Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Server Modifications PART DEUX
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32 33
I appreciate your codesmithing-magic, Akiri!
I appreciate your codesmithing-magic, Akiri!
Sorry for the wait. Coliseum should be back.
Sorry for the wait. Coliseum should be back.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
[quote name="ZairaWolfe" date="2013-07-15 03:26:11" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=4&id=526858#532097"]I don't know if this is supposed to be happening, but I can't access the Coliseum. I get the loading screen for it and it says 'connecting' but that's all it does. I can access the fairgrounds without any problems though. Is there something wrong with the coliseum?[/quote] Getting same for coliseum... and now I get this message again for puzzles and runestones <.<
I don&#039;t know if this is supposed to be happening, but I can&#039;t access the Coliseum. I get the loading screen for it and it says &#039;connecting&#039; but that&#039;s all it does. I can access the fairgrounds without any problems though. Is there something wrong with the coliseum?
Getting same for coliseum...
and now I get this message again for puzzles and runestones <.<
PoU9kzE.png003_zpsb9abf975.gif
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/1971216http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1969869
The Coliseum is not supposed to be loading. Akiri took it down temporarily. It says so in the first post...

Edit: Ninja&#039;d by a fire breathing goose thing by like ten minutes, I am a disgrace...

The lag will not completely disappear instantly because a few modifications were made. Akiri does not have a Magic Wand of Mechanical Miracles. It will take quite a few small adjustments over time to optimize the server for speed, especially when handling high traffic. The lagging/loading issue isn&#039;t the kind of thing that can just be fixed with a single simple action, because it&#039;s not the kind of problem with a simple solution, it will take a lot of work and time... and patience from us.
The Coliseum is not supposed to be loading. Akiri took it down temporarily. It says so in the first post...

Edit: Ninja&#039;d by a fire breathing goose thing by like ten minutes, I am a disgrace...

The lag will not completely disappear instantly because a few modifications were made. Akiri does not have a Magic Wand of Mechanical Miracles. It will take quite a few small adjustments over time to optimize the server for speed, especially when handling high traffic. The lagging/loading issue isn&#039;t the kind of thing that can just be fixed with a single simple action, because it&#039;s not the kind of problem with a simple solution, it will take a lot of work and time... and patience from us.
IiQiWPn.pngbfEyFxs.pngkqf9y5Z.pngGZlWKfO.pngCWIUaHz.png43xqIhP.pngmdKE3mR.png0WN7RG0.pngfpCIsza.pngS8TNA1X.pngwZbURwQ.png
YAY thank you!
YAY thank you!
windflight_zpsd8c8bf0c.png
The site&#039;s running almost perfectly for me now, this is brilliant.

I say and then it hits over 1050 users and goes back to lagging. No where near as bad as before, currently.
The site&#039;s running almost perfectly for me now, this is brilliant.

I say and then it hits over 1050 users and goes back to lagging. No where near as bad as before, currently.
Thanks for the update! Keep up the hard work, I would like to send you snacks!
Thanks for the update! Keep up the hard work, I would like to send you snacks!
Hm...on the whole the site doesn&#039;t really seem any faster to me. In fact a couple of times I&#039;ve had a particularly annoying thing happen when loading. The banner and side bar loads, the background to the page loads, and the rest of the page loads, and loads, and loads. I get tired of this and refresh the page. Right before it refreshes I get a flash of the fully loaded page, then the page is refreshed and I&#039;m back to having the banner, sidebar, and background. It&#039;s almost like a curtain that&#039;s supposed to go up and reveal the rest of the content but is staying stubbornly down until right before the page refreshes when I try. In order to use the pages I had to wait, refresh, then quickly hit the Esc button right before the page refreshed so that that curtain was up. Only then could I use the page I was on.

One time this happened I got distracted for awhile and when I came back the page was fully loaded so maybe it&#039;s just being really slow loading when that happens, but that is a long load time. It&#039;s at least 15-30 seconds, which shouldn&#039;t be a lot but is in this day and age. I hope maybe this info is useful to you guys; I very much love the site and think it&#039;ll be great once all the bumps are smoothed out. Well really it&#039;s great already but the bumps are like rust on a car, kinda dulling the coolness with the frustration they cause. Maybe a bad analogy but all I could think of.
Hm...on the whole the site doesn&#039;t really seem any faster to me. In fact a couple of times I&#039;ve had a particularly annoying thing happen when loading. The banner and side bar loads, the background to the page loads, and the rest of the page loads, and loads, and loads. I get tired of this and refresh the page. Right before it refreshes I get a flash of the fully loaded page, then the page is refreshed and I&#039;m back to having the banner, sidebar, and background. It&#039;s almost like a curtain that&#039;s supposed to go up and reveal the rest of the content but is staying stubbornly down until right before the page refreshes when I try. In order to use the pages I had to wait, refresh, then quickly hit the Esc button right before the page refreshed so that that curtain was up. Only then could I use the page I was on.

One time this happened I got distracted for awhile and when I came back the page was fully loaded so maybe it&#039;s just being really slow loading when that happens, but that is a long load time. It&#039;s at least 15-30 seconds, which shouldn&#039;t be a lot but is in this day and age. I hope maybe this info is useful to you guys; I very much love the site and think it&#039;ll be great once all the bumps are smoothed out. Well really it&#039;s great already but the bumps are like rust on a car, kinda dulling the coolness with the frustration they cause. Maybe a bad analogy but all I could think of.
2h84i0x.png
Higher speeds will be nice to have once again! Thanks for your hard work!
Higher speeds will be nice to have once again! Thanks for your hard work!
@Akiri

the games and coliseum are low quality and slow. I hope you can fix that *U*

<33 Thank you for all the hard work and such! ;u;
@Akiri

the games and coliseum are low quality and slow. I hope you can fix that *U*

<33 Thank you for all the hard work and such! ;u;
headerrr.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32 33