Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair and Gathering Expansions!
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 53 54
Lair expansions are expensive .. wonder how much higher the new ones will be..

New stuff and familiars.. good..

So with gathering expansion and lair.. expansion.. must mean something else is in the wind..

Watching America's Book of Secrets on the History channel.. interesting.. thing is most of this has already been exposed. It is just that in the way it was brought out most did not WANT to believe..
Well Believe..

Lair expansions are expensive .. wonder how much higher the new ones will be..

New stuff and familiars.. good..

So with gathering expansion and lair.. expansion.. must mean something else is in the wind..

Watching America's Book of Secrets on the History channel.. interesting.. thing is most of this has already been exposed. It is just that in the way it was brought out most did not WANT to believe..
Well Believe..

Sing with all the voices of the Mountain... ..
light_banner.png Light Sprite Sunbeam Ursa Sunbeam Soldier Shining Goblin light_banner.png
Paint with all the Colors of the Rainbow...
the jackalopes are cute **
the jackalopes are cute **
LEpJMnn.png
mlHpBMC.png
xYQkuHQ.png

liquidating DV account, i have KS, BETA and monthlies, PM me! Forum Post Here
*Screams and points at jackalopes*
*Screams and points at jackalopes*
[quote name="pretzuls" date=2015-08-22 19:14:40] Right, I'm with @QueenCheetah93 on this one. Lair expansions haven't changed in price and they only increased in availability. Those who couldn't afford it before likely aren't now. Unless the argument here is that lair expansions should be cheaper overall... that's a separate thing altogether. [/quote] pretty much this. I bought all the new expanded lairspace with 3mil left over. I knew they'd be this costly and saved up for it accordingly. I'd actually be a bit fussed if they dropped the price overall for the folks who didn't want to save up. oh! And a big THANK YOU for the update! I'M SO HAPPY I have more space for all the shiny deeerrrrrgons. My lair had been super duper full.
pretzuls wrote on 2015-08-22:
Right, I'm with @QueenCheetah93 on this one. Lair expansions haven't changed in price and they only increased in availability. Those who couldn't afford it before likely aren't now. Unless the argument here is that lair expansions should be cheaper overall... that's a separate thing altogether.

pretty much this. I bought all the new expanded lairspace with 3mil left over. I knew they'd be this costly and saved up for it accordingly. I'd actually be a bit fussed if they dropped the price overall for the folks who didn't want to save up.

oh! And a big THANK YOU for the update! I'M SO HAPPY I have more space for all the shiny deeerrrrrgons. My lair had been super duper full.
@Zephyria Not everyone can save up. Some of us have projects or coli teams which require a lot of money to invest in. I need a lot of genes for my dragons, but I had to sell a lot in order to make the lair space.

I personally think the prices should be lowered more because I think they're ridiculously expensive, and at some point either the prices will have to be lowered, or they'll have to make that the max amount of lair space ever.

This is all just my opinion though. I do see how it would be annoying for you to have saved and used up all that money just to later see the prices drop, but you also have to understand that not everyone can get even half a million treasure. I never have.
@Zephyria Not everyone can save up. Some of us have projects or coli teams which require a lot of money to invest in. I need a lot of genes for my dragons, but I had to sell a lot in order to make the lair space.

I personally think the prices should be lowered more because I think they're ridiculously expensive, and at some point either the prices will have to be lowered, or they'll have to make that the max amount of lair space ever.

This is all just my opinion though. I do see how it would be annoying for you to have saved and used up all that money just to later see the prices drop, but you also have to understand that not everyone can get even half a million treasure. I never have.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I don't play the coli or games so I wouldn't know about the investment there. If you prefer to spend your treasure on coli than on lairspace...I don't think the price set that everyone else had to pay should be adjusted for your more varied interests. Spend on what you like, certainly...but don't fuss when the treasure is spent and can't be used elsewhere.
I don't play the coli or games so I wouldn't know about the investment there. If you prefer to spend your treasure on coli than on lairspace...I don't think the price set that everyone else had to pay should be adjusted for your more varied interests. Spend on what you like, certainly...but don't fuss when the treasure is spent and can't be used elsewhere.
@QueenCheetah93 I think they're complaining about all lair expansions, and not just this new one. Which is something I'm complaining about. I'm all for more space, but I feel like something as necessary as lair expansion shouldn't be so expensive. I've been almost broke multiple times.

@pretzuls I don't know if I was one of the users QueenCheetah93 was referring to, but in my opinion the prices overall should be lowered. Lair expansion is something that is necessary to every user, and to have it become something almost impossible to achieve (more than once I've been forced to expand my lair and be left with around 20k in treasure) is frustrating and annoying.

