Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair and Gathering Expansions!
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 54
@EarthTiger I was referring to people complaining about this lair expansion in particular being expensive. Heckie I don't even have 5 pages of dragons yet. @.@

I wouldn't /mind/ them being less expensive, but I also love a challenge, so I digress. I coli a lot and hoardsell my rewards
@EarthTiger I was referring to people complaining about this lair expansion in particular being expensive. Heckie I don't even have 5 pages of dragons yet. @.@

I wouldn't /mind/ them being less expensive, but I also love a challenge, so I digress. I coli a lot and hoardsell my rewards
uWKmYMk.jpg sykEOD9.jpg
@ThistleChaser As I've said before, not everyone has the time to actually save a lot of money. Any money I tried to save would end up being used on dragons I needed, or lair expansions, so I gave up on that. Now the only thing that can keep me from going below 20k is gilded chests, but that's if I'm lucky to get one. Just because I have 20 familiars on dragons at one time doesn't mean I'm going to have a lot of gilded chests at once. The majority of my familiars come from gathering, coli, and chests, because every where else they're too expensive to bother buying (any familiars that are cheap I have already).

The only reason I'm above 200k right now is because I decided to sell one of my holiday accents from over a year ago. I didn't want to sell it, but I had to.
@ThistleChaser As I've said before, not everyone has the time to actually save a lot of money. Any money I tried to save would end up being used on dragons I needed, or lair expansions, so I gave up on that. Now the only thing that can keep me from going below 20k is gilded chests, but that's if I'm lucky to get one. Just because I have 20 familiars on dragons at one time doesn't mean I'm going to have a lot of gilded chests at once. The majority of my familiars come from gathering, coli, and chests, because every where else they're too expensive to bother buying (any familiars that are cheap I have already).

The only reason I'm above 200k right now is because I decided to sell one of my holiday accents from over a year ago. I didn't want to sell it, but I had to.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
@QueenCheetah93 Okie, I wasn't sure ^^ I don't think I want to know how expensive this one is... I have 5 pages, and my next expansion would cost 346500 treasure (that's with 1% off because of dom), which is more money than I currently have
@QueenCheetah93 Okie, I wasn't sure ^^ I don't think I want to know how expensive this one is... I have 5 pages, and my next expansion would cost 346500 treasure (that's with 1% off because of dom), which is more money than I currently have
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Love the new updates!
Love the new updates!
kJ7P36i.png 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.pngKDzH3q9.png
Hello everyone:3 I'm new here:3
Hello everyone:3 I'm new here:3
demonlouie_racing_icons_animation_by_demonlouie-d8x2gky.gif
The Demon who trains Dragons!
THE JACKALOPES ARE ADORABLE.
THE JACKALOPES ARE ADORABLE.
Ft1xdVt.pngo9GbwME.png[/url]
@Undel [quote name="Undel" date=2015-08-21 22:58:00] [b]Forum thread titles[/b] now display in the browser's title bar, allowing them to show up in bookmarks. [/quote] Yay! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ^_^
@Undel
Undel wrote on 2015-08-21:
Forum thread titles now display in the browser's title bar, allowing them to show up in bookmarks.

Yay! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ^_^
966.png
Scribbles wrote:
Quartz is cursed; it's really the worst.
Someday it will be sand; that will be grand.
Dance party forever.
182.png
oh my goodness!!!!
oh my goodness!!!!
@EarthTiger

It's not THAT hard to make money here on FR.

If you have an eye for pretty dragons you can make a hatchery and have a decent success at that, given enough time.

If you have any art or writing skills whatsoever, people pay for that. Heck, even if you're doing things for free, people will tip you!

Buying cheap exalt fodder, leveling it to 7 or so, and exalting it, will generally net you around a ~3-5k profit about every five minutes.

Honestly, I just hatch a nest a day, chuck everyone in the Auction House, chuck familiar chests (or their contents) on the Auction House daily, bump threads periodically and make at least 100k a day. If dragons aren't selling, or my lair is filling up, I slash prices until they do sell. Granted I've been building pinglists up for about eight months so that does make it a little easier, but most of my sales come from the AH anyway so...

The lair expansions ARE prohibitively expensive but, you should realize that they are meant to be. Any economy needs a gold sink so that the ultra rich players aren't TOO rich and hoard wealth until it becomes meaningless. Having really expensive upper tier lair expansions helps ensure that treasure still has value and gems don't inflate in value as fast.
@EarthTiger

It's not THAT hard to make money here on FR.

If you have an eye for pretty dragons you can make a hatchery and have a decent success at that, given enough time.

If you have any art or writing skills whatsoever, people pay for that. Heck, even if you're doing things for free, people will tip you!

Buying cheap exalt fodder, leveling it to 7 or so, and exalting it, will generally net you around a ~3-5k profit about every five minutes.

Honestly, I just hatch a nest a day, chuck everyone in the Auction House, chuck familiar chests (or their contents) on the Auction House daily, bump threads periodically and make at least 100k a day. If dragons aren't selling, or my lair is filling up, I slash prices until they do sell. Granted I've been building pinglists up for about eight months so that does make it a little easier, but most of my sales come from the AH anyway so...

The lair expansions ARE prohibitively expensive but, you should realize that they are meant to be. Any economy needs a gold sink so that the ultra rich players aren't TOO rich and hoard wealth until it becomes meaningless. Having really expensive upper tier lair expansions helps ensure that treasure still has value and gems don't inflate in value as fast.
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
Now if we could only figure out why Crim keeps asking for those papers from the Beast Clans leadup puzzle. not that I mind, can't sell my extras, and she's paying better than the AH.
Now if we could only figure out why Crim keeps asking for those papers from the Beast Clans leadup puzzle. not that I mind, can't sell my extras, and she's paying better than the AH.
lSyxazy.png
5vnsOgE.png
Bv4nfib.png
fdUVIfW.pngoptH9Kd.png gg8Ii1Q.png
zl1ZGZ2.png 2VtxnMX.png 3Atxu83.png xXVzXvp.png RI1dQsH.png Pgv53XB.png hT8tqqJ.png NlmYDAS.png ANZRVK7.png jxjhtnM.png J8QoPxT.png F10c885.png kHBaXec.png
mYEe9VI.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 54