces. User B now has more spaces and will get a better deal going forward. User A has the same spaces and will get a better deal going forward.

So, based on an arbitrary mark, both User A and User B will be reaping the exact same benefits going forward - cheaper lair expansions - but User A has 175,000 treasure floating around in the ether, compared to User B, who is now enjoying full value for the treasure expended.

What are you thinking? No, really? You couldn't've given us a day's warning, to allow people to upgrade their lairs to prepare for the change?

Congrats, FR. This is literally the first "OMG unfairness" post I have ever made on any forums, and I play MMOs.

tn0RSo5.png
MUYNhfy.png
gUe2de3.png
x8YqlBy.gif
VHCKxfC.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 50 51