Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update - Lair Revamp
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94 95
@FliptheFrog ah fair enough, good point.
@FliptheFrog ah fair enough, good point.
newsigniture2.png
to think that i was thinking about lair purge for few weeks now. this saved my dragons.
to think that i was thinking about lair purge for few weeks now. this saved my dragons.
@Xhaztol This revamp sounds amazing. It gives people the tools to make their lair look just like they want. What I'm concerned about is the money.

As you developers are aware, many players have brought up the problematic expansion fees and how they rise to little over 1 million treasure. To some those sums are big but not impossible, but for some - me included - those are astronomical numbers.

I'm a hoarder to the core and during my time here I've had to give away some very pretty dragons, many of whom I had grown to love, to make room for new blood and genes, as new genes mean money and money means expansions. My lair was capped for probably close to a year, as I had no room for hatchlings and I was not going to let any of my dragons leave my lair. It took me all that time to raise that little over million treasure just to get 5 slots.
While I completely agree that hibernal den, tabs and expansions should cost more as we move up the ladder, I think the cost shouldn't go so far. I wasn't part of the early days of Flight rising, I came little after Baldwin launched for FR's 2nd anniversary, so I haven't experienced the economy of back then. Back then, when every last hatchling cost a fortune.

Flight rising has grown a lot and nowadays hatchlings are more likely exalted than they are sold to homes. This easy access to new dragons should also reflect on the expansions. The cost of expansions for lairs bigger than 100 dragons is, in my opinion, a relic from the time hatchlings cost so much (Yes, I know that back then the cap was 99 dragons, not the current 200 and the cost of expansion back then were even more astronomical with the last expansion costing 2 million treasure - thank the deities that's not the case anymore).

If you purchase 100 slots one slot will cost 46 800 treasure. Doesn't sound too bad. When you purchase all 200 slots one slot will cost 136 350 treasure! That is almost 3 times the average cost of slots in lair of 100 dragons. With the cost of one slot in 200 dragon lair you could buy a secondary gene or breed change scroll, almost both (cheapest secondaries 90 000 + starter breed 50 000). I know I'm not the only one who thinks that a million treasure pay check is unfair amount for just 5 spaces, that can be filled up with only one nest. (This is more than just a rant I swear)

I know the site needs these kinds of money-drains. What I'm concerned about is that if the tabs cost a lot too, it will be even harder for players like me to prioritize. Will I buy hibernal den spaces or lair spaces? Tab or that scroll I've been dreaming of since forever.... and the list goes on.

Unfortunately I have no solution or proposition to give, I'm just a whining player. I'm sure you've heard all of this rant before and must be tired of it by now. I'd just like to know if the development team has taken all this into consideration while working on this revamp?

And yes I am very much looking forward to this lair revamp! :D Thank you FR team!
@Xhaztol This revamp sounds amazing. It gives people the tools to make their lair look just like they want. What I'm concerned about is the money.

As you developers are aware, many players have brought up the problematic expansion fees and how they rise to little over 1 million treasure. To some those sums are big but not impossible, but for some - me included - those are astronomical numbers.

I'm a hoarder to the core and during my time here I've had to give away some very pretty dragons, many of whom I had grown to love, to make room for new blood and genes, as new genes mean money and money means expansions. My lair was capped for probably close to a year, as I had no room for hatchlings and I was not going to let any of my dragons leave my lair. It took me all that time to raise that little over million treasure just to get 5 slots.
While I completely agree that hibernal den, tabs and expansions should cost more as we move up the ladder, I think the cost shouldn't go so far. I wasn't part of the early days of Flight rising, I came little after Baldwin launched for FR's 2nd anniversary, so I haven't experienced the economy of back then. Back then, when every last hatchling cost a fortune.

