Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Revamp + Hibernal Den
Yaaay! I'm super excited about this [emoji=guardian star]
Yaaay! I'm super excited about this
[quote name="DuskKeeper726" date="2019-02-07 17:02:20" ] [quote name="Aarune" date="2019-02-07 16:58:13" ] Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so [b]large[/b] ? Energy status could be conveyed through a [i]sliver[/i] of what that is. The gender symbols...? Why? 1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender. 2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already [i]see[/i] the difference. Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be [b]my dragons[/b] NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys) I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this. here's my edit: [img]https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif[/img] link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif I scaled down [i]basically everything[/i] and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all! I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are [b]bright[/b] and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way! -------------- On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a [i]blessing[/i] for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it! [/quote] I agree with this a hundred percent- this is all that I would want changed if any changes were to be made. I would honestly be a lot happier if all this was changed, but still at least we have a update. [/quote] I like your rework! But I still think having these little guys is important for those of us who breed occasionally: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img] They're small enough to ignore for those who don't care about biological sex and breeding, but are there for those who do. Also, RIP little squirrel dude. He's still on the dragon pages, but will live on forever in our hearts [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/famicon.png[/img]
DuskKeeper726 wrote on 2019-02-07 17:02:20:
Aarune wrote on 2019-02-07 16:58:13:
Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so large ? Energy status could be conveyed through a sliver of what that is.

The gender symbols...? Why?
1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender.
2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already see the difference.

Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be my dragons NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys)

I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this.

here's my edit:

sOwmR3f.gif

link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif

I scaled down basically everything and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all!

I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are bright and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way!

On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a blessing for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it!

I agree with this a hundred percent- this is all that I would want changed if any changes were to be made. I would honestly be a lot happier if all this was changed, but still at least we have a update.

I like your rework! But I still think having these little guys is important for those of us who breed occasionally:

small_female.pngsmall_male.png

They're small enough to ignore for those who don't care about biological sex and breeding, but are there for those who do.

Also, RIP little squirrel dude. He's still on the dragon pages, but will live on forever in our hearts famicon.png
3 hours ahead of FR time
I love this update so much! Its amazing! Tab feature is the best <3
The only thing a bit hard to get used to is the size of the dragons; I find myself squinting @ them when I click on my lair.

Thank you so much for all the effort and time you guys have put into this. I cant wait to see what you guys do next. :)
I love this update so much! Its amazing! Tab feature is the best <3
The only thing a bit hard to get used to is the size of the dragons; I find myself squinting @ them when I click on my lair.

Thank you so much for all the effort and time you guys have put into this. I cant wait to see what you guys do next. :)
vv6mCnH.png [Miir /+1 FR time / joined:7/21/15]
[quote name="ElvenArtist" date="2019-02-07 17:08:04" ] [quote name="DuskKeeper726" date="2019-02-07 17:02:20" ] [quote name="Aarune" date="2019-02-07 16:58:13" ] Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so [b]large[/b] ? Energy status could be conveyed through a [i]sliver[/i] of what that is. The gender symbols...? Why? 1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender. 2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already [i]see[/i] the difference. Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be [b]my dragons[/b] NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys) I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this. here's my edit: [img]https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif[/img] link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif I scaled down [i]basically everything[/i] and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all! I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are [b]bright[/b] and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way! -------------- On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a [i]blessing[/i] for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it! [/quote] I agree with this a hundred percent- this is all that I would want changed if any changes were to be made. I would honestly be a lot happier if all this was changed, but still at least we have a update. [/quote] I like your rework! But I still think having these little guys is important for those of us who breed occasionally: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img] They're small enough to ignore for those who don't care about biological sex and breeding, but are there for those who do. Also, RIP little squirrel dude. He's still on the dragon pages, but will live on forever in our hearts [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/famicon.png[/img] [/quote]
ElvenArtist wrote on 2019-02-07 17:08:04:
DuskKeeper726 wrote on 2019-02-07 17:02:20:
Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so large ? Energy status could be conveyed through a sliver of what that is.

The gender symbols...? Why?
1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender.
2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already see the difference.

Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be my dragons NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys)

I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this.

here's my edit:

sOwmR3f.gif

link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif

I scaled down basically everything and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all!

I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are bright and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way!

On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a blessing for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it!

I agree with this a hundred percent- this is all that I would want changed if any changes were to be made. I would honestly be a lot happier if all this was changed, but still at least we have a update.

I like your rework! But I still think having these little guys is important for those of us who breed occasionally:

small_female.pngsmall_male.png

They're small enough to ignore for those who don't care about biological sex and breeding, but are there for those who do.

