Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 100 101
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 09:46:22" ] [quote name="starrywishy" date="2023-07-19 09:38:27" ] Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening [/quote] @starrywishy, yes, you are correct that in the thread that is the case. It [b][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoB4cfKoovs]was mentioned in every livestream for the breed[/url][/b] but we agree, we could have, should have been clearer in the Flight Rising Discussion thread and that is documented for retrospective. That being said, if the point is precedent, the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2930863%20#post_2930863]Veilspun gem breed release set the precedent of a special retiring item[/url][/b], not a free breed change scroll or egg for gem breeds. [/quote] Idk I think it's really unreasonable to assume people can make livestreams, first off. If info is that important I think it should be on the site For precedent, that makes sense, but it's also been three years since that release and I don't think its unreasonable that some people assumed the freebies were the new overall precedent
Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 09:46:22:
starrywishy wrote on 2023-07-19 09:38:27:
Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening

@starrywishy, yes, you are correct that in the thread that is the case. It was mentioned in every livestream for the breed but we agree, we could have, should have been clearer in the Flight Rising Discussion thread and that is documented for retrospective. That being said, if the point is precedent, the Veilspun gem breed release set the precedent of a special retiring item, not a free breed change scroll or egg for gem breeds.

Idk I think it's really unreasonable to assume people can make livestreams, first off. If info is that important I think it should be on the site

For precedent, that makes sense, but it's also been three years since that release and I don't think its unreasonable that some people assumed the freebies were the new overall precedent
[quote name="Monako" date="2023-07-19 09:41:53" ] [quote name="starrywishy" date="2023-07-19 09:38:27" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 09:35:28" ] [quote name="kimnoodles" date="2023-07-19 09:15:43" ] Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3 That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)! That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all! [/quote] Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2930863%20#post_2930863]Veilspun ancient breed release[/url][/b]. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238540#post_3238540]What to know about Ancient Breed #7[/url][/b], which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less. [/quote] Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening [/quote] That uhh...that's usually what available in the gem market means. [emoji=skull size=1] Like it implies you need gems to get it. [/quote] Sorry to jump in I just kind of wanted to add - I myself, for example, am neurodivergent and I'm a very casual player and was not around for the Veilspun release, not everyone can see the subtext of "this release is exclusively for the gem marketplace and will have no free egg/scroll this time" from the phrase "available in gem marketplace" tbh /gen I know the same isn't true for all other users of course but for the people like myself and similar it's a little difficult when it isn't said plainly, even if they've been around for as long as I have ):
Monako wrote on 2023-07-19 09:41:53:
starrywishy wrote on 2023-07-19 09:38:27:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 09:35:28:
kimnoodles wrote on 2023-07-19 09:15:43:

Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3

That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)!

That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all!

Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the Veilspun ancient breed release. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the What to know about Ancient Breed #7, which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less.

Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening

That uhh...that's usually what available in the gem market means. Like it implies you need gems to get it.

Sorry to jump in I just kind of wanted to add - I myself, for example, am neurodivergent and I'm a very casual player and was not around for the Veilspun release, not everyone can see the subtext of "this release is exclusively for the gem marketplace and will have no free egg/scroll this time" from the phrase "available in gem marketplace" tbh /gen

I know the same isn't true for all other users of course but for the people like myself and similar it's a little difficult when it isn't said plainly, even if they've been around for as long as I have ):
akahishiro_by_nulliusnominis-da8ackn.png
[quote name="Twilightmyst" date="2023-07-19 09:48:38" ] Sorry to jump in I just kind of wanted to add - I myself, for example, am neurodivergent and I'm a very casual player and was not around for the Veilspun release, not everyone can see the subtext of "this release is exclusively for the gem marketplace and will have no freebies" from the phrase "available in gem marketplace" tbh /gen I know the same isn't true for all other users of course but for the people like myself and similar it's a little difficult when it isn't said plainly, even if they've been around for as long as I have ): [/quote] Thank you actually because im in the same boat (being autistic and adhd) and someone who had taken a year off during the veil release.
Twilightmyst wrote on 2023-07-19 09:48:38:

Sorry to jump in I just kind of wanted to add - I myself, for example, am neurodivergent and I'm a very casual player and was not around for the Veilspun release, not everyone can see the subtext of "this release is exclusively for the gem marketplace and will have no freebies" from the phrase "available in gem marketplace" tbh /gen

I know the same isn't true for all other users of course but for the people like myself and similar it's a little difficult when it isn't said plainly, even if they've been around for as long as I have ):

