Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Peacekeeping Apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'm so happy Shock Switch is finally giving out treasure, it's the only way to actually earn the kind of treasure you need to be able to play this game properly. Everything else goes for such a small amount, even baby dragons, that getting the treasure you need to do anything takes aaaaages unless you're willing to spend your entire life on this game.

Also this new apparel is great, I love it.
I'm so happy Shock Switch is finally giving out treasure, it's the only way to actually earn the kind of treasure you need to be able to play this game properly. Everything else goes for such a small amount, even baby dragons, that getting the treasure you need to do anything takes aaaaages unless you're willing to spend your entire life on this game.

Also this new apparel is great, I love it.
Nifty. ...congratulations and condolences to Khamaseen. As for the forum Code of Conduct; It's a good coverage, but could I suggest an additional rule? Here's a quote from Steam's forum rules: [quote](Do not) publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.[/quote] And I'm sad to see that the "Coliseum crashing after failing to load an exalted/sold dragon"-bug isn't listed among the known ones. Some of us have been locked out of the Coliseum for days because of that. [size=2]I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms.[/size]
Nifty.

...congratulations and condolences to Khamaseen.

As for the forum Code of Conduct; It's a good coverage, but could I suggest an additional rule? Here's a quote from Steam's forum rules:
Quote:
(Do not) publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.

And I'm sad to see that the "Coliseum crashing after failing to load an exalted/sold dragon"-bug isn't listed among the known ones. Some of us have been locked out of the Coliseum for days because of that. I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms.
@Xhaztol @Akiri

Since it is not mentioned in the known issues and many of us have been locked out of the Coliseum for days, is the exalted dragon 'battlesprite crash' bug being worked on?

This bug is taking the last 6 pages or so of the official 'Coliseum not loading' thread and while we know you read that thread, a lot of us just want to know what's going on with that :(
@Xhaztol @Akiri

Since it is not mentioned in the known issues and many of us have been locked out of the Coliseum for days, is the exalted dragon 'battlesprite crash' bug being worked on?

This bug is taking the last 6 pages or so of the official 'Coliseum not loading' thread and while we know you read that thread, a lot of us just want to know what's going on with that :(
[quote name="Lomanic" date="2013-07-31 23:16:14" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=7&id=855042#865951"]Great, more apparel, how about the games get fixed and we get Shock switch running already?[/quote] Artistic skill =/= programming/coding skill New apparel is not likely going to be sapping workload from trying to fix the games, as I assume the coding required for apparel is minimal at best, since its variables are smaller than those in the games (or should be, I would think).
Great, more apparel, how about the games get fixed and we get Shock switch running already?

Artistic skill =/= programming/coding skill

New apparel is not likely going to be sapping workload from trying to fix the games, as I assume the coding required for apparel is minimal at best, since its variables are smaller than those in the games (or should be, I would think).
Awesome new apparel, gonna need to throw some treasure at the shopkeep in the next coming days. Lol.

Would love to know when search is back up. As a person who is collecting Gen1's at the mo', search is so vital. D:

Awesome new apparel, gonna need to throw some treasure at the shopkeep in the next coming days. Lol.

Would love to know when search is back up. As a person who is collecting Gen1's at the mo', search is so vital. D:

Looking for a Midnight/Shadow/Shadow first gen with Shadow eyes! Male or Female, both work fine. Nonbred though. PM me for details if you're willing to sell!

QQnBZuq.gif
I'm a little bit unsure about the new apparel... I know it's just meant to be "hippie" but a lot of that was appropriated from Native Indian tradition which has now been bowdlerized and stereotyped beyond recognition. The whole "one with nature" and "keeping the peace" thing is a stereotype too -- a more positive one than in general, but still not great because it holds people to a standard they can't reach.

I know it's just dragons and pixels on the internet, but it's worth thinking about. At the very least, don't come out with so-called "war headdresses" anytime soon xD
I'm a little bit unsure about the new apparel... I know it's just meant to be "hippie" but a lot of that was appropriated from Native Indian tradition which has now been bowdlerized and stereotyped beyond recognition. The whole "one with nature" and "keeping the peace" thing is a stereotype too -- a more positive one than in general, but still not great because it holds people to a standard they can't reach.

I know it's just dragons and pixels on the internet, but it's worth thinking about. At the very least, don't come out with so-called "war headdresses" anytime soon xD
Tumblr
[quote name="axisete" date="2013-08-01 06:15:13" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=855042#869212"]I'm a little bit unsure about the new apparel... I know it's just meant to be "hippie" but a lot of that was appropriated from Native Indian tradition which has now been bowdlerized and stereotyped beyond recognition. The whole "one with nature" and "keeping the peace" thing is a stereotype too -- a more positive one than in general, but still not great because it holds people to a standard they can't reach. I know it's just dragons and pixels on the internet, but it's worth thinking about. At the very least, don't come out with so-called "war headdresses" anytime soon xD[/quote] @axiste I thought that headdresses were the biggest issue, since that's taking something with actual cultural/religious significance, whereas day-to-day wear (like a vest) was fine - the thing I've always heard is that it's OK to wear things like moccasins, etc, since those aren't religious or culturally significant besides being shoes, where headdresses are an issue since they're important and people ignore the meaning. Is there some meaning behind a vest and headband I should be aware of that's being taken advantage of? Sorry if this is a bad place to bring this up. ^^;

@axiste I thought that headdresses were the biggest issue, since that's taking something with actual cultural/religious significance, whereas day-to-day wear (like a vest) was fine - the thing I've always heard is that it's OK to wear things like moccasins, etc, since those aren't religious or culturally significant besides being shoes, where headdresses are an issue since they're important and people ignore the meaning.

Is there some meaning behind a vest and headband I should be aware of that's being taken advantage of?

Sorry if this is a bad place to bring this up. ^^;
y0r4chX.gif
Oh no, hippy dragons.
Oh no, hippy dragons.
Now all we need is a Tye Dye Skin (or gene) and we'll be all set.
Now all we need is a Tye Dye Skin (or gene) and we'll be all set.
@Undel
May I ask how achievements will work concerning stuff like eggs? Like if we find an egg, is that recorded somewhere for future reference or will we have to keep it in our hoard to make sure it'll be counted when achievements are reactivated some day?
@Undel
May I ask how achievements will work concerning stuff like eggs? Like if we find an egg, is that recorded somewhere for future reference or will we have to keep it in our hoard to make sure it'll be counted when achievements are reactivated some day?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10