Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shuffle Den slot unlock tasks
1 2 3 4 5
@chespin
agreed.

as far as i can tell, a lot of the tasks serve as a sink for items of little prior value - look at how suddenly people are making a mint off selling these training fiends or level 1 gathering drops that weren't even worth selling on the AH before now.

however, it doesn't strike me that eggs or gene scrolls need a sink like that. egg prices on the AH are reasonably stable and have been for a while, with expected fluctuations during festivals. a lot of eggs that are obtained from the site are hatched one way or another, so there's never an excess of them floating around. same with gene scrolls. the ones from the treasure MP have that cap on their price that keeps them stable. so i think that the expensive stuff is there mostly as a "do you want this one slot bad enough" sort of thing. which, again, i understand and support. as long as i'm not forced to do it in order to progress.

someone pointed out the other day that if you were to sell an unhatched egg instead of give it to the den, you'd get enough gems to unlock several slots rather than just one. so while i understand why these are included in the tasks, i'm not certain it's going to work out the way it was intended.
@chespin
agreed.

as far as i can tell, a lot of the tasks serve as a sink for items of little prior value - look at how suddenly people are making a mint off selling these training fiends or level 1 gathering drops that weren't even worth selling on the AH before now.

however, it doesn't strike me that eggs or gene scrolls need a sink like that. egg prices on the AH are reasonably stable and have been for a while, with expected fluctuations during festivals. a lot of eggs that are obtained from the site are hatched one way or another, so there's never an excess of them floating around. same with gene scrolls. the ones from the treasure MP have that cap on their price that keeps them stable. so i think that the expensive stuff is there mostly as a "do you want this one slot bad enough" sort of thing. which, again, i understand and support. as long as i'm not forced to do it in order to progress.

someone pointed out the other day that if you were to sell an unhatched egg instead of give it to the den, you'd get enough gems to unlock several slots rather than just one. so while i understand why these are included in the tasks, i'm not certain it's going to work out the way it was intended.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
No support. I feel having a direct order is necessary. The feature is designed to go through each coliseum venue as a path for newer players. I know I’d be upset if I shuffled only to realize my massive mistake in the fact I really shouldn’t kept it as-is.

Plus, shuffling 10 Slots seems.. eh. Idk. It just doesn’t feel like a good feature to me. People would just bypass the expensive quests.
No support. I feel having a direct order is necessary. The feature is designed to go through each coliseum venue as a path for newer players. I know I’d be upset if I shuffled only to realize my massive mistake in the fact I really shouldn’t kept it as-is.

Plus, shuffling 10 Slots seems.. eh. Idk. It just doesn’t feel like a good feature to me. People would just bypass the expensive quests.
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
Yes, much support! I'm currently stuck on the available tasks and would like to have the ability to shuffle things around so I can do the tasks I have already got the items for. I'd also hate to be stuck on the ones that require eggs or expensive breed changes later on.
Yes, much support! I'm currently stuck on the available tasks and would like to have the ability to shuffle things around so I can do the tasks I have already got the items for. I'd also hate to be stuck on the ones that require eggs or expensive breed changes later on.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
No support. The eggs are the cost of accessing more cheap tasks. If shuffling was a thing, then either the cheap tasks should be made more a lot more expensive, or it should only be possible to shuffle similar tasks with each other (egg tasks with egg tasks, runestones with runestones, etc).
No support. The eggs are the cost of accessing more cheap tasks. If shuffling was a thing, then either the cheap tasks should be made more a lot more expensive, or it should only be possible to shuffle similar tasks with each other (egg tasks with egg tasks, runestones with runestones, etc).
2e2UMYR.png
[quote name="CryLikeAWolf" date="2019-02-22 21:37:04" ] No support. I feel having a direct order is necessary. The feature is designed to go through each coliseum venue as a path for newer players. I know I’d be upset if I shuffled only to realize my massive mistake in the fact I really shouldn’t kept it as-is. [/quote] There isn't a direct order strictly. The tasks show up in a general order, but tasks get shuffled between different users. (unless they changed that with the update) I do think this is slightly less necessary with being able to see 10 tasks at once, but I still don't think it's that big of an issue. Additionally, it's not like the high priced items need a skins. Eggs keep their value pretty well, as do gene scrolls and boss fams. There really isn't a need to shuffle them away, like there is with the common familiars or apparel.
CryLikeAWolf wrote on 2019-02-22 21:37:04:

There isn't a direct order strictly. The tasks show up in a general order, but tasks get shuffled between different users. (unless they changed that with the update) I do think this is slightly less necessary with being able to see 10 tasks at once, but I still don't think it's that big of an issue.

Additionally, it's not like the high priced items need a skins. Eggs keep their value pretty well, as do gene scrolls and boss fams. There really isn't a need to shuffle them away, like there is with the common familiars or apparel.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Full support!

The tasks came up in the order of the complete list for me so far, but I don't think this is necessary to keep this way.

Firstly, since several people already mentioned the coliseum venue order, the breed change/gene scrolls, unhatched eggs and apparel pieces don't fit into this at all. And the battle stones can also be obtained in a different venue order. So the argument of the staff planning this sorting only by venues is kinda off the table for me. And seeing how a lot of really expensive items come fairly early in the list, this is basically the opposite of aiming it at new players. Including the multitude of food items that especially new players need for their dragons. It takes a while to get an efficient coli team after all.

