Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Contest Winners! Faire games!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:46:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172561"]I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win. [/quote] It won't become Pay To Win... because since I have joined, the value of Gems has dropped every single day. Which is another issue in and of itself. Personally I now find it too much of a hassle to play Jigsaw now, with my failing eyesight and old computer, but I do still enjoy the coliseum when it is working so I'm not crying too much. I will just have to wait and see what further changes are made to the game (more space to organize things?)
I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win.

It won't become Pay To Win... because since I have joined, the value of Gems has dropped every single day. Which is another issue in and of itself.

Personally I now find it too much of a hassle to play Jigsaw now, with my failing eyesight and old computer, but I do still enjoy the coliseum when it is working so I'm not crying too much. I will just have to wait and see what further changes are made to the game (more space to organize things?)
[quote name="Shippeh" date="2013-06-26 20:00:27" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=9&id=165554#172715"][quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:46:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172561"]I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win. [/quote] It won't become Pay To Win... because since I have joined, the value of Gems has dropped every single day. Which is another issue in and of itself. Personally I now find it too much of a hassle to play Jigsaw now, with my failing eyesight and old computer, but I do still enjoy the coliseum when it is working so I'm not crying too much. I will just have to wait and see what further changes are made to the game (more space to organize things?)[/quote] You're right. I guess that is all we can do now.
I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win.

It won't become Pay To Win... because since I have joined, the value of Gems has dropped every single day. Which is another issue in and of itself.

Personally I now find it too much of a hassle to play Jigsaw now, with my failing eyesight and old computer, but I do still enjoy the coliseum when it is working so I'm not crying too much. I will just have to wait and see what further changes are made to the game (more space to organize things?)

You're right. I guess that is all we can do now.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
[quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:57:14" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=9&id=165554#172681"][quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-26 19:53:48" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172639"][quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:46:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172561"]I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win. [/quote] @kerru - Whoa, whoa, whoa. Income has [b]not [/b]been removed; I'm not sure where that's coming from! If the games aren't producing treasure, that's most certainly a bug. However, I just checked in on both [i]Runestones of the Arcanist [/i]and [i]Jigsaw [/i]and they are both producing treasure -- are they not functioning for you?[/quote] Please try to understand where I am coming from. People have said that the Runestones aren't giving a lot of treasure and we all know how well the Coliseum is working. Now the puzzle is glitching too...It's not broken....don't fix it.[/quote] Totally understand where you're coming from, but I probably didn't understand the meaning of your post very well. I got the impression that you were receiving no treasure at all, and just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. :) Trust me, our intention is not to completely drive treasure gain into the ground, so please do not worry about that! We are watching things very closely and working hard to get everything going and balanced. I know that it's frustrating when you're asked to hang in there, but I promise we're moving as fast as our tired, frail human bodies can go to get Flight Rising in good shape!

@kerru -

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Income has not been removed; I'm not sure where that's coming from! If the games aren't producing treasure, that's most certainly a bug. However, I just checked in on both Runestones of the Arcanist and Jigsaw and they are both producing treasure -- are they not functioning for you?

Please try to understand where I am coming from. People have said that the Runestones aren't giving a lot of treasure and we all know how well the Coliseum is working. Now the puzzle is glitching too...It's not broken....don't fix it.

Totally understand where you're coming from, but I probably didn't understand the meaning of your post very well. I got the impression that you were receiving no treasure at all, and just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. :) Trust me, our intention is not to completely drive treasure gain into the ground, so please do not worry about that! We are watching things very closely and working hard to get everything going and balanced. I know that it's frustrating when you're asked to hang in there, but I promise we're moving as fast as our tired, frail human bodies can go to get Flight Rising in good shape!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Can we please get an admin answer to the wildclaw issue that alot of people are asking about?
Can we please get an admin answer to the wildclaw issue that alot of people are asking about?
[quote name="Schlomo" date="2013-06-26 20:10:38" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=9&id=165554#172864"]Can we please get an admin answer to the wildclaw issue that alot of people are asking about?[/quote] This. I'm actually grinding treasure and will be getting gems to refund some of my buyers if this issue's as I am being led to believe- Not sure my anxiety can handle having a 4+ month waiting list where people are breathing down my neck for a hatchling.

This. I'm actually grinding treasure and will be getting gems to refund some of my buyers if this issue's as I am being led to believe- Not sure my anxiety can handle having a 4+ month waiting list where people are breathing down my neck for a hatchling.
w1E8cdy.png
♦My Tumblr ♦ My Art ♦
Thanks.
Congrats to winners!

;n; Jigsaw is slow as heck for me now, for whatever reason...
Thanks.
Congrats to winners!

;n; Jigsaw is slow as heck for me now, for whatever reason...
Also Jigsaw is actually SLOWER now than it was before

slow enough that playing it with nothing else running causes the fans in my computer to run fast enough to make me worry about this ol laptop bursting into flames

the old Jigsaw didn't do that...

EDIT: I actually just threw up my hands and gave up on the hard puzzle I was doing
It was lagging so bad that when I'd go to click a new piece to move it I'd end up moving the previous piece instead, even when my mouse was across the screen from it.

and YES PLEASE ANSWER US ABOUT THE WILDCLAW STUFF OMG
Also Jigsaw is actually SLOWER now than it was before

slow enough that playing it with nothing else running causes the fans in my computer to run fast enough to make me worry about this ol laptop bursting into flames

the old Jigsaw didn't do that...

