Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2021
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 53 54
@aphantasia AH!! I see! Yeah, I definitely understand what you mean now but fat distribution is never even! Genes and hormones of one's body do all sorts of stuff and there are so many body types, this is not as unlikely as it might appear. There are fat people who have fat all around, there are people who only have large bellies and double chins with thin legs and arms (my grandpa), there are people who have very square-like bodies, there are people who are curvy (unfortunately me, I'd rather have the exact same body type of the Aquarius tbh.) I have a mainly lean face, just like the Aquarius, beefy torso, beefy arms and legs but all the fat goes to my bum, abdomen and hips.

So yeah, I now definitely understand your concerns and I'm glad you're pointing out the things this way, I like your constructive criticism primarily because it is detailed and constructive so keep doing what you're doing! It's just that it's really not as unlikely as one might think, wild!

And no worries about replying a bit later :^)
@aphantasia AH!! I see! Yeah, I definitely understand what you mean now but fat distribution is never even! Genes and hormones of one's body do all sorts of stuff and there are so many body types, this is not as unlikely as it might appear. There are fat people who have fat all around, there are people who only have large bellies and double chins with thin legs and arms (my grandpa), there are people who have very square-like bodies, there are people who are curvy (unfortunately me, I'd rather have the exact same body type of the Aquarius tbh.) I have a mainly lean face, just like the Aquarius, beefy torso, beefy arms and legs but all the fat goes to my bum, abdomen and hips.

So yeah, I now definitely understand your concerns and I'm glad you're pointing out the things this way, I like your constructive criticism primarily because it is detailed and constructive so keep doing what you're doing! It's just that it's really not as unlikely as one might think, wild!

And no worries about replying a bit later :^)
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I love everything about this year's Ice fest. Ice is one of my fave flights and I feel the fam, apparel, and scene all look SO GOOD. The skins/accents are really nice too! I love the Aquarius fam so much. I need about 50 of them. A fest fam that I feel really represents my body is wonderful.

All of it is just *chefs kiss*. Makes me wanna vacay in Ice even more lol.
I love everything about this year's Ice fest. Ice is one of my fave flights and I feel the fam, apparel, and scene all look SO GOOD. The skins/accents are really nice too! I love the Aquarius fam so much. I need about 50 of them. A fest fam that I feel really represents my body is wonderful.

All of it is just *chefs kiss*. Makes me wanna vacay in Ice even more lol.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
@Natron

Yeah, biology is weird, haha. The way your hair grows affects your likelihood of having lung cancer (/j)

Also, thanks for understanding! I was worried that I wasn't coming across right lol.
@Natron

Yeah, biology is weird, haha. The way your hair grows affects your likelihood of having lung cancer (/j)

Also, thanks for understanding! I was worried that I wasn't coming across right lol.
05YNfGC.png
Flight Rising's style tends to skew the perspective, this helps give it the whimsical look and feel. Every once in awhile the perspective is skewed too far and you end up with something akin to the Earth Flight festival familiar form 2018. I think this is what's happening here, only on such a small scale that it can't be pinpointed. People feel that something is off because there's something off, but no artwork is perfect. It's just that for this particular familiar many people are pointing it out. Honestly, I love the new familiar. It's a good addition to the sea-folk familiars that we already have. I also love the tiny snowflakes. Details like that make me happy. Edit: I mean the 2018 familiar, the Crystalcourt Ambassador. The perspective on the legs looks off to me. [item=Crystalcourt Ambassador]
Flight Rising's style tends to skew the perspective, this helps give it the whimsical look and feel. Every once in awhile the perspective is skewed too far and you end up with something akin to the Earth Flight festival familiar form 2018. I think this is what's happening here, only on such a small scale that it can't be pinpointed.

People feel that something is off because there's something off, but no artwork is perfect. It's just that for this particular familiar many people are pointing it out.

Honestly, I love the new familiar. It's a good addition to the sea-folk familiars that we already have. I also love the tiny snowflakes. Details like that make me happy.

