Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mosaic & Breakup
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 46
This gene really fits Coatl and Spiral
This gene really fits Coatl and Spiral
WMIg6Ah.png
Fan dragons->
fd1
and fd2
1Hz5MxU.png
This is nice!
This is nice!
Wishlist/Clan
R3T9Jmp.png
Very nice
Very nice
Having slept on this.... Yeah, still no. Let the ancients have their unique genes, please. Otherwise what's the point of having them? Besides, adding more ancient genes to moderns creates more clutter in the MP, as if it wasn't bad enough already >_>
Having slept on this.... Yeah, still no. Let the ancients have their unique genes, please. Otherwise what's the point of having them? Besides, adding more ancient genes to moderns creates more clutter in the MP, as if it wasn't bad enough already >_>
LUZk8tY.png
Even though I'm not a fan of these particular genes, more gene options is always good, no argument can change my mind on that to be honest. Ancients have their unique tertiaries, there is no reason why ancient's primaries and secondaries, bound by their lines and shading like literally all other primaries and secondaries, can't be applied to modern breeds. It doesn't make ancients worse. Unless we someday get ancient P/S genes that break the lines - which is a very cool concept btw I hope it gets explored eventually - they're all fair game.

If Tear/Ragged, Phantom, or Chevron/Arrow migrate to modern breeds someday, there shall be much rejoicing on my part.
Even though I'm not a fan of these particular genes, more gene options is always good, no argument can change my mind on that to be honest. Ancients have their unique tertiaries, there is no reason why ancient's primaries and secondaries, bound by their lines and shading like literally all other primaries and secondaries, can't be applied to modern breeds. It doesn't make ancients worse. Unless we someday get ancient P/S genes that break the lines - which is a very cool concept btw I hope it gets explored eventually - they're all fair game.

If Tear/Ragged, Phantom, or Chevron/Arrow migrate to modern breeds someday, there shall be much rejoicing on my part.
KmnIjfw.png
I am once again back to express my absolute delight and support for this idea.

Adding more genes to the gene pool = more customisation freedom = more dragons bought = beneficial
Ancients are unique enough as they are. They have line-breaking tertiaries, they cannot be dressed, they are Ancients (have the little symbol), they cannot be bred with other species, they have more anatomical freedom and they have unique lore. They do NOT require to have completely Ancient-exclusive primaries and secondaries. That was never the point of Ancients. Ancients are filler material that expand the universe, give players more customisation and provide more dragon-related material since this IS, in fact, a dragon petsite, not "exclusivity wins website". Plus, they have the ability to have line-breaking tertiaries due to not wearing apparel. That's it. That is literally all there is to Ancients.

I do understand some of y'all's concerns but if the attitude is along the lines of "I don't like or want to use this therefore no one should be allowed to" or "If my Ancients aren't special, I am going to die", then that is bad. There needs to be more customisation freedom anyway, more modern genes need to be put onto Ancients and more Ancient genes either put onto moderns or new genes with the same accentual colours put onto moderns. This is a site about dragons, breeding and customisation, not about exclusivity. It costs you $0 not to participate in something you don't like and $0 to let other people enjoy what they enjoy.

As a brilliant person said:

"everyone has to have a hot take about everything when the hottest take of all is not participating in stuff you dont like."

Yes, your concerns and opinions are valid, but having more customisation freedom isn't a part of that. Yes, it is okay to want more exclusivity when it comes to Ancients and your opinion is fine, but sometimes we also need to think about what other people want rather than what only we want. What we should focus on is the lack of new Ancient genes and the lack of modern genes on Ancients. Ancients deserve more customisation. Small quantity is a problem, not large quantity.
I am once again back to express my absolute delight and support for this idea.

Adding more genes to the gene pool = more customisation freedom = more dragons bought = beneficial
Ancients are unique enough as they are. They have line-breaking tertiaries, they cannot be dressed, they are Ancients (have the little symbol), they cannot be bred with other species, they have more anatomical freedom and they have unique lore. They do NOT require to have completely Ancient-exclusive primaries and secondaries. That was never the point of Ancients. Ancients are filler material that expand the universe, give players more customisation and provide more dragon-related material since this IS, in fact, a dragon petsite, not "exclusivity wins website". Plus, they have the ability to have line-breaking tertiaries due to not wearing apparel. That's it. That is literally all there is to Ancients.

I do understand some of y'all's concerns but if the attitude is along the lines of "I don't like or want to use this therefore no one should be allowed to" or "If my Ancients aren't special, I am going to die", then that is bad. There needs to be more customisation freedom anyway, more modern genes need to be put onto Ancients and more Ancient genes either put onto moderns or new genes with the same accentual colours put onto moderns. This is a site about dragons, breeding and customisation, not about exclusivity. It costs you $0 not to participate in something you don't like and $0 to let other people enjoy what they enjoy.

As a brilliant person said:

"everyone has to have a hot take about everything when the hottest take of all is not participating in stuff you dont like."

Yes, your concerns and opinions are valid, but having more customisation freedom isn't a part of that. Yes, it is okay to want more exclusivity when it comes to Ancients and your opinion is fine, but sometimes we also need to think about what other people want rather than what only we want. What we should focus on is the lack of new Ancient genes and the lack of modern genes on Ancients. Ancients deserve more customisation. Small quantity is a problem, not large quantity.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
These genes aren’t my cup o’ tea, but I’m glad others are excited to use them. Me, I’m gonna camp out and wait to be blessed with the ability to buy gems with a card. [emoji=tundra star size=2]
These genes aren’t my cup o’ tea, but I’m glad others are excited to use them.

Me, I’m gonna camp out and wait to be blessed with the ability to buy gems with a card.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

love it!
love it!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
that was unexpected!
that was unexpected!
bless
breakup is the most beautiful thing it's making me rescry all my projects
bless
breakup is the most beautiful thing it's making me rescry all my projects
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them