Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Revamp + Hibernal Den
1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 189 190
weew thanks for workin so hard on this, y'all
weew thanks for workin so hard on this, y'all
hey demons. its me. ya boi

i dont feel like finding fancy pictures to go in here im too dumb.

i draw sometimes so hmu if you want me to doodle something. You can just pm me im not smart enough to do commissions yet
Great update.

So I can put some dragons into the hibernal Den, which I do not want to exalt but also I do not need for breeding.

Also like it that you can get more spaces in the den with tasks. Should start collectings some stuff.
Great update.

So I can put some dragons into the hibernal Den, which I do not want to exalt but also I do not need for breeding.

Also like it that you can get more spaces in the den with tasks. Should start collectings some stuff.
naturebanner.png
The new lair design is [i]definitely[/i] not great. Agreeing with most people in this thread overall that most of the design elements could really do with being shrunken down (especially the energy bar), and that the padding could definitely be cut down on. I don't mind the dragons sticking out of the box, though. Heck, I might want to [i]shrink[/i] the box a bit so it looks like they're standing on top of it. That'd be a cute touch. Love the tabs and the emojis though! [emoji=guardian star] I've yet to use hibernal den, mostly just because I use all of my gathering tasks on food every day, but I'm sure that's also great.
The new lair design is definitely not great. Agreeing with most people in this thread overall that most of the design elements could really do with being shrunken down (especially the energy bar), and that the padding could definitely be cut down on. I don't mind the dragons sticking out of the box, though. Heck, I might want to shrink the box a bit so it looks like they're standing on top of it. That'd be a cute touch.

Love the tabs and the emojis though! I've yet to use hibernal den, mostly just because I use all of my gathering tasks on food every day, but I'm sure that's also great.
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png
CioCFC3.png
or7Yz8j.png
jA5A7gu.png
bYt72YT.png
2VtxnMX.png
PpMY10h.png
mlHpBMC.png
KTRLDg.png
I'm sure alot of people are happy about this update, but being able to arrange my dragons easily was a big deal for me and I cannot figure it out so i've messed up my arrangement and can't get it back. Now my dragons are all messed up and I can't figure out how to move certain ones back to the first page. REALLY frustrating. Maybe i'm going to take a break for a awhile and come back when i feel like getting upset again.
Also, it looks really clunky how the dragons are noticeably smaller and the energy bar is HUGE but maybe it's just me.
I'm sure alot of people are happy about this update, but being able to arrange my dragons easily was a big deal for me and I cannot figure it out so i've messed up my arrangement and can't get it back. Now my dragons are all messed up and I can't figure out how to move certain ones back to the first page. REALLY frustrating. Maybe i'm going to take a break for a awhile and come back when i feel like getting upset again.
Also, it looks really clunky how the dragons are noticeably smaller and the energy bar is HUGE but maybe it's just me.
giphy-downsized.gif
@Jackablade @Cheremtasy

Hi, I DO have a design degree, and I'm gonna be snarky, because as a self-admitted not-a-pro, you're awfully certain of your take. Also, saying you don't mean something to be rude or offensive is inevitably followed by....you being rude or offensive.

Point the first - the "object busting out the confines of background box" is an extremely common aesthetic.

It is in line with the general design sensibilities of the site, vis-a-vis every main page post image we've ever had, every icon in the hoard, etc. This is silly. I am willing to concede it is not to everyone's taste, but it is silly.

Critiques you had I agree with:
  • The gender symbols are smaller/less clear, which may have an effect on visually-impaired players.
  • It seems like the dragon images are smaller in favor of a larger health bar, which makes less sense with respect to the customization being the primary site draw. However, it does work well on mobile as far as readability.

Going down your list of crit:
  • Padding - Similar to hoard, and more mobile-friendly. Important in an increasingly mobile internet experience (ie, majority of users). Revamps and updates of the Auction House and Coli use similar padding and spacing in the UI.
  • Gender Symbols - RE: verticality, it's #aesthetic, and remains comprehensible - just like the design changes in fonts. I do agree with you that they're harder to read, so it's a decrease in visibility. Could be improved.
  • Hearts vs Squirrels- These were changed to better match the heart in the hoard/bestiary icon according to devs in this thread.
  • Names - Putting them underneath the dragons subordinates them to the image of the dragons, the customization of which is the primary draw of the game. Keeping them in the box maintains the association between dragon and name. Nonissue except for #aestheticpreferences. Functional for UI.
  • Portfolio - Yes. They probably have. It's functional, clean, and generally intuitive.
  • Is it ~Professional~ tho - Yes. Definitively. Because it was a) made by professionals and b) is functional, clean, in keeping with the site #aesthetic, and generally intuitive.

There are certainly different design choices they could have made, but the ones that were made were overall extremely sensible.

In conclusion, I didn't take on this student debt for nothing. :'D

@Jackablade @Cheremtasy

Hi, I DO have a design degree, and I'm gonna be snarky, because as a self-admitted not-a-pro, you're awfully certain of your take. Also, saying you don't mean something to be rude or offensive is inevitably followed by....you being rude or offensive.

Point the first - the "object busting out the confines of background box" is an extremely common aesthetic.

It is in line with the general design sensibilities of the site, vis-a-vis every main page post image we've ever had, every icon in the hoard, etc. This is silly. I am willing to concede it is not to everyone's taste, but it is silly.