Flight rising has grown a lot and nowadays hatchlings are more likely exalted than they are sold to homes. This easy access to new dragons should also reflect on the expansions. The cost of expansions for lairs bigger than 100 dragons is, in my opinion, a relic from the time hatchlings cost so much (Yes, I know that back then the cap was 99 dragons, not the current 200 and the cost of expansion back then were even more astronomical with the last expansion costing 2 million treasure - thank the deities that's not the case anymore).

If you purchase 100 slots one slot will cost 46 800 treasure. Doesn't sound too bad. When you purchase all 200 slots one slot will cost 136 350 treasure! That is almost 3 times the average cost of slots in lair of 100 dragons. With the cost of one slot in 200 dragon lair you could buy a secondary gene or breed change scroll, almost both (cheapest secondaries 90 000 + starter breed 50 000). I know I'm not the only one who thinks that a million treasure pay check is unfair amount for just 5 spaces, that can be filled up with only one nest. (This is more than just a rant I swear)

I know the site needs these kinds of money-drains. What I'm concerned about is that if the tabs cost a lot too, it will be even harder for players like me to prioritize. Will I buy hibernal den spaces or lair spaces? Tab or that scroll I've been dreaming of since forever.... and the list goes on.

Unfortunately I have no solution or proposition to give, I'm just a whining player. I'm sure you've heard all of this rant before and must be tired of it by now. I'd just like to know if the development team has taken all this into consideration while working on this revamp?

And yes I am very much looking forward to this lair revamp! :D Thank you FR team!
rHuw9xa.pngtumblr_inline_oiv572OQAN1rf6w8g_500.png Make A Wish!
Awwwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss!

Can't wait to see this launched.
Awwwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss!

Can't wait to see this launched.
qyO3q.gif
@Xhaztol

Will this work for mobile? Mobile is the main way I use flight rising and it’d be a problem if I can’t now with the upcoming update ^^.
@Xhaztol

Will this work for mobile? Mobile is the main way I use flight rising and it’d be a problem if I can’t now with the upcoming update ^^.
If you’re reading this, know that you’re loved
how many tabs can we have? Only 5 or can you buy more?
how many tabs can we have? Only 5 or can you buy more?
frbanner2_by_ninjakt-da8czme.png
What happen about Old purchased lairs?
What happen about Old purchased lairs?
Thank you! ^___^
Thank you! ^___^
[quote name="@Saddi" date="2018-10-27 07:58:07" ] Flight rising has grown a lot and nowadays hatchlings are more likely exalted than they are sold to homes. This easy access to new dragons should also reflect on the expansions. The cost of expansions for lairs bigger than 100 dragons is, in my opinion, a relic from the time hatchlings cost so much (Yes, I know that back then the cap was 99 dragons, not the current 200). If you purchase 100 slots one slot will cost 46 800 treasure. Doesn't sound too bad. When you purchase all 200 slots one slot will cost 136 350 treasure! That is almost 3 times the average cost of slots in lair of 100 dragons. With the cost of one slot in 200 dragon lair you could buy a secondary gene or breed change scroll, almost both (cheapest secondaries 90 000 + starter breed 50 000). I know I'm not the only one who thinks that a million treasure pay check is unfair amount for just 5 spaces, that can be filled up with only one nest. (This is more than just a rant I swear) [/quote] But you know, I could almost swing dropping 136kt at a time if I were able to buy one slot at a time. It's trying to raise the 681kt+ [i]all at once[/i] in that version that's so difficult, and that's not even close to the true price of a single 5-slot unlock at the higher levels (it's more like 250kt per slot then) It's been proposed before that a good idea to balance needing treasure sinks, and the "impossibility/high difficulty" of getting enough treasure all at once for larger upgrades be done with being able to buy individual slots. Now, before anyone judges me on all my slots, I "cheated". That is, I bought gems with USD, traded them for treasure in the forums and bought my slots that way. Sure, at the end of the day the treasure left the system and I had my slots, but I certainly didn't get them the way the game is ostensibly intended for it to be done, i.e., by playing the actual game. I don't think someone should have to be obliged to buy gems to max their lairs to take advantage of people who don't have wrist issues and can spam-click the coli all day. So I think what a decent compromise would be to handle large expansions is actually allow users to buy them slot by slot, like the way we buy nests. Give the slots a flat cost,like.... 50kt, meaning a full expansion to 125 dragons would cost 6,250,00kt at that rate. Then have that per-slot cost spike to 140kt at the 125-150 mark, and then maintain a new flat slot cost until they hit the cap (the remaining 75 slots would draw 10.500kt out of the game (I think that ends up pulling more treasure out than the current expansion costs, while being much less punishing on casual users. I think it would be good to do the same for the Hibernal Den, since we don't know how much each is costing, and we're all starting with 5 slots and hopefully buying more as we need storage space. I'd like to start tucking away my 140 gallery dragons ASAP, but if I have to start dropping a million treasure all at once for every 5 that's going to really cramp my casual collector style.
@Saddi wrote on 2018-10-27 07:58:07:
Flight rising has grown a lot and nowadays hatchlings are more likely exalted than they are sold to homes. This easy access to new dragons should also reflect on the expansions. The cost of expansions for lairs bigger than 100 dragons is, in my opinion, a relic from the time hatchlings cost so much (Yes, I know that back then the cap was 99 dragons, not the current 200). If you purchase 100 slots one slot will cost 46 800 treasure. Doesn't sound too bad. When you purchase all 200 slots one slot will cost 136 350 treasure! That is almost 3 times the average cost of slots in lair of 100 dragons. With the cost of one slot in 200 dragon lair you could buy a secondary gene or breed change scroll, almost both (cheapest secondaries 90 000 + starter breed 50 000). I know I'm not the only one who thinks that a million treasure pay check is unfair amount for just 5 spaces, that can be filled up with only one nest. (This is more than just a rant I swear)

