Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Adjustments & New Familiars
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Quote:
To accompany this change, we will also automatically be updating your lair so that your available space correlates with how much you've already paid into the new system. On average, some of you will notice a slight increase in your space, as you'll have already made investment at a lair space tier that has had its price reduced. To further explain this, please see the chart below:

Does that mean that I will get extra slots when I buy more or these will just magically appear in my lair? (I currently have space for 35 dragons)
Quote:
To accompany this change, we will also automatically be updating your lair so that your available space correlates with how much you've already paid into the new system. On average, some of you will notice a slight increase in your space, as you'll have already made investment at a lair space tier that has had its price reduced. To further explain this, please see the chart below:

Does that mean that I will get extra slots when I buy more or these will just magically appear in my lair? (I currently have space for 35 dragons)
@Stupify Sadly the "free" lair spaces only went to people who already had 60 or more lair spaces, due to the fact that they have already paid enough treasure in total to have bought the next set of lair spaces
@Stupify Sadly the "free" lair spaces only went to people who already had 60 or more lair spaces, due to the fact that they have already paid enough treasure in total to have bought the next set of lair spaces
hatchery_banner_by_aveah-d8fs6z7.png
@Rosaliewolf
Thanks for making it clear for me. Duh, tought I'd get more for free.
@Rosaliewolf
Thanks for making it clear for me. Duh, tought I'd get more for free.
Thanks, Rosaliewolf, that answered my question, too.
Thanks, Rosaliewolf, that answered my question, too.
100k is about 2-3 weeks on here for me at least. I don't get tons of time to play the games myself, so I'm basically waiting to earn most of my funds through familiars and occasionally selling items from chests. Maybe I'll be able to buy less food with the new energy system but it takes me ages to earn treasure on here.

I really with we could expand lairs with treasure OR gems...
100k is about 2-3 weeks on here for me at least. I don't get tons of time to play the games myself, so I'm basically waiting to earn most of my funds through familiars and occasionally selling items from chests. Maybe I'll be able to buy less food with the new energy system but it takes me ages to earn treasure on here.

I really with we could expand lairs with treasure OR gems...
banner_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d68nxtf.png
@Wolflette - But... it's so easy to sell gems for treasure, there's an increasingly bad shortage of gems, why would you want to waste them on lair upgrades??? If you want to trade gems for treasure, I'm always happy to buy gems.
@Wolflette - But... it's so easy to sell gems for treasure, there's an increasingly bad shortage of gems, why would you want to waste them on lair upgrades??? If you want to trade gems for treasure, I'm always happy to buy gems.
I breed XXY IMPs!
jFhVofF.png
@sunandshadow
Please message me with your rates! I'm always in need of treasure and working a 60-70+ hours a week job would love to sell off my disposable income for treasure that's hard for me to earn. 8D
@sunandshadow
Please message me with your rates! I'm always in need of treasure and working a 60-70+ hours a week job would love to sell off my disposable income for treasure that's hard for me to earn. 8D
banner_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d68nxtf.png
Sent and traded :)
Sent and traded :)
I breed XXY IMPs!
jFhVofF.png
So I guess I really just have to cut my loss then? I was sorta hoping that the idea of putting the 175k difference (for lairs of 55 prior to update) towards the next lair upgrade could get put into motion and kept stalking the first page for an edit...
Today I finally got the 215k together for the 60 expansion, and though I was hoping to not have to spend the full amount to make up for not getting free lair space, I'll have to, since I'm hatching my first 5 egg nest in 2 days...

It's a bit of a shame. But I guess I'll just have to live with it. Crim and exalting are pretty much my only income, with the occasional lucky dragon sale. I don't even look for dragons in the AH anymore since by the time my investments get me some offspring, prices will have dropped considerably enough - I just can't seem to rake the money I spent back in. Not even the break-even point. Even when double gened, starters seem no more than exalt fodder these days.
I hope that whatever the next update might be, it won't leave such a bitter aftertaste, 'cause I really like this site and I don't want things like this to outweigh the fun to be had. In the long-run I will certainly be able to take advantage of the price-slash, but with the cut-off line at 60+ lairs I just feel a tad mopey, since I'm still far away from huge lairs (or the means to feed more dragons, for that matter, all my gathering turns are used for food at least every second day since my craptop can't handle the flash coliseum and stuff for too long before overheating and dying).

