Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
Sorry, but no support.
I should take my sweet time while deciding the name. I don't want to use the random generator and have to pay 6kt to get a rename scroll, because that's not gonna happen.
Sorry, but no support.
I should take my sweet time while deciding the name. I don't want to use the random generator and have to pay 6kt to get a rename scroll, because that's not gonna happen.
P1CwUov.gif
guys it's a troll obviously
guys it's a troll obviously
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24" ]But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours.[/quote] im sorry do you [i]want[/i] schrodinger's ownership of this thing [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10192279] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/101923/10192279_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=1]i know its a troll but its 7 am and i laughed[/size]
PurpleBubble wrote on 2018-12-22 06:25:24:
But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours.

im sorry do you want schrodinger's ownership of this thing

10192279_350.png

i know its a troll but its 7 am and i laughed
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
No support. I sell my hatchling unnamed for multiple reasons.
1. I'm giving them up, so I have relinquished any and all rights to them, so I'm not going to name them. It's up to whoever owns them to decide. I do not get to decide if they are named, exalted, unnamed or permanent. I get no say.
2. I don't care. I just like the look of a long offspring list. If some of them are unnamed, oh well.
3. I don't want to force people to buy a scroll of renaming if they do not like the name that came with the hatchling.

It's preference sometimes. I even have some dragons I take a while to name, either because I want the perfect name for them or I haven't decided what I'm doing with them yet. Forcing me to name on hatching would destroy the ability to have that time.
No support. I sell my hatchling unnamed for multiple reasons.
1. I'm giving them up, so I have relinquished any and all rights to them, so I'm not going to name them. It's up to whoever owns them to decide. I do not get to decide if they are named, exalted, unnamed or permanent. I get no say.
2. I don't care. I just like the look of a long offspring list. If some of them are unnamed, oh well.
3. I don't want to force people to buy a scroll of renaming if they do not like the name that came with the hatchling.

It's preference sometimes. I even have some dragons I take a while to name, either because I want the perfect name for them or I haven't decided what I'm doing with them yet. Forcing me to name on hatching would destroy the ability to have that time.
Can't you hear the bells singing along?
You all hear it on the radio
Can't you see the hero coming home?
Can't you hear the bells
677.png967.png23821.png
This is going to sound harsh, but I honestly don't care about who ends up with my baby dragons down the line. They can do whatever they want with them. I also couldn't care less what they think about a name or a lack thereof.

If I don't want to name a dragon, so be it. It is my dragon at the time. If I breed an unnamed dragon and sell the babies and the seller has an issue with that, then that is their problem.

People play this game how they want to play it for fun. This isn't the real world. Not taking into consideration the WHOLE POPULATION of FR when you decide to name a dragon or not is hurting no one.

Seriously. I have dragons with silly names. I don't actually leave my dragons unnamed. But if anyone has an issue with having a hatchling from a Fred or a Daniel or an LThree or a LOCW or Clevergirl or BillCipher or any of the fandragons I have, then that is their problem not mine.

OP, stop caring about those little lists on a dragon's bio so much. And for goodness's sakes leave other players to their playstyles. This is a dragon game, no one is obligated to worry about what anyone else thinks of their names or lack of.

EDIT: Also the bit about 'gender-conforming names' is gross not gonna lie
This is going to sound harsh, but I honestly don't care about who ends up with my baby dragons down the line. They can do whatever they want with them. I also couldn't care less what they think about a name or a lack thereof.

If I don't want to name a dragon, so be it. It is my dragon at the time. If I breed an unnamed dragon and sell the babies and the seller has an issue with that, then that is their problem.

People play this game how they want to play it for fun. This isn't the real world. Not taking into consideration the WHOLE POPULATION of FR when you decide to name a dragon or not is hurting no one.

Seriously. I have dragons with silly names. I don't actually leave my dragons unnamed. But if anyone has an issue with having a hatchling from a Fred or a Daniel or an LThree or a LOCW or Clevergirl or BillCipher or any of the fandragons I have, then that is their problem not mine.

OP, stop caring about those little lists on a dragon's bio so much. And for goodness's sakes leave other players to their playstyles. This is a dragon game, no one is obligated to worry about what anyone else thinks of their names or lack of.

Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 06:33:40" ] Actually, my dragons are my dragons. It doesn't matter whether or not their ancestors or their descendants are in some other person's lair. If a dragon is in my lair it is MY dragon. NO ONE has any right to any part of dragons found in my lair, whether names, having children etc.. [/quote] This. Jemadar took the words right out of my mouth. If you don't like the weird names in the offspring list,[b] don't look at the offspring list.[/b]
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-22 06:33:40:
Actually, my dragons are my dragons. It doesn't matter whether or not their ancestors or their descendants are in some other person's lair. If a dragon is in my lair it is MY dragon.

NO ONE has any right to any part of dragons found in my lair, whether names, having children etc..
This. Jemadar took the words right out of my mouth.

If you don't like the weird names in the offspring list, don't look at the offspring list.
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
[quote name="Pyatiugolnik" date="2018-12-22 06:31:51" ] there's no reason to force people to name dragons. i have permas sitting unnamed for months because i want to come up with a nice name for them and i'm taking my sweet time doing so. the generator also has a ton of awful names in it, and i don't want to even temporarily name one of my dragons anything that's in it. scrolls of renaming are super cheap, almost constantly available, and are easy to get. you can find them in the AH for a slight upmark (i think around 8g) or buy them wholesale off the MP; they usually stock in the 100s. people can exalt unnamed dragons if they please. if you're upset because your hatchlings are exalted unnamed, either sell above fodder price (still has potential exalting), name them before selling (so they don't get weird, nasty names or are unnamed), or keep them forever so nobody else can disrupt your dragon's lineage. [/quote] This ^^ No support, sorry. As Pyatiugolnik (wow thats hard to spell haha) said, there's no reason to force people to name their dragons. I also have dragons sitting in my lair unnamed for months. I do right now, probably. They are [i]my[/i] dragons and I get to choose what I name them and when (well, almost what I name them). I am not obligated to name my dragons right away. If anything, required naming upon hatching would just be irritating. All hatchlings on the AH would be already named, so if you didn't like the name you'd have to pay more just to change it. [quote name="acorncap" date="2018-12-22 06:48:52" ] Can't believe my dragons are being nationalized, owned by the whole site in spirit. [/quote] I agree. Sorry op, but this is kindof ridiculous. [i]My[/i] dragons are mine, and mine only. What and if I name them isn't going to affect anyone. Edit: [quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2018-12-30 09:42:22" ] EDIT: Also the bit about 'gender-conforming names' is gross not gonna lie [/quote] THIS. I'll name my dragons what I well-darned please. So what if I name a male dragon a more "feminine" name? *coughs at Pearl*
Pyatiugolnik wrote on 2018-12-22 06:31:51:
there's no reason to force people to name dragons. i have permas sitting unnamed for months because i want to come up with a nice name for them and i'm taking my sweet time doing so.

the generator also has a ton of awful names in it, and i don't want to even temporarily name one of my dragons anything that's in it.

scrolls of renaming are super cheap, almost constantly available, and are easy to get. you can find them in the AH for a slight upmark (i think around 8g) or buy them wholesale off the MP; they usually stock in the 100s.

people can exalt unnamed dragons if they please. if you're upset because your hatchlings are exalted unnamed, either sell above fodder price (still has potential exalting), name them before selling (so they don't get weird, nasty names or are unnamed), or keep them forever so nobody else can disrupt your dragon's lineage.

This ^^
No support, sorry.
As Pyatiugolnik (wow thats hard to spell haha) said, there's no reason to force people to name their dragons. I also have dragons sitting in my lair unnamed for months. I do right now, probably. They are my dragons and I get to choose what I name them and when (well, almost what I name them). I am not obligated to name my dragons right away. If anything, required naming upon hatching would just be irritating. All hatchlings on the AH would be already named, so if you didn't like the name you'd have to pay more just to change it.

acorncap wrote on 2018-12-22 06:48:52:
Can't believe my dragons are being nationalized, owned by the whole site in spirit.

I agree. Sorry op, but this is kindof ridiculous. My dragons are mine, and mine only. What and if I name them isn't going to affect anyone.