Critiques you had I agree with:
  • The gender symbols are smaller/less clear, which may have an effect on visually-impaired players.
  • It seems like the dragon images are smaller in favor of a larger health bar, which makes less sense with respect to the customization being the primary site draw. However, it does work well on mobile as far as readability.

Going down your list of crit:
  • Padding - Similar to hoard, and more mobile-friendly. Important in an increasingly mobile internet experience (ie, majority of users). Revamps and updates of the Auction House and Coli use similar padding and spacing in the UI.
  • Gender Symbols - RE: verticality, it's #aesthetic, and remains comprehensible - just like the design changes in fonts. I do agree with you that they're harder to read, so it's a decrease in visibility. Could be improved.
  • Hearts vs Squirrels- These were changed to better match the heart in the hoard/bestiary icon according to devs in this thread.
  • Names - Putting them underneath the dragons subordinates them to the image of the dragons, the customization of which is the primary draw of the game. Keeping them in the box maintains the association between dragon and name. Nonissue except for #aestheticpreferences. Functional for UI.
  • Portfolio - Yes. They probably have. It's functional, clean, and generally intuitive.
  • Is it ~Professional~ tho - Yes. Definitively. Because it was a) made by professionals and b) is functional, clean, in keeping with the site #aesthetic, and generally intuitive.

There are certainly different design choices they could have made, but the ones that were made were overall extremely sensible.

In conclusion, I didn't take on this student debt for nothing. :'D

lOwTgns.gifrJYz9vI.gif
Lovely update =D Makes things much easier for me. Do most of my playing on a PC and have not tried it yet on my mobile.
Thank you for this upgrade!
Lovely update =D Makes things much easier for me. Do most of my playing on a PC and have not tried it yet on my mobile.
Thank you for this upgrade!
trust_tny_copy_by_vet_in_training-d9yykll.png
[quote name="Jenjin" date="2019-02-08 12:19:11" ] I'm sure alot of people are happy about this update, but being able to arrange my dragons easily was a big deal for me and I cannot figure it out so i've messed up my arrangement and can't get it back. Now my dragons are all messed up and I can't figure out how to move certain ones back to the first page. REALLY frustrating. Maybe i'm going to take a break for a awhile and come back when i feel like getting upset again. Also, it looks really clunky how the dragons are noticeably smaller and the energy bar is HUGE but maybe it's just me. [/quote] Just go into EDIT and hold the dotted part of the Drake you want to move and move them to Page one. Whats the Problem with that. Its now even more possible to Sort your Drakes, because you can leave space and the dragons dont autmatically fill up the next empty space. (:
Jenjin wrote on 2019-02-08 12:19:11:
Just go into EDIT and hold the dotted part of the Drake you want to move and move them to Page one. Whats the Problem with that. Its now even more possible to Sort your Drakes, because you can leave space and the dragons dont autmatically fill up the next empty space. (:
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
[quote name="Jenjin" date="2019-02-08 12:19:11" ] I'm sure alot of people are happy about this update, but being able to arrange my dragons easily was a big deal for me and I cannot figure it out so i've messed up my arrangement and can't get it back. Now my dragons are all messed up and I can't figure out how to move certain ones back to the first page. REALLY frustrating. Maybe i'm going to take a break for a awhile and come back when i feel like getting upset again. Also, it looks really clunky how the dragons are noticeably smaller and the energy bar is HUGE but maybe it's just me. [/quote] Just go into EDIT and hold the dotted part of the Drake you want to move and move them to Page one. Whats the Problem with that. Its now even more possible to Sort your Drakes, because you can leave space and the dragons dont autmatically fill up the next empty space. (:
Jenjin wrote on 2019-02-08 12:19:11:
Just go into EDIT and hold the dotted part of the Drake you want to move and move them to Page one. Whats the Problem with that. Its now even more possible to Sort your Drakes, because you can leave space and the dragons dont autmatically fill up the next empty space. (:
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
So many tabs, so many possibilites

I was excited for the tabs! I thought I might be able to organize my dragons to show off certain groups or jobs, like the Guard, my Scavenging crew or the slightly concerning witch family.
However I thought it would copy the dragon and put that in the tab, leaving them in the main overall tab... like a fast search or highlighting.
I was wrong and the dragons moved entirely and my jimmies got rustled cuz they've been in the spot for a looong time.

SO
I will either leave them be
or
get used to the idea their placement will be redone for this new method

decisions decisions
So many tabs, so many possibilites

I was excited for the tabs! I thought I might be able to organize my dragons to show off certain groups or jobs, like the Guard, my Scavenging crew or the slightly concerning witch family.
However I thought it would copy the dragon and put that in the tab, leaving them in the main overall tab... like a fast search or highlighting.
I was wrong and the dragons moved entirely and my jimmies got rustled cuz they've been in the spot for a looong time.

SO
I will either leave them be
or
get used to the idea their placement will be redone for this new method

decisions decisions
tumblr_ow3fk8FOA81rhbfsfo2_250.png tumblr_ow3fk8FOA81rhbfsfo1_250.png
New lair is awful, my eyes are broken, cant play with this
New lair is awful, my eyes are broken, cant play with this
007c75e77ad2.png
1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 189 190