Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mosaic & Breakup
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but now that formerly-Ancient genes are going to be showing up in the daily bonuses, like modern Mosaic today, I wish you'd either include Ancient prim/sec/terts as well, or make it so that a shared gene (Mosaic, in this example) would be valid for both modern and ancients. With their low breeding cooldowns, Ancients are super easy to breed, and I commonly see scads of them at the fodder floor, but I don't even like buying them at fodder prices unless they're crazy cheap because they just clog up my hibden while I wait for a breed or the even rarer color bonus to appear. If their non-linebreaking genes are going to lose their exclusivity, please make them more desirable in a different fashion and make them more profitable, at least!
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but now that formerly-Ancient genes are going to be showing up in the daily bonuses, like modern Mosaic today, I wish you'd either include Ancient prim/sec/terts as well, or make it so that a shared gene (Mosaic, in this example) would be valid for both modern and ancients. With their low breeding cooldowns, Ancients are super easy to breed, and I commonly see scads of them at the fodder floor, but I don't even like buying them at fodder prices unless they're crazy cheap because they just clog up my hibden while I wait for a breed or the even rarer color bonus to appear. If their non-linebreaking genes are going to lose their exclusivity, please make them more desirable in a different fashion and make them more profitable, at least!
9o5YF7O.png
Sorry to say but, Yikes! I am not a fan of these two genes for any breed of dragon! I do appreciate the hard work that the team does though! These are p;erfect for the fans of the eyeburner dragons!

I guess, Metallic, Bee , Stained dragons have my favorie award! The way Stained behaves wih various blends / colors, you have unlimited possibilities!

I can not wait though to see what kind of hatchlings everyone comes up with!
Sorry to say but, Yikes! I am not a fan of these two genes for any breed of dragon! I do appreciate the hard work that the team does though! These are p;erfect for the fans of the eyeburner dragons!

I guess, Metallic, Bee , Stained dragons have my favorie award! The way Stained behaves wih various blends / colors, you have unlimited possibilities!

I can not wait though to see what kind of hatchlings everyone comes up with!
eXkUDbg.gif AZOFNjv.pngeXkUDbg.gif
Always happy for any genes that allow for funky color combos :)
Always happy for any genes that allow for funky color combos :)
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
Bless this update, mosaic and breakup have such interesting wild accent colours!!
Bless this update, mosaic and breakup have such interesting wild accent colours!!
21402.png - Fae | They/Them

Hatchery
OvXXMvX.png
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=58&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=59&tertgene=38&winggene=58&wings=59&auth=78e9fa4a838f89aca10fbf76baa53d6411c1b556&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I think I might have a new look for my boy
dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=58&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=59&tertgene=38&winggene=58&wings=59&auth=78e9fa4a838f89aca10fbf76baa53d6411c1b556&dummyext=prev.png

I think I might have a new look for my boy
17117872_FUEl4b3NwjQlIGd.png
[quote name="@Natron" date="2020-07-24 06:14:35" ] I am once again back to express my absolute delight and support for this idea. Adding more genes to the gene pool = more customisation freedom = more dragons bought = beneficial Ancients are unique enough as they are. They have line-breaking tertiaries, they cannot be dressed, they are Ancients (have the little symbol), they cannot be bred with other species, they have more anatomical freedom and they have unique lore. They do NOT require to have completely Ancient-exclusive primaries and secondaries. That was never the point of Ancients. Ancients are filler material that expand the universe, give players more customisation and provide more dragon-related material since this IS, in fact, a dragon petsite, not "exclusivity wins website". Plus, they have the ability to have line-breaking tertiaries due to not wearing apparel. That's it. That is literally all there is to Ancients. I do understand some of y'all's concerns but if the attitude is along the lines of "I don't like or want to use this therefore no one should be allowed to" or "If my Ancients aren't special, I am going to die", then that is bad. There needs to be more customisation freedom anyway, more modern genes need to be put onto Ancients and more Ancient genes either put onto moderns or new genes with the same accentual colours put onto moderns. This is a site about dragons, breeding and customisation, not about exclusivity. It costs you $0 not to participate in something you don't like and $0 to let other people enjoy what they enjoy. As a brilliant person said: "everyone has to have a hot take about everything when the hottest take of all is not participating in stuff you dont like." Yes, your concerns and opinions are valid, but having more customisation freedom isn't a part of that. Yes, it is okay to want more exclusivity when it comes to Ancients and your opinion is fine, but sometimes we also need to think about what other people want rather than what only we want. What we should focus on is the lack of new Ancient genes and the lack of modern genes on Ancients. Ancients deserve more customisation. Small quantity is a problem, not large quantity. [/quote] I'd possibly take you more seriously if you weren't completely patronising to people who have a different opinion to yourself.
@Natron wrote on 2020-07-24 06:14:35:
I am once again back to express my absolute delight and support for this idea.

