Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 158 159
Ancient dragons sound interesting. I may need more lair space tough...
Ancient dragons sound interesting. I may need more lair space tough...
aaaaaaaa- NEW DRAGON BREED
aaaaaaaa- NEW DRAGON BREED
-I am a lesbian, hello
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2019-04-15 12:50:24" ] Apologize if this has already been asked (trying to read through +70 page is giong to take a while lol), but I have a question about the Ancient Breed genes, particularly about this part: "Ancient breeds will have their own unique genes and we aim to have several genes ready to go alongside the release of every ancient breed." Does this mean that Ancient Breeds will have a finite number of genes (which will debut with their release), or is the team planning to have additional genes updates for an Ancient Breed following its debut? Because all of this does sound cool, but unless you plan on the Ancient Breeds having only a certain amount of genes released total, I'm concerned the FR team is going to have difficulty delivering new content (in this case genes) for Ancient Breeds once we past 3-4 Ancient Breeds available on top of the monthly/bi-monthly gene releases for Modern Breeds. (For the record, I would be completely fine with Ancient Breeds only having a finite number of genes released for each unique breed, especially if they've got really interesting designs and genes to go with them. I'm just curious if an Ancient Breed's release will be a complete package or if they'll have additional gene updates like Modern Breeds.) [/quote] Yeah, if ancient breeds will have their own genes and I'm assuming more will be added, isn't it just going to create more work down the line? Instead of having say...16 modern breeds who all need the same gene drawn 32 times we'd have 14 modern breeds, so 28 genes needed, and also 2 ancient dragons with a new gene which would need to be drawn 4 times (again, assuming they have gender differences). Either way you're doing 32 drawings but now 4 of them are completely different? It's complicating stuff
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2019-04-15 12:50:24:
Apologize if this has already been asked (trying to read through +70 page is giong to take a while lol), but I have a question about the Ancient Breed genes, particularly about this part:

"Ancient breeds will have their own unique genes and we aim to have several genes ready to go alongside the release of every ancient breed."

Does this mean that Ancient Breeds will have a finite number of genes (which will debut with their release), or is the team planning to have additional genes updates for an Ancient Breed following its debut? Because all of this does sound cool, but unless you plan on the Ancient Breeds having only a certain amount of genes released total, I'm concerned the FR team is going to have difficulty delivering new content (in this case genes) for Ancient Breeds once we past 3-4 Ancient Breeds available on top of the monthly/bi-monthly gene releases for Modern Breeds.

(For the record, I would be completely fine with Ancient Breeds only having a finite number of genes released for each unique breed, especially if they've got really interesting designs and genes to go with them. I'm just curious if an Ancient Breed's release will be a complete package or if they'll have additional gene updates like Modern Breeds.)

Yeah, if ancient breeds will have their own genes and I'm assuming more will be added, isn't it just going to create more work down the line? Instead of having say...16 modern breeds who all need the same gene drawn 32 times we'd have 14 modern breeds, so 28 genes needed, and also 2 ancient dragons with a new gene which would need to be drawn 4 times (again, assuming they have gender differences). Either way you're doing 32 drawings but now 4 of them are completely different? It's complicating stuff
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
Will the scroll (if there is one) be in the treasure or gem marketplace?
Will the scroll (if there is one) be in the treasure or gem marketplace?
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
Something I didn't see addressed - can ancient breeds be exalted?
Something I didn't see addressed - can ancient breeds be exalted?
windmid.png
tumblr_nqzcnveuCa1uzc8vbo1_500.png
windmid.png
OMG I read everything this is BEYOND exciting wow didnt even thought about new breeds for the longest time but HELL YEAH im gonna get at least 1 of each new breed, love the hardwork the FR team puts into this site, and thats why its so loved by so many, i cant thank u enough. And glad you address that crunch is bad because it truly is and may damage the game's reputation with poor quality content. Equally excited for both ancient and modern breeds, although of course not being able to cross-breed ancient dergs is a bit sad but its ok, the no clothing is totally fine by me as i tend to not clothe much of my dergs cuz i prefer to work with colors and genes ^^ SO EXCITED!!!
OMG I read everything this is BEYOND exciting wow didnt even thought about new breeds for the longest time but HELL YEAH im gonna get at least 1 of each new breed, love the hardwork the FR team puts into this site, and thats why its so loved by so many, i cant thank u enough. And glad you address that crunch is bad because it truly is and may damage the game's reputation with poor quality content. Equally excited for both ancient and modern breeds, although of course not being able to cross-breed ancient dergs is a bit sad but its ok, the no clothing is totally fine by me as i tend to not clothe much of my dergs cuz i prefer to work with colors and genes ^^ SO EXCITED!!!
QFXpYkj.png
Wow so many peoples. I think I even saw some people I've seen before here
Wow so many peoples. I think I even saw some people I've seen before here
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this, but will Ancient breeds appear in unhatched eggs, or will they have their own series of eggs? (Or, none of the above-there's no way to get a gen1 Ancient breed dragon unless you breed change it?)

Just curious for all those gen1 collectors out there!
I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this, but will Ancient breeds appear in unhatched eggs, or will they have their own series of eggs? (Or, none of the above-there's no way to get a gen1 Ancient breed dragon unless you breed change it?)

Just curious for all those gen1 collectors out there!
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
So much in this, wow! Tidelord isn't gone, he's just mislaid, woot! [emoji=guardian laughing] (I mean, us Drops all [s]knew[/s] hoped for that, but it's great to have official confirmation. Ancient breeds sound awesome, and I'm looking forward to them, even if the breeding/genes are very different. I don't personally put a lot of apparel on my dragons, so the fact that they can't use it doesn't bother me. And lastly, THANK YOU for giving us specific updates in the future on breeds. I know there are some people who tend to over-hype any announcement ("OMG. NEW BREED SOON!" etc.), but even just a "Modern Breed 1: 75% Done," "Modern Breed 2: 15& done," "Ancient Breed 1: 30% done would be appreciated by a lot of the userbase, including me. Can't speak to "crunch" in terms of art, but I've been there with other things. I'm sure no one wants the artists to burn out, we're just eager for new breeds! The progress reports will help a lot with that, I think.
So much in this, wow! Tidelord isn't gone, he's just mislaid, woot! (I mean, us Drops all knew hoped for that, but it's great to have official confirmation.

Ancient breeds sound awesome, and I'm looking forward to them, even if the breeding/genes are very different. I don't personally put a lot of apparel on my dragons, so the fact that they can't use it doesn't bother me.

And lastly, THANK YOU for giving us specific updates in the future on breeds. I know there are some people who tend to over-hype any announcement ("OMG. NEW BREED SOON!" etc.), but even just a "Modern Breed 1: 75% Done," "Modern Breed 2: 15& done," "Ancient Breed 1: 30% done would be appreciated by a lot of the userbase, including me.

Can't speak to "crunch" in terms of art, but I've been there with other things. I'm sure no one wants the artists to burn out, we're just eager for new breeds! The progress reports will help a lot with that, I think.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
aaaAAA new breed and ancient breeds!!!

now where's the future breeds hehehe
aaaAAA new breed and ancient breeds!!!

now where's the future breeds hehehe