Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Account locking
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I support this also. Some games have that already and it is really good if you don't have much time for a certain time to play or if you are on vacation or ill etc. But yes after the vacation mode is ended there should be a cooldown time until the next vacation mode can be done.
On vacation mode you can't do any things exept using the library category.
I support this also. Some games have that already and it is really good if you don't have much time for a certain time to play or if you are on vacation or ill etc. But yes after the vacation mode is ended there should be a cooldown time until the next vacation mode can be done.
On vacation mode you can't do any things exept using the library category.
hdUkGga.png SkdP4dm.pngQWVLgKo.png
Sorry this would not encourage daily play.

I could just lock and unlock my account and things would just be the same as if I left. If I took a two year hiatus I should be able to come back to the game with all my items remaining, but I should not be able to have my dragons still with energy.

The fact that dragons lose energy is a way of encouraging daily playing, and daily feeding. That is the reason we have a daily bonus for keeping the energy level above 80%.

Since the idea of things that need to be done daily exist, having the ability to lock one of them and return without any type of penalty just takes away from the need to play daily.

A player could lock their account and unlock it daily so they would never need to feed their dragons at all. This would be counterproductive to keeping daily players. No support.
Sorry this would not encourage daily play.

I could just lock and unlock my account and things would just be the same as if I left. If I took a two year hiatus I should be able to come back to the game with all my items remaining, but I should not be able to have my dragons still with energy.

The fact that dragons lose energy is a way of encouraging daily playing, and daily feeding. That is the reason we have a daily bonus for keeping the energy level above 80%.

Since the idea of things that need to be done daily exist, having the ability to lock one of them and return without any type of penalty just takes away from the need to play daily.

A player could lock their account and unlock it daily so they would never need to feed their dragons at all. This would be counterproductive to keeping daily players. No support.
@Qnyxz

A lot of people have argued that there should be a cooldown on this. Two replies above you said at least three days.
So that would completely negate your point.
@Qnyxz

A lot of people have argued that there should be a cooldown on this. Two replies above you said at least three days.
V2JLSpi.png0uebEKY.pngimage.pngimage.pngBsom7I2.pngjnEhDH9.pngX7H4JZX.pngnF1ESUZ.pngBadnwzE.png aa
Luteia // 21+ // fae|faer or he|him

Ping me to get my attention!

Nature // Shadow // FR Time
aa qA4DWTW.png
I vote for this as well! Sometimes life just gets way too hectic to tend to all the dragons. Emergencies and vacations really don't allow for dedicating time to the site... but it's so discouraging to come back to lost bonuses, hungry dragons, and so on, after being gone for a while.
My sister recently had some serious life issues happen in quick succession, and it really messed her up. But when she was finally able to come back to the game, it was just a stressful mess to try and get caught up again, and she gave up playing entirely. :(
I vote for this as well! Sometimes life just gets way too hectic to tend to all the dragons. Emergencies and vacations really don't allow for dedicating time to the site... but it's so discouraging to come back to lost bonuses, hungry dragons, and so on, after being gone for a while.
My sister recently had some serious life issues happen in quick succession, and it really messed her up. But when she was finally able to come back to the game, it was just a stressful mess to try and get caught up again, and she gave up playing entirely. :(
il_75x75.1312599259_4fno.jpgyGoZ2OC.png.a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.png
[quote name="Luteia" date=2016-11-12 15:29:20] Qnyxz A lot of people have argued that there should be a cooldown on this. Two replies above you said at least three days. So that would completely negate your point. [/quote] @Luteia It does not negate my point. My point is to be able to lock your account so that it would be unchanged when you return would negate and discourage daily play. Another point would be that if there were added then it would be unfair to those who were gone before the ability to lock your account down so you could be away from it and currently have zero energy. There are many players who come back after long Hiatuses and have no energy and that is by game design to encourage daily play. To change it now would be unfair to those who already are not playing at this time but could come back at any time and begin playing agian. The idea of losing energy is there to encourage the daily play, to be able to lock it so you don't takes away from that.
Luteia wrote on 2016-11-12:
Qnyxz

@Luteia

It does not negate my point. My point is to be able to lock your account so that it would be unchanged when you return would negate and discourage daily play.

