Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 158 159
[quote name="Syceris" date="2019-04-15 09:54:03" ] First off kudos for treating staff like people not machines, for the health of your employees being a priority over more profit. I already support this site monetarily and will do so more knowing this company supports their employees fairly. ... I am hopeful that any future breeds, both Ancient and modern will have larger eyes to make the new eye types actually make a difference. I am excited for the new content! [/quote] Agree emphatically.
Syceris wrote on 2019-04-15 09:54:03:
First off kudos for treating staff like people not machines, for the health of your employees being a priority over more profit. I already support this site monetarily and will do so more knowing this company supports their employees fairly.

I am hopeful that any future breeds, both Ancient and modern will have larger eyes to make the new eye types actually make a difference.

I am excited for the new content!
Agree emphatically.
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
this is a wonderful update for game features tho what i'm most happy about is hearing that artists & developers aren't put into crunch time. the game industry as a whole has a real problem with it (they've certainly been under fire for it in recent months) so it's heartening to hear there are humane workloads for FR workers.

thanks for the update and the reassurances, on every front! i'm super looking forward to ancient breeds.
this is a wonderful update for game features tho what i'm most happy about is hearing that artists & developers aren't put into crunch time. the game industry as a whole has a real problem with it (they've certainly been under fire for it in recent months) so it's heartening to hear there are humane workloads for FR workers.

thanks for the update and the reassurances, on every front! i'm super looking forward to ancient breeds.

@snugglebug
he
AAAAHHHH, I'M EXCITED! [emoji=guardian love]
AAAAHHHH, I'M EXCITED!
5891801a7bbcd5e9c6aeff9821d1e2fda0e1ee6c.png
hdWqAOO.png
zLwbKxI.png
HkP1Kx1.png
oaolHwW.png
9bc3d1022808dc564cb98e21609cdb28fde2cfc4.gif mtHAEL4.png
EB9jVcQ.png
0XHtpWy.png
Vs2WmBF.png
[quote name="Akiri" date="2019-04-15 06:50:37" ] [quote name="Emberglo" date="2019-04-15 06:39:47" ] Sounds exciting. My question is: Will Akiri be the developer on an Ancient Breed? [/quote] @/Emberglo Of course, but I'm not allowed near the art. [/quote] Aw, darn! HD ancient dragons would be fantastic.
Akiri wrote on 2019-04-15 06:50:37:
Emberglo wrote on 2019-04-15 06:39:47:
Sounds exciting. My question is: Will Akiri be the developer on an Ancient Breed?

@/Emberglo Of course, but I'm not allowed near the art.

Aw, darn! HD ancient dragons would be fantastic.
LxbWmll.png
This is a super exciting update, looking forward to the anniversary!

This is a super exciting update, looking forward to the anniversary!

15WDtQ0.png
Does this mean the Swiftwings will finally get their chance? [emoji=spiral star]
Does this mean the Swiftwings will finally get their chance?
XNoIih6.png She/Her
[img][/img]40n8dm.gif
[quote name="Natakiro" date="2019-04-15 13:25:25" ] Quote: Breed Change Scrolls It will be possible to change any of your modern dragons into an ancient dragon but using an ancient breed change scroll on a modern dragon will remove all of its apparel, skin, and reset its genes to Basic. It will also be possible to change any of your ancient dragons into a modern dragon, but using any breed change scroll (modern or ancient) on an ancient dragon will remove any applied custom skins and reset its genes to Basic. This is rather concerning. The genes better not be that expensive, as breed changing resets them to BASIC every time. That will get super old super fast if you want to change things like your Progens around as more Ancients come out... Why do the genes have to reset if you're changing an Ancient into another Ancient? Sounds like lazy programming that doesn't differentiate between a Modern or Ancient when applying the change, unless each Ancient gets its own specific genes, which will just get super confusing. [/quote] @Natakiro The reason they do that, if I'm reading it right, is that each ancient breed has its own unique genes. [quote]Modern gene scrolls and gene scrolls created for other ancient breeds can’t be applied to them.[/quote] So if your progen is a Tundra and you want to change it to "Ancient Breed 1," they could have "Apple," Banana" and "Coconut" genes. If you change it back to a modern dragon, they won't have those genes, so it'd have to be basic. If you want to change your "Ancient Breed 1" dragon to "Ancient Breed 2," they don't have Apple, Banana or Coconut. Instead they have "Dragonfruit," "Egg," and "Fig." So the genes need to be reset to basic.
Natakiro wrote on 2019-04-15 13:25:25:
Quote:
Breed Change Scrolls
It will be possible to change any of your modern dragons into an ancient dragon but using an ancient breed change scroll on a modern dragon will remove all of its apparel, skin, and reset its genes to Basic.

It will also be possible to change any of your ancient dragons into a modern dragon, but using any breed change scroll (modern or ancient) on an ancient dragon will remove any applied custom skins and reset its genes to Basic.