Thank you actually because im in the same boat (being autistic and adhd) and someone who had taken a year off during the veil release.
[quote name="Floragato" date="2023-07-19 09:40:10" ][snip] Also what’s with all the aquatic themed genes? We just had Undertide s, it feels like recycled ideas, and so many good lost opportunities. I get the ‘sand shark’ schtik but that’s all that was needed. [snip][/quote] Admittedly I was thinking this too. Augment is a really cool tert and I was hoping we'd get a techy/sci fi style primary and secondary too to go along with that theme. Instead it seems that's the only gene that really makes me think Lightning flight, engineers, creators etc.
Floragato wrote on 2023-07-19 09:40:10:
[snip]
Also what’s with all the aquatic themed genes? We just had Undertide s, it feels like recycled ideas, and so many good lost opportunities. I get the ‘sand shark’ schtik but that’s all that was needed.
[snip]

Admittedly I was thinking this too. Augment is a really cool tert and I was hoping we'd get a techy/sci fi style primary and secondary too to go along with that theme. Instead it seems that's the only gene that really makes me think Lightning flight, engineers, creators etc.
ROBOT DRAGONS ROBOT DRAGONS ROBOT DRAGONS I REPEAT WE NOW HAVE ROBOT DRAGONS
ROBOT DRAGONS ROBOT DRAGONS ROBOT DRAGONS I REPEAT WE NOW HAVE ROBOT DRAGONS
maka - they/them - fr +3

FObX7rS.png R1dejfm.png o4KdtaP.png
[quote name="Lurantis" date="2023-07-19 07:35:43" ] WAWW THEYRE GORGEOUS ..i am however somewhat irritated we dont get any starting free eggs or scrolls for the new breeds like weve gotten for uh. practically every other new dragon. [/quote] I was hoping to see someone else sharing this sentiment!! ???? Like... The *only* way to get them is through purchase...? So they're basically a premium breed? ???? I'm in love with them but I'm disappointed since we've gotten eggs and/or scrolls before. [quote name="Kiryu777" date="2023-07-19 09:19:15" ] Gonna say the same thing I said when the Veilspun dragons dropped, people are allowed to be disappointed/bummed/upset that the new ancient breed is locked behind a paywall. Yes, Flight Rising needs to make their money, I get that. But not everyone has thousands of gems at their disposal nor does everyone have the time or money to sink into the game in order to get gems more efficiently. Plus, some people prefer a more casual play style. Also notice, like last time, the people saying how easy it is to get gems seem to be the hardcore players who have plenty of time/money to sink into the site. Again, I understand that Flight Rising is a business and thus needs money, but it still sucks when so many of us have to miss out on the hype and celebration for a new breed because said breed is locked behind a paywall. [/quote] ^^^^^^^
Lurantis wrote on 2023-07-19 07:35:43:
WAWW THEYRE GORGEOUS

..i am however somewhat irritated we dont get any starting free eggs or scrolls for the new breeds like weve gotten for uh. practically every other new dragon.
I was hoping to see someone else sharing this sentiment!! ???? Like... The *only* way to get them is through purchase...? So they're basically a premium breed? ???? I'm in love with them but I'm disappointed since we've gotten eggs and/or scrolls before.
Kiryu777 wrote on 2023-07-19 09:19:15:
Gonna say the same thing I said when the Veilspun dragons dropped, people are allowed to be disappointed/bummed/upset that the new ancient breed is locked behind a paywall. Yes, Flight Rising needs to make their money, I get that. But not everyone has thousands of gems at their disposal nor does everyone have the time or money to sink into the game in order to get gems more efficiently. Plus, some people prefer a more casual play style. Also notice, like last time, the people saying how easy it is to get gems seem to be the hardcore players who have plenty of time/money to sink into the site.

Again, I understand that Flight Rising is a business and thus needs money, but it still sucks when so many of us have to miss out on the hype and celebration for a new breed because said breed is locked behind a paywall.

^^^^^^^
"You are valuable because you exist."
I'm excited to mess around with these dragons and see what beauties I can make :D Scrying workship here I come
I'm excited to mess around with these dragons and see what beauties I can make :D Scrying workship here I come
78150769_mzjTR2KLyJusSDb.png
[quote name="SneakyCryptid" date="2023-07-19 07:42:10" ] I just hope we get eggs or scrolls when Nature ancient comes [/quote] Same, m8
SneakyCryptid wrote on 2023-07-19 07:42:10:
I just hope we get eggs or scrolls when Nature ancient comes
Same, m8
1l3ppWD.png
So cool! Glad to be actually active on the site now and seeing a new ancient breed drop… very exciting! They look awesome.
So cool! Glad to be actually active on the site now and seeing a new ancient breed drop… very exciting! They look awesome.
they/them ~ hobby artist
42990.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 100 101