Another point would be that if there were added then it would be unfair to those who were gone before the ability to lock your account down so you could be away from it and currently have zero energy. There are many players who come back after long Hiatuses and have no energy and that is by game design to encourage daily play. To change it now would be unfair to those who already are not playing at this time but could come back at any time and begin playing agian.

The idea of losing energy is there to encourage the daily play, to be able to lock it so you don't takes away from that.
@Qnyxz

The entire point of doing so is for when you're not able to get online at all, like on vacation or in the hospital.
You could also very well say that having open registration at some point is going to be unfair to all those who couldn't register in 2013 and as such, don't have light sprites. When and if they come back, they'll be able to lock their accounts if they need to. "To change it now would be unfair" is something that can be applied to just about anything. To have books is unfair to those who had to deal with stone tablets and chalk writing. That's not exactly a very good point.

Even so, it's been agreed upon that you would not get any daily bonuses, and you wouldn't be able to do anything. Cooldowns don't decrease, you don't get your well-fed bonus, you can't gather or coli, etc. The only reason is so you don't break your bank getting all your dragons fed again. When I train fodder and as such, don't feed until I've exalted them all, by the time I'm done I'm at 92% and my dragons eat 300+ insects alone. At the moment I have 6500ish insect points. I don't think I need to do the math to point out that feeding them all again would be really, really annoying and would take quite some cash.

Your suggestion of people locking when they go to bed and unlocking when they get up is why you would have a cooldown, so you wouldn't be able to do that. I would also suggest making it so you have a 3-day cooldown to be able to unlock your account again, because 3 days is 9 points a dragon. Which is a lot less annoying than 50 points, and far more doable without breaking the bank.

We've already agreed upon restrictions to prevent abuse of the function, so your argument is kind of negated by pretty much everything that's already been said.
@Qnyxz

The entire point of doing so is for when you're not able to get online at all, like on vacation or in the hospital.
You could also very well say that having open registration at some point is going to be unfair to all those who couldn't register in 2013 and as such, don't have light sprites. When and if they come back, they'll be able to lock their accounts if they need to. "To change it now would be unfair" is something that can be applied to just about anything. To have books is unfair to those who had to deal with stone tablets and chalk writing. That's not exactly a very good point.

Even so, it's been agreed upon that you would not get any daily bonuses, and you wouldn't be able to do anything. Cooldowns don't decrease, you don't get your well-fed bonus, you can't gather or coli, etc. The only reason is so you don't break your bank getting all your dragons fed again. When I train fodder and as such, don't feed until I've exalted them all, by the time I'm done I'm at 92% and my dragons eat 300+ insects alone. At the moment I have 6500ish insect points. I don't think I need to do the math to point out that feeding them all again would be really, really annoying and would take quite some cash.

Your suggestion of people locking when they go to bed and unlocking when they get up is why you would have a cooldown, so you wouldn't be able to do that. I would also suggest making it so you have a 3-day cooldown to be able to unlock your account again, because 3 days is 9 points a dragon. Which is a lot less annoying than 50 points, and far more doable without breaking the bank.

We've already agreed upon restrictions to prevent abuse of the function, so your argument is kind of negated by pretty much everything that's already been said.
V2JLSpi.png0uebEKY.pngimage.pngimage.pngBsom7I2.pngjnEhDH9.pngX7H4JZX.pngnF1ESUZ.pngBadnwzE.png aa
Luteia // 21+ // fae|faer or he|him

Ping me to get my attention!

Nature // Shadow // FR Time
aa qA4DWTW.png
No.

The well fed bonus and the hunger bars are there to encourage daily activity.

The well fed bonus is a reward for consistent activity. An incentive to get people to play.

If you're not gonna be here, then no bonus for you.

It's not "unfair" that you have to do a game mechanic like everybody else to get the same reward.