Thanks for the good work though. It's always good to see that the staff listen to some of the users and work on improving things. If naught else, the slower energy decrease is very helpful for me to actually use some turns for digging or scavenging.
So I guess I really just have to cut my loss then? I was sorta hoping that the idea of putting the 175k difference (for lairs of 55 prior to update) towards the next lair upgrade could get put into motion and kept stalking the first page for an edit...
Today I finally got the 215k together for the 60 expansion, and though I was hoping to not have to spend the full amount to make up for not getting free lair space, I'll have to, since I'm hatching my first 5 egg nest in 2 days...

It's a bit of a shame. But I guess I'll just have to live with it. Crim and exalting are pretty much my only income, with the occasional lucky dragon sale. I don't even look for dragons in the AH anymore since by the time my investments get me some offspring, prices will have dropped considerably enough - I just can't seem to rake the money I spent back in. Not even the break-even point. Even when double gened, starters seem no more than exalt fodder these days.
I hope that whatever the next update might be, it won't leave such a bitter aftertaste, 'cause I really like this site and I don't want things like this to outweigh the fun to be had. In the long-run I will certainly be able to take advantage of the price-slash, but with the cut-off line at 60+ lairs I just feel a tad mopey, since I'm still far away from huge lairs (or the means to feed more dragons, for that matter, all my gathering turns are used for food at least every second day since my craptop can't handle the flash coliseum and stuff for too long before overheating and dying).

Thanks for the good work though. It's always good to see that the staff listen to some of the users and work on improving things. If naught else, the slower energy decrease is very helpful for me to actually use some turns for digging or scavenging.
Flamecaller-embersbanner.gif
Well I'm definitely still down a bit... from what was told to us it felt like it was promised that our extra treasure from the old system would count towards our next expansion (agreed, those below 60 slots hadn't earned the next expansion yet, so I was fine without an automatic upsize, but I thought it would still count towards the next one and apparently it doesn't).

So it feels kinda like.... getting a coupon in the mail saying in bold red letters 'FREE PS4 FOR EVERYONE, UNLIMITED STOCK' only to get to the store and be told that, no, that deal is only for people named Aloysious who came in between 1 and 1:15pm on the third Thursday of the month wearing a plaid shirt on backwards. But everybody else still gets a PS4 for a random discount based on an inverse logarithmic function of their birthdate! 8D

But.... it is what it is, and I'm definitely still grateful to be getting the discount going forward.

Also the additional food reduction is extremely welcome; it's not something I would've thought of if I'd been programming this myself, especially since we just recently already had a food reduction, but it does help a little. (especially when the coli cheats and steals triple energy loss (15 pts each dragon for a total of 45) from my dragons after ONE loss in the coli...)

I'm indifferent to the familiars, not because they aren't cute (because they are) but because they're gem familiars and therefore insanely more expensive than regular familiars. If I get my hands on gems, they're going towards gem genes. ^_^'
Well I'm definitely still down a bit... from what was told to us it felt like it was promised that our extra treasure from the old system would count towards our next expansion (agreed, those below 60 slots hadn't earned the next expansion yet, so I was fine without an automatic upsize, but I thought it would still count towards the next one and apparently it doesn't).

So it feels kinda like.... getting a coupon in the mail saying in bold red letters 'FREE PS4 FOR EVERYONE, UNLIMITED STOCK' only to get to the store and be told that, no, that deal is only for people named Aloysious who came in between 1 and 1:15pm on the third Thursday of the month wearing a plaid shirt on backwards. But everybody else still gets a PS4 for a random discount based on an inverse logarithmic function of their birthdate! 8D

But.... it is what it is, and I'm definitely still grateful to be getting the discount going forward.

Also the additional food reduction is extremely welcome; it's not something I would've thought of if I'd been programming this myself, especially since we just recently already had a food reduction, but it does help a little. (especially when the coli cheats and steals triple energy loss (15 pts each dragon for a total of 45) from my dragons after ONE loss in the coli...)

I'm indifferent to the familiars, not because they aren't cute (because they are) but because they're gem familiars and therefore insanely more expensive than regular familiars. If I get my hands on gems, they're going towards gem genes. ^_^'
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51