Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-12-23 12:50:38" ] [quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-23 12:45:24" ] [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-12-23 12:29:32" ] I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house [/quote] Even that would only be 'good' if we could name dragons Unnamed. Otherwise there would be no way to buy unnamed dragons with the right colors or unrelated unnameds for breeding project parents. [/quote] Then, allow Unnamed in Crossroads, but don't in the auction house. [/quote] Crossroads are hardly searchable. They'd need a search feature and open endedness like the auction house. But why add a Auctionhouse 2.0 when we allready have a great AH? I hardly see the point in disallowing Unnamed from the AH - its not like Unnamed is a bad thing and should be forbidden. I get some people do not like to buy unnameds. but we DO have a name filter so unnamed dragons can be filtered from the search so you'll only see named dragons.
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-12-23 12:50:38:
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-23 12:45:24:
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-12-23 12:29:32:
I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house

Even that would only be 'good' if we could name dragons Unnamed. Otherwise there would be no way to buy unnamed dragons with the right colors or unrelated unnameds for breeding project parents.
Then, allow Unnamed in Crossroads, but don't in the auction house.

Crossroads are hardly searchable. They'd need a search feature and open endedness like the auction house. But why add a Auctionhouse 2.0 when we allready have a great AH? I hardly see the point in disallowing Unnamed from the AH - its not like Unnamed is a bad thing and should be forbidden. I get some people do not like to buy unnameds. but we DO have a name filter so unnamed dragons can be filtered from the search so you'll only see named dragons.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-12-23 12:29:32" ] I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house [/quote] Whats even the point? You can just request a name before they send a CR, or name it when you get it. Its not like they can trick you into getting another dragon that's unnamed. On AH you can filter out unnamed. Why should I [i]have[/i] to name a dragon I want to send away? I dont particualrly care to name them before I sell them, and I dont care what the person who buys it names it either. The only time anyone other then me would be negatively affected by me not naming before I sell would be during a heated dom battle. Which would be absolutely solved by allowing unnamed in the coli.
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-12-23 12:29:32:
I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house
Whats even the point? You can just request a name before they send a CR, or name it when you get it. Its not like they can trick you into getting another dragon that's unnamed. On AH you can filter out unnamed. Why should I have to name a dragon I want to send away? I dont particualrly care to name them before I sell them, and I dont care what the person who buys it names it either. The only time anyone other then me would be negatively affected by me not naming before I sell would be during a heated dom battle. Which would be absolutely solved by allowing unnamed in the coli.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
No support for naming upon selling either. I used nest rentals for two dragons in my lair. Both have Unnamed parents (for a total of 4 Unnamed dragons). Had I have to name the parents before using unsanctioned nest rental, it would have ruined the concept behind my dream dragons.

And some people honestly don't mind buying/selling Unnamed dragons. Some people prefer to sell Unnamed so the buyer doesn't need a rename scroll AND these sellers are fine of those dragons remain Unnamed. A small minority of buyers will only buy Unnamed dragons so they don't have to rename them themselves.

No one in any scenario is wrong. Let us continue to play the game our way.
No support for naming upon selling either. I used nest rentals for two dragons in my lair. Both have Unnamed parents (for a total of 4 Unnamed dragons). Had I have to name the parents before using unsanctioned nest rental, it would have ruined the concept behind my dream dragons.

And some people honestly don't mind buying/selling Unnamed dragons. Some people prefer to sell Unnamed so the buyer doesn't need a rename scroll AND these sellers are fine of those dragons remain Unnamed. A small minority of buyers will only buy Unnamed dragons so they don't have to rename them themselves.

No one in any scenario is wrong. Let us continue to play the game our way.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I prefer to auction my dragons as unnamed to give the buyer the freedom to choose a name for them, or to choose not to name them at all. This means there's always a chance of my dragons being exalted without names but I don't mind, because I can accept that putting it up for sale automatically revokes any right I have to decide what is done with it. I don't check my dragons' offspring list because I know that 90% of them will be exalted, so their lack of a name doesn't bother me.

