Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Starfall Celebration 2015
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
@PinkWater Oh that does look nice (what a pretty baby too!) thanks for the heads up and suggestion, I will most certainly be taking it!
@PinkWater Oh that does look nice (what a pretty baby too!) thanks for the heads up and suggestion, I will most certainly be taking it!
I haven't been on in so long and this is what I come back to! This is amazing! Loving the skins and the familiar is so cute
I haven't been on in so long and this is what I come back to! This is amazing! Loving the skins and the familiar is so cute
NEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!
NEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!
ldNLSdw.png
[quote name="LisaRae" date=2015-09-24 03:14:25] Why is it the higher I get in digging the less shards I get? :/ [/quote] It's random. Holiday currency is on a different table from the rest of gathering, and is not affected by skill. Your odds of turning up holiday currency as level 1 or 30 are equal. :) Holiday currency will only appear in arcane gathering zones during the Starfall Celebration.
LisaRae wrote on 2015-09-24:
Why is it the higher I get in digging the less shards I get? :/

It's random. Holiday currency is on a different table from the rest of gathering, and is not affected by skill. Your odds of turning up holiday currency as level 1 or 30 are equal. :) Holiday currency will only appear in arcane gathering zones during the Starfall Celebration.
Is there a place to see dragons with the skins on them? I'm just curious what color combos people have used.
Is there a place to see dragons with the skins on them? I'm just curious what color combos people have used.
N2GWjtTm.jpg
I'm not sure if I'm just having terrible RNG with these last few festivals or what. I haven't turned up a holiday chest under digging in the relevant zones in two or three events now.

I'm sure it's just a luck thing, but between this and randomly losing all 3 copies of my favorite holiday skin from Greenskeeper Gathering (the dew drop one for Spirals) from what I assume is a bug that never got addressed, it's been a rather frustrating few months.
I'm not sure if I'm just having terrible RNG with these last few festivals or what. I haven't turned up a holiday chest under digging in the relevant zones in two or three events now.

I'm sure it's just a luck thing, but between this and randomly losing all 3 copies of my favorite holiday skin from Greenskeeper Gathering (the dew drop one for Spirals) from what I assume is a bug that never got addressed, it's been a rather frustrating few months.
I wish there was skins for the Guardians ;3;
[quote name="DevilixTyrant" date=2015-09-24 20:16:35] I wish there was skins for the Guardians ;3; [/quote] That is just what I was thinking! Also something for female Wildclaws would be nice. My clan leader is a guardian and I was really hoping there would be something good for her this Starfall.
DevilixTyrant wrote on 2015-09-24:
That is just what I was thinking! Also something for female Wildclaws would be nice.
My clan leader is a guardian and I was really hoping there would be something good for her this Starfall.
GGinHwO.png WPrI8nF.pngVFsOpVv.png
@aesy OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, its super weird cuz i have only ever gotten one chest for all of the festivals ive been in and i think thats like... 9 or 10? I didnt realise its a little strange till my friends said they usually get a couple.
AND I JUST BOUGHT 3 SKINS AND IT TOOK MY MONEY AND THEYRE NOT SHOWING UP IN MY HOARD. I dont know what to do about it. How exactly did you lose those 3 skins?
@aesy OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, its super weird cuz i have only ever gotten one chest for all of the festivals ive been in and i think thats like... 9 or 10? I didnt realise its a little strange till my friends said they usually get a couple.
AND I JUST BOUGHT 3 SKINS AND IT TOOK MY MONEY AND THEYRE NOT SHOWING UP IN MY HOARD. I dont know what to do about it. How exactly did you lose those 3 skins?
bAYLel9.png
@raynalies I just had them sitting in my Hoard for a few months until I had the Spirals I wanted to use them on, and one day while looking through all of my categories, I noticed that they were no longer under Skins. I immediately thought that maybe I'd put them in my Vault for safe keeping because they were the only skins I didn't want to lose. When I saw they weren't there, I went to my Auction House history just to be sure I didn't sell them in my sleep or something. At the time I wasn't using the AH much so I knew they'd show up in my Activity, but they didn't.

I went to the Bugs forum and one of the first posts I saw was someone saying they'd had a very similar issue. I replied to it instead of making my own report, but no one ever got back to us.

I'm at least glad that there's some precedence for this behavior, but unless the history of my items are stored in FR's database, there's nothing I can do to prove that I even had those skins in the first place, so it's a little frustrating.

As to the not getting any chests thing, I don't even know. I've experienced events where I was getting the chests in favorable numbers. I've also noticed that the number of festival currency I find is a bit less than my first few events (I've only been on the site since April). Again, totally willing to chalk it up to chance, just flustered by it being so unreliable (with no programmatic checks in place to say maybe "hey, this person hasn't gotten a festival chest yet and it's day 5, increase their odds") and not knowing if it's another potential bug or just the way the game works.
@raynalies I just had them sitting in my Hoard for a few months until I had the Spirals I wanted to use them on, and one day while looking through all of my categories, I noticed that they were no longer under Skins. I immediately thought that maybe I'd put them in my Vault for safe keeping because they were the only skins I didn't want to lose. When I saw they weren't there, I went to my Auction House history just to be sure I didn't sell them in my sleep or something. At the time I wasn't using the AH much so I knew they'd show up in my Activity, but they didn't.

I went to the Bugs forum and one of the first posts I saw was someone saying they'd had a very similar issue. I replied to it instead of making my own report, but no one ever got back to us.

I'm at least glad that there's some precedence for this behavior, but unless the history of my items are stored in FR's database, there's nothing I can do to prove that I even had those skins in the first place, so it's a little frustrating.

As to the not getting any chests thing, I don't even know. I've experienced events where I was getting the chests in favorable numbers. I've also noticed that the number of festival currency I find is a bit less than my first few events (I've only been on the site since April). Again, totally willing to chalk it up to chance, just flustered by it being so unreliable (with no programmatic checks in place to say maybe "hey, this person hasn't gotten a festival chest yet and it's day 5, increase their odds") and not knowing if it's another potential bug or just the way the game works.
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45