Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Joxar's Spare Inventory
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 141 142
seeing all these recolors i just [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/6f04040494aedf62e0d4966cf994d656/tumblr_orf6y6gH4O1w3d2uno10_400.gif[/img] OUT ME WAY I NEED THEM
seeing all these recolors i just
tumblr_orf6y6gH4O1w3d2uno10_400.gif
OUT ME WAY I NEED THEM
Nice!
Nice!
Moth Keeper's Lantern Midnight Oil Lamp
Wow, those recolors are awesome! I must admit, I like quite a few of them more than the originals. XD
Completely with you there, @Drown !

@Artemiis : It will be the next one to be revealed. They add them as they add the files for them to the site.

Can't wait to see the recolored apparel! That new Runescroll and those Prismatic Scales look amazing even in that relatively small image!

While I can understand some peoples' frustration with older items not being re-released, I can also understand why they aren't. Sometimes there's just no "right" choice and all you can do is limit the negative fallout while still adding an awesome new feature.
So thank you to everyone involved in making this for sharing your beautiful work and for being brave enough to face the inevitable backlash!

And to those of you despairing because the old sprites seem unachievable: I understand. I am a late-comer, too. And yes it was hard and took a long time, but bit by bit I was able to acquire every of the old sprites and apparel, even the Light Sprite in the end, and I don't have that much time for the game. So don't give up, it is possible! :)
I am looking forward to the next two years with everyone here, when we all together collect these new items, can cheer each other on, can have little moments to vent our inevitable bouts of frustration with each other, and will eventually have all those pretty items to make our shiny dragons even shinier! Some will get there sooner, but we will all get there eventually. :D

Fly on, my beautiful siblings!

Wow, those recolors are awesome! I must admit, I like quite a few of them more than the originals. XD
Completely with you there, @Drown !

@Artemiis : It will be the next one to be revealed. They add them as they add the files for them to the site.

Can't wait to see the recolored apparel! That new Runescroll and those Prismatic Scales look amazing even in that relatively small image!

While I can understand some peoples' frustration with older items not being re-released, I can also understand why they aren't. Sometimes there's just no "right" choice and all you can do is limit the negative fallout while still adding an awesome new feature.
So thank you to everyone involved in making this for sharing your beautiful work and for being brave enough to face the inevitable backlash!

And to those of you despairing because the old sprites seem unachievable: I understand. I am a late-comer, too. And yes it was hard and took a long time, but bit by bit I was able to acquire every of the old sprites and apparel, even the Light Sprite in the end, and I don't have that much time for the game. So don't give up, it is possible! :)
I am looking forward to the next two years with everyone here, when we all together collect these new items, can cheer each other on, can have little moments to vent our inevitable bouts of frustration with each other, and will eventually have all those pretty items to make our shiny dragons even shinier! Some will get there sooner, but we will all get there eventually. :D

Fly on, my beautiful siblings!

lightfull.png
not only did plague and nature switch
water and light did to!!
@piratewolfie
not only did plague and nature switch
water and light did to!!
@piratewolfie
fuck_smal_boi_adopt.png fuck_smal_boi_art.png fuck_smal_boi_accent.png Yr0dYV1.png
@BabPuff I noticed, but as far as I know light and water don't have some sort of special connection? D:
@BabPuff I noticed, but as far as I know light and water don't have some sort of special connection? D:
CEMkO7t.png gifYPqJ.png
[quote name="Rythen" date=2017-06-23 02:19:29] good job, FR, you've made the Wind Flight freak out. (we're excited) [/quote] Aren't... aren't we ALWAYS excited, though? c':
Rythen wrote on 2017-06-23:
good job, FR, you've made the Wind Flight freak out.

