Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Festival 2022
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
it's my month now!!!

Happy flameforgers!! :D
it's my month now!!!

Happy flameforgers!! :D
F4fc8q9.png
[quote name="saltypie" date="2022-08-30 06:48:28" ] [quote name="Beja" date="2022-08-30 05:56:24" ] Rip, the original skin name of 'belly of the beast' was fine tbh. [/quote] Be careful talking about this, I just got an account warning for "Trolling" by essentially saying the same thing. The devs also said any comments like these will be deleted. [/quote] Wow :I but thanks for the heads up
saltypie wrote on 2022-08-30 06:48:28:
Beja wrote on 2022-08-30 05:56:24:
Rip, the original skin name of 'belly of the beast' was fine tbh.

Be careful talking about this, I just got an account warning for "Trolling" by essentially saying the same thing. The devs also said any comments like these will be deleted.

Wow :I but thanks for the heads up
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72799227][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/727993/72799227_350.png[/img][/url] Happy Flameforger's Festival!
72799227_350.png
Happy Flameforger's Festival!
Yo, i'm just a dude existing in the void,
the voice that yells back when you yell into the void
Happy Flameforger's loves!!

Could someone please confirm these chests are actually dropping in Coli still? I've been in Scorched Forest and Volcanic Vents for two hours now with none o_o Never had that happen before.
Happy Flameforger's loves!!

Could someone please confirm these chests are actually dropping in Coli still? I've been in Scorched Forest and Volcanic Vents for two hours now with none o_o Never had that happen before.
oQTeZuq.png
[quote name="EmmTheDM" date="2022-08-28 06:41:22" ] That ridgeback accent is straight up the same accent from last month, but red. Pretty lazy ngl. [item=Accent: conflagrant blaze] [item=Accent: voltvolley blitz] Edit: I’ll clarify, the artwork is great, it’s just that the concept is exactly the same which I consider to be lazy. The appeal of skins/accents is to give players a wide variety of ways to dress up their dragons, so having the exact same accent but in red is not only boring, but claims a spot that could have been awarded to something new and unique. I only consider varieties of skins to be bad when they’re officially selected. I’ve seen a lot of accents come in different colors, but that was when the creator chose to make a bunch of accents on their own. Sets of accents are fine when they aren’t competing for a limited number of fest slots. Edit 2: Seriously?? How does this keep happening?? [item=Accent: Glacial Epoch] [item=Accent: Gladeveined Promenade] I mean granted, the greenskeeper one is at least unique looking, but seriously. How?? Why?? [/quote] Im sure the artist appreciates others complaining that their work got selected to win.
EmmTheDM wrote on 2022-08-28 06:41:22:
That ridgeback accent is straight up the same accent from last month, but red. Pretty lazy ngl.
Accent: conflagrant blaze
Accent: voltvolley blitz

Edit: I’ll clarify, the artwork is great, it’s just that the concept is exactly the same which I consider to be lazy. The appeal of skins/accents is to give players a wide variety of ways to dress up their dragons, so having the exact same accent but in red is not only boring, but claims a spot that could have been awarded to something new and unique.

I only consider varieties of skins to be bad when they’re officially selected. I’ve seen a lot of accents come in different colors, but that was when the creator chose to make a bunch of accents on their own. Sets of accents are fine when they aren’t competing for a limited number of fest slots.

Edit 2:
Seriously?? How does this keep happening??
Accent: Glacial Epoch
Accent: Gladeveined Promenade

I mean granted, the greenskeeper one is at least unique looking, but seriously. How?? Why??

Im sure the artist appreciates others complaining that their work got selected to win.
I love that Joxar has a different element-themed outfit for each festival, I'm looking forward to seeing the other ones as the year goes on!

If it ever gets turned into apparel for our dragons I'm definitely going to deck out my entire lair in it!
I love that Joxar has a different element-themed outfit for each festival, I'm looking forward to seeing the other ones as the year goes on!

If it ever gets turned into apparel for our dragons I'm definitely going to deck out my entire lair in it!
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
[quote name="EmmTheDM" date="2022-08-28 06:41:22" ] That ridgeback accent is straight up the same accent from last month, but red. Pretty lazy ngl. Edit: I’ll clarify, the artwork is great, it’s just that the concept is exactly the same which I consider to be lazy. The appeal of skins/accents is to give players a wide variety of ways to dress up their dragons, so having the exact same accent but in red is not only boring, but claims a spot that could have been awarded to something new and unique. I only consider varieties of skins to be bad when they’re officially selected. I’ve seen a lot of accents come in different colors, but that was when the creator chose to make a bunch of accents on their own. Sets of accents are fine when they aren’t competing for a limited number of fest slots. Edit 2: Seriously?? How does this keep happening?? I mean granted, the greenskeeper one is at least unique looking, but seriously. How?? Why?? [/quote] This is the same artist and they are purposefully working in a theme. I think that in and of itself is very cool and skillful, to keep turning out variations on a cohesive theme that are all unique from eachother. It's what each festival does with the reimagined familiars and apparel, right? (I find it cool [i]anyone [/i]could turn out a completed artwork each month, definitely not lazy to me.) Outside the 'gimmick,' though, they also just happen to be really well done -- each time I see these on the skin submissions page I hadn't even realized they were the same artist. I independently just really really wanted them to be picked because they were gorgeous haha. Yes they use the same 'wing' style, but that is already like 80% of accent submissions. I don't think staff are necessarily choosing these based on the gimmick and leaving other submissions out of the running. I personally think it's super cool -- it's not like it's just recolors, they are actively reimagining the 'wings' each time. There's nothing copied/traced -- it's standalone artwork and have unique aspects each time, apart from being the same breed. So while I get the notion of 'letting others have a turn,' I don't know if it quite stands here, if each one is standalone a great submission and they are judged independently.
EmmTheDM wrote on 2022-08-28 06:41:22:
That ridgeback accent is straight up the same accent from last month, but red. Pretty lazy ngl.

