Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Specialty Item: Silhouette Scroll
1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 133 134
[quote name="KingTulip" date="2020-09-16 04:05:07" ] Something about this feels weird the more I think about it. Idk if anyone else had the same concerns but 400g per dragon and its locked to that dragon kind of sucks if you ever fall out of love, because you either have to price it at 400 when it's a toggle the next owner might not care for or eat the gems. It's also not like permababs where the artwork is permanently changed, it's just a switch in the customization page. It just feels like this shouldve either been a higher price but it unlocks the switch for your whole account like apparel slots or just free with the dragon customization update. Given how many trans dragons I own, it wouldve been a lot easier to just pay more for it to unlock it for my account than 400g per dragon over and over again. [/quote] This can be said for any gene or item you apply to your dragon. You always run the risk of having wasted the money if you get rid of it. This item isn't necessary for trans dragons. It doesn't change the gender symbol, just the pose. I mostly see this as a luxury item that alleviates the 'I really like this dragon's colors but wish they were male pose so I could make them a wildclaw cause I hate female pose artwork' issue. It's perfectly fine if people want to use this for trans dragons, but it's really not quite the gender change scroll a lot of people are making it out to be. (though I do wish that for the price, things like the male ridge nose wouldn't display if you switched a female to the male pose)
KingTulip wrote on 2020-09-16 04:05:07:
Something about this feels weird the more I think about it. Idk if anyone else had the same concerns but 400g per dragon and its locked to that dragon kind of sucks if you ever fall out of love, because you either have to price it at 400 when it's a toggle the next owner might not care for or eat the gems. It's also not like permababs where the artwork is permanently changed, it's just a switch in the customization page. It just feels like this shouldve either been a higher price but it unlocks the switch for your whole account like apparel slots or just free with the dragon customization update. Given how many trans dragons I own, it wouldve been a lot easier to just pay more for it to unlock it for my account than 400g per dragon over and over again.

This can be said for any gene or item you apply to your dragon. You always run the risk of having wasted the money if you get rid of it.
This item isn't necessary for trans dragons. It doesn't change the gender symbol, just the pose.
I mostly see this as a luxury item that alleviates the 'I really like this dragon's colors but wish they were male pose so I could make them a wildclaw cause I hate female pose artwork' issue.
It's perfectly fine if people want to use this for trans dragons, but it's really not quite the gender change scroll a lot of people are making it out to be.
(though I do wish that for the price, things like the male ridge nose wouldn't display if you switched a female to the male pose)
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
PINKERTON

TRANS DRA G O N

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FR ???? I LOVE YOU ???????
PINKERTON

TRANS DRA G O N

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FR ???? I LOVE YOU ???????
dracovish_1.png HE/THEY
+3 FRT
Ho wow it's really great, thanks !

And Pinkerton is so cool too !
Ho wow it's really great, thanks !

And Pinkerton is so cool too !
This is awesome!
Thanks for the update :)
This is awesome!
Thanks for the update :)
eLAndXa.png FooterAds.gif
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
2OTuj7X.png I hoard black orpingtons and black-capped chickadees!
[quote name="KingTulip" date="2020-09-16 04:05:07" ] Something about this feels weird the more I think about it. Idk if anyone else had the same concerns but 400g per dragon and its locked to that dragon kind of sucks if you ever fall out of love, because you either have to price it at 400 when it's a toggle the next owner might not care for or eat the gems. It's also not like permababs where the artwork is permanently changed, it's just a switch in the customization page. It just feels like this shouldve either been a higher price but it unlocks the switch for your whole account like apparel slots or just free with the dragon customization update. Given how many trans dragons I own, it wouldve been a lot easier to just pay more for it to unlock it for my account than 400g per dragon over and over again. [/quote] I can understand the concerns, but personally I prefer it this way. Having an account-wide toggle could have been good, but having a scroll that can be applied to a dragon makes that dragon more special to me. It also adds monetary value to the dragon. And I think that silhouette dragons will be a lot more popular than permababies because permababies [b]lose[/b] features for the sake of their artwork, and if you want to change them back so they can breed or participate in Coli, then you have to buy another expensive item. Silhouette dragons, on the other hand, only gain features. They can do everything an adult dragon can do, and they have this additional ability. Like, it would definitely be more convenient to not have to buy a copy for every dragon, since I have a lot of trans and gay dragons, and I have some dragons whose art I'd simply like to swap for preferences' sake. But personally I think it's worth it to be able to make an individual dragon more special. It also gives me something new to invest my time in. Not everyone will feel the same way, and that's understandable. But since this is a game, I [i]like[/i] being given new goals to work toward.
KingTulip wrote on 2020-09-16 04:05:07:
Something about this feels weird the more I think about it. Idk if anyone else had the same concerns but 400g per dragon and its locked to that dragon kind of sucks if you ever fall out of love, because you either have to price it at 400 when it's a toggle the next owner might not care for or eat the gems. It's also not like permababs where the artwork is permanently changed, it's just a switch in the customization page. It just feels like this shouldve either been a higher price but it unlocks the switch for your whole account like apparel slots or just free with the dragon customization update. Given how many trans dragons I own, it wouldve been a lot easier to just pay more for it to unlock it for my account than 400g per dragon over and over again.

I can understand the concerns, but personally I prefer it this way. Having an account-wide toggle could have been good, but having a scroll that can be applied to a dragon makes that dragon more special to me. It also adds monetary value to the dragon.

And I think that silhouette dragons will be a lot more popular than permababies because permababies lose features for the sake of their artwork, and if you want to change them back so they can breed or participate in Coli, then you have to buy another expensive item.

Silhouette dragons, on the other hand, only gain features. They can do everything an adult dragon can do, and they have this additional ability.

Like, it would definitely be more convenient to not have to buy a copy for every dragon, since I have a lot of trans and gay dragons, and I have some dragons whose art I'd simply like to swap for preferences' sake. But personally I think it's worth it to be able to make an individual dragon more special.

It also gives me something new to invest my time in. Not everyone will feel the same way, and that's understandable. But since this is a game, I like being given new goals to work toward.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
Very nice!
Very nice!
YESSSSS IM SO HAPPY. I can finally have a trans dragon! Thank you!!
YESSSSS IM SO HAPPY. I can finally have a trans dragon! Thank you!!
TRANS DRAGON SCROLL!

TRANS DRAGON SCROLL!
TRANS DRAGON SCROLL!

TRANS DRAGON SCROLL!
This is exciting! Makes some of my breeding projects much easier as now I do not have to necessarily have to pray for the 50/50 to get the right pose. Also Trans Rights!
This is exciting! Makes some of my breeding projects much easier as now I do not have to necessarily have to pray for the 50/50 to get the right pose. Also Trans Rights!
Trans rights. Easier breeding projects. Giving userbase requests some weight. Awesome. [emoji=coatl laughing size=2] My heart goes out to all the folks who want to gender/pose-change their trans dragons and see this as a high paywall. It's unfortunate that this is the case. But maybe... Maybe something can be done.
Trans rights. Easier breeding projects. Giving userbase requests some weight. Awesome.

My heart goes out to all the folks who want to gender/pose-change their trans dragons and see this as a high paywall. It's unfortunate that this is the case. But maybe... Maybe something can be done.
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 133 134