(to no user in particular) I like having more lair expansions made available, but I hate having to be nearly broke just to make 5 more slots available to my dragons. And don't dare tell me I'm just not being dedicated enough about saving money. I also have dragons that need genes, dragons that need breed changes, and dragons that need gene changes for breeding projects. Not to mention that my coli teams can be expensive to level up when the stones I need are pricey, and the dragons I need for my breeding projects are typically between 12k and 30k in the AH (in treasure). I try to save, but to get money I have to make money. But then to make money I end up needing more lair space for the dragons that will get me money, and then that means I have no money to get the dragons that will give me money.
And, like @ViridisFae said, not everyone can spend hours at a time on FR. Some of us have other things to do (not meant as an offence to those who do have the time to be on FR for hours).
@QueenCheetah93 I think they're complaining about all lair expansions, and not just this new one. Which is something I'm complaining about. I'm all for more space, but I feel like something as necessary as lair expansion shouldn't be so expensive. I've been almost broke multiple times.

@pretzuls I don't know if I was one of the users QueenCheetah93 was referring to, but in my opinion the prices overall should be lowered. Lair expansion is something that is necessary to every user, and to have it become something almost impossible to achieve (more than once I've been forced to expand my lair and be left with around 20k in treasure) is frustrating and annoying.

(to no user in particular) I like having more lair expansions made available, but I hate having to be nearly broke just to make 5 more slots available to my dragons. And don't dare tell me I'm just not being dedicated enough about saving money. I also have dragons that need genes, dragons that need breed changes, and dragons that need gene changes for breeding projects. Not to mention that my coli teams can be expensive to level up when the stones I need are pricey, and the dragons I need for my breeding projects are typically between 12k and 30k in the AH (in treasure). I try to save, but to get money I have to make money. But then to make money I end up needing more lair space for the dragons that will get me money, and then that means I have no money to get the dragons that will give me money.
And, like @ViridisFae said, not everyone can spend hours at a time on FR. Some of us have other things to do (not meant as an offence to those who do have the time to be on FR for hours).
@Zephyria My point is that not all of us can save (nor have the time to save and go to the fairgrounds, which I don't). Not only that, but lair expansions are a necessary thing. It is beyond frustrating to find myself at 20k in treasure just to add 5 more slots (which is a rather pathetic amount), but I have to do it or I won't have the space for the dragons who can eventually make me money (money which will probably be lost again when I have to make another expansion).
It doesn't help that most things in the AH these days won't sell unless they're cheap... more specifically, the dragons won't sell unless they're cheap.

I also, personally, wouldn't care if something I had to buy for a lot of money was made cheaper in the future. Why should I force my hardships onto the newer generation of users? "I had it rough, lair expansions didn't come easy, so you have to suffer as I did because it's only fair to me and the other old users who care". Does that really sound fair?
@Zephyria My point is that not all of us can save (nor have the time to save and go to the fairgrounds, which I don't). Not only that, but lair expansions are a necessary thing. It is beyond frustrating to find myself at 20k in treasure just to add 5 more slots (which is a rather pathetic amount), but I have to do it or I won't have the space for the dragons who can eventually make me money (money which will probably be lost again when I have to make another expansion).
It doesn't help that most things in the AH these days won't sell unless they're cheap... more specifically, the dragons won't sell unless they're cheap.

I also, personally, wouldn't care if something I had to buy for a lot of money was made cheaper in the future. Why should I force my hardships onto the newer generation of users? "I had it rough, lair expansions didn't come easy, so you have to suffer as I did because it's only fair to me and the other old users who care". Does that really sound fair?
@EarthTiger " Lair expansion is something that is necessary to every user, and to have it become something almost impossible to achieve..."

It's far, far, far from "almost impossible" to increase your lair. Earn money, put it in your vault, do not take it out for any reason other than lair expansions, no exceptions. That's what I did, so when these new expansions came out? I was able to buy every single one of them... and I still have half the money I had originally saved.

It's no more impossible than anything else.
@EarthTiger " Lair expansion is something that is necessary to every user, and to have it become something almost impossible to achieve..."

It's far, far, far from "almost impossible" to increase your lair. Earn money, put it in your vault, do not take it out for any reason other than lair expansions, no exceptions. That's what I did, so when these new expansions came out? I was able to buy every single one of them... and I still have half the money I had originally saved.

It's no more impossible than anything else.
0cenukq.png
1vxCLIO.png
the jackalopes look like they've realised how bad a mistake they've just made by showing themselves
the jackalopes look like they've realised how bad a mistake they've just made by showing themselves
M7z2p.gifyWuix.gifCWlUL.gif
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 53 54