Adding more genes to the gene pool = more customisation freedom = more dragons bought = beneficial
Ancients are unique enough as they are. They have line-breaking tertiaries, they cannot be dressed, they are Ancients (have the little symbol), they cannot be bred with other species, they have more anatomical freedom and they have unique lore. They do NOT require to have completely Ancient-exclusive primaries and secondaries. That was never the point of Ancients. Ancients are filler material that expand the universe, give players more customisation and provide more dragon-related material since this IS, in fact, a dragon petsite, not "exclusivity wins website". Plus, they have the ability to have line-breaking tertiaries due to not wearing apparel. That's it. That is literally all there is to Ancients.

I do understand some of y'all's concerns but if the attitude is along the lines of "I don't like or want to use this therefore no one should be allowed to" or "If my Ancients aren't special, I am going to die", then that is bad. There needs to be more customisation freedom anyway, more modern genes need to be put onto Ancients and more Ancient genes either put onto moderns or new genes with the same accentual colours put onto moderns. This is a site about dragons, breeding and customisation, not about exclusivity. It costs you $0 not to participate in something you don't like and $0 to let other people enjoy what they enjoy.

As a brilliant person said:

"everyone has to have a hot take about everything when the hottest take of all is not participating in stuff you dont like."

Yes, your concerns and opinions are valid, but having more customisation freedom isn't a part of that. Yes, it is okay to want more exclusivity when it comes to Ancients and your opinion is fine, but sometimes we also need to think about what other people want rather than what only we want. What we should focus on is the lack of new Ancient genes and the lack of modern genes on Ancients. Ancients deserve more customisation. Small quantity is a problem, not large quantity.

I'd possibly take you more seriously if you weren't completely patronising to people who have a different opinion to yourself.
this dose not change my plans but i love it!
this dose not change my plans but i love it!
MFt2hm4.png
He/She/They
Wishlist
NXwxhXo.png
[quote name="Skyspeed" date="2020-07-24 14:49:13" ] [quote name="@Natron" date="2020-07-24 06:14:35" ] I am once again back to express my absolute delight and support for this idea. Adding more genes to the gene pool = more customisation freedom = more dragons bought = beneficial Ancients are unique enough as they are. They have line-breaking tertiaries, they cannot be dressed, they are Ancients (have the little symbol), they cannot be bred with other species, they have more anatomical freedom and they have unique lore. They do NOT require to have completely Ancient-exclusive primaries and secondaries. That was never the point of Ancients. Ancients are filler material that expand the universe, give players more customisation and provide more dragon-related material since this IS, in fact, a dragon petsite, not "exclusivity wins website". Plus, they have the ability to have line-breaking tertiaries due to not wearing apparel. That's it. That is literally all there is to Ancients. I do understand some of y'all's concerns but if the attitude is along the lines of "I don't like or want to use this therefore no one should be allowed to" or "If my Ancients aren't special, I am going to die", then that is bad. There needs to be more customisation freedom anyway, more modern genes need to be put onto Ancients and more Ancient genes either put onto moderns or new genes with the same accentual colours put onto moderns. This is a site about dragons, breeding and customisation, not about exclusivity. It costs you $0 not to participate in something you don't like and $0 to let other people enjoy what they enjoy. As a brilliant person said: "everyone has to have a hot take about everything when the hottest take of all is not participating in stuff you dont like." Yes, your concerns and opinions are valid, but having more customisation freedom isn't a part of that. Yes, it is okay to want more exclusivity when it comes to Ancients and your opinion is fine, but sometimes we also need to think about what other people want rather than what only we want. What we should focus on is the lack of new Ancient genes and the lack of modern genes on Ancients. Ancients deserve more customisation. Small quantity is a problem, not large quantity. [/quote] I'd possibly take you more seriously if you weren't completely patronising to people who have a different opinion to yourself. [/quote] That comment was literary an oxymoron. They say to agree everyone has the right to dislike something and voice their oppinions...Then says people that don't agree with the update are overracting(everyone has been calm/civil so far from what I saw) and not allowed to say they dislike it, and if they do their doing it because they are selfish and want to take away the fun. There are other things I don't agree with such as easy access to everything boost the market when really it kills it, or calling ancient dragons "fillers" or how no apparel for them is suppose to be a plus somehow... This is how all the previous "comments war" started. By saying "Unless you like what I like, you are the problem, stop saying things I don't agree with, or stop playing this game!" type of comments.
Skyspeed wrote on 2020-07-24 14:49:13:
@Natron wrote on 2020-07-24 06:14:35:
I am once again back to express my absolute delight and support for this idea.

