Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 93 94
[quote name="fabledtongues" date=2018-02-05 14:46:53] I played around a bit and it seems like battle times are way slower than they are in the regular coli? This could put a damper on productivity. I’ll play more tonight and see if anything changes. Alright, I read more reviews and I know what the problem is and people are correct. The time it takes your dragon to finish one attack and slide back is way too long. I can usually get a battle done much more quickly with the way the old coli is set up. It allows much faster grinding. I would appreciate if the battles were more suited to the old coli, or else this is going to feel like a drag every time I try and grind. [/quote] same here :)
fabledtongues wrote on 2018-02-05:
I played around a bit and it seems like battle times are way slower than they are in the regular coli? This could put a damper on productivity.

I’ll play more tonight and see if anything changes.

Alright, I read more reviews and I know what the problem is and people are correct. The time it takes your dragon to finish one attack and slide back is way too long. I can usually get a battle done much more quickly with the way the old coli is set up. It allows much faster grinding. I would appreciate if the battles were more suited to the old coli, or else this is going to feel like a drag every time I try and grind.

same here :)
[quote name="fabledtongues" date=2018-02-05 14:46:53] I played around a bit and it seems like battle times are way slower than they are in the regular coli? This could put a damper on productivity. I’ll play more tonight and see if anything changes. Alright, I read more reviews and I know what the problem is and people are correct. The time it takes your dragon to finish one attack and slide back is way too long. I can usually get a battle done much more quickly with the way the old coli is set up. It allows much faster grinding. I would appreciate if the battles were more suited to the old coli, or else this is going to feel like a drag every time I try and grind. [/quote] Agreed on that. It takes not long enough to actually wait, also it is not fast enough to go into a smooth combo-chain. It feels kind of offsetting - atleast for now. I will try to grind more tonight/tomorrow and see if it is simply something I can get accustomed to :)
fabledtongues wrote on 2018-02-05:
I played around a bit and it seems like battle times are way slower than they are in the regular coli? This could put a damper on productivity.

I’ll play more tonight and see if anything changes.

Alright, I read more reviews and I know what the problem is and people are correct. The time it takes your dragon to finish one attack and slide back is way too long. I can usually get a battle done much more quickly with the way the old coli is set up. It allows much faster grinding. I would appreciate if the battles were more suited to the old coli, or else this is going to feel like a drag every time I try and grind.

Agreed on that. It takes not long enough to actually wait, also it is not fast enough to go into a smooth combo-chain. It feels kind of offsetting - atleast for now. I will try to grind more tonight/tomorrow and see if it is simply something I can get accustomed to :)
tumblr_ooo3r4clgg1ugssd3o10_500.png
I didn’t even knew this was happening today. Ahh lost track of time..

I had a go with beta and i’ve Got to say, you guys did a awesome job on the rework. It’s abit strange not having the loading flightrising animation. I have notice tho every time it loads for a new battle or change screens, it jumps me back at the top all the time. I have enough scroll down for one day XD
I didn’t even knew this was happening today. Ahh lost track of time..

I had a go with beta and i’ve Got to say, you guys did a awesome job on the rework. It’s abit strange not having the loading flightrising animation. I have notice tho every time it loads for a new battle or change screens, it jumps me back at the top all the time. I have enough scroll down for one day XD
35326_s.gif
Im in love with the save feature for teams. Now all of my teams are organized and i can get to them with ease. And the mobile compatibility is above awesome. Now i dont have to ask for my sisters laptop to use the coli anymore :D
Im in love with the save feature for teams. Now all of my teams are organized and i can get to them with ease. And the mobile compatibility is above awesome. Now i dont have to ask for my sisters laptop to use the coli anymore :D
Wooooo
Wooooo
tumblr_nonnjrCJjU1uw8pgho1_500.png
Bear with me.

A while back I played a clicky pet game, Ponystars, that instituted changes that made it harder to get your dailies done quickly. Their defense for this was that the prior method people were using was a loophole or exploit, and any criticism of their changing it was brutally quashed, despite the fact that their doing so made the game harder to play, especially for people with hand/wrist pain/RSI. They didn't care that it made the game less enjoyable overall, they had in mind the "right" way for their players to play, and if you weren't playing it "right," you were, quite simply, WRONG.