Edit:
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2018-12-30 09:42:22:
THIS.
I'll name my dragons what I well-darned please. So what if I name a male dragon a more "feminine" name? *coughs at Pearl*
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
[quote name="DesertUmbra" date="2018-12-23 09:07:53" ]What gender then would the name "Feet" correspond to? [/quote] Don't you know, there are only two genders. Hands and Feet. [quote name="Aviary" date="2018-12-29 04:11:45" ] [quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24" ]But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours.[/quote] im sorry do you [i]want[/i] schrodinger's ownership of this thing [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10192279] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/101923/10192279_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=1]i know its a troll but its 7 am and i laughed[/size] [/quote] Deffo a hands. I also refrained from replying because I was 80% certain it was a troll, and I don't believe in feeding the trolls. Then I got a genuine message from a different user saying it's not their responsibility to name before selling. Kinda reminded me that there's a lot of misinformation still floating around. So even if this person isn't serious, I'm hijacking their thread to post a link to the staff's official stance. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078/1 Not your lair, not your dragon
DesertUmbra wrote on 2018-12-23 09:07:53:
What gender then would the name "Feet" correspond to?

Don't you know, there are only two genders. Hands and Feet.
Aviary wrote on 2018-12-29 04:11:45:

10192279_350.png

Deffo a hands.

I also refrained from replying because I was 80% certain it was a troll, and I don't believe in feeding the trolls. Then I got a genuine message from a different user saying it's not their responsibility to name before selling. Kinda reminded me that there's a lot of misinformation still floating around. So even if this person isn't serious, I'm hijacking their thread to post a link to the staff's official stance.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078/1

Not your lair, not your dragon
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-12-31 05:00:03" ] [quote name="DesertUmbra" date="2018-12-23 09:07:53" ]What gender then would the name "Feet" correspond to? [/quote] Don't you know, there are only two genders. Hands and Feet. [quote name="Aviary" date="2018-12-29 04:11:45" ] [quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24" ]But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours.[/quote] im sorry do you [i]want[/i] schrodinger's ownership of this thing [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10192279] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/101923/10192279_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=1]i know its a troll but its 7 am and i laughed[/size] [/quote] Deffo a hands. I also refrained from replying because I was 80% certain it was a troll, and I don't believe in feeding the trolls. Then I got a genuine message from a different user saying it's not their responsibility to name before selling. Kinda reminded me that there's a lot of misinformation still floating around. So even if this person isn't serious, I'm hijacking their thread to post a link to the staff's official stance. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078/1 Not your lair, not your dragon [/quote] The reason I replied, even though it probably IS a troll, is simply because there is a subset of players that DO believe this. While it is mostly limited to them wanting to change exalted dragons' names because they don't like them, I am sure if they could they would want to change inactive dragons' names as well. So, instead of just ignoring it and validating that sentiment, I would rather feed the troll and reply to others who HAVEN'T posted, but believe the same as the op.
Ridara wrote on 2018-12-31 05:00:03:
DesertUmbra wrote on 2018-12-23 09:07:53:
What gender then would the name "Feet" correspond to?

Don't you know, there are only two genders. Hands and Feet.
Aviary wrote on 2018-12-29 04:11:45:

10192279_350.png

Deffo a hands.

I also refrained from replying because I was 80% certain it was a troll, and I don't believe in feeding the trolls. Then I got a genuine message from a different user saying it's not their responsibility to name before selling. Kinda reminded me that there's a lot of misinformation still floating around. So even if this person isn't serious, I'm hijacking their thread to post a link to the staff's official stance.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078/1

Not your lair, not your dragon
The reason I replied, even though it probably IS a troll, is simply because there is a subset of players that DO believe this. While it is mostly limited to them wanting to change exalted dragons' names because they don't like them, I am sure if they could they would want to change inactive dragons' names as well.

So, instead of just ignoring it and validating that sentiment, I would rather feed the troll and reply to others who HAVEN'T posted, but believe the same as the op.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Personally, I just like posting The Unnamed One in such threads, troll or no. He's a good example of Unnamed being a deliberate thing, anyway.

And yes. Thanks to NoN and a couple of Onyx Grasps, he got even worse.
Personally, I just like posting The Unnamed One in such threads, troll or no. He's a good example of Unnamed being a deliberate thing, anyway.

And yes. Thanks to NoN and a couple of Onyx Grasps, he got even worse.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15