Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update - Lair Revamp
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 94 95
I'm all for the achievements revamp, but I do hope there's a decent chunk of time between now, the announcement, and the shutdown itself - especially if they'll still be listed somewhere even if not contributing to an overall number once the achievements are fully reworked.
I'm all for the achievements revamp, but I do hope there's a decent chunk of time between now, the announcement, and the shutdown itself - especially if they'll still be listed somewhere even if not contributing to an overall number once the achievements are fully reworked.
This is some quality content here lol. I'm very excited for this update!
This is some quality content here lol. I'm very excited for this update!
tumblr_ose700Yddk1rmeezao9_r1_400.png
TABS TABS TABSSSS

thank you !
TABS TABS TABSSSS

thank you !
Please I need the map revamp

(This all looks awesome!!)
Please I need the map revamp

(This all looks awesome!!)
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
Great job team!
Great job team!
U46oDuv.pngi2b9T8W.pngIMeESkM.pngVwSynLF.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-10-27 21:02:46" ] Also - there are a few other things I wanted to address, since it seems like we're getting quite a few questions on [quote]You mentioned the default is 20 slots, but can we have fewer dragons on a page than that?[/quote] The new system should allow you the flexibility to do that, yes, but we're still settling details on it. [/quote] @Xhaztol @Aequorin The new system is going to HAVE to allow the flexibility to do that, or else no one will be able to use all 15 available tabs. As it is, with the current lair cap of 200, having 15 tabs with an equal amount of dragons in each tab comes out to 13.333~ dragons per tab. So anyone who purchases all 15 will [i]definitely[/i] have less than 20 dragons per page in some of those tabs even if they are NOT evenly divided. Increasing the lair cap to 300 dragons, dividing that by 15 tabs gives you a nice round 20 dragons per page...but even at *that* cap, anyone who wants to put more than 20 dragons on one page/tab, is going to have less than 20 on another page. And this doesn’t include people who actually only WANT less than 20 dragons on a particular tab/page. For my own example, I will for sure want a tab for my Halloween dragons! But I only have 11 of them (5 pairs + 1 extra) and I’m at my lair cap, so I can’t get more to fill up a whole page. If I can’t make a page with only those 11 dragons on it, then tabs aren’t going to be any more useful for me than a normal, *untabbed*, 20 to a page lair page. And even *IF* you increase the cap to 300 when tabs are implemented, a MAX of 20 dragons in each tab is still awfully low. The ability to have a 15 tab lair isn’t going to mean a whole lot until the lair cap is raised MUCH higher, as it doesn’t mean much when the max is just the equivalent of one regular 20 (or 13.333~) slot lair page. A 600 slot lair would give one 40 slots per tab, which is more reasonable. (Or maybe a max of 10 lair tabs, and an increase to 400 lair spaces, if that seems less shocking lol) I really hope you take these numbers into consideration if you haven’t already! And if you have, I’ll hope that you find 13.333 slots per tab as bizarre as I do, and are already planning to even those numbers out. :-)
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-10-27 21:02:46:
Also - there are a few other things I wanted to address, since it seems like we're getting quite a few questions on
Quote:
You mentioned the default is 20 slots, but can we have fewer dragons on a page than that?

The new system should allow you the flexibility to do that, yes, but we're still settling details on it.

@Xhaztol @Aequorin

The new system is going to HAVE to allow the flexibility to do that, or else no one will be able to use all 15 available tabs.

As it is, with the current lair cap of 200, having 15 tabs with an equal amount of dragons in each tab comes out to 13.333~ dragons per tab. So anyone who purchases all 15 will definitely have less than 20 dragons per page in some of those tabs even if they are NOT evenly divided.

Increasing the lair cap to 300 dragons, dividing that by 15 tabs gives you a nice round 20 dragons per page...but even at *that* cap, anyone who wants to put more than 20 dragons on one page/tab, is going to have less than 20 on another page.

And this doesn’t include people who actually only WANT less than 20 dragons on a particular tab/page. For my own example, I will for sure want a tab for my Halloween dragons! But I only have 11 of them (5 pairs + 1 extra) and I’m at my lair cap, so I can’t get more to fill up a whole page. If I can’t make a page with only those 11 dragons on it, then tabs aren’t going to be any more useful for me than a normal, *untabbed*, 20 to a page lair page.