Edit: I mean the 2018 familiar, the Crystalcourt Ambassador. The perspective on the legs looks off to me.
Crystalcourt Ambassador
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="spectralArtist" date="2021-01-26 05:21:13" ] [quote name="Zerkjo" date="2021-01-24 23:15:44" ] [quote name="Disbounded" date="2021-01-24 23:14:55" ] So do Capricorns not get a familiar? [/quote] @/Disbounded Capricorn is going to be from Fiona after Greenskeeper's festival. [/quote] @Zerkjo Wait, so we're only gonna be able to get a single capricorn familiar?? [/quote] @spectralArtist Unsure. I kind of hope not, itd be really unfair to any players who joined later. Fiona fams are already up in price due to how exclusive they are : (
spectralArtist wrote on 2021-01-26 05:21:13:
Zerkjo wrote on 2021-01-24 23:15:44:
Disbounded wrote on 2021-01-24 23:14:55:
So do Capricorns not get a familiar?
@/Disbounded
Capricorn is going to be from Fiona after Greenskeeper's festival.

@Zerkjo

Wait, so we're only gonna be able to get a single capricorn familiar??
@spectralArtist

Unsure. I kind of hope not, itd be really unfair to any players who joined later. Fiona fams are already up in price due to how exclusive they are : (
[quote name="Mangoeclipse" date="2021-01-24 06:41:42" ] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/37875.png[/img] [b] BABY SPOTTED!!![/b][/center] [/quote] [b]IAGREEIAGREEIAGREEIAGREEIAGREEIAGREE[/b]
Mangoeclipse wrote on 2021-01-24 06:41:42:
37875.png
BABY SPOTTED!!!

IAGREEIAGREEIAGREEIAGREEIAGREEIAGREE
[quote name="Alize" date="2021-01-26 14:05:11" ] Flight Rising's style tends to skew the perspective, this helps give it the whimsical look and feel. Every once in awhile the perspective is skewed too far and you end up with something akin to the Earth Flight festival familiar form 2018. I think this is what's happening here, only on such a small scale that it can't be pinpointed. People feel that something is off because there's something off, but no artwork is perfect. It's just that for this particular familiar many people are pointing it out. Honestly, I love the new familiar. It's a good addition to the sea-folk familiars that we already have. I also love the tiny snowflakes. Details like that make me happy. Edit: I mean the 2018 familiar, the Crystalcourt Ambassador. The perspective on the legs looks off to me. [item=Crystalcourt Ambassador] [/quote] Oh I agree. Horses legs don't work like that. That caused me physical pain, thinking of my own legs being forced to bend in an unnatural way like that is positioned. I will admit though, horses are hard.
Alize wrote on 2021-01-26 14:05:11:
Flight Rising's style tends to skew the perspective, this helps give it the whimsical look and feel. Every once in awhile the perspective is skewed too far and you end up with something akin to the Earth Flight festival familiar form 2018. I think this is what's happening here, only on such a small scale that it can't be pinpointed.

People feel that something is off because there's something off, but no artwork is perfect. It's just that for this particular familiar many people are pointing it out.

Honestly, I love the new familiar. It's a good addition to the sea-folk familiars that we already have. I also love the tiny snowflakes. Details like that make me happy.

Edit: I mean the 2018 familiar, the Crystalcourt Ambassador. The perspective on the legs looks off to me.
Crystalcourt Ambassador
Oh I agree. Horses legs don't work like that. That caused me physical pain, thinking of my own legs being forced to bend in an unnatural way like that is positioned.

I will admit though, horses are hard.
05YNfGC.png
[quote name="GlitchedAway" date="2021-01-26 10:57:40" ] Not exactly a huge fan of the familiar either, why couldn't it just be a normal seal?[/quote] Because unless the zodiac is an actual animal (scorpion, crab, bull, lion, etc), it's turned into one of the beastclans. It wouldn't make any sense for the water-bearer to be a normal seal. Personally I think it should have been a Harpy or Raptorik since Aquarius is an Air sign, but a Maren/Selkie is cool too.
GlitchedAway wrote on 2021-01-26 10:57:40:
Not exactly a huge fan of the familiar either, why couldn't it just be a normal seal?
Because unless the zodiac is an actual animal (scorpion, crab, bull, lion, etc), it's turned into one of the beastclans. It wouldn't make any sense for the water-bearer to be a normal seal. Personally I think it should have been a Harpy or Raptorik since Aquarius is an Air sign, but a Maren/Selkie is cool too.
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
the familiar is really cute [emoji=spiral love size=2]
the familiar is really cute
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649069/64906864_350.png?mtime=ZAAAAAAAAAA

She's not that wintery but she is sorta close to it (but it is my first time posting)

Happy gala!

The familiar is soo CUTE!
https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649069/64906864_350.png?mtime=ZAAAAAAAAAA

She's not that wintery but she is sorta close to it (but it is my first time posting)

Happy gala!

The familiar is soo CUTE!
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 53 54