Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
My big question is: is there a good reason for not replacing Thrage with a new coder? Because I'm sure there are many that would step up to the plate.
My big question is: is there a good reason for not replacing Thrage with a new coder? Because I'm sure there are many that would step up to the plate.
art_banner_by_altinchakal-d9149ft.png
[quote name="Mushalor" date="2013-07-19 14:22:25" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=4&id=609580#610141"][quote name="SunlightWolf" date="2013-07-19 14:14:11" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=609580#610011"]@Mushalor Wow, you are completely ignorant, no trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the term, 'Forgive and forget?' Seriously? He already recognizes his mistakes and he made the choice of stepping down. Of course he is gonna still work on the website! He made amazing games for Flight Rising, and without his games, we probably wouldn't be able to make as much Treasure. He is still a person, whether you like it or not, and he still have feelings. He apologized, he stepped down, and now he's working in the background, what more do you want from him? He can't leave the website fully. He has to work on the game coding himself because he is the one that created them. The staff did all they could, and you should appreciate the fact that everything was taken care of as quickly as possible.[/quote] Ignorance is thinking I should be okay and roll over with what he's done in the past for the chance he [i]might[/i] not do it in the future. Forgive and forget? The vile things he posted are things I hear spat at me and those like me. Not just once. Not a few times. My entire life. There are other coders. There are other people who can be a part of the staff. Also, please try to avoid name-calling. Saying "I'm not trying to be rude" as a prelude but including name-calling is a bit of a folly. I don't care if he's still a person, or still has feelings. He didn't care about mine or those of others. He called us less than human, less than people. He equated my bodily autonomy and my needs as disgusting, self-harmful, and wrong. He dehumanized me and many others. An apology and 'stepping down' does not simply erase that, particularly in light of how he's being allowed to remain as part of the staff in any capacity. [/quote] So the reaction to being dehumanized is to dehumanize the dehumanizer?.... Well played, Mushalor. Well played. *slow clap*
@Mushalor Wow, you are completely ignorant, no trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the term, 'Forgive and forget?' Seriously? He already recognizes his mistakes and he made the choice of stepping down. Of course he is gonna still work on the website! He made amazing games for Flight Rising, and without his games, we probably wouldn't be able to make as much Treasure.

He is still a person, whether you like it or not, and he still have feelings. He apologized, he stepped down, and now he's working in the background, what more do you want from him? He can't leave the website fully. He has to work on the game coding himself because he is the one that created them. The staff did all they could, and you should appreciate the fact that everything was taken care of as quickly as possible.

Ignorance is thinking I should be okay and roll over with what he's done in the past for the chance he might not do it in the future.

Forgive and forget?

The vile things he posted are things I hear spat at me and those like me. Not just once. Not a few times. My entire life.

There are other coders. There are other people who can be a part of the staff.

Also, please try to avoid name-calling. Saying "I'm not trying to be rude" as a prelude but including name-calling is a bit of a folly.

I don't care if he's still a person, or still has feelings. He didn't care about mine or those of others. He called us less than human, less than people. He equated my bodily autonomy and my needs as disgusting, self-harmful, and wrong.

He dehumanized me and many others.

An apology and 'stepping down' does not simply erase that, particularly in light of how he's being allowed to remain as part of the staff in any capacity.

So the reaction to being dehumanized is to dehumanize the dehumanizer?....

Well played, Mushalor. Well played. *slow clap*
A proud Member of the Call of Time Family, though many Flights we span, our ties are never broken.

Visit us on Call of Time!
So all of you guys that are rage quitting, can I have your stuff? :D
So all of you guys that are rage quitting, can I have your stuff? :D
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
i only hope that thrage either steps it up or steps it out. this is a bad mark on his record, but if he's willing to stop being hurtful (and does so), he should be forgiven.

my judgment is going to be reserved until he proves whether or not he's really learned from this. he's seen the outcry and what his statements have caused. if (and only if) he's willing to try to understand, he'll have my respect.
i only hope that thrage either steps it up or steps it out. this is a bad mark on his record, but if he's willing to stop being hurtful (and does so), he should be forgiven.

my judgment is going to be reserved until he proves whether or not he's really learned from this. he's seen the outcry and what his statements have caused. if (and only if) he's willing to try to understand, he'll have my respect.
Thank you for taking this seriously.
Thank you for taking this seriously.
6cpJCwl.png
The power of a million voices.

So long as Thrage learns, that is what matters.

Thank you for making this site what it is, I really do enjoy playing it and will continue to support it.
The power of a million voices.

So long as Thrage learns, that is what matters.

