Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Baldwin Conversions
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
[quote name="TheClassCalico" date="2020-01-20 11:17:58" ] In terms of the economical impact-- I do not think this'll make selling Baldwin materials useless, just perhaps cheaper- there will always likely be people who will buy them from the Auction House to save time, including myself and the "rarer" the slime, the more time it'll take overall, only now a certain level of RNG is no longer a barrier. Conversions are a new feature, It can and will inevitably knock the economy as it stabilizes itself to accommodate said feature (referring to features concerning items in some way. such as apparel/gene releases and this), a permanent 'crash' where materials are no longer desirable seems very unlikely to me with the above in mind. I sincerely think that this update will help, rather than hurt the site and its economy in the long term. [/quote] In any game's economy, you can have self-sufficiency, or you can have lively trade. Make people more self-sufficient, and trade will go way down. There will still be a market for materials, especially the two categories gated behind level 20 alchemy, but unless by stabilize you mean "crash and stay crashed," the material market isn't going to recover to anything near like what it was. Not necessarily a bad thing. I know some people are nostalgic for when dragons cost magnitudes more than they currently sell for, but I think anyone being able to get a cool dragon for 10 gems outweighs a few people making bank on breeding. Maybe this materials thing is a "greater good" in the same way, but it is a huge blow to those of us who had the old economy figured out.
TheClassCalico wrote on 2020-01-20 11:17:58:
In terms of the economical impact-- I do not think this'll make selling Baldwin materials useless, just perhaps cheaper- there will always likely be people who will buy them from the Auction House to save time, including myself and the "rarer" the slime, the more time it'll take overall, only now a certain level of RNG is no longer a barrier.

Conversions are a new feature, It can and will inevitably knock the economy as it stabilizes itself to accommodate said feature (referring to features concerning items in some way. such as apparel/gene releases and this), a permanent 'crash' where materials are no longer desirable seems very unlikely to me with the above in mind. I sincerely think that this update will help, rather than hurt the site and its economy in the long term.

In any game's economy, you can have self-sufficiency, or you can have lively trade. Make people more self-sufficient, and trade will go way down.

There will still be a market for materials, especially the two categories gated behind level 20 alchemy, but unless by stabilize you mean "crash and stay crashed," the material market isn't going to recover to anything near like what it was.

Not necessarily a bad thing. I know some people are nostalgic for when dragons cost magnitudes more than they currently sell for, but I think anyone being able to get a cool dragon for 10 gems outweighs a few people making bank on breeding. Maybe this materials thing is a "greater good" in the same way, but it is a huge blow to those of us who had the old economy figured out.
I am still not convinced that it’s not a goiter.
I am still not convinced that it’s not a goiter.
KWrPMAv.png
Lvl 7 Fodder

Bio coding service

Buy my dragons
loading.gif
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51