Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2018
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 88 89
@ staff
Holidays are supposed to be fun y'know X')
@ staff
Holidays are supposed to be fun y'know X')
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
[quote name="pyereciae2788" date="2019-01-03 15:56:06" ] I'm kinda confused of why others have issues with the drop rates, since I get 1+ chests from gathering daily and a few from the Coliseum (I was so lucky to get 3 chests from one battle!). Also, I already collected 3 smirch and about 5 nocturne eggs from this event. In addition, I was able to earn some money from selling things at the AH. I'm pretty happy, since I have gotten more apparel than any other event since joining about 6 months from now. Such a blessing for my dragons who really need/want some apparel. =^.^= [/quote] @pyereciae2788 That's because the main issue of the drop rates is how unbalanced it is. The community is split between two sides: one who gets dozens of chests with plenty of rare drops like eggs and scrolls, and the other who gets literally nothing. Little to no chests and nothing of value inside them. There's no middle ground at all, everyone in my friends circle has been struggling to get a single chest a day while I see other people finding dozens of them, and I specially remember how bad it was one year where I actually was on the lucky side I found 5 noc scrolls and over 10 eggs while everyone else I knew was incredibly frustrated for getting nothing. Night of the Nocturne has always been an event with absolutely atrocious management, and for some damn reason the staff doesn't seem to learn from previous years. Instead they completely ignore the community's complaints and cover it up with a rushed gene release right afterwards. It's an event that always manages to anger me just from its pointless existence and lack of fun ¬¬'.
pyereciae2788 wrote on 2019-01-03 15:56:06:
I'm kinda confused of why others have issues with the drop rates, since I get 1+ chests from gathering daily and a few from the Coliseum (I was so lucky to get 3 chests from one battle!). Also, I already collected 3 smirch and about 5 nocturne eggs from this event. In addition, I was able to earn some money from selling things at the AH.

I'm pretty happy, since I have gotten more apparel than any other event since joining about 6 months from now. Such a blessing for my dragons who really need/want some apparel. =^.^=
@pyereciae2788
That's because the main issue of the drop rates is how unbalanced it is. The community is split between two sides: one who gets dozens of chests with plenty of rare drops like eggs and scrolls, and the other who gets literally nothing. Little to no chests and nothing of value inside them. There's no middle ground at all, everyone in my friends circle has been struggling to get a single chest a day while I see other people finding dozens of them, and I specially remember how bad it was one year where I actually was on the lucky side I found 5 noc scrolls and over 10 eggs while everyone else I knew was incredibly frustrated for getting nothing.

Night of the Nocturne has always been an event with absolutely atrocious management, and for some damn reason the staff doesn't seem to learn from previous years. Instead they completely ignore the community's complaints and cover it up with a rushed gene release right afterwards. It's an event that always manages to anger me just from its pointless existence and lack of fun ¬¬'.
ssjS89N.png
I'm happy this is during the holidays, and goes a little past. I missed the first couple of days because i was in the hospital, but it's been long enough that I've got everything now. (well, except a breed scroll, but those are rare). I've been fine with the drop rate too. I go into the woodland path area one for no longer than 30 minutes and usually can get a couple of chests.
I'm happy this is during the holidays, and goes a little past. I missed the first couple of days because i was in the hospital, but it's been long enough that I've got everything now. (well, except a breed scroll, but those are rare). I've been fine with the drop rate too. I go into the woodland path area one for no longer than 30 minutes and usually can get a couple of chests.
njkZvZC.png
@Lilian
That's odd... I only joined around mid-2018, so this is my first Night of the Nocturne event and I already have 3 smirch and 7 eggs (but no breed change scrolls) so far. It's cool to be lucky for my first event.
@Lilian
That's odd... I only joined around mid-2018, so this is my first Night of the Nocturne event and I already have 3 smirch and 7 eggs (but no breed change scrolls) so far. It's cool to be lucky for my first event.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
I just got 6 chests from gathering today o.O
I just got 6 chests from gathering today o.O
bouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gifdeity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gifbouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif
@pyereciae2788
To be fair Smirch is very common. I found 2 already and it's pretty much worth nothing in the AH from how common it is XD. But yeah you seem to be doing well in your first event, I've only found one egg so far.
@pyereciae2788
To be fair Smirch is very common. I found 2 already and it's pretty much worth nothing in the AH from how common it is XD. But yeah you seem to be doing well in your first event, I've only found one egg so far.
ssjS89N.png
@Lilian
It's a common gene...? And thanks. It's a great time to get some apparel and familiars for free.
@Lilian
It's a common gene...? And thanks. It's a great time to get some apparel and familiars for free.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
4 days and no chests , ***? None from Gathering, none from Coli. I almost thought that the event had finished already
4 days and no chests , ***? None from Gathering, none from Coli. I almost thought that the event had finished already
t3ksIEv.png
The eggs don't vanish after the 6th right? Because there's no way I'll have enough treasure for another lair expansion by then.
The eggs don't vanish after the 6th right? Because there's no way I'll have enough treasure for another lair expansion by then.
[quote name="Thimbles" date="2019-01-04 12:34:28" ] The eggs don't vanish after the 6th right? Because there's no way I'll have enough treasure for another lair expansion by then. [/quote] @Thimbles Strange chests vanish when the event is over, but nocturne eggs do not, so don't worry and take your time! ^.^
Thimbles wrote on 2019-01-04 12:34:28:
@Thimbles
Strange chests vanish when the event is over, but nocturne eggs do not, so don't worry and take your time! ^.^
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 88 89