Shuffling the tasks would be a good option, although I'd like an altogether different approach better.
I generally feel the first spots in the den should be relatively cheap and go up in item demand in later stages (as in, if you really want/need more than 50+ spots you have to fulfill the egg/gene/etc. tasks). It really doesn't make sense to me that an egg is demanded before one single copper muck, among other strangely sorted quests. So why not make it possible to fulfill tasks by picking them from the list directly instead of the offered 10 quests?
This really shouldn't make much difference. The players who have enough resources can fulfill all tasks that come up anyway. And the others, especially new ones, can do the more demanding tasks later. The quests are no good treasure sinks anyway. The ones that are too expensive or unwanted (like the egg ones, many players hate chucking a potential dragon) are just not done until they are stuck with these quests only. And then no sinking of treasure or items happens anymore, which is exactly what never should happen with treasure sinks. And reading through the comments here, many players already have this problem, so the sink argument is also a bit pointless at this stage.

But yeah, if no direct picking of tasks, then shuffling would definitely be very much appreciated!
Full support!

The tasks came up in the order of the complete list for me so far, but I don't think this is necessary to keep this way.

Firstly, since several people already mentioned the coliseum venue order, the breed change/gene scrolls, unhatched eggs and apparel pieces don't fit into this at all. And the battle stones can also be obtained in a different venue order. So the argument of the staff planning this sorting only by venues is kinda off the table for me. And seeing how a lot of really expensive items come fairly early in the list, this is basically the opposite of aiming it at new players. Including the multitude of food items that especially new players need for their dragons. It takes a while to get an efficient coli team after all.

Shuffling the tasks would be a good option, although I'd like an altogether different approach better.
I generally feel the first spots in the den should be relatively cheap and go up in item demand in later stages (as in, if you really want/need more than 50+ spots you have to fulfill the egg/gene/etc. tasks). It really doesn't make sense to me that an egg is demanded before one single copper muck, among other strangely sorted quests. So why not make it possible to fulfill tasks by picking them from the list directly instead of the offered 10 quests?
This really shouldn't make much difference. The players who have enough resources can fulfill all tasks that come up anyway. And the others, especially new ones, can do the more demanding tasks later. The quests are no good treasure sinks anyway. The ones that are too expensive or unwanted (like the egg ones, many players hate chucking a potential dragon) are just not done until they are stuck with these quests only. And then no sinking of treasure or items happens anymore, which is exactly what never should happen with treasure sinks. And reading through the comments here, many players already have this problem, so the sink argument is also a bit pointless at this stage.

But yeah, if no direct picking of tasks, then shuffling would definitely be very much appreciated!
FR+9h, Germany, she/her
I would support a task shuffle! I checked the list and I have a lot of items stored up for later tasks but hardly any for the earlier ones.
I would support a task shuffle! I checked the list and I have a lot of items stored up for later tasks but hardly any for the earlier ones.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
No support. Like many other things - including normal lairspace, which gets to be far more expensive per slot - if you don't want to farm the money or items you don't have to. You're not being penalised by not having the slots, you just don't get to skip ahead to polish off all the easy ones. Those slots will still be there and you'll still have the items when you get round to it.

It's a bit like the bond-all button suggestion - if you want the shiny non-compulsory thing, then you can slowly put the time in.

I'm currently stuck on a task with cycled-out items in (plus a bunch of eggs) so I'm just farming the coli and probably waiting til at least one of the items cycles in.
No support. Like many other things - including normal lairspace, which gets to be far more expensive per slot - if you don't want to farm the money or items you don't have to. You're not being penalised by not having the slots, you just don't get to skip ahead to polish off all the easy ones. Those slots will still be there and you'll still have the items when you get round to it.

It's a bit like the bond-all button suggestion - if you want the shiny non-compulsory thing, then you can slowly put the time in.

I'm currently stuck on a task with cycled-out items in (plus a bunch of eggs) so I'm just farming the coli and probably waiting til at least one of the items cycles in.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Yes, slots get more expensive the more you expand. So why are the expensive tasks scattered throughout, rather than gathered at the end?

That would be like randomly having a 1mil t expansion every 25 slots you unlock. There's no need for those expensive items to have an additional sink, so I feel they should be able to be skipped.
Yes, slots get more expensive the more you expand. So why are the expensive tasks scattered throughout, rather than gathered at the end?

That would be like randomly having a 1mil t expansion every 25 slots you unlock. There's no need for those expensive items to have an additional sink, so I feel they should be able to be skipped.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Plus for eggs it's not even about the expense. I'm someone who hatches every egg I get too. I know that's not financially sound, but a big part of the game for me is Seeing What I Get.

So this is 11 Oportunities flushed. Or, if I don't want to do that, eventually I can't do anything at all

I like the idea of moving one task a day to the end of the line. Shoot, maybe even put a low fee, like 1k, to do it. It would keep the skipped tasks "in order" as it were.
Plus for eggs it's not even about the expense. I'm someone who hatches every egg I get too. I know that's not financially sound, but a big part of the game for me is Seeing What I Get.

So this is 11 Oportunities flushed. Or, if I don't want to do that, eventually I can't do anything at all

I like the idea of moving one task a day to the end of the line. Shoot, maybe even put a low fee, like 1k, to do it. It would keep the skipped tasks "in order" as it were.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
1 2 3 4 5