(we're excited)

Aren't... aren't we ALWAYS excited, though? c':
nXzCm1w.png
Holy smokes thank you for not releasing and also releasing sprites in a way because those recolours look amazing !!
Holy smokes thank you for not releasing and also releasing sprites in a way because those recolours look amazing !!
m16OKP.jpeg
[quote name="Piratewolfie" date=2017-06-23 02:52:06] @BabPuff I noticed, but as far as I know light and water don't have some sort of special connection? D: [/quote] Light seeks truth (and makes eldritch MONSTER dragons by accident) Water sees the future which is the one truth you can't actively discover you just have to wait for it hm
Piratewolfie wrote on 2017-06-23:
Light seeks truth (and makes eldritch MONSTER dragons by accident)
Water sees the future which is the one truth you can't actively discover you just have to wait for it
hm
Oh no! The box said it would be a honey/mist/auburn breeding project!
I really love the recolors, but honestly I'm really disappointed that the older apparel and sprites won't be available through this. I don't see how that helps newer players much considering the last years familiars and apparel are all fairly easy to get-I joined in December and I already have all the familiars for the last two years and most of the apparel for the last year's festival. They're already in the AH for descent prices affordable for even newer players.

The older apparel and familiars are what would mean a lot to newer players. I understand that it's meant to keep the items special for 'older players' but I still don't see that as being especially fair considering even some older players weren't able to get those items. I have a friend who has been on since very early on and they fell ill and were unable to get those items due to being hospitalized. Also a fair deal of those older items are on accounts that more likely than not are never going to be touched again.

I can see the appeal in keeping them extremely limited, but I don't see why that makes it fair to keep them out of the box completely. Even if it was a one in a million chance at getting one of those items, I think that would be much fairer for everyone. It would still maintain the rarity while at least giving the people who couldn't possibly get them through other means some small chance at it.
I really love the recolors, but honestly I'm really disappointed that the older apparel and sprites won't be available through this. I don't see how that helps newer players much considering the last years familiars and apparel are all fairly easy to get-I joined in December and I already have all the familiars for the last two years and most of the apparel for the last year's festival. They're already in the AH for descent prices affordable for even newer players.

The older apparel and familiars are what would mean a lot to newer players. I understand that it's meant to keep the items special for 'older players' but I still don't see that as being especially fair considering even some older players weren't able to get those items. I have a friend who has been on since very early on and they fell ill and were unable to get those items due to being hospitalized. Also a fair deal of those older items are on accounts that more likely than not are never going to be touched again.

I can see the appeal in keeping them extremely limited, but I don't see why that makes it fair to keep them out of the box completely. Even if it was a one in a million chance at getting one of those items, I think that would be much fairer for everyone. It would still maintain the rarity while at least giving the people who couldn't possibly get them through other means some small chance at it.
F1jpN4O.png
Ah, this is awesome, I love the recolors of the familiars, they are gorgeous! And the festival items!! I want like five of those scrolls. Choosing an item to spend my token on will be difficult...

I'm on the fence about the un-retirement however. While I like the idea of bringing back old apparel, skins and familiars to make catching up possible for new members (a lot, actually), I think the execution in this case is somewhat unbalanced?

The oldest and most rare items will continue to be just that to the point of being completely unavailable (infinite number of people who might want them in the future vs. finite number of available items - you can't just say "work for it like me" if they are no longer on the market - which is just a matter of time).

On the other hand, we have the newer festival items which will stay in circulation and possibly even drop in rarity since they are included in these chests. I just don't see the point of un-retiring items in such a selective fashion if your goal was to help newer members to catch up? This doesn't really address the issue of items disappearing of the market in the future, in my opinion.

So bottom line: I love the recolors but I'm not in love with bringing back some festival items while leaving others retired. Camp "all or nothing" I suppose.
Ah, this is awesome, I love the recolors of the familiars, they are gorgeous! And the festival items!! I want like five of those scrolls. Choosing an item to spend my token on will be difficult...

I'm on the fence about the un-retirement however. While I like the idea of bringing back old apparel, skins and familiars to make catching up possible for new members (a lot, actually), I think the execution in this case is somewhat unbalanced?

The oldest and most rare items will continue to be just that to the point of being completely unavailable (infinite number of people who might want them in the future vs. finite number of available items - you can't just say "work for it like me" if they are no longer on the market - which is just a matter of time).

On the other hand, we have the newer festival items which will stay in circulation and possibly even drop in rarity since they are included in these chests. I just don't see the point of un-retiring items in such a selective fashion if your goal was to help newer members to catch up? This doesn't really address the issue of items disappearing of the market in the future, in my opinion.

So bottom line: I love the recolors but I'm not in love with bringing back some festival items while leaving others retired. Camp "all or nothing" I suppose.
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 141 142