Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Contest Winners! Faire games!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Thrage How are Spiral clutches being weighted now?
@Thrage How are Spiral clutches being weighted now?
Let me be frank, here and now: I really am loving this game. I love the coliseum, I've spent money on the game to both support it and because I don't mind spending money on things I enjoy, and I really love how the breeding works... mostly. I understand you guys have growing pains and are a new site.

I can already tell, sadly, from my experiences with new games, old games, and everything in between that if things do not change it will die a slow, agonizing site death.

Breeding cool downs, the inability to listen to your audience and customers, the devaluation of you products (gems), as well as the latency issues at this very crucial time will be Flight Rising's stabs to the back.

Latency issues? Fine, you guys are trying to fix that. Good.

You guys do need to listen to your customers. When there is a significant outcry about an issue concerning the whole site, changes and conflict resolution should be made in an effort to lessen the negative effects.

Having THIRTY-FIVE (THIIIIIIRTTTYY FIIIIVEEE) day cool down for a breed you must pay TWENTY DOLLARS for? Ridiculous. You say it's to keep the value of the product over time, so you do not remove them after only a month, but that is a only an excuse. You have a BEAUTIFULLY integrated "disposal" system to make sure your servers don't get overwhelmed (Dominance/Exaltation System). Yet, I can tell you now that it will fail.

Why? Well, let's do some quick math. Currently, one gem is held at being 75 treasure, therefore one USD or 100 gem, is 7.5K treasure. Due to the breeding cooldown, there's more emphasis on "saving" dragons because they are valuable commodities, even those of bland or unwanted colors. A generally accepted price for a dragon is 50K treasure, which is roughly $6.67. Two dragons and you're looking at a circuit or shimmer gene... so on and so forth. Why simply "delete" something you can pretty easily sell and make a decent chunk of change?

Even with that in play, it comes down to the wildclaws. You are a business trying to sell a product. A business that prefers to punish paying customers. You don't want to know the number of people have questioned me spending money here or stated they would not spend money here, not with how things are now.

As for the people under the impression of 'pay to win', I'm sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. Go home. I'm sorry that was harsh, but it's needed. I see it everywhere and I am so sick and tired of you people. Stop shaming people supporting the game. Let me say this slowly: There is no, I repeat, no way to win this game. How people play is of ZERO concern to you, nor what they want to spend their money or time on. It effects you in NO way whatsoever. "Oh, but it's unfairrr! I can't afford to spend money here!" SILENCE! Flight Rising is a BUSINESS. That is selling a PRODUCT. Of COURSE they need to make the product attractive to CUSTOMERS so they will give them MONEY. I'm sorry you can't afford that, but that's life. If you want something from the gem exclusive shop, then work hard for it to get it, because it's not like spending money on the site is the ONLY way to get it. I worked hard, day in and day out at my job to earn the money to spend here. you can work hard to earn the fake money to spend here.

That is my opinions on the site as I see things.
Let me be frank, here and now: I really am loving this game. I love the coliseum, I've spent money on the game to both support it and because I don't mind spending money on things I enjoy, and I really love how the breeding works... mostly. I understand you guys have growing pains and are a new site.

I can already tell, sadly, from my experiences with new games, old games, and everything in between that if things do not change it will die a slow, agonizing site death.

Breeding cool downs, the inability to listen to your audience and customers, the devaluation of you products (gems), as well as the latency issues at this very crucial time will be Flight Rising's stabs to the back.

Latency issues? Fine, you guys are trying to fix that. Good.

You guys do need to listen to your customers. When there is a significant outcry about an issue concerning the whole site, changes and conflict resolution should be made in an effort to lessen the negative effects.

Having THIRTY-FIVE (THIIIIIIRTTTYY FIIIIVEEE) day cool down for a breed you must pay TWENTY DOLLARS for? Ridiculous. You say it's to keep the value of the product over time, so you do not remove them after only a month, but that is a only an excuse. You have a BEAUTIFULLY integrated "disposal" system to make sure your servers don't get overwhelmed (Dominance/Exaltation System). Yet, I can tell you now that it will fail.

Why? Well, let's do some quick math. Currently, one gem is held at being 75 treasure, therefore one USD or 100 gem, is 7.5K treasure. Due to the breeding cooldown, there's more emphasis on "saving" dragons because they are valuable commodities, even those of bland or unwanted colors. A generally accepted price for a dragon is 50K treasure, which is roughly $6.67. Two dragons and you're looking at a circuit or shimmer gene... so on and so forth. Why simply "delete" something you can pretty easily sell and make a decent chunk of change?

Even with that in play, it comes down to the wildclaws. You are a business trying to sell a product. A business that prefers to punish paying customers. You don't want to know the number of people have questioned me spending money here or stated they would not spend money here, not with how things are now.

As for the people under the impression of 'pay to win', I'm sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. Go home. I'm sorry that was harsh, but it's needed. I see it everywhere and I am so sick and tired of you people. Stop shaming people supporting the game. Let me say this slowly: There is no, I repeat, no way to win this game. How people play is of ZERO concern to you, nor what they want to spend their money or time on. It effects you in NO way whatsoever. "Oh, but it's unfairrr! I can't afford to spend money here!" SILENCE! Flight Rising is a BUSINESS. That is selling a PRODUCT. Of COURSE they need to make the product attractive to CUSTOMERS so they will give them MONEY. I'm sorry you can't afford that, but that's life. If you want something from the gem exclusive shop, then work hard for it to get it, because it's not like spending money on the site is the ONLY way to get it. I worked hard, day in and day out at my job to earn the money to spend here. you can work hard to earn the fake money to spend here.