Edit: I’ll clarify, the artwork is great, it’s just that the concept is exactly the same which I consider to be lazy. The appeal of skins/accents is to give players a wide variety of ways to dress up their dragons, so having the exact same accent but in red is not only boring, but claims a spot that could have been awarded to something new and unique.

I only consider varieties of skins to be bad when they’re officially selected. I’ve seen a lot of accents come in different colors, but that was when the creator chose to make a bunch of accents on their own. Sets of accents are fine when they aren’t competing for a limited number of fest slots.

Edit 2:
Seriously?? How does this keep happening??

I mean granted, the greenskeeper one is at least unique looking, but seriously. How?? Why??
This is the same artist and they are purposefully working in a theme. I think that in and of itself is very cool and skillful, to keep turning out variations on a cohesive theme that are all unique from eachother. It's what each festival does with the reimagined familiars and apparel, right? (I find it cool anyone could turn out a completed artwork each month, definitely not lazy to me.)

Outside the 'gimmick,' though, they also just happen to be really well done -- each time I see these on the skin submissions page I hadn't even realized they were the same artist. I independently just really really wanted them to be picked because they were gorgeous haha. Yes they use the same 'wing' style, but that is already like 80% of accent submissions. I don't think staff are necessarily choosing these based on the gimmick and leaving other submissions out of the running.

I personally think it's super cool -- it's not like it's just recolors, they are actively reimagining the 'wings' each time. There's nothing copied/traced -- it's standalone artwork and have unique aspects each time, apart from being the same breed.

So while I get the notion of 'letting others have a turn,' I don't know if it quite stands here, if each one is standalone a great submission and they are judged independently.

oQTeZuq.png
[quote name="Sunvera" date="2022-08-30 16:08:24" ] This is the same artist and they are purposefully working in a theme. I think that in of itself is very cool and skillful... [/quote] Ooo, I didn't notice they were all from the same artist, thanks for pointing that out! Their work is fantastic and I'm gonna go see if they have a UMA topic :0
Sunvera wrote on 2022-08-30 16:08:24:
This is the same artist and they are purposefully working in a theme. I think that in of itself is very cool and skillful...
Ooo, I didn't notice they were all from the same artist, thanks for pointing that out! Their work is fantastic and I'm gonna go see if they have a UMA topic :0
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[center]Happy Flameforger's Festival! I hope everyone enjoys! I love the new items and skins! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69070011][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/690701/69070011_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Feedback if it is desired: I like having the skins with the festival items in the Festive Favors, but the new Grand Exchange layout confuses my eyes. I'm trained to look to the right side of the box for the cost of an item in the marketplace, rather than looking to the left or below the standard box. And while I love the idea of having multiple payment types, the empty squares make it feel like something is missing (I, personally, would love it if they were blank/invisible and the item requirements just filled in from right to left). I would also love to get the Database/Hoard/Equipped icons, so I don't have to check my hoard every time I buy something.
Happy Flameforger's Festival! I hope everyone enjoys! I love the new items and skins!

69070011_350.png

Feedback if it is desired:
I like having the skins with the festival items in the Festive Favors, but the new Grand Exchange layout confuses my eyes. I'm trained to look to the right side of the box for the cost of an item in the marketplace, rather than looking to the left or below the standard box. And while I love the idea of having multiple payment types, the empty squares make it feel like something is missing (I, personally, would love it if they were blank/invisible and the item requirements just filled in from right to left). I would also love to get the Database/Hoard/Equipped icons, so I don't have to check my hoard every time I buy something.
Make happy those who are near,
and those who are far will come.
[quote name="Malikamallo" date="2022-08-30 22:04:41" ] Feedback if it is desired: I like having the skins with the festival items in the Festive Favors, but the new Grand Exchange layout confuses my eyes. I'm trained to look to the right side of the box for the cost of an item in the marketplace, rather than looking to the left or below the standard box. And while I love the idea of having multiple payment types, the empty squares make it feel like something is missing (I, personally, would love it if they were blank/invisible and the item requirements just filled in from right to left). I would also love to get the Database/Hoard/Equipped icons, so I don't have to check my hoard every time I buy something. [/quote] I completely agree. It seems like such a small thing, but all those boxes really confuse the eye and I don't understand their purpose to begin with. Just having a blank background that the payment items appear on would be much better. And they did say they'll add the info about owning an item or not, but I guess it hasn't happened yet. Really hoping it'll be there next time...
Malikamallo wrote on 2022-08-30 22:04:41:
Feedback if it is desired:
I like having the skins with the festival items in the Festive Favors, but the new Grand Exchange layout confuses my eyes. I'm trained to look to the right side of the box for the cost of an item in the marketplace, rather than looking to the left or below the standard box. And while I love the idea of having multiple payment types, the empty squares make it feel like something is missing (I, personally, would love it if they were blank/invisible and the item requirements just filled in from right to left). I would also love to get the Database/Hoard/Equipped icons, so I don't have to check my hoard every time I buy something.

I completely agree. It seems like such a small thing, but all those boxes really confuse the eye and I don't understand their purpose to begin with. Just having a blank background that the payment items appear on would be much better.

And they did say they'll add the info about owning an item or not, but I guess it hasn't happened yet. Really hoping it'll be there next time...
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32