Also, RIP little squirrel dude. He's still on the dragon pages, but will live on forever in our hearts famicon.png
earthh5.png
Hum, I really like being able to put a few dragons away and make a little space. Though I do miss the link to jump to the breeding grounds. Not the end of the world, since there's a link in the side navigation, but I did like having it at the top.

OMG, when you go 'back' from a dragon's tab does it go back to the page you were one last and not the first page of the liar?!?

Update is the best update EVER!
Hum, I really like being able to put a few dragons away and make a little space. Though I do miss the link to jump to the breeding grounds. Not the end of the world, since there's a link in the side navigation, but I did like having it at the top.

OMG, when you go 'back' from a dragon's tab does it go back to the page you were one last and not the first page of the liar?!?

Update is the best update EVER!
2ujob5j.jpg
The idealist sees the world as it should be. The realist sees the world as it is. The pessimist sees both.
Thank you so much!! You guys have always done such a great job running the site and listening to feedback. Of all the simulation/adoptable/virtual pet/whatever you call them sites I've spent time on, this one has always been the best by far. The last 3 1/2 years I've spent on this site have been a real pleasure and I look forward to many more. [emoji=familiar heart][emoji=familiar heart] Now TIME TO GO BUY 20 MORE DRAGONS I DON'T NEED [emoji=guardian star]
Thank you so much!! You guys have always done such a great job running the site and listening to feedback. Of all the simulation/adoptable/virtual pet/whatever you call them sites I've spent time on, this one has always been the best by far. The last 3 1/2 years I've spent on this site have been a real pleasure and I look forward to many more.

Now TIME TO GO BUY 20 MORE DRAGONS I DON'T NEED
Tentatively back from hiatus
1XRNcWD.png 2UZgxEP.png
[quote name="Aarune" date="2019-02-07 16:58:13" ] Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so [b]large[/b] ? Energy status could be conveyed through a [i]sliver[/i] of what that is. -splice- Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be [b]my dragons[/b] NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys) [/quote] Thank you! I really do have to agree with this. It's cute but everything's just so... large. I do like the edited version that Aarune provided, it seems a bit more logical from the standpoint of showing off your lair and even browsing your own dragons. One other thing I would like to add that kind of bugs me is the redundancy of the new hover-text of the dragon's breeding cool-down. Why did it switch from a "x days" to a specific date? It's a lot more complicated and a bit frustrating when you're just trying to go through and see when dragons to breed for plotting out breeding pairs. It's much more efficient if the "x days" was brought back, even if it was in the form of "This dragon cannot breed for x days, xmonth xday, 20xx time." Or alternatively an option for users to choose which way they would prefer the breeding cool-down message to be shown

-splice-

Thank you! I really do have to agree with this. It's cute but everything's just so... large.

I do like the edited version that Aarune provided, it seems a bit more logical from the standpoint of showing off your lair and even browsing your own dragons.

One other thing I would like to add that kind of bugs me is the redundancy of the new hover-text of the dragon's breeding cool-down. Why did it switch from a "x days" to a specific date? It's a lot more complicated and a bit frustrating when you're just trying to go through and see when dragons to breed for plotting out breeding pairs. It's much more efficient if the "x days" was brought back, even if it was in the form of "This dragon cannot breed for x days, xmonth xday, 20xx time." Or alternatively an option for users to choose which way they would prefer the breeding cool-down message to be shown
I COULD CRY...I HAVE OVER 150 PERMAS AND USE MAYBE 30 AND I AM CONSTANTLY LAIRLOCKED AND NEEDING FOOD........IT IS THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA.........THANK YOU...... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qKCr4rA.png[/img][/center]
I COULD CRY...I HAVE OVER 150 PERMAS AND USE MAYBE 30 AND I AM CONSTANTLY LAIRLOCKED AND NEEDING FOOD........IT IS THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA.........THANK YOU......
qKCr4rA.png

frog_duck.pngducky3.png
I've been truly blessed on this day!!! I can organize by breed without having to worry about messing it all up when I buy a new dragon! And an alliance clan from my lore can be in its own tab! HOORAY! [emoji=guardian love]
I've been truly blessed on this day!!! I can organize by breed without having to worry about messing it all up when I buy a new dragon! And an alliance clan from my lore can be in its own tab! HOORAY!
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
FFweN5e.pnglP3A8fq.pngWHKF1eI.pngVDEbdRX.pngRytvwI2.pngTNk7xoI.png
I really like the lair update! It’ll take some getting used to, but it’s great so far!
I really like the lair update! It’ll take some getting used to, but it’s great so far!
courier_spitfire.gifcourier_pearl.gifcourier_edgar.gif