Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Petals: A New Primary Gene!
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
So expensive…….. Whatever gonna buy 1 anyways
So expensive…….. Whatever gonna buy 1 anyways
200.gif200.gif
[quote name="Itsy" date=2016-04-15 11:24:43] Quit whining. It's a coli gene now. Get over it. Flight Rising doesn't have to baby you. If you don't want to coli, then you can earn treasure and buy it like a human being. As someone who colis 24/7 it's likely the gene won't even be that expensive at the end of the week. So please. Quit crying. [/quote] That being said, I love you. Thanks.
Itsy wrote on 2016-04-15:
Quit whining. It's a coli gene now. Get over it. Flight Rising doesn't have to baby you. If you don't want to coli, then you can earn treasure and buy it like a human being. As someone who colis 24/7 it's likely the gene won't even be that expensive at the end of the week. So please. Quit crying.

That being said, I love you. Thanks.
Good_Shit_WCMale_Emoji_Size.png Lichtdrache.gif
I'm pretty glad the gene is for coliseum, honestly.

I do think the coliseum needs to be more accessible, but that's something that will most likely be addressed in the rewrite. Honestly, a lot of things in real life are like that.

Want a dinosaur fossil but can't dig it up? Buy one.
Want a geode but you can't find it? Buy one.
Want a car but can't make it yourself? Buy one.
Want jewelry but can't make it? Buy it.
Want clothes but you can't make any? Buy some.
Heck, want milk but you don't have a cow or goat? Buy some.

It's boring to add genes into the game with only two ways. The game needs more than that.

Honestly, some people can't buy gems but no one complains about gem gene prices. Those are very expensive, especially the primaries. Petals will be more expensive than python/morph once the rush dies down. So let's say someone can't buy gems or coli. Python and morph will be easier to get then petals eventually. No one complains about petal's price.

Want proof? The cheapest cleaver only 75kt or 85g. The cheapest crowned roc is 700kt or about 600g, which is expensive, but keep in mind a lot of people still haven't obtained it because it is still new(ish) and that's still cheaper than gem genes. The cheapest mantarune is about 200g or 170kt. And you still have to remember this would drop in all venues.

Sure, people would want more than one. But look at the cleaver, still. Some people are going to want more than one. It's 75k. The copper filigree only drops in the golem workshop, where a lot of people don't grind, and it's not the price of gem genes. (There are several pieces and I don't want to go over each and every one, but the cheapest piece is the helmet which is 114kt or 143g.) People are going to want multiple of those, and they're only dropping in one venue, and that venue is not a common grinding place.

So buy one when the price settles. People buy light sprites. You can buy a coliseum drop if you want it enough and have the time. :/

EDIT:

Also guys, cut the poor admins some slack. They're trying to make the majority happy. They're doing polls and that's what happens to win. I can't imagine what they're feeling right now, because almost every move they do is overtaken by a ton of people complaining about it. They can do absolutely nothing without the post being dragged down by complainers anymore. Remember they are humans behind a screen just like you and I. Put yourself in their position for a moment. How would you feel if you do a poll and people ruin the happy mood by getting mad that what they wanted to win didn't? This may sound a bit harsh, and sorry about that, but seriously guys, they're trying to make everyone happy. I know I wouldn't like it if I made a post because most people wanted this, and then a ton of people complain to you about other people wanting the coliseum option. Please, just keep in mind that they really are trying to make everyone happy, you included, and that they spent time and work into it. Imagine how upsetting it could be to be complained at every move. I just want you to keep that in mind.
I'm pretty glad the gene is for coliseum, honestly.

I do think the coliseum needs to be more accessible, but that's something that will most likely be addressed in the rewrite. Honestly, a lot of things in real life are like that.

Want a dinosaur fossil but can't dig it up? Buy one.
Want a geode but you can't find it? Buy one.
Want a car but can't make it yourself? Buy one.
Want jewelry but can't make it? Buy it.
Want clothes but you can't make any? Buy some.
Heck, want milk but you don't have a cow or goat? Buy some.

It's boring to add genes into the game with only two ways. The game needs more than that.

Honestly, some people can't buy gems but no one complains about gem gene prices. Those are very expensive, especially the primaries. Petals will be more expensive than python/morph once the rush dies down. So let's say someone can't buy gems or coli. Python and morph will be easier to get then petals eventually. No one complains about petal's price.

Want proof? The cheapest cleaver only 75kt or 85g. The cheapest crowned roc is 700kt or about 600g, which is expensive, but keep in mind a lot of people still haven't obtained it because it is still new(ish) and that's still cheaper than gem genes. The cheapest mantarune is about 200g or 170kt. And you still have to remember this would drop in all venues.

Sure, people would want more than one. But look at the cleaver, still. Some people are going to want more than one. It's 75k. The copper filigree only drops in the golem workshop, where a lot of people don't grind, and it's not the price of gem genes. (There are several pieces and I don't want to go over each and every one, but the cheapest piece is the helmet which is 114kt or 143g.) People are going to want multiple of those, and they're only dropping in one venue, and that venue is not a common grinding place.