Why should someone who isn't playing get the same benefits as someone who is logging on and feeding their dragons? That's just lazy.

Yeah, life happens sometimes. You come back, you feed your dragons, you get your bonus back pretty quick. So what if you have to buy food? That's part of the game and part of the economy too. And if you're really that cheap, there are food banks in the forums.

If you think you're too good for food banks, food is dirt cheap anyway. It is so bloody cheap. It's cheap in the AH, and even more absurdly cheap in the forums. Food prices are basically a steal. You can feed your dragons after you do Tomo, Crim, and screw around in the fairgrounds for less than an hour.
No.

The well fed bonus and the hunger bars are there to encourage daily activity.

The well fed bonus is a reward for consistent activity. An incentive to get people to play.

If you're not gonna be here, then no bonus for you.

It's not "unfair" that you have to do a game mechanic like everybody else to get the same reward.

Why should someone who isn't playing get the same benefits as someone who is logging on and feeding their dragons? That's just lazy.

Yeah, life happens sometimes. You come back, you feed your dragons, you get your bonus back pretty quick. So what if you have to buy food? That's part of the game and part of the economy too. And if you're really that cheap, there are food banks in the forums.

If you think you're too good for food banks, food is dirt cheap anyway. It is so bloody cheap. It's cheap in the AH, and even more absurdly cheap in the forums. Food prices are basically a steal. You can feed your dragons after you do Tomo, Crim, and screw around in the fairgrounds for less than an hour.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
I can support this if:

1. There's a cooldown period of 3 or more days, counting after you reactivate the account.

2. During the cooldown period (or the first 3 days if the CD is longer), the player does not gain the well-fed bonus. This means they still need to wait 3 days for the well-fed bonus bar to refill, but they do not need to feed their dragons from 0 energy. They just need to keep it above 80% as usual.

3. A tentative feature would be to have a minimum holiday time. For example, if you choose to go on holiday-mode, you need to stay in holiday mode for a minimum of 2 weeks (or some sensible time period). This combines with point 1 can minimize the abuse, I think, I hope.

This is to counter abuse of this feature to get short period of inactivity while still coming back to a lair with well-fed bonus, which still motivates daily activities. At the same time it keeps the player from bankruptcy trying to buy food to feed their lair if they went on a long vacation.
(I know food is cheap, but in my case, if I come back from a long hiatus, I need to spend 170kT on food to get them well-fed, and this is calculated at 20T per point. I might not have that much treasure on me by the time I return, and I dare not enter a food bank asking for such quantity!)
I can support this if:

1. There's a cooldown period of 3 or more days, counting after you reactivate the account.

2. During the cooldown period (or the first 3 days if the CD is longer), the player does not gain the well-fed bonus. This means they still need to wait 3 days for the well-fed bonus bar to refill, but they do not need to feed their dragons from 0 energy. They just need to keep it above 80% as usual.

3. A tentative feature would be to have a minimum holiday time. For example, if you choose to go on holiday-mode, you need to stay in holiday mode for a minimum of 2 weeks (or some sensible time period). This combines with point 1 can minimize the abuse, I think, I hope.

This is to counter abuse of this feature to get short period of inactivity while still coming back to a lair with well-fed bonus, which still motivates daily activities. At the same time it keeps the player from bankruptcy trying to buy food to feed their lair if they went on a long vacation.
(I know food is cheap, but in my case, if I come back from a long hiatus, I need to spend 170kT on food to get them well-fed, and this is calculated at 20T per point. I might not have that much treasure on me by the time I return, and I dare not enter a food bank asking for such quantity!)
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Hey, life happens! I think this is a great idea!
Hey, life happens! I think this is a great idea!
This seems like a nice idea, a cool down and other such things to keep away abuse and such would need to be considered but at least those that know they will be away would be able to breathe easy knowing that they don't have to come back starving dragons.

This seems like a nice idea, a cool down and other such things to keep away abuse and such would need to be considered but at least those that know they will be away would be able to breathe easy knowing that they don't have to come back starving dragons.

1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31