But you know, I could almost swing dropping 136kt at a time if I were able to buy one slot at a time. It's trying to raise the 681kt+ all at once in that version that's so difficult, and that's not even close to the true price of a single 5-slot unlock at the higher levels (it's more like 250kt per slot then)

It's been proposed before that a good idea to balance needing treasure sinks, and the "impossibility/high difficulty" of getting enough treasure all at once for larger upgrades be done with being able to buy individual slots. Now, before anyone judges me on all my slots, I "cheated". That is, I bought gems with USD, traded them for treasure in the forums and bought my slots that way. Sure, at the end of the day the treasure left the system and I had my slots, but I certainly didn't get them the way the game is ostensibly intended for it to be done, i.e., by playing the actual game. I don't think someone should have to be obliged to buy gems to max their lairs to take advantage of people who don't have wrist issues and can spam-click the coli all day.

So I think what a decent compromise would be to handle large expansions is actually allow users to buy them slot by slot, like the way we buy nests. Give the slots a flat cost,like.... 50kt, meaning a full expansion to 125 dragons would cost 6,250,00kt at that rate. Then have that per-slot cost spike to 140kt at the 125-150 mark, and then maintain a new flat slot cost until they hit the cap (the remaining 75 slots would draw 10.500kt out of the game (I think that ends up pulling more treasure out than the current expansion costs, while being much less punishing on casual users.

I think it would be good to do the same for the Hibernal Den, since we don't know how much each is costing, and we're all starting with 5 slots and hopefully buying more as we need storage space. I'd like to start tucking away my 140 gallery dragons ASAP, but if I have to start dropping a million treasure all at once for every 5 that's going to really cramp my casual collector style.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I'm so ready for this. In preparation I've expanded my lair for the first time in over a year, mostly because I never needed the space, but now I do! And I've bought a whole bunch of dragons, man it feels good to just be able to go to the AH and get whatever I want.
I'm so ready for this. In preparation I've expanded my lair for the first time in over a year, mostly because I never needed the space, but now I do! And I've bought a whole bunch of dragons, man it feels good to just be able to go to the AH and get whatever I want.
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94 95