And even *IF* you increase the cap to 300 when tabs are implemented, a MAX of 20 dragons in each tab is still awfully low. The ability to have a 15 tab lair isn’t going to mean a whole lot until the lair cap is raised MUCH higher, as it doesn’t mean much when the max is just the equivalent of one regular 20 (or 13.333~) slot lair page. A 600 slot lair would give one 40 slots per tab, which is more reasonable. (Or maybe a max of 10 lair tabs, and an increase to 400 lair spaces, if that seems less shocking lol)

I really hope you take these numbers into consideration if you haven’t already! And if you have, I’ll hope that you find 13.333 slots per tab as bizarre as I do, and are already planning to even those numbers out. :-)
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
Oh man, I am LOVING this. Thank you FR staff!
Oh man, I am LOVING this. Thank you FR staff!
tumblr_inline_nk71aeUysX1qg2i5p.png
I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR AN UPDATE LIKE THIS!!! I'M SO GLAD I CAME BACK AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS OF NOT PLAYING (LMAO)
I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR AN UPDATE LIKE THIS!!! I'M SO GLAD I CAME BACK AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS OF NOT PLAYING (LMAO)
[quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2018-10-27 06:36:25" ] If I take a dragon out of my Den and sell it to another player, does the Hibernal Cooldown reset? If it doesn't, I would hope there would be some kind of icon like the breeding cooldown icon to make that very obvious, so that a player isn't accidentally stuck feeding a dragon for 30 days that they didn't plan on. [/quote] [color=#006ab8][s]I would honestly like to know this, too. I'd imagine that it would be universal across the board, like the breeding cooldown, and should definitely include an icon. And if it resets when sold/traded, it sounds like it could be easily abused, since someone could take a dragon out of the den, trade it to someone else to remove the cooldown, then trade it back to themselves, no longer having to wait to put it back into the den now, since the trading reset it.[/s] Found the answer! ----------------------- [color=#006ab8]And I have to second the complaints about tabs costing anything. I'm a little skeptical of the idea that we should pay to simply move dragons to a different page and to organize them. At least make the price low. Lair expansions are already quite expensive at over 1mil, so I don't want to have to dump even more money on lair organizing. :/ With tabs and the den, on top of the current expansions, the constant nickel and diming for the lair will get old really fast. If you're looking for a good treasure sink for the lair, maybe the current system shouldn't ask for so much up front, and, like others have said, allow us to get a single slot or two at a time, instead of 5? People would be more willing to put treasure into it, then. So, take the current price of [b]1,175,000t[/b] for my next row. That's quite a bit of treasure. I often forego getting it, since there are quite a few other things that I would rather do with my treasure. However, if you divide that up by 5, it comes to [b]235,000t per slot[/b]. Now that's a number I'd be much more willing to just throw at a slot occasionally. See, now there's treasure leaving the site, instead of me just sitting on it to avoid having a big dent in my stores. Best of both worlds. ^^
FliptheFrog wrote on 2018-10-27 06:36:25:
If I take a dragon out of my Den and sell it to another player, does the Hibernal Cooldown reset? If it doesn't, I would hope there would be some kind of icon like the breeding cooldown icon to make that very obvious, so that a player isn't accidentally stuck feeding a dragon for 30 days that they didn't plan on.
I would honestly like to know this, too. I'd imagine that it would be universal across the board, like the breeding cooldown, and should definitely include an icon.

And if it resets when sold/traded, it sounds like it could be easily abused, since someone could take a dragon out of the den, trade it to someone else to remove the cooldown, then trade it back to themselves, no longer having to wait to put it back into the den now, since the trading reset it.

Found the answer!

And I have to second the complaints about tabs costing anything. I'm a little skeptical of the idea that we should pay to simply move dragons to a different page and to organize them. At least make the price low. Lair expansions are already quite expensive at over 1mil, so I don't want to have to dump even more money on lair organizing. :/ With tabs and the den, on top of the current expansions, the constant nickel and diming for the lair will get old really fast. If you're looking for a good treasure sink for the lair, maybe the current system shouldn't ask for so much up front, and, like others have said, allow us to get a single slot or two at a time, instead of 5? People would be more willing to put treasure into it, then.

So, take the current price of 1,175,000t for my next row. That's quite a bit of treasure. I often forego getting it, since there are quite a few other things that I would rather do with my treasure. However, if you divide that up by 5, it comes to 235,000t per slot. Now that's a number I'd be much more willing to just throw at a slot occasionally. See, now there's treasure leaving the site, instead of me just sitting on it to avoid having a big dent in my stores. Best of both worlds. ^^
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!