When I buy a dragon, if it's one I want to keep then I prefer it not to be named. If it's one I'm going to exalt, then if it doesn't already have a name I make sure that I give it one.

I'm really starting to think that we should have a list of banned topics in the Suggestions forum, because this particular dead horse is mentioned about once a week and always gets the same response across the board, which is a resounding no. No player has the right to decide what another player does with another dragon in their possession, up to and including enforcing a rule which would block the sale of all dragons without names and would impact the playing style and preferences of a large section of the playerbase.
I prefer to auction my dragons as unnamed to give the buyer the freedom to choose a name for them, or to choose not to name them at all. This means there's always a chance of my dragons being exalted without names but I don't mind, because I can accept that putting it up for sale automatically revokes any right I have to decide what is done with it. I don't check my dragons' offspring list because I know that 90% of them will be exalted, so their lack of a name doesn't bother me.

When I buy a dragon, if it's one I want to keep then I prefer it not to be named. If it's one I'm going to exalt, then if it doesn't already have a name I make sure that I give it one.

I'm really starting to think that we should have a list of banned topics in the Suggestions forum, because this particular dead horse is mentioned about once a week and always gets the same response across the board, which is a resounding no. No player has the right to decide what another player does with another dragon in their possession, up to and including enforcing a rule which would block the sale of all dragons without names and would impact the playing style and preferences of a large section of the playerbase.
[quote name="Farah" date="2018-12-23 14:14:09" ] I'm really starting to think that we should have a list of banned topics in the Suggestions forum, because this particular dead horse is mentioned about once a week and always gets the same response across the board, which is a resounding no. No player has the right to decide what another player does with another dragon in their possession, up to and including enforcing a rule which would block the sale of all dragons without names and would impact the playing style and preferences of a large section of the playerbase. [/quote] Yeah, see that so myself. It just gets annoying to explain that again and again and again even after mods & devs already stepped in to explain why some things just cant be or are just bad ideas.
Farah wrote on 2018-12-23 14:14:09:

Yeah, see that so myself. It just gets annoying to explain that again and again and again even after mods & devs already stepped in to explain why some things just cant be or are just bad ideas.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

[quote name="Farah" date="2018-12-23 14:14:09" ] I'm really starting to think that we should have a list of banned topics in the Suggestions forum, because this particular dead horse is mentioned about once a week and always gets the same response across the board, which is a resounding no. No player has the right to decide what another player does with another dragon in their possession, up to and including enforcing a rule which would block the sale of all dragons without names and would impact the playing style and preferences of a large section of the playerbase. [/quote] Agreed, these kind of suggestions are verging on being against site ToS if they arent already, at the very least forced naming at any point suggestions should be banned.

Agreed, these kind of suggestions are verging on being against site ToS if they arent already, at the very least forced naming at any point suggestions should be banned.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[center][quote name="Farah" date="2018-12-23 14:14:09" ] I'm really starting to think that we should have a list of banned topics in the Suggestions forum, because this particular dead horse is mentioned about once a week and always gets the same response across the board, which is a resounding no. No player has the right to decide what another player does with another dragon in their possession, up to and including enforcing a rule which would block the sale of all dragons without names and would impact the playing style and preferences of a large section of the playerbase. [/quote] [/center]
To be honest, sure. Why not.
Provided one of the names you could name your dragon was Unnamed, it seems fine to me.
To be honest, sure. Why not.
Provided one of the names you could name your dragon was Unnamed, it seems fine to me.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Nope.

My dragons, so I'll decide whether I want to name them or not.
Nope.

My dragons, so I'll decide whether I want to name them or not.
no support. i rarely know what i want to name my dragons upon first getting them. i have dragons ive owned for months i still haven't figured out a name for. i know a lot of people like having dragons unnamed for lore reasons, too.
no support. i rarely know what i want to name my dragons upon first getting them. i have dragons ive owned for months i still haven't figured out a name for. i know a lot of people like having dragons unnamed for lore reasons, too.
Vorvomon_vpet_pen.gif Dorumon_vpet_dm.gif Ryudamon_vpet_pen.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15