Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Skin Contest 2020 Winners
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 92 93
[quote name="WilsonHiggsbury" date="2020-12-17 10:21:34" ] [quote name="felinekind" date="2020-12-17 10:11:01" ] i know everyone is anxious for the last skins, but please remember staff is also prepping for notn which is notorious for breaking and overloading the site everything will be uploaded in due time, have patience y'all [/quote] Having patience aint the matter i'd say honestly, I don't mind waiting at all if it can avoid the site getting broken. It's more of the lack of communication regarding whats going on that's worrying a bit. Could be only my opinion but a little bit more communcation regarding hows that update going so far and when the last skins are going to come out would be nice, as it's been a week and no additional information (yet?) since the last update. Like... A single, little message to say that this update has not been forgotten, and that the skins will come out sometime in December. I'm thinking especially that it's worrisome for the artists who are waiting and wondering when they will know about if their skins won or not, as i'm pretty sure some would want to print the rejected skins later on. [/quote] Something to think about though is previously people would not know anything for potentially over a year when they did small batches over time. The communication, in my opinion, has improved from prior skin contests. Staff have a lot of stuff to do during December. I'm sure they will release the last skins after notn has started.
WilsonHiggsbury wrote on 2020-12-17 10:21:34:
felinekind wrote on 2020-12-17 10:11:01:
i know everyone is anxious for the last skins, but please remember staff is also prepping for notn which is notorious for breaking and overloading the site
everything will be uploaded in due time, have patience y'all

Having patience aint the matter i'd say honestly, I don't mind waiting at all if it can avoid the site getting broken. It's more of the lack of communication regarding whats going on that's worrying a bit.

Could be only my opinion but a little bit more communcation regarding hows that update going so far and when the last skins are going to come out would be nice, as it's been a week and no additional information (yet?) since the last update. Like... A single, little message to say that this update has not been forgotten, and that the skins will come out sometime in December.

I'm thinking especially that it's worrisome for the artists who are waiting and wondering when they will know about if their skins won or not, as i'm pretty sure some would want to print the rejected skins later on.

Something to think about though is previously people would not know anything for potentially over a year when they did small batches over time. The communication, in my opinion, has improved from prior skin contests.

Staff have a lot of stuff to do during December. I'm sure they will release the last skins after notn has started.
dragonboat_front_100px.pngTiger69235-C-156-4-3-2-114S.pngdragonboat_back_100px.pngBkhJxYX.gif
[quote name="Archenitesky" date="2020-12-17 11:03:26" ] Something to think about though is previously people would not know anything for potentially over a year when they did small batches over time. The communication, in my opinion, has improved from prior skin contests. Staff have a lot of stuff to do during December. I'm sure they will release the last skins after notn has started. [/quote] I feel that is not the issue here, though. It doesn't take long to say there will be a delay or that it's not a priority at the moment. Why no communication that they have a lot to do in December and will work on the skins afterward? At this point it feels like it should've been put off until after notn. At least then you won't have any anxious artists.
Archenitesky wrote on 2020-12-17 11:03:26:
Something to think about though is previously people would not know anything for potentially over a year when they did small batches over time. The communication, in my opinion, has improved from prior skin contests.

Staff have a lot of stuff to do during December. I'm sure they will release the last skins after notn has started.
I feel that is not the issue here, though. It doesn't take long to say there will be a delay or that it's not a priority at the moment. Why no communication that they have a lot to do in December and will work on the skins afterward? At this point it feels like it should've been put off until after notn. At least then you won't have any anxious artists.
fruityfresh%20by%20underscum.png
Yeah the 'issue' is not the slow update itself but the silence about it
There was a huge community update post the other day, even there they could have squeezed in a side note about this update here
I mean, they know we're asking for only that :/
Yeah the 'issue' is not the slow update itself but the silence about it
There was a huge community update post the other day, even there they could have squeezed in a side note about this update here
I mean, they know we're asking for only that :/
qR6otwA.png
[quote name="Archenitesky" date="2020-12-17 11:03:26" ] Something to think about though is previously people would not know anything for potentially over a year when they did small batches over time. The communication, in my opinion, has improved from prior skin contests. Staff have a lot of stuff to do during December. I'm sure they will release the last skins after notn has started. [/quote] Thing is, we actually [i]did[/i] get notified right away for the previous coli contest. It was just the copy of the skin that was delayed until it got released; we got a pm saying we won and the other prizes when they announced that winners were chosen. As far as I know, everyone was contacted within a day or so back then, which is why it's really frustrating to have heard nothing for over a week now. :( Just getting a 'hey stuff came up and we have to delay this' would be nice, so we at least know it wasn't abandoned completely.
Archenitesky wrote on 2020-12-17 11:03:26:

Thing is, we actually did get notified right away for the previous coli contest. It was just the copy of the skin that was delayed until it got released; we got a pm saying we won and the other prizes when they announced that winners were chosen. As far as I know, everyone was contacted within a day or so back then, which is why it's really frustrating to have heard nothing for over a week now. :( Just getting a 'hey stuff came up and we have to delay this' would be nice, so we at least know it wasn't abandoned completely.
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
@Catfeather
Apparently that wasn't the case for all artists. A friend of mine had their skin chosen and hadn't received the message until it had been added to the post.
Myself being one of the artists from the end of the alphabet waiting to see if it was picked, I have no problem with the wait, there's a lot of things to do, we all know and understand that.
As you and other people mentioned, I just wish there had been some, any kind of communication that it was going to be delayed. Right now I don't know anymore the reason, but when people first started noticing that it was getting delayed, I was worried something had happened to Undel.
@Catfeather
Apparently that wasn't the case for all artists. A friend of mine had their skin chosen and hadn't received the message until it had been added to the post.
Myself being one of the artists from the end of the alphabet waiting to see if it was picked, I have no problem with the wait, there's a lot of things to do, we all know and understand that.
As you and other people mentioned, I just wish there had been some, any kind of communication that it was going to be delayed. Right now I don't know anymore the reason, but when people first started noticing that it was getting delayed, I was worried something had happened to Undel.
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

posting an image from my flight rising meme folder every day until undel finishes the skins: day 4 (late but oh well) [img]https://i.imgur.com/trcjVAr.png[/img]
posting an image from my flight rising meme folder every day until undel finishes the skins: day 4 (late but oh well)
trcjVAr.png
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
@GrimdarkRoxy

I was actually referring to the previous coli contest, back in... 2014? 2015? Something like that. But I reread my post and that's not really clear, which is my bad. Sorry about that - I'll edit my post to be more clear!

But yeah, like you said, the wait's no problem! It's just the lack of communication. :c
@GrimdarkRoxy

I was actually referring to the previous coli contest, back in... 2014? 2015? Something like that. But I reread my post and that's not really clear, which is my bad. Sorry about that - I'll edit my post to be more clear!

But yeah, like you said, the wait's no problem! It's just the lack of communication. :c
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
Why's it upsideown *****
Why's it upsideown *****
QRQge.gifKiMvu.gif yrM3p.gif 8ZbEa.gif T745r.gifQj3EC.gif
Yeah, the problem is Undel hasn't made a forum post since the 10th. Hope she's alright(and hasn't got covid or something).
Yeah, the problem is Undel hasn't made a forum post since the 10th. Hope she's alright(and hasn't got covid or something).

AH SALE

AH SALE

AH SALE

AH SALE
I really hope everything's alright. Sending well-wishes to the dev team. [emoji=heart size=1]
I really hope everything's alright. Sending well-wishes to the dev team.
YUDrFCG.png
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 92 93