Thank you for making this site what it is, I really do enjoy playing it and will continue to support it.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
Thrage is entirely replacable. I mean, the games are fun but what we do have aren't mind-blowing. I can't imagine that someone wouldn't be able to step up to the plate and do an even better/more innovative job.
Thrage is entirely replacable. I mean, the games are fun but what we do have aren't mind-blowing. I can't imagine that someone wouldn't be able to step up to the plate and do an even better/more innovative job.
Tumblr ! | Accent Thread ! | Fatties !
[quote name="eliskan" date="2013-07-19 14:19:34" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=609580#610089"]@Mushalor - those comments were buried deep in his facebook, and made before this game was launched. Furthermore, as 'corrosive' as they may appear, they were opinions and in no way direct attacks on anyone. He was stating simply his views in a debate that he thought at the time would remain confined to Facebook. You are really demonizing him for saying ONE thing on a website, six months ago, that he very clearly regrets saying. You are demonizing the staff and making everyone appear 'insensitive' to your views. Let me tell you what. I have views too. I believe people have the freedom to share their ideals, no matter how uncomfortable they are. I believe you're being completely insensitive to this opinion. He is not 'discriminating' against your community, his beliefs have NEVER bled through to his professional work, and yet you continue to hunt him down with a pitchfork and a torch screaming for blood. Just quit, if you can't handle it. Get off the site. For everyone's sake.[/quote] To you, and to the rest stating I am demonizing, witch-hunting, etcetera. I suppose that I am speaking to a brick wall, and one that refuses to actually read what I write. However, this is not about "one" thing. He posted many, many, many vile things. They are preserved because this is the internet, regardless of his deletion of them. I find it laughably cruel and sad that I am the one being accused of insensitivity and blaming other staff. I think Akiri and Undel have handled this remarkably well given the circumstances, and I do not believe them to be at fault. I do not wish to see more strain put on any of them. I do not wish for them to have to deal with this. Unfortunately, there's little recourse. Further: Akiri [i]asked[/i] for us to state our concerns right there in the news post. @Akiri I don't think I can stomach responding further at this point. You have my concerns, dismissed and misread and skewered as they are being turned into.
@Mushalor - those comments were buried deep in his facebook, and made before this game was launched. Furthermore, as 'corrosive' as they may appear, they were opinions and in no way direct attacks on anyone. He was stating simply his views in a debate that he thought at the time would remain confined to Facebook.

You are really demonizing him for saying ONE thing on a website, six months ago, that he very clearly regrets saying. You are demonizing the staff and making everyone appear 'insensitive' to your views.

Let me tell you what. I have views too. I believe people have the freedom to share their ideals, no matter how uncomfortable they are. I believe you're being completely insensitive to this opinion. He is not 'discriminating' against your community, his beliefs have NEVER bled through to his professional work, and yet you continue to hunt him down with a pitchfork and a torch screaming for blood.

Just quit, if you can't handle it. Get off the site. For everyone's sake.

To you, and to the rest stating I am demonizing, witch-hunting, etcetera. I suppose that I am speaking to a brick wall, and one that refuses to actually read what I write.

However, this is not about "one" thing. He posted many, many, many vile things. They are preserved because this is the internet, regardless of his deletion of them.

I find it laughably cruel and sad that I am the one being accused of insensitivity and blaming other staff. I think Akiri and Undel have handled this remarkably well given the circumstances, and I do not believe them to be at fault. I do not wish to see more strain put on any of them. I do not wish for them to have to deal with this.

Unfortunately, there's little recourse.

Further: Akiri asked for us to state our concerns right there in the news post.

@Akiri

I don't think I can stomach responding further at this point. You have my concerns, dismissed and misread and skewered as they are being turned into.
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
Well one thing is for sure, I think people are figuring out who they don't want to associate with anymore on the site and off (like Tumblr) because of this mess. Peoples true colors are showing, and some are ugly. =|

Anyways, thanks to the Admins again for the swift and professional response. I think having him in the back with just doing coding is something I'll be fine with.
Well one thing is for sure, I think people are figuring out who they don't want to associate with anymore on the site and off (like Tumblr) because of this mess. Peoples true colors are showing, and some are ugly. =|

Anyways, thanks to the Admins again for the swift and professional response. I think having him in the back with just doing coding is something I'll be fine with.
NHzYzMb.png
@eliskan
yeah, alright. try to tell me that when youve experience what a trans* person has to go through, seeing people say stuff like this every single day of your life and not even being able to go on a pet site without someone telling you youre "not really x gender" or "just a x pretending to be an x". tell me that when people like you have literally been murdered by people with "opinions" similar to his

no one is being irrational, but i wouldnt expect you to be able to understand
@eliskan
yeah, alright. try to tell me that when youve experience what a trans* person has to go through, seeing people say stuff like this every single day of your life and not even being able to go on a pet site without someone telling you youre "not really x gender" or "just a x pretending to be an x". tell me that when people like you have literally been murdered by people with "opinions" similar to his

no one is being irrational, but i wouldnt expect you to be able to understand
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18