As someone with hand/wrist pain, I was really upset when I brought it up and was literally told "players like you don't matter, there aren't enough of you and we would rather stop others from "cheating"."

Overall, it was a case of game devs favoring their "right" (preferred) style of play over how they players were actually using the game. It cost them goodwill and, ultimately, players left.

So, to bring it around to Flight Rising, when I say that having to wait for dragons to completely finish their actions before initiating the next action is a significant quality of life drop for the coli the way people actually use it, I hope you will consider that your players are not wrong for preferring that the game be easier in this way. The coli should be a challenge in that venues are more difficult as you go along, and building the right team should be a challenge. It should not be a challenge to control your frustration long enough to play it.

So please, find a way to fix that, and find a way to fix the reload issue so that at the very least people on smaller screens aren't stuck scrolling down to reach the controls.

It is running smoothly and well for me, barring the lag caused by the action finishing thing, but other players I'm personally friends with are having trouble.
Bear with me.

A while back I played a clicky pet game, Ponystars, that instituted changes that made it harder to get your dailies done quickly. Their defense for this was that the prior method people were using was a loophole or exploit, and any criticism of their changing it was brutally quashed, despite the fact that their doing so made the game harder to play, especially for people with hand/wrist pain/RSI. They didn't care that it made the game less enjoyable overall, they had in mind the "right" way for their players to play, and if you weren't playing it "right," you were, quite simply, WRONG.

As someone with hand/wrist pain, I was really upset when I brought it up and was literally told "players like you don't matter, there aren't enough of you and we would rather stop others from "cheating"."

Overall, it was a case of game devs favoring their "right" (preferred) style of play over how they players were actually using the game. It cost them goodwill and, ultimately, players left.

So, to bring it around to Flight Rising, when I say that having to wait for dragons to completely finish their actions before initiating the next action is a significant quality of life drop for the coli the way people actually use it, I hope you will consider that your players are not wrong for preferring that the game be easier in this way. The coli should be a challenge in that venues are more difficult as you go along, and building the right team should be a challenge. It should not be a challenge to control your frustration long enough to play it.

So please, find a way to fix that, and find a way to fix the reload issue so that at the very least people on smaller screens aren't stuck scrolling down to reach the controls.

It is running smoothly and well for me, barring the lag caused by the action finishing thing, but other players I'm personally friends with are having trouble.
nuBhKlu.jpg
Tried out the dragon party save; it's much easier and smoother when playing on mobile, although I am having a little trouble with just the up and down buttons on the dragon list to the right of the screen; but other than that, everything else seems peachy so far.
Tried out the dragon party save; it's much easier and smoother when playing on mobile, although I am having a little trouble with just the up and down buttons on the dragon list to the right of the screen; but other than that, everything else seems peachy so far.
shadowshieldl.png StRQpZw.png shadowshieldr.png
Alright so, having played a bit more on my PC and also played on my phone, and read what others have said, here's a write-up for you about the reloading between the different parts of the Coli.

Some information about my connection and devices, for context:
I have slow internet. Not a slow as it might be, given I live in rural Britain I'm kinda thankful just to be on broadband not dialup, but it's still slow. (Actually, this is an offtopic comment, but I have no choice but to run adblock on this website. I'd love to give you guys the revenue of having adblock turned off, but the ads make it load so slowly that it's just completely impractical.)

I usually use a computer running windows 10, and use chrome browser. Reasonable graphics power in it, I play video games without issue, so coli runs very smoothly for me once loaded.

When not on my PC I use a MotoG1 phone running Android 5, using Chrome browser again.

Okay so, the reloading thing.
To me, for navigating between the main areas (Loading home screen, switching to organise team or to battle) it's great. The coli loads, and runs, so much faster it's wonderful, I've had to wait a lot less time and it's showing a lot less sign of just crashing and loosing connection. (Though my internet has, so far, been having a good day today. I've get to test it when my internet is throwing a tantrum or under heavy use from other sources.) I hail this as a great change.
BUT!
I don't like the way it reloads between every battle. Once in the battle screen it should stay in the battle screen. Reloading between battles is slower than having a continuous run within the same page. In addition, as many have pointed out, the reloading dumps you out of fullscreen and leaves you back at the top of the page. While on my computer this isn't much of an issue - I don't use fullscreen mode, and scrolling back down is easy and immediately became sufficiently second nature that I've scrolled back down load before the coli finishes reloading. But both of those things are bad - I shouldn't really be having to scroll down each battle, and coli should not be having this aaaaages long wait between battles. Old coli is definitely faster between battles than this beta is.
But on my phone... oh is the reloading much, much more of a hassle.
Scrolling down is a little harder on a phone. And fullscreen is more use. And I was very, very quickly feeling frustrated with having to scroll back down and renter fullscreen each battle. And this process, on the phone, takes well longer than it takes even my snails-pace internet to reload the page. That's unacceptable.