So buy one when the price settles. People buy light sprites. You can buy a coliseum drop if you want it enough and have the time. :/

EDIT:

Also guys, cut the poor admins some slack. They're trying to make the majority happy. They're doing polls and that's what happens to win. I can't imagine what they're feeling right now, because almost every move they do is overtaken by a ton of people complaining about it. They can do absolutely nothing without the post being dragged down by complainers anymore. Remember they are humans behind a screen just like you and I. Put yourself in their position for a moment. How would you feel if you do a poll and people ruin the happy mood by getting mad that what they wanted to win didn't? This may sound a bit harsh, and sorry about that, but seriously guys, they're trying to make everyone happy. I know I wouldn't like it if I made a post because most people wanted this, and then a ton of people complain to you about other people wanting the coliseum option. Please, just keep in mind that they really are trying to make everyone happy, you included, and that they spent time and work into it. Imagine how upsetting it could be to be complained at every move. I just want you to keep that in mind.
yeaaaas I have been waiting
yeaaaas I have been waiting
Night ~ She/Her ~ +2 FR Time
Yep. My heart is here.
Yep. My heart is here.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png

love the petals

love the petals
I must be weird for liking that it went to the Coliseum. It's a nice bonus :)

Yeah, it may suck to some players who can't grind. The same has always been true for those who want gem genes. You save up the treasure yourself, or put money into the game to buy it. Even if it was in the market place it would still be the same. You'd have to save up. The price will depend on the popularity which once the initial "ONG!!!' wares off I bet it won't be that bad. Even Nocturne scrolls aren't horribly priced for their rarity - and they only drop a month out of the year!

That's just how it's going to be. For those users who cannot coli for one reason or another, I'm sure that you've found other ways to make treasure on here. Just save up, dang o_o; There are users on here who makes TONS of money - and not in the Coli or the fairgrounds. Flipping hatchlings, familiars, marketplace stock, crafting baldwin and selling ingredients, sell swipp swap items.

I rarely buy gems with $$, I just save up treasure and convert to gems. at almost 750t to 1g it gets pricy. Just have patients.
I must be weird for liking that it went to the Coliseum. It's a nice bonus :)

Yeah, it may suck to some players who can't grind. The same has always been true for those who want gem genes. You save up the treasure yourself, or put money into the game to buy it. Even if it was in the market place it would still be the same. You'd have to save up. The price will depend on the popularity which once the initial "ONG!!!' wares off I bet it won't be that bad. Even Nocturne scrolls aren't horribly priced for their rarity - and they only drop a month out of the year!

That's just how it's going to be. For those users who cannot coli for one reason or another, I'm sure that you've found other ways to make treasure on here. Just save up, dang o_o; There are users on here who makes TONS of money - and not in the Coli or the fairgrounds. Flipping hatchlings, familiars, marketplace stock, crafting baldwin and selling ingredients, sell swipp swap items.

I rarely buy gems with $$, I just save up treasure and convert to gems. at almost 750t to 1g it gets pricy. Just have patients.
icefull2.png
*bounces around excitedly*
*bounces around excitedly*
XgFzLz3.gif
Love the decision to make a coli gene.

also Petals <3
Love the decision to make a coli gene.

also Petals <3
@DragonFire

I can't say how much I agree with you. And, hey, I'm not shy about speaking up when I think something is bad. I felt no qualms about voicing my displeasure with the Stained Gene, nor with voicing my approval of the Python/Morph decision and Petal gene. Is Petal expensive? My dear goodness, yes. Is it worth it? The Quag says 'totally man!'. XD

In every game I've ever played, there have been good and bad parts to it. Now, I admit, I'm a Coliseum player. I like the Coli. I have multiple Lv. 25 Dragons. I find it relaxing to Coli while listening to an audiobook or music. I realize that not everyone enjoys it, and to each their own. Focus on whatever you *do* like.

There's nothing wrong with saying you dislike something. You have every right to say, "I think X is the worst idea ever!", but, in the Python/Morph case, it was a poll. The majority spoke for what they wanted, and the Admins gave it to us. That's not a problem with the Admins. It's a problem with the majority. Not everyone wants just another boring restocking gene. I personally hate restocking systems with a deep and utter loathing. Restocking breaks practically every game it touches, and it was the fear that Flight Rising would be yet another Restock-nerfed website that made me pass on funding their Kickstarter years ago. I'm glad they didn't turn out as bad as 90% of the websites that involve any form of restocking system, but I'd still prefer, in a perfect world, that restocking not be present at ALL. That's my opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone agrees with me, and I recognize that. Still, if given a vote between something being released to a restocking system or something else, ANYTHING else, I'll pick the anything else 99% of the time.

~Quaggy
@DragonFire

I can't say how much I agree with you. And, hey, I'm not shy about speaking up when I think something is bad. I felt no qualms about voicing my displeasure with the Stained Gene, nor with voicing my approval of the Python/Morph decision and Petal gene. Is Petal expensive? My dear goodness, yes. Is it worth it? The Quag says 'totally man!'. XD

In every game I've ever played, there have been good and bad parts to it. Now, I admit, I'm a Coliseum player. I like the Coli. I have multiple Lv. 25 Dragons. I find it relaxing to Coli while listening to an audiobook or music. I realize that not everyone enjoys it, and to each their own. Focus on whatever you *do* like.

There's nothing wrong with saying you dislike something. You have every right to say, "I think X is the worst idea ever!", but, in the Python/Morph case, it was a poll. The majority spoke for what they wanted, and the Admins gave it to us. That's not a problem with the Admins. It's a problem with the majority. Not everyone wants just another boring restocking gene. I personally hate restocking systems with a deep and utter loathing. Restocking breaks practically every game it touches, and it was the fear that Flight Rising would be yet another Restock-nerfed website that made me pass on funding their Kickstarter years ago. I'm glad they didn't turn out as bad as 90% of the websites that involve any form of restocking system, but I'd still prefer, in a perfect world, that restocking not be present at ALL. That's my opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone agrees with me, and I recognize that. Still, if given a vote between something being released to a restocking system or something else, ANYTHING else, I'll pick the anything else 99% of the time.

~Quaggy
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76