Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2020
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 65
[quote name="FrogWitch" date="2020-12-28 13:08:45" ] Er... what happened? The first two or three days were great with getting chests, and now I'm getting nothing? [/quote] BRO SAMEEEE
FrogWitch wrote on 2020-12-28 13:08:45:
Er... what happened? The first two or three days were great with getting chests, and now I'm getting nothing?
BRO SAMEEEE
thing.pnghfM6Jy8.gifthing.png
@Epsereth
Thankfully, you can still get them in AH. I saw them going for 3 gems if you would rather buy one than continue to try your luck!
@Epsereth
Thankfully, you can still get them in AH. I saw them going for 3 gems if you would rather buy one than continue to try your luck!
[quote name="jotunn" date="2020-12-28 06:54:51" ] do something else while grinding for chests [/quote] Why didn't I think of this??? I took your idea and so far, I've got one fodder leveled to 10 and 6 chests!
jotunn wrote on 2020-12-28 06:54:51:
do something else while grinding for chests

Why didn't I think of this??? I took your idea and so far, I've got one fodder leveled to 10 and 6 chests!
Again NotN is kinda disappointing, I really should coli grind but my arthritis is playing up and it’s too much honestly. I’ll try again later but it still doesn’t seem to drop many chests at all, I think I grinded for two hours and only got 5 a few days ago.
I wouldn’t complain if daily gathering got me a few each day at least, but I’m on like day 6 of only getting 1 or none.
I love NotN but it’s consistently got awful drop rates, (and somehow feels worse every year??) and with the chest pool increasing it only becomes more absurd if you want specific things. I don’t expect to get everything and I’m not saying chests should be completely easy, just that gathering none is incredibly disappointing and it consistently happens to me every year.
Again NotN is kinda disappointing, I really should coli grind but my arthritis is playing up and it’s too much honestly. I’ll try again later but it still doesn’t seem to drop many chests at all, I think I grinded for two hours and only got 5 a few days ago.
I wouldn’t complain if daily gathering got me a few each day at least, but I’m on like day 6 of only getting 1 or none.
I love NotN but it’s consistently got awful drop rates, (and somehow feels worse every year??) and with the chest pool increasing it only becomes more absurd if you want specific things. I don’t expect to get everything and I’m not saying chests should be completely easy, just that gathering none is incredibly disappointing and it consistently happens to me every year.
16517661_DubXWdDWeIKI5FH.gif16517555_oY4UyEbMb3wqd32.gif bowls by @Araej
Dropping by to say this is probably my most successful notn and thank you staff for adding egg drops as a second pool!

Dropping by to say this is probably my most successful notn and thank you staff for adding egg drops as a second pool!

They/Them FR+2
From what I can see from this thread the majority, mostly ordinary players who've been here from six months to three years or so are experiencing poor drop rates for chests, hardly any chests from gathering and very few egg drops at all....

On the other hand, a minority of other players, who've mostly been here for six years or more seem to be having a splendid time, getting hundreds of chests, making thousands of gems and having the best NotN ever according to them....

That's some pretty weird RNG
From what I can see from this thread the majority, mostly ordinary players who've been here from six months to three years or so are experiencing poor drop rates for chests, hardly any chests from gathering and very few egg drops at all....

On the other hand, a minority of other players, who've mostly been here for six years or more seem to be having a splendid time, getting hundreds of chests, making thousands of gems and having the best NotN ever according to them....

Looking for Tidelord...wN876Zm.gif1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
[quote name="IronMoon" date="2020-12-29 04:01:07" ] From what I can see from this thread the majority, mostly ordinary players who've been here from six months to three years or so are experiencing poor drop rates for chests, hardly any chests from gathering and very few egg drops at all.... On the other hand, a minority of other players, who've mostly been here for six years or more seem to be having a splendid time, getting hundreds of chests, making thousands of gems and having the best NotN ever according to them.... That's some pretty weird RNG [/quote] Hmm now I am curious, what are you implying? XD
IronMoon wrote on 2020-12-29 04:01:07:

Hmm now I am curious, what are you implying? XD
[quote name="@Undel" date="2020-12-23 19:23:06" ] The chest drop rates from gathering and coliseum remain unaltered. RNG at work. I hope your luck perks up! Regarding smirch, we rebalance the chests every year so that they are weighted towards newer items. Smirch's odds are reduced as a result. The other change we made was eggs and scrolls are in a second pool, so you get them in addition to other drops, rather than instead of, though individual experience will vary with the RNG. [/quote] Is this the same with all chests, or just strange chests? For example, if you open a gilded chest, do you have a higher chance of getting something new like tutor rings, instead of something old like an ultimate buttersnake?
@Undel wrote on 2020-12-23 19:23:06:
The chest drop rates from gathering and coliseum remain unaltered. RNG at work. I hope your luck perks up!

Regarding smirch, we rebalance the chests every year so that they are weighted towards newer items. Smirch's odds are reduced as a result. The other change we made was eggs and scrolls are in a second pool, so you get them in addition to other drops, rather than instead of, though individual experience will vary with the RNG.

Is this the same with all chests, or just strange chests? For example, if you open a gilded chest, do you have a higher chance of getting something new like tutor rings, instead of something old like an ultimate buttersnake?
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
Four eggs... I am now a millionaire. Wow. UPDATE: I am now broke. Bought and created these cuties. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66180386][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/661804/66180386_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66158291][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/661583/66158291_350.png[/img][/url]
Four eggs... I am now a millionaire. Wow.

UPDATE: I am now broke. Bought and created these cuties.

66180386_350.png

66158291_350.png
[quote name="IronMoon" date="2020-12-29 04:01:07" ] From what I can see from this thread the majority, mostly ordinary players who've been here from six months to three years or so are experiencing poor drop rates for chests, hardly any chests from gathering and very few egg drops at all.... On the other hand, a minority of other players, who've mostly been here for six years or more seem to be having a splendid time, getting hundreds of chests, making thousands of gems and having the best NotN ever according to them.... That's some pretty weird RNG [/quote] I haven't read the entire thread so I cant validate whether or not this generalization is true, but coming back to this thread many pages later I think the people to post at this point would be those who want to complain about the drop rates. This happened with previous news thread this year. It could be that the players that have been around for a longer time know what previous NotNs have been like and feel as though these changes make the drop rates better. As someone who has done previous NotNs, thats definitely how it feels for me. I'm not rolling in chests but grinding has been significantly less hellish than previous years. These might be some silly suggestions but: Find a niche. Mine has been Waterway even though it is by far not the best place to grind when taking [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1388514]Maki's guide [/url]into consideration. If a spot doesn't seem to be yielding well then move to a different venue. Please don't expect to get chests and eggs from gathering all that much. The rates are not that good.
IronMoon wrote on 2020-12-29 04:01:07:

I haven't read the entire thread so I cant validate whether or not this generalization is true, but coming back to this thread many pages later I think the people to post at this point would be those who want to complain about the drop rates. This happened with previous news thread this year.

It could be that the players that have been around for a longer time know what previous NotNs have been like and feel as though these changes make the drop rates better.

As someone who has done previous NotNs, thats definitely how it feels for me. I'm not rolling in chests but grinding has been significantly less hellish than previous years.
These might be some silly suggestions but:
Find a niche. Mine has been Waterway even though it is by far not the best place to grind when taking Maki's guide into consideration. If a spot doesn't seem to be yielding well then move to a different venue.

Please don't expect to get chests and eggs from gathering all that much. The rates are not that good.
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 65