Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65 66
:)
:)
13ulbasaur.gif vRisyDR.png
Conflict is mainly what makes a work of fiction interesting. I hope the devs don't completely forget that...

With that said I can comfortably say thank goodness they are reworking the Beastclan lore. The old lore made me so uncomfortable and for a long time I had a hard time placing why.
But this is also why forgiveness and patience is so important. Because people can change and grow. I love seeing the positive change and growth.
Conflict is mainly what makes a work of fiction interesting. I hope the devs don't completely forget that...

With that said I can comfortably say thank goodness they are reworking the Beastclan lore. The old lore made me so uncomfortable and for a long time I had a hard time placing why.
But this is also why forgiveness and patience is so important. Because people can change and grow. I love seeing the positive change and growth.
ePOliyb.png LCqISMP.png tqGkHih.png
waterbanner3small_zps7cfa6105.png
8RpXJQ5.png
[quote name="InkSphynx" date="2022-12-14 12:18:38" ] 16 year old me who was dogpiled, swarmed by pedants and accused of racism against white europeans for voicing her discomfort with the old lore is ecstatic, btw. seriously, im so glad this is being changed. its incredibly refreshing to have a game comapny actually acknowledge stuff like this [/quote] You're kidding. People witch hunted you because you spoke out against problematic game lore which made you a villain? People accused you of being racist against white people??? Ugh, I apologise on behalf of humanity, people can suck sometimes
InkSphynx wrote on 2022-12-14 12:18:38:
16 year old me who was dogpiled, swarmed by pedants and accused of racism against white europeans for voicing her discomfort with the old lore is ecstatic, btw.

seriously, im so glad this is being changed. its incredibly refreshing to have a game comapny actually acknowledge stuff like this
You're kidding. People witch hunted you because you spoke out against problematic game lore which made you a villain? People accused you of being racist against white people???
Ugh, I apologise on behalf of humanity, people can suck sometimes
Lichtdrache.gif
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-12-14 12:53:34" ] [quote name="Orionis" date="2022-12-14 12:52:02" ] [quote name="AnnieFelis" date="2022-12-14 12:11:01" ] I never saw our dragons as the "bad guys" or their fights with the Beastclans as colonialism. I was always under the impression that they were different peoples that shared land and had to fight over resources, and the dragons weren't stealing any more than the Beastclans were. But it's your site, and you do you. [/quote] Kind of this...? There'll always be chances of parallels between fiction of any kind and things that happend (or still happen) in real life. It is something impossible to avoid - unless people completely stop writing any sort of stories. And before anyone understands me wrong: No, I do not agree with colonialism and forcing anyone to be someone else but themselves. I also do not dislike or hate on the change. [/quote] the beastclans were living in established areas, the dragons were a created and introduced non native species that were killing them and stealing their land as a first instinct allowed and encouraged by the deities instead of attempting peace at first the way that the topic was approached was bad. i think erasing any semblance of it is also bad. i think it would be better to establish in lore that as time progressed, more peace has come between the dragons and beastclans, because regardless there will be pockets of fighting [/quote] I was struggling to express my opinions, but what @/hungryhobbits said explains my feelings perfectly. I agree changes needed to be made, but completely retconning it also feels wrong. It makes the world far less interesting and colourful, especially when the sole "badness" that exists now is implied to only be the Shade. As if nothing else can cause bad things to happen. That's not how sapient beings work, ever. Where there is higher intelligence, there is the propensity for evil. Making it - in implication, anyway - solely possible through Shade-corruption is just boring.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-12-14 12:53:34:
Orionis wrote on 2022-12-14 12:52:02:
AnnieFelis wrote on 2022-12-14 12:11:01:
I never saw our dragons as the "bad guys" or their fights with the Beastclans as colonialism. I was always under the impression that they were different peoples that shared land and had to fight over resources, and the dragons weren't stealing any more than the Beastclans were. But it's your site, and you do you.
Kind of this...? There'll always be chances of parallels between fiction of any kind and things that happend (or still happen) in real life. It is something impossible to avoid - unless people completely stop writing any sort of stories.
And before anyone understands me wrong: No, I do not agree with colonialism and forcing anyone to be someone else but themselves. I also do not dislike or hate on the change.
the beastclans were living in established areas, the dragons were a created and introduced non native species that were killing them and stealing their land as a first instinct allowed and encouraged by the deities instead of attempting peace at first

the way that the topic was approached was bad. i think erasing any semblance of it is also bad. i think it would be better to establish in lore that as time progressed, more peace has come between the dragons and beastclans, because regardless there will be pockets of fighting

I was struggling to express my opinions, but what @/hungryhobbits said explains my feelings perfectly. I agree changes needed to be made, but completely retconning it also feels wrong. It makes the world far less interesting and colourful, especially when the sole "badness" that exists now is implied to only be the Shade. As if nothing else can cause bad things to happen. That's not how sapient beings work, ever. Where there is higher intelligence, there is the propensity for evil. Making it - in implication, anyway - solely possible through Shade-corruption is just boring.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
The art on the encyclopedia page is absolutely beautiful and is giving me life. I hope we'll get more art like that for all the beastclans. I always find that sort of snapshot art wonderful.

Thank you for updating the lore and keeping the old up for accountability. That is a lovely demonstration of progress :)

Now pardon me while I put all my permababs in little nests bc that scene is adorable
The art on the encyclopedia page is absolutely beautiful and is giving me life. I hope we'll get more art like that for all the beastclans. I always find that sort of snapshot art wonderful.

Thank you for updating the lore and keeping the old up for accountability. That is a lovely demonstration of progress :)

Now pardon me while I put all my permababs in little nests bc that scene is adorable
vDH0pGc.png
I'm pleasantly surprised, looking forward to see the future beastclan lore!
I'm pleasantly surprised, looking forward to see the future beastclan lore!
EBzxWRy.png *
Wishlist
FR+3
Collecting Mammertee Plushes
alMN0i2.png vfbW8E9.png
I wonder if this means the whole "yeeting familiars into the cauldron" thing will be removed and reworked. I sure hope so. Because that's always made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
I wonder if this means the whole "yeeting familiars into the cauldron" thing will be removed and reworked. I sure hope so. Because that's always made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
PFU56VO.png
I can't speak of the undertones as someone who is not indigenous but thank you for an acknowledgement of what went wrong, formal apology and a plan to do better. Much respect for the team, as always <3
I can't speak of the undertones as someone who is not indigenous but thank you for an acknowledgement of what went wrong, formal apology and a plan to do better. Much respect for the team, as always <3
BXnGYeU.png
PVehrz5.png
LRdLP2V.png
I think this is a really good idea and I am yet again glad for the dev teams level-headed, mature approach to dealing with conflicts and issues. I look forward to meeting the re-worked beastclans! [emoji=heart size=1]
I think this is a really good idea and I am yet again glad for the dev teams level-headed, mature approach to dealing with conflicts and issues.

I look forward to meeting the re-worked beastclans!
aKHNXwM.png
New lore!!!! And what a beautiful scene omg
New lore!!!! And what a beautiful scene omg
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65 66