Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
I do have a question about these eye types, though, mainly the strange ones (multi-gaze, primal, glowing). Will these eye types sit under or over apparel and skins?
I do have a question about these eye types, though, mainly the strange ones (multi-gaze, primal, glowing). Will these eye types sit under or over apparel and skins?
...thank you for setting off my Scopophobia with your multi-eyed horror babies on this lovely summer morning. I need to lie down now.
...thank you for setting off my Scopophobia with your multi-eyed horror babies on this lovely summer morning. I need to lie down now.
Proudly Canadian
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-06-08 10:06:07" ] I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not [/quote] ok but as someone who doesnt like the plague primal eyes, im going to be stuck with something that makes me really uncomfortable.
Shougoney wrote on 2018-06-08 10:06:07:
I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item

but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not

ok but as someone who doesnt like the plague primal eyes, im going to be stuck with something that makes me really uncomfortable.
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
semi-here
This is so awesome!!!
This is so awesome!!!
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
This is a neat feature!!
This is a neat feature!!
lCK29fT.png
MUYNhfy.png
sk0y3zV.gifMAZAnSL.gif
ALso, quick question, is there any ACTUAL difference between the rarity of the eye's?

Do they all have the same chance of showing up, or is common like 30% chance and uncommon is 25% chance, and rare 20% chance etc.?
ALso, quick question, is there any ACTUAL difference between the rarity of the eye's?

Do they all have the same chance of showing up, or is common like 30% chance and uncommon is 25% chance, and rare 20% chance etc.?
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Not 100% sure what to think of this update. The new eyes are really cool, but it seems like a strange, out-of-the-blue feature. It also adds a new element of potential frustration to breeding projects; I have been breeding a couple of pairs for MONTHS trying to get a specific color combination, and I would be really disappointed if I finally got the right colors at the cost of having completely bizarre eyes. I think the feature could be a lot of fun with casual breeding, or even breeding to sell, but if you're looking for a specific outcome, getting freaky eyes could be a devastating setback.

I think there really needs to be an item to set a dragon's eyes back to common for eventualities like these. That would be an easy way to fix any messed up breeding project without having to dedicate another several months to trying again.

The tweaked eye colors for some breeds/elements will take a little getting used to, but I don't think they really stand out that much compared to the originals. In some cases, I think it's definitely a good thing; it used to be hard to tell at a glance which element a dragon was, with certain elements and breeds having very similar colors.

The new familiar, by the way, looks AMAZING. I love it! And I'm definitely going to go try to collect a few scattersights by the end of the event, just in case.

I'm also really excited about the dev update on lairs!! I have been really into the idea of lair tabs since forever, and the new hibernal den idea sounds great. I have a lot of dragons I'm attached to out of sentimentality, but really don't do anything with; I'd love the option to just put them away, instead of having them take up food and space while I continue doing nothing with them. That might also be a cool way to store completed gen 1s that I don't have lore for. Just put them away on showcase, and free up lair space for dragons I do have stories and gameplay for.

I actually had a dream last night about the anniversary update because I was so excited about it. In my dream, the update was actually... swappable body parts for all breeds. Like, you could just swap in any number of new tails, torsos, or necks, and the head was just kind of added on. It was bizarre and I hated it. (Though, there was also the option to just swap in a torso and disable everything else, leaving your dragon as just a misshapen lump of flesh. That part was hilarious.) My first thought on seeing the eye update was "wow, this feels like another weird dream." New random eyeballs isn't that different than new random torsos (though it is significantly less disturbing!)
Not 100% sure what to think of this update. The new eyes are really cool, but it seems like a strange, out-of-the-blue feature. It also adds a new element of potential frustration to breeding projects; I have been breeding a couple of pairs for MONTHS trying to get a specific color combination, and I would be really disappointed if I finally got the right colors at the cost of having completely bizarre eyes. I think the feature could be a lot of fun with casual breeding, or even breeding to sell, but if you're looking for a specific outcome, getting freaky eyes could be a devastating setback.

I think there really needs to be an item to set a dragon's eyes back to common for eventualities like these. That would be an easy way to fix any messed up breeding project without having to dedicate another several months to trying again.

The tweaked eye colors for some breeds/elements will take a little getting used to, but I don't think they really stand out that much compared to the originals. In some cases, I think it's definitely a good thing; it used to be hard to tell at a glance which element a dragon was, with certain elements and breeds having very similar colors.

The new familiar, by the way, looks AMAZING. I love it! And I'm definitely going to go try to collect a few scattersights by the end of the event, just in case.

I'm also really excited about the dev update on lairs!! I have been really into the idea of lair tabs since forever, and the new hibernal den idea sounds great. I have a lot of dragons I'm attached to out of sentimentality, but really don't do anything with; I'd love the option to just put them away, instead of having them take up food and space while I continue doing nothing with them. That might also be a cool way to store completed gen 1s that I don't have lore for. Just put them away on showcase, and free up lair space for dragons I do have stories and gameplay for.

I actually had a dream last night about the anniversary update because I was so excited about it. In my dream, the update was actually... swappable body parts for all breeds. Like, you could just swap in any number of new tails, torsos, or necks, and the head was just kind of added on. It was bizarre and I hated it. (Though, there was also the option to just swap in a torso and disable everything else, leaving your dragon as just a misshapen lump of flesh. That part was hilarious.) My first thought on seeing the eye update was "wow, this feels like another weird dream." New random eyeballs isn't that different than new random torsos (though it is significantly less disturbing!)
event-sig-small-4.png
[quote name="SylverStreak" date="2018-06-08 10:07:21" ] ...thank you for setting off my Scopophobia with your multi-eyed horror babies on this lovely summer morning. I need to lie down now. [/quote] this really sums up what ive been saying. theres so many phobias for these disgusting eyes, it makes me wonder if the staff even care anymore lmao im so so sorry to those who are body horror sensitive and now have to be stuck with something that makes them so uncomfortable too.
SylverStreak wrote on 2018-06-08 10:07:21:

this really sums up what ive been saying. theres so many phobias for these disgusting eyes, it makes me wonder if the staff even care anymore lmao

im so so sorry to those who are body horror sensitive and now have to be stuck with something that makes them so uncomfortable too.
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
semi-here
holy moly these are some big updates!! i'm hype!!
holy moly these are some big updates!! i'm hype!!
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
This is really cool! I like that the dynamic is different from genes so it's not just something you can breed for, which matches lore and also makes playstyle more of a challenge going forward.

I agree with what a few other people have said: an item that reverts dragons to original eyecolor would make this a lot less disruptive for people who 100% don't want the freaky new eyes, but wouldn't infringe on the functionality of the scattersight item going forward.

That being said, everyone should remember that the original eye color is still statistically most likely, and the next two rarity levels are mild color variations. You're not going to get freaky eyes in every nest or even most nests, if it's anything like how breeding rarity works.
This is really cool! I like that the dynamic is different from genes so it's not just something you can breed for, which matches lore and also makes playstyle more of a challenge going forward.

I agree with what a few other people have said: an item that reverts dragons to original eyecolor would make this a lot less disruptive for people who 100% don't want the freaky new eyes, but wouldn't infringe on the functionality of the scattersight item going forward.

That being said, everyone should remember that the original eye color is still statistically most likely, and the next two rarity levels are mild color variations. You're not going to get freaky eyes in every nest or even most nests, if it's anything like how breeding rarity works.