Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 100 101
I LOVE THEM
I LOVE THEM
Call me basic but once I can get my hands on one, scroll or otherwise, I'm gonna make a tremors themed one
Call me basic but once I can get my hands on one, scroll or otherwise, I'm gonna make a tremors themed one
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
These guys are so cool, I'm definitely getting my hands on one in a few weeks
These guys are so cool, I'm definitely getting my hands on one in a few weeks
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 09:35:28" ] [quote name="kimnoodles" date="2023-07-19 09:15:43" ] Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3 That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)! That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all! [/quote] Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2930863%20#post_2930863]Veilspun ancient breed release[/url][/b]. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238540#post_3238540]What to know about Ancient Breed #7[/url][/b], which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less. [/quote] Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening
Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 09:35:28:
kimnoodles wrote on 2023-07-19 09:15:43:

Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3

That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)!

That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all!

Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the Veilspun ancient breed release. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the What to know about Ancient Breed #7, which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less.

Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 09:35:28" ] Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2930863%20#post_2930863]Veilspun ancient breed release[/url][/b]. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238540#post_3238540]What to know about Ancient Breed #7[/url][/b], which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less. [/quote] This absolutely does help, thank you! I did miss that information and had previously been thinking the precedent was scrolls and eggs specifically (I joined just after the veilspun release so I think that’s why I was under that impression), so I can see where the misunderstanding came from. Thanks for clearing things up, I really appreciate it!
Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the Veilspun ancient breed release. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the What to know about Ancient Breed #7, which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less.

This absolutely does help, thank you! I did miss that information and had previously been thinking the precedent was scrolls and eggs specifically (I joined just after the veilspun release so I think that’s why I was under that impression), so I can see where the misunderstanding came from. Thanks for clearing things up, I really appreciate it!
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
I don't want to repeat myself again but -

The "precedent" has been broken before. With Veilspun. We did not get any freebies upon the Veilspun release, why would it be different for the Sandsurge? We will get freebies if it's a non-gem breed. That is the case and always has been the case.

AND EVEN THEN, the prices will drop. It's not like the Sandsurge are on limited time. If you're unable or unwilling to drop $10 or don't have the time to make money to get the breed for whatever reason, THAT IS FINE. Patience will reward you.
I don't want to repeat myself again but -

The "precedent" has been broken before. With Veilspun. We did not get any freebies upon the Veilspun release, why would it be different for the Sandsurge? We will get freebies if it's a non-gem breed. That is the case and always has been the case.

AND EVEN THEN, the prices will drop. It's not like the Sandsurge are on limited time. If you're unable or unwilling to drop $10 or don't have the time to make money to get the breed for whatever reason, THAT IS FINE. Patience will reward you.
I was fully ready that there wont be free scrolls or eggs, so I bought couple of G1s in preparation.

What I wasnt ready for - none of these G1 are good for this breed (imo)

Ended up buying one G1 for 50g off AH.
I was fully ready that there wont be free scrolls or eggs, so I bought couple of G1s in preparation.

What I wasnt ready for - none of these G1 are good for this breed (imo)

Ended up buying one G1 for 50g off AH.
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
[quote name="starrywishy" date="2023-07-19 09:38:27" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 09:35:28" ] [quote name="kimnoodles" date="2023-07-19 09:15:43" ] Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3 That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)! That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all! [/quote] Hello @kimnoodles, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2930863%20#post_2930863]Veilspun ancient breed release[/url][/b]. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238540#post_3238540]What to know about Ancient Breed #7[/url][/b], which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less. [/quote] Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening [/quote] That uhh...that's usually what available in the gem market means. [emoji=skull size=1] Like it implies you need gems to get it.
starrywishy wrote on 2023-07-19 09:38:27:
kimnoodles wrote on 2023-07-19 09:15:43:

Thanks for replying to everyone’s feedback so quickly, the responsiveness is really nice to see <3

That said, with all due respect, I think the problem people are having is less that the new breed costs gems (I mean, other breeds also cost gems, that’s nothing new after all) and more that there’s a precedent for ancient breed freebies, so people are shocked/disappointed that that’s not the case for the sandsurges. Admittedly I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of us understand that we’re not entitled to new dragons and that the site needs money to function and pay its staff; it’s just disappointing to have that precedent for astounding free-to-play accessibility be so suddenly subverted, especially to those of us who simply don’t have the money to spend on this game. We just feel a bit left out, that’s all. Hopefully I articulated that okay (and am not overgeneralizing how people feel)!

That said, I think most (probably all) people on this site appreciate what you guys do; I want to make that clear even though people are upset, we’re still glad to be getting new dragons at all!

Ok to be fair you just say "available in gem marketplace", that only implies thats where we'll be able to get the scrolls. I dont see any mention of there not being any 'free' way to get the ancient - thats likely where the miscommunication is happening

That uhh...that's usually what available in the gem market means. Like it implies you need gems to get it.
That Shark tert got me - so cool [emoji=heart size=1]
That Shark tert got me - so cool
6YousWl.pngLCqISMP.pngfX0bVgZ.pngsh5xjiu.pngqOI0yVu.png

"The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

@Monako I think you're misunderstanding me. Obviously we will need gems to get MORE scrolls in the future, which is what I assumed "Available in gem marketplace" to mean. I'm saying that expecting newer players to make the connection that "available in gem marketplace = you arent getting the one free scroll, you will HAVE to buy gems or from auction house to get this new ancient" is unreasonable.
@Monako I think you're misunderstanding me. Obviously we will need gems to get MORE scrolls in the future, which is what I assumed "Available in gem marketplace" to mean. I'm saying that expecting newer players to make the connection that "available in gem marketplace = you arent getting the one free scroll, you will HAVE to buy gems or from auction house to get this new ancient" is unreasonable.
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 100 101