EDIT: I actually just threw up my hands and gave up on the hard puzzle I was doing
It was lagging so bad that when I'd go to click a new piece to move it I'd end up moving the previous piece instead, even when my mouse was across the screen from it.

and YES PLEASE ANSWER US ABOUT THE WILDCLAW STUFF OMG
-sips tea-
@Xhaztol

I thought you guys were dragons though. I'm very disappointed =(

Really though, you guys should take an hour every week and do like a Livestream/Chat. That would clear a LOT of these questions up.
@Xhaztol

I thought you guys were dragons though. I'm very disappointed =(

Really though, you guys should take an hour every week and do like a Livestream/Chat. That would clear a LOT of these questions up.
If you're trying to get my attention in the forums, please @ me!
Very disappointed with the Jigsaw changes. I'm experiencing a ton of lag and the pieces jumping means the game stops and loads every single time I move a piece. Even if the piece is lined up perfectly in the right spot it still stops, lags, loads, jumps, with each piece I move.

The pieces jumping is also quite nauseating. I can't even finish a game without feeling a headache coming on :(
Very disappointed with the Jigsaw changes. I'm experiencing a ton of lag and the pieces jumping means the game stops and loads every single time I move a piece. Even if the piece is lined up perfectly in the right spot it still stops, lags, loads, jumps, with each piece I move.

The pieces jumping is also quite nauseating. I can't even finish a game without feeling a headache coming on :(
Wow; I'm a bit shocked at the negativity buzzing around here all of a sudden. I don't see anything wrong with what's been done, and I find it a bit puzzling that everyone is making such a big deal.

The issues with Jigsaw have their own topic, so I won't go into detail here about what I think is a reasonable complaint and what is clearly a complete lack of understanding about why this was done. The admins have made it plain that they are intending to alter the setup as well, so I see no reason to complain. I'm having no trouble with it, at any rate. The bouncing pieces add a bit of a challenge to a game that was quickly becoming stale to me. And I believe Thrage confirmed that he intended to enlarge the board size, the only real issue with the game.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with the hard cap, because unless you're spending five hours playing easy puzzles you're not going to hit that number anyway, and before the increase it was even harder to hit. (Except, of course, by the people implementing the aforementioned cheat.) I can make more treasure now than I could before (and have an incentive for trying, now), so I fail to see where the problem is. I also failed to understand all the people complaining about how difficult it was to make treasure before, so perhaps I'm just not looking at this the same way everyone else is. Things seem easier to me.

As for Wildclaw breeding, they are a rare breed. They are supposed to be difficult to obtain; the admins don't want everyone to be able to have them right from the start, they want it to take time for their numbers to grow enough that lots of clans can have them. Because once they become commonplace, people will be clamoring for new breeds to obtain, which will fill the economic niche left by the Wildclaws. They're prolonging the time they'll need before they have to introduce major new content, since they're swamped with common features that are buggy or haven't been implemented yet.

Also, Wildclaw breeding would have been much better served if people with Wildclaws had waited a few breeding cycles before attempting to sell the hatchlings. The only way to create stable breeding is to increase the number of breeding pairs and alternate throughout the month, which is hard to do when the viable hatchlings are scattered across hundreds of accounts.

But again, that's just my view. Though the fact that this was done with the Wildclaws, who are destined to eventually be replaced by newer rare dragons, and not Imperials, who are only obtainable through breeding now that the Kickstarter is over, only strengthens my point.

Don't let the uproar bother you guys, FR staff, you're doing a fantastic job. =)

~ Azophel
Wow; I'm a bit shocked at the negativity buzzing around here all of a sudden. I don't see anything wrong with what's been done, and I find it a bit puzzling that everyone is making such a big deal.

The issues with Jigsaw have their own topic, so I won't go into detail here about what I think is a reasonable complaint and what is clearly a complete lack of understanding about why this was done. The admins have made it plain that they are intending to alter the setup as well, so I see no reason to complain. I'm having no trouble with it, at any rate. The bouncing pieces add a bit of a challenge to a game that was quickly becoming stale to me. And I believe Thrage confirmed that he intended to enlarge the board size, the only real issue with the game.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with the hard cap, because unless you're spending five hours playing easy puzzles you're not going to hit that number anyway, and before the increase it was even harder to hit. (Except, of course, by the people implementing the aforementioned cheat.) I can make more treasure now than I could before (and have an incentive for trying, now), so I fail to see where the problem is. I also failed to understand all the people complaining about how difficult it was to make treasure before, so perhaps I'm just not looking at this the same way everyone else is. Things seem easier to me.

As for Wildclaw breeding, they are a rare breed. They are supposed to be difficult to obtain; the admins don't want everyone to be able to have them right from the start, they want it to take time for their numbers to grow enough that lots of clans can have them. Because once they become commonplace, people will be clamoring for new breeds to obtain, which will fill the economic niche left by the Wildclaws. They're prolonging the time they'll need before they have to introduce major new content, since they're swamped with common features that are buggy or haven't been implemented yet.

Also, Wildclaw breeding would have been much better served if people with Wildclaws had waited a few breeding cycles before attempting to sell the hatchlings. The only way to create stable breeding is to increase the number of breeding pairs and alternate throughout the month, which is hard to do when the viable hatchlings are scattered across hundreds of accounts.

But again, that's just my view. Though the fact that this was done with the Wildclaws, who are destined to eventually be replaced by newer rare dragons, and not Imperials, who are only obtainable through breeding now that the Kickstarter is over, only strengthens my point.

Don't let the uproar bother you guys, FR staff, you're doing a fantastic job. =)

~ Azophel
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21