That is my opinions on the site as I see things.
@Inactiat

yep!

What's the point of exalting dragons when you're throwing away $6.50 every time you do that?

I understand breeding limitations, I really do. But those kinda need to be implemented when it starts being a problem.

My solution?
Make an item that will speed up cooldown periods.

Why?
because you can control how often this item is in the market.

Too many dragons?
give extra perks for exalting them.
also
limit the amount of the "cooldown" item.

Dragons too expensive and are hurting the cost of gems?
release more of the "cooldown" items.
Get your value back up.

You can play with the economy as needed. No harm done.

This is coming from a person who /works/ for a breeding sim. (wajas)
and who has seen other breeding sims take the fall into oblivion.

Flight rising is an economy game, and right now the economy is out of control.
@Inactiat

yep!

What's the point of exalting dragons when you're throwing away $6.50 every time you do that?

I understand breeding limitations, I really do. But those kinda need to be implemented when it starts being a problem.

My solution?
Make an item that will speed up cooldown periods.

Why?
because you can control how often this item is in the market.

Too many dragons?
give extra perks for exalting them.
also
limit the amount of the "cooldown" item.

Dragons too expensive and are hurting the cost of gems?
release more of the "cooldown" items.
Get your value back up.

You can play with the economy as needed. No harm done.

This is coming from a person who /works/ for a breeding sim. (wajas)
and who has seen other breeding sims take the fall into oblivion.

maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png

Wow! Congratulations guys! Those skins are simply beautiful !

I loved to see a contest come about so soon, and so many people participate! Seeing all of those skins was beautiful, and surely inspired many artists around the site, I know for sure! It was so cool to see how much participation this community here shows, and that the wonderful site is growing so largely, so quickly! I can&#039;t wait to look back in the future and see all the progress done <3

Wow! Congratulations guys! Those skins are simply beautiful !

I loved to see a contest come about so soon, and so many people participate! Seeing all of those skins was beautiful, and surely inspired many artists around the site, I know for sure! It was so cool to see how much participation this community here shows, and that the wonderful site is growing so largely, so quickly! I can&#039;t wait to look back in the future and see all the progress done <3

Congrats to the winners. The skins are beautiful.

(Starts saving money, and fights light monsters ferociously...)
Congrats to the winners. The skins are beautiful.

(Starts saving money, and fights light monsters ferociously...)
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
Very strongly agreed with Inactiat and Zrcalo. This is a beautiful game, but things are out of balance and if it doesn&#039;t get addressed then you (the staff) will have done all of this for a small blip of fame in the big world of pet sims instead of becoming one of the long lasting marvels of the digital world.
Very strongly agreed with Inactiat and Zrcalo. This is a beautiful game, but things are out of balance and if it doesn&#039;t get addressed then you (the staff) will have done all of this for a small blip of fame in the big world of pet sims instead of becoming one of the long lasting marvels of the digital world.
a6ab6a2a-f6bd-40ad-a7bb-e9fcf5166a6c_zps3583fa7c.png
Economy talk here:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=173719
Economy talk here:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=173719
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
[quote name="Zrcalo" date="2013-06-26 21:04:31" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=9&id=165554#173488"]Flight rising is an economy game, and right now the economy is out of control.[/quote] That pretty much sums it up lol

That pretty much sums it up lol
-sips tea-
[quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:46:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172561"]I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, [b]the only means of income is gone, too?[/b] I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win. [/quote] Oh please, I got like 7 or 8k from jigsaw hard mode earlier. xD
I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win.
Oh please, I got like 7 or 8k from jigsaw hard mode earlier. xD
Even though I&#039;ve been good with the way things changed I will point out one thing (as others have pointed out). On hard mode Jigsaw, it always starts out running smooth, but after a while the time it takes for pieces to connect goes from instant to increasing increments of seconds. It then gets to the point where my browser is saying that something went wrong in the script and then my browser stops responding. I&#039;ve also noticed it makes my computer&#039;s fan blow like crazy.

-Edit-

I played it on chrome (was using firefox before) to see if there was a difference and I was able to solve a puzzle without any lag. I&#039;ve noticed an increase in performance in the coliseum as well on chrome. I&#039;ll keep at it to see if it was just my firefox browser being a butt or not.

-edit 2- Yup my firefox is a butt when it comes to flight rising. Oh wells.
Even though I&#039;ve been good with the way things changed I will point out one thing (as others have pointed out). On hard mode Jigsaw, it always starts out running smooth, but after a while the time it takes for pieces to connect goes from instant to increasing increments of seconds. It then gets to the point where my browser is saying that something went wrong in the script and then my browser stops responding. I&#039;ve also noticed it makes my computer&#039;s fan blow like crazy.

-Edit-

I played it on chrome (was using firefox before) to see if there was a difference and I was able to solve a puzzle without any lag. I&#039;ve noticed an increase in performance in the coliseum as well on chrome. I&#039;ll keep at it to see if it was just my firefox browser being a butt or not.

-edit 2- Yup my firefox is a butt when it comes to flight rising. Oh wells.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21