So in summary: Keep the page changes between primary sections of home/team select/battle, as reloading the page takes less time on slow connections than loading the entire coli does. But please, for the love of spacedad, stop it reloading between every battle and just make battling continuous again.

Other notes from whilst I was testing on my phone:
I can finally select a team on my phone properly! It works brilliantly!
Battling is fine besides above stated reloading issues.
I had a camp thing happen while I was on my phone, looks like a cool addition I like it!
Alright so, having played a bit more on my PC and also played on my phone, and read what others have said, here's a write-up for you about the reloading between the different parts of the Coli.

Some information about my connection and devices, for context:
I have slow internet. Not a slow as it might be, given I live in rural Britain I'm kinda thankful just to be on broadband not dialup, but it's still slow. (Actually, this is an offtopic comment, but I have no choice but to run adblock on this website. I'd love to give you guys the revenue of having adblock turned off, but the ads make it load so slowly that it's just completely impractical.)

I usually use a computer running windows 10, and use chrome browser. Reasonable graphics power in it, I play video games without issue, so coli runs very smoothly for me once loaded.

When not on my PC I use a MotoG1 phone running Android 5, using Chrome browser again.

Okay so, the reloading thing.
To me, for navigating between the main areas (Loading home screen, switching to organise team or to battle) it's great. The coli loads, and runs, so much faster it's wonderful, I've had to wait a lot less time and it's showing a lot less sign of just crashing and loosing connection. (Though my internet has, so far, been having a good day today. I've get to test it when my internet is throwing a tantrum or under heavy use from other sources.) I hail this as a great change.
BUT!
I don't like the way it reloads between every battle. Once in the battle screen it should stay in the battle screen. Reloading between battles is slower than having a continuous run within the same page. In addition, as many have pointed out, the reloading dumps you out of fullscreen and leaves you back at the top of the page. While on my computer this isn't much of an issue - I don't use fullscreen mode, and scrolling back down is easy and immediately became sufficiently second nature that I've scrolled back down load before the coli finishes reloading. But both of those things are bad - I shouldn't really be having to scroll down each battle, and coli should not be having this aaaaages long wait between battles. Old coli is definitely faster between battles than this beta is.
But on my phone... oh is the reloading much, much more of a hassle.
Scrolling down is a little harder on a phone. And fullscreen is more use. And I was very, very quickly feeling frustrated with having to scroll back down and renter fullscreen each battle. And this process, on the phone, takes well longer than it takes even my snails-pace internet to reload the page. That's unacceptable.

So in summary: Keep the page changes between primary sections of home/team select/battle, as reloading the page takes less time on slow connections than loading the entire coli does. But please, for the love of spacedad, stop it reloading between every battle and just make battling continuous again.

Other notes from whilst I was testing on my phone:
I can finally select a team on my phone properly! It works brilliantly!
Battling is fine besides above stated reloading issues.
I had a camp thing happen while I was on my phone, looks like a cool addition I like it!
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
Its waay easier and smoother and perfect even on mobile. Before, doing coli on mobile was a pain in alot of ways. This one is PERFECT i love it
Its waay easier and smoother and perfect even on mobile. Before, doing coli on mobile was a pain in alot of ways. This one is PERFECT i love it
losecontrol_by_cinnamincuti-dc5plsk.png
Its very good! great job on the improvements! I cannot wait till the change is permanent!
I'm just a little confused and ]not favoring how when you use anticipate[/b], it never shows up.. so i'm not sure when a dragon is protected or not.
Its very good! great job on the improvements! I cannot wait till the change is permanent!
I'm just a little confused and ]not favoring how when you use anticipate[/b], it never shows up.. so i'm not sure when a dragon is protected or not.
image0.jpg
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 93 94