This is rather concerning. The genes better not be that expensive, as breed changing resets them to BASIC every time. That will get super old super fast if you want to change things like your Progens around as more Ancients come out... Why do the genes have to reset if you're changing an Ancient into another Ancient? Sounds like lazy programming that doesn't differentiate between a Modern or Ancient when applying the change, unless each Ancient gets its own specific genes, which will just get super confusing.

@Natakiro

The reason they do that, if I'm reading it right, is that each ancient breed has its own unique genes.
Quote:
Modern gene scrolls and gene scrolls created for other ancient breeds can’t be applied to them.

So if your progen is a Tundra and you want to change it to "Ancient Breed 1," they could have "Apple," Banana" and "Coconut" genes. If you change it back to a modern dragon, they won't have those genes, so it'd have to be basic. If you want to change your "Ancient Breed 1" dragon to "Ancient Breed 2," they don't have Apple, Banana or Coconut. Instead they have "Dragonfruit," "Egg," and "Fig." So the genes need to be reset to basic.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
[emoji=blue star]Awesome stuff. Very exciting. Thanks for the education. You guys rock, as ever.[emoji=blue star][emoji=gold star][emoji=rainbow star 2][emoji=red star]
Awesome stuff. Very exciting. Thanks for the education. You guys rock, as ever.
I'm on the search for something catchy.
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/976645ef76d042b55eb38c221a4400cb/tumblr_pq0rtcfeKM1xnh1cwo1_540.png[/img]
tumblr_pq0rtcfeKM1xnh1cwo1_540.png
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
[quote name="@mithrel" date="2019-04-15 13:33:33" ] [quote name="Natakiro" date="2019-04-15 13:25:25" ] Quote: Breed Change Scrolls It will be possible to change any of your modern dragons into an ancient dragon but using an ancient breed change scroll on a modern dragon will remove all of its apparel, skin, and reset its genes to Basic. It will also be possible to change any of your ancient dragons into a modern dragon, but using any breed change scroll (modern or ancient) on an ancient dragon will remove any applied custom skins and reset its genes to Basic. This is rather concerning. The genes better not be that expensive, as breed changing resets them to BASIC every time. That will get super old super fast if you want to change things like your Progens around as more Ancients come out... Why do the genes have to reset if you're changing an Ancient into another Ancient? Sounds like lazy programming that doesn't differentiate between a Modern or Ancient when applying the change, unless each Ancient gets its own specific genes, which will just get super confusing. [/quote] @Natakiro The reason they do that, if I'm reading it right, is that each ancient breed has its own unique genes. [quote]Modern gene scrolls and gene scrolls created for other ancient breeds can’t be applied to them.[/quote] So if your progen is a Tundra and you want to change it to "Ancient Breed 1," they could have "Apple," Banana" and "Coconut" genes. If you change it back to a modern dragon, they won't have those genes, so it'd have to be basic. If you want to change your "Ancient Breed 1" dragon to "Ancient Breed 2," they don't have Apple, Banana or Coconut. Instead they have "Dragonfruit," "Egg," and "Fig." So the genes need to be reset to basic. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]Oh, lol guess I didn't see that! Thank you for pointing that out. I already said that that would make sense if that was the case.
@mithrel wrote on 2019-04-15 13:33:33:
Natakiro wrote on 2019-04-15 13:25:25:
Quote:
Breed Change Scrolls
It will be possible to change any of your modern dragons into an ancient dragon but using an ancient breed change scroll on a modern dragon will remove all of its apparel, skin, and reset its genes to Basic.

It will also be possible to change any of your ancient dragons into a modern dragon, but using any breed change scroll (modern or ancient) on an ancient dragon will remove any applied custom skins and reset its genes to Basic.

This is rather concerning. The genes better not be that expensive, as breed changing resets them to BASIC every time. That will get super old super fast if you want to change things like your Progens around as more Ancients come out... Why do the genes have to reset if you're changing an Ancient into another Ancient? Sounds like lazy programming that doesn't differentiate between a Modern or Ancient when applying the change, unless each Ancient gets its own specific genes, which will just get super confusing.

@Natakiro

The reason they do that, if I'm reading it right, is that each ancient breed has its own unique genes.
Quote:
Modern gene scrolls and gene scrolls created for other ancient breeds can’t be applied to them.

So if your progen is a Tundra and you want to change it to "Ancient Breed 1," they could have "Apple," Banana" and "Coconut" genes. If you change it back to a modern dragon, they won't have those genes, so it'd have to be basic. If you want to change your "Ancient Breed 1" dragon to "Ancient Breed 2," they don't have Apple, Banana or Coconut. Instead they have "Dragonfruit," "Egg," and "Fig." So the genes need to be reset to basic.
Oh, lol guess I didn't see that! Thank you for pointing that out. I already said that that would make sense if that was the case.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!