Adding more genes to the gene pool = more customisation freedom = more dragons bought = beneficial
Ancients are unique enough as they are. They have line-breaking tertiaries, they cannot be dressed, they are Ancients (have the little symbol), they cannot be bred with other species, they have more anatomical freedom and they have unique lore. They do NOT require to have completely Ancient-exclusive primaries and secondaries. That was never the point of Ancients. Ancients are filler material that expand the universe, give players more customisation and provide more dragon-related material since this IS, in fact, a dragon petsite, not "exclusivity wins website". Plus, they have the ability to have line-breaking tertiaries due to not wearing apparel. That's it. That is literally all there is to Ancients.

I do understand some of y'all's concerns but if the attitude is along the lines of "I don't like or want to use this therefore no one should be allowed to" or "If my Ancients aren't special, I am going to die", then that is bad. There needs to be more customisation freedom anyway, more modern genes need to be put onto Ancients and more Ancient genes either put onto moderns or new genes with the same accentual colours put onto moderns. This is a site about dragons, breeding and customisation, not about exclusivity. It costs you $0 not to participate in something you don't like and $0 to let other people enjoy what they enjoy.

As a brilliant person said:

"everyone has to have a hot take about everything when the hottest take of all is not participating in stuff you dont like."

Yes, your concerns and opinions are valid, but having more customisation freedom isn't a part of that. Yes, it is okay to want more exclusivity when it comes to Ancients and your opinion is fine, but sometimes we also need to think about what other people want rather than what only we want. What we should focus on is the lack of new Ancient genes and the lack of modern genes on Ancients. Ancients deserve more customisation. Small quantity is a problem, not large quantity.

I'd possibly take you more seriously if you weren't completely patronising to people who have a different opinion to yourself.

That comment was literary an oxymoron.

They say to agree everyone has the right to dislike something and voice their oppinions...Then says people that don't agree with the update are overracting(everyone has been calm/civil so far from what I saw) and not allowed to say they dislike it, and if they do their doing it because they are selfish and want to take away the fun.

There are other things I don't agree with such as easy access to everything boost the market when really it kills it, or calling ancient dragons "fillers" or how no apparel for them is suppose to be a plus somehow...

This is how all the previous "comments war" started. By saying "Unless you like what I like, you are the problem, stop saying things I don't agree with, or stop playing this game!" type of comments.
17.png37.png90.png

Wavecrest Saturnalia

y6tbxWr.pngIRzboi3.pngNC2ceIo.pngSDTXnpH.png
ze8wEB3.png

Code:
ze8wEB3.png

Mistral Jamboree

FdXgviZ.pngAeYnAM6.pngIRkrlkr.pngRCD2mOL.png
QBZFjBr.png

Code:
QBZFjBr.png

Trickmurk Circus

qqLBHcq.pngMdpDO8d.pngit6GpCF.png3e94Gpa.png
tzdYBHr.png

Code:
tzdYBHr.png

Crystalline Gala

nx63yDs.pngTpQIr0g.png3do1AjF.pngOTXJQ9a.png
fBZO2yk.png

Code:
fBZO2yk.png

Rockbreaker's Ceremony

XfOE65H.pngnLWLaef.pngTf27638.png4FDQFf5.png
22kVsPK.png

Code:
22kVsPK.png

Riot of Rot

APe9ksa.pngCPXPWom.pnghwpOz43.pngE27J5Sp.png
DVcXRyP.png

Code:
DVcXRyP.png

Starfall Celebration

by8xXGb.pnggKPKkO8.pngjr6wBiA.png4oO1RBo.png
TjcrwIq.png

Code:
TjcrwIq.png

Flameforger's Festival

RZwWAC0.pngK5ou5OR.pngwIsYlqw.png78U0Gge.png
fdN4PVq.png

Code:
fdN4PVq.png

Thundercrack Carnivale

4B2NHT5.png39TxZGF.pngm7MUqYd.pngYsjbxG8.png
DQLlbOg.png

Code:
DQLlbOg.png

Brightshine Jubilee

3Z9d4pU.pngLasirx9.pngAhWKxlz.pngA28Svy9.png
Az39OYD.png

Code:
Az39OYD.png

All the Festivals

You heard right. This image rotater randomly displays one of the exisiting signatures.
You'll see something new everytime you refresh. I'll try to keep this link up to date with new sets.

Lichtdrache.gif

Code:
Lichtdrache.gif

Others

0Eukkgx.pngcxbFZBI.pngD4jazTx.pngt2lHNjZ.pngZ1OhMta.pngHDlVg7g.png2HZAytX.pngJc6ZU5D.pngqAOaXBj.pngGek4MgE.pngeGd50yb.pngEmDXb3p.pngKptxMMR.pngM5Uxne4.pngIHku0SS.pngC373QQQ.pngiXiHpnr.pngsaTxNdL.pngQtezsCP.png

Commissions & Requests

Commissions - CLOSED
Since some of you asked for it: I'll draw a single familiar/creature/Pokémon/etc.
Please keep in mind that the festival familiars will most likely arrive for their festivals. Let me know whether you want your commissioned adoptable to be free to use for everyone or not.

Requests - CLOSED
You can always make free suggestions if you want me to draw specific familiars for everyone to use. If there's enough interest and i have some spare time, i might add them as well!

Special Thanks

You can thank these amazing people for sponsoring adoptables or donating money. Thanks to them I can do what I love!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frenkle
thatjubi
Marceline
NanamiChiaki
Kurayami
ViewtifulJen
Kattata
adorableAxolotl
CatkinStarchild
Texere
oooooooooooo Shakshun
SilverLanayru
ErwilMinsa
Druddigon8
Yara
Lyra531
EclipseStar
ClearLakes44
Reckless
OtterQueen

Pinglist

-0rangedragon -Kaitorubel -Nulume -Juri01 -Chiliphantump122 -Dreamcoyote -PoisonedTea -TheEmptyCity -SimFeetUnder -CrystalBones -Zenium -Reckless -RedlaSunShowers -AeonsMusings -Celine -genmoi -ScarletWolfsong -snickers629 -Anarthyan -Atzien -miirshroom -pooses -Gibby -Maegelcarwen -Kapara -rooty -Stormdragon -Vanitas -ClearLakes44 -Kissie -Nympharia -Luca20 -Yara -OpalDreams -nemodave -CatsAndMaths -Kiryn -Kpribbit -Perrydotto -BobEvans -Splatoon -Aiden -Maddiebird -rantothedevil -bcrush -kriski -Dest -BianchaJo -Autopsy -CircusCuties -Wolvenrose -SoulLugia11 -Crisp -Tigenki -FoolishRay -icecreamdude26 -Gardenie -ShiroiYoukai -Fellefan -ThornOfStorm130 -WeyrLeader -lovesnivy -PhoebeBird -KCDragons -Marceline -Cyrsei -Poppystar -Hyperbole -Xotis -ToothyApocalypse -absolmon -NicoleEirin -heartcrusher1 -WickedHorror -SilverLanayru -OpalSplash514 -StellarWing -Maximum4 -Syncogon -Dreamcoyote -Mriikel -GhostFromTheMoon -GrumpyCatlover -LucarioLand -Parda -Vistron -SoullessRogue -Ethras -Valthan -Tacodoodle -WolfSong -Decarnard -IcyNinetales -Zephyr23 -Minimum -Meda -lackingsanity -Suttungr -Sevenink -xXDarkeXx -Yanisha -Effervessa -Kibble -Yolindanne -Doggo -IamPainIamGod -ClawOfLife -koolkabe -jazzyjaz -Minxwolfie -TheTigersDen -Niya -Trippfaerie -somnomania -Airys -TheMathematician -MawkishMuse -ElecSquirrel10 -Alcina -AlexBleurose -Pasteluma -vulstal -joy1joy1 -MLSmith995 -Ookamiotoko -Animequeen -PositiveDragon -VodkaGhosts -sarcastickitten -freshpeachez -Anacapri -timetot -KyaruTheWriter -Evolution2 -Aquastargirl123 -kipinae -bellzan -sunsetfire -NanamiChiaki -Kattata -Broderick -DiamondNoodles -Arrakis -Exaltier -LittleRogue -Quinnigan -ShouLyon -Nydra -Vulqostrun -raiikyuu -Aquacoral -LilCipherz -Harbinger -NerdyBirdieLove -Pieeee -Thestoneofdoom -Lundlaeva -Lolschen -Cryptozoolo -kriskrossness -Starrlight -SimplePianist -rene92 -zzzhorses -CosmicSummer -Carnimirie -TalonOcharria -Myrrien -Forestglade -Icefire55 -Starmax -LeMuffinMaster -RoseyVaporeon -MissFortune17 -Ririterasu -Elysianibata -Beezadrella -Ellapinky -Rosie -Ellapinky -Jetfeather -Onikuma -WillowtheWisp -Geist

Last edited on Jun 21, 2017 11:17:05 by Lichtdrache
uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png
@skyspeed I apologise if that's how it came off :( I am not sure where I came off like that but if it somehow sounded like I was patronising anyone, I can 100% assure you none of that was my intention. I literally pointed out that we need to be more thoughtful of what other people want, that's something I always stand for. That's the point of my post, not attacking people who have different opinions. If you knew me, you'd know that I value people's opinions and fact, and that I don't think that there is any opinion that has value over the other - only facts do.

Nowhere did I say that it's wrong to have concerns or have a negative opinion about this update. What I did say is that it is necessary to look at the bigger picture and the bigger picture is the fact that this is a game about dragon customisation and not exclusivity. I already pointed out what the Ancients were introduced for and that's more dragon material, not exclusivity. The only reason why they still get exclusive genes is because it can give them a boost since they are practically demo versions of modern dragons.
I've been on here for more than 5 years, I've gone through every update and collected feedback on all major updates, both positive and negative. I've written critiques and huge suggestion threads in the past, and I can assure you that literally none of my critiques, feedback or suggestion posts were based on personal opinions or tastes. This is not about tastes, this is about accessibility, and giving some ancient genes to modern species provides more customisation freedom and accessibility. Nowhere did I shun people who don't like this update, nowhere did I assert my opinion as better (I apologise if it somehow sounded like I was, that was not intended), and nowhere did I say that negative opinions are invalid. I literally said "yes, your concerns and opinions are valid", and I mean it. All I want is people to consider others, which is something you just asked from me and I am pointing out to you that that is what this post was about.

I do not want to continue this argument but please just understand that this is a hefty misunderstanding and if you knew me personally, you'd understand that I am never a judgemental, assertive or subjective person. I value objectivity and ethics over everything else and I strongly support critique, but that critique needs to be well thought-out and consider each side of the argument. I sometimes spend up to 10 hours straight writing a suggestion post, and I strongly suggest you send the Staff a ticket regarding questions or suggestions because they read it.

@lostdaydreams pinging you as well so you can read this thorough explanation too. It has happened in the past that my comments were completely taken out of context and I apologise for that.
@skyspeed I apologise if that's how it came off :( I am not sure where I came off like that but if it somehow sounded like I was patronising anyone, I can 100% assure you none of that was my intention. I literally pointed out that we need to be more thoughtful of what other people want, that's something I always stand for. That's the point of my post, not attacking people who have different opinions. If you knew me, you'd know that I value people's opinions and fact, and that I don't think that there is any opinion that has value over the other - only facts do.

Nowhere did I say that it's wrong to have concerns or have a negative opinion about this update. What I did say is that it is necessary to look at the bigger picture and the bigger picture is the fact that this is a game about dragon customisation and not exclusivity. I already pointed out what the Ancients were introduced for and that's more dragon material, not exclusivity. The only reason why they still get exclusive genes is because it can give them a boost since they are practically demo versions of modern dragons.
I've been on here for more than 5 years, I've gone through every update and collected feedback on all major updates, both positive and negative. I've written critiques and huge suggestion threads in the past, and I can assure you that literally none of my critiques, feedback or suggestion posts were based on personal opinions or tastes. This is not about tastes, this is about accessibility, and giving some ancient genes to modern species provides more customisation freedom and accessibility. Nowhere did I shun people who don't like this update, nowhere did I assert my opinion as better (I apologise if it somehow sounded like I was, that was not intended), and nowhere did I say that negative opinions are invalid. I literally said "yes, your concerns and opinions are valid", and I mean it. All I want is people to consider others, which is something you just asked from me and I am pointing out to you that that is what this post was about.

I do not want to continue this argument but please just understand that this is a hefty misunderstanding and if you knew me personally, you'd understand that I am never a judgemental, assertive or subjective person. I value objectivity and ethics over everything else and I strongly support critique, but that critique needs to be well thought-out and consider each side of the argument. I sometimes spend up to 10 hours straight writing a suggestion post, and I strongly suggest you send the Staff a ticket regarding questions or suggestions because they read it.

@lostdaydreams pinging you as well so you can read this thorough explanation too. It has happened in the past that my comments were completely taken out of context and I apologise for that.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Woah! So pretty :o
Woah! So pretty :o
I am so poor. I suppose the 2000